1994-The Concrete (Unreleased)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

1994-The Concrete (Unreleased)

Post by Jaz »

One of the illest unreleased albums from 1994, outstanding production from Diamond D, Pete Rock, Spunk Bigga and K-Def and Trackmasters and Mount Vernon's A.D.O.R. has a cool voice, rhymes and flow, sure a lot of the breaks will be familiar but it all just works really well.

An absolute shame that this album was never released officially.

I love this shit and listen to it regularly

Code: Select all

http://www.zshare.net/download/1994-the-concrete-rar.html

A.D.O.R. -The Concrete:

1. Penetration (Interlude)
2. One For the Trouble (prod K-Def & Marley Marl)
3. Life Flow (prod Amen Ra)
4. Ill at Will (prod Ill Will)
5. Day 2 Day (prod Diamond D)
6. Off the Top (Interlude)
7. Let It All Hang Out (prod Pete Rock)
8. The Voice (Interlude)
9. Keep It Real ft Diamond D (prod Diamond D)
10. From the Concrete (prod Clark Kent, Ski)
11. The Kid Is Crazy (prod Diamond D)
12. Here Comes da Wreck (prod Trackmasters)
13. Heart and Soul (prod Diamond D)
14. Day 2 Day (Diamond D's Mecca Mix)(prod Diamond D)
15. The Last Word (Interlude)

Props to Magga for the link.
Last edited by Jaz on Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Holy fucking shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Who's Magga and make sure he knows about this place. WOW.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

I've had this LP for a while, it is dope and nice producer line up.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

:ohsh: :cheers:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

How dare you not give Clark Kent the same "(b)(/b)" treatment the other producers got. Crazy props on the link, as always.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Jaz... you're a fucking legend. Wanted this for a while. Props.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Think I'm close to my DL limit with all these dope uploads. Thanks for this Jaz. All this stuff is most definitely appreciated.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

:bow:

edit: Whats the story behind this being unreleased?

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Fuck yes.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I've had this for a while, very dope record

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Combo7 wrote:How dare you not give Clark Kent the same "(b)(/b)" treatment the other producers got. Crazy props on the link, as always.
ooppppsss..I will fix it.... :oops:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Philaflava wrote:Who's Magga and make sure he knows about this place. WOW.
Magga does this blog (lots of goodies there for Golden Age fiends)

A blog for hip hop and rap from the period 1992-1996

http://magga-goldenagehiphop.blogspot.com

:cheers:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

HomeSkillet wrote::bow:

edit: Whats the story behind this being unreleased?
oh just the fact that he caught up in the Elektra bullshit and was dropped along with KMD,Shazzy and a few others.

To his credit, he has put out other albums that contain some of these tracks none of the albums are as dope as this one is.

He tells his life story at his My Space page

Family moved to Mount Vernon, NY when he was six years old. Growing up in Mt. Vernon, A.D.O.R. was raised in one of the most successful and competitive playgrounds of musical talent. He went to school with Puff Daddy, Pete Rock, Heavy D, Al B Sure, and many more representing the flavor of the Money Earnin.

He became popular with his fellow Mt. Vernon alumni for being very talented having his own brand of strong illmatic Rhyme style and Banging Music. A.D.O.R.'s musical fire, creativity, and respect for music started from when he was a shorty. Going to the studio with his musician father for all night sessions in NYC. He can remember falling asleep under keyboards and between amplifiers that blazed hot music until the break of dawn.

A.D.O.R. saw music change and alter his father, his family, and his life. That is the reason why A.D.O.R. is so genuine and passionate about the music he makes & The Business he is in. A.D.O.R.'s own musical career is a 360' story of glory, pain, Huge Success, and Overcoming Adversity from many Angles. A.D.O.R. is now Recognized as an Established Hip Hop Star & Founder of an exciting up & coming Premiere Major Independent Label. Early out, A.D.O.R. made a name for himself as an ill MC rocking key shows and making hot demos.

While at (Uptown Records ) Sean"Puffy"Combs became one of A.D.O.R.'s earliest supporters and personally shopped him around in the industry. Soon DJ Eddie F, from Heavy D & The Boys offered A.D.O.R. a production and management deal with Untouchables Entertainment, the production company responsible for Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Heavy D & The Boys, Mary J Blige and INTRO.

In 1992 A.D.O.R. released his first single "Let It All Hang Out" (Atlantic Records) Produced by Pete Rock. This record is now considered a hip hop International classic, received top 10 recognition in Billboard, and Introduced this Young Blossoming star to Big Time Success. Including a legendary performance on Fox's In Livin Color , one of the most popular shows of the Nineties & an appearance as a guest host on Yo MTV Raps. His second single "One For The Trouble" ( Atlantic Records ) was produced by Marley Marl and K Def. This single experienced a long life on underground radio and mix shows.

Later it became the Big Payoff as the Vocal Performance on FatBoy Slim's Multi Platinum Release Renegade Master. From 1992 through 1994 A.D.O.R. was one of the most anticipated and exciting new artist in Hip Hop Music. Sharing the stage with Tupac & Chillin with Big in the studio, to Headlining shows. One in particular at N.Y"s Famous Ritz where Thousands of Headz came out to see A.D.O.R. Blaze the stage. A.D.O.R. was poised for Huge success if His album he completed with Atlantic was released,yet it was never to be. A.D.O.R. felt the effects of serious Major Label Turmoil.

The Production company he was signed to falling apart and leaving his Management all in the same time when he was getting ready to release His Debut album to the world. The Concrete, a great album was never released,and Ultimately was the reason why A.D.O.R. began (Tru Reign Records ) in 1996. A.D.O.R. never wanted to leave the fate of his music & life in the hands of so many strangers ever again! ? A.D.O.R. has Enjoyed great Success with (Tru Reign Records.)

His Debut release on (Tru Reign) Records Enter The Center in 1996 Reunited A.D.O.R. with Pete Rock. Strong sales and Radio Support showed that A.D.O.R. can succeed without Atlantic Records! Enter The Center Sold More Copies then Major Label released One For The Trouble. The release of His commercial Debut Album Shock Frequency in 1998 brought an array of different great achievements for a young Independent label .

This Included songs from the album being used in Major Movies like. She's All That with Freddy Prince JR. Black Male with Bokeem Woodbine and Major European Movies as well. Shock Frequency considered now a true Hip Hop classic album also achieved strong American sales and Huge International acclaim Critically and Commercially through a Joint venture of the Release with PIAS Int. A.D.O.R. was invited to Perform at Frances most popular music festival Transmusicales where A.D.O.R. rocked with Macy Gray,Blink 182, Public Enemy & More. In 1999 Tru Reign Records signed a National Distribution deal with Sumthing Distribution.

Owned by music Mogul Nile Rodgers, This Deal Has given A.D.O.R. a strong home and foundation & Tru Reign Records Future. A.D.O.R. released his second album in 2000 ANIMAL 2000 although it received some critical acclaim there where some growing pains the label was going thru that did not let the album develop the way it could have although Animal 2000 was a very strong album that headz dig up everyday & bang thru there radio's. Although Animal 2000 did generate 2 major television appearances for A.D.O.R. one on Nationally Syndicated Network talk show Sally Jesse Raphael where A.D.O.R. was asked to be a guest on the show about EMINEM, Hip Hop Lyrics & her exclusive interview with Eminem's Mother. The second being a popular Urban Variety show in the New York Tri-State Market called Studio-Y hosted By Monie Love, Where Monie interviewd A.D.O.R. & He Performed songs From Animal 2000.

A.D.O.R. has made three Music Video's. one for Let it all Hang out with Atlantic Records, and 2 with Tru Reign Records. enter the center & the Rush. All of A.D.O.R.S videos have been supported by Major Video outlet's including MTV, BET, & The BOX Music Channel. A.D.O.R. is an artist & MC like no other. His Journey has been incredible, His Music he describes as illmatic Urban Lifeflow Music.

It has a different meaning to different people who listen to it. Yet the one constant is the passion, Energy, and Infectious Rugged Innovative Vibe one gets when they listen to A.D.O.R.. Another Dimension Of Rhythm is one of A.D.O.R.S acronyms, another is A Declaration Of Revolution. A.D.O.R. has fought many battles in his life and musical career and as any true Revolutionary he has always stood his ground for his cause and never compromised his Integrity. That's why In the new Millennium A.D.O.R. is Banging Rugged Illmatic quality Hip Hop for the People just like he was almost a decade ago, His longevity put's him in a faternity of a select few and His future is shining now more then ever!??

Tru Reign is in a good position & ready to take A.D.O.R. back to the top as A.D.O.R. continues his success with the release of 2 new albums Classic Bangerz Volume 1. a compilation of brand new records with all of his hits and exclusive songs to this album & Signature of The ill All new studio album destined for greatness. A.D.O.R. is one of a kind. An artist that will forever shine. " Blessed by the Blessing to Learn the Hard Lesson "

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I just remembered that I did a write up about it in a magazine down here.
A.D.O.R.
The Concrete (1994)
By Jaz
:Published Back 2 Basics Magazine March 2006:

A.D.O.R.(Another Definition of Real) was born Eddie Castellanos and could have done reasonably big things as his name was on everyoneג€™s turntables, radio show and mixtapes because of the classic Pete Rock produced ג€˜Let It All Hang Outג€™ (1992).

A.D.O.R. was another skilled M.C. hailing from ג€œmoney-earninג€ Mount Vernon and had all of the right connections (ex- classmates) Heavy-D, Pete Rock and Puffy (Diddy) who was running Uptown records at the time, heard some demos and pushed for him to get a major label deal, he did and was promptly signed to Atlantic recordings and DJ Eddie F of Heavy D & the Boyz signed him to a production and management deal with Untouchables Entertainment.

A.D.O.R. went into the studio and completed the fat album The Concrete with producers K-Def & Marley Marl, Pete Rock, Diamond D, Trackmasters, Spunk Bigga, Amen Ra and others, the second single ג€˜One For The Troubleג€™ became an underground hit and was later sampled by Fatboy Slim for his remix of Wildchildג€™s ג€™Renegade Masterג€™ in 1997 which was a massive hit around the World.

After A.D.O.Rג€™s production and management deals collapsed, Atlantic recordings decided to shelve his debut album, The Concrete which was supposed to see a 1995 release (there were limited promos given to DJג€™s and industry people though) and dropped him off their roster.

A.D.O.R. was disappointed but didnג€™t let it effect him and by 1996 he owned his own label Tru Reign Records and had another underground hit with the Pete Rock produced ג€˜Enter The Centerג€™ in 1997, followed shortly by his official first album release, Shock Therapy in 1998 which contained 3 tracks that were originally recorded for The Concrete album.

Tru Reign records also released a compilation album titled Classic Bangerz Volume One in 2003 and included 6 tracks from The Concrete album, so parts of the album are out there, itג€™s just that if the original album had been released while his buzz was still fresh things would have been a lot different for A.D.O.R. as it was just a perfect example of mid-nineties east coast Hip Hop and used a lot of great breaks and samples the last album he released was Signature of The Ill in 2005.

marinville

Post by marinville »

thanks jaz. I've never even heard of this record before, but so far it sounds SICK. appreciate it.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

I've had the reissued version for awhile, slightly different tracklisting and a different name, but I can't remember off hand the title of it for whatever reason. Anyway, this kid got crazy beats back in the day and had a good flow... his voice leaves a little to be desired, but in general these tracks are dope. People who haven't heard this should definitely check it.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kracker

Post by kracker »

Thanks man. Great shit.

B. Ware tha Siniq

http://product.half.ebay.com/Shock-Freq ... prZ3316106

Shock Frequency that's the one I've got. Here's the tracklisting, you can get it for a couple bucks from Half.com... link above.

Track Listing
1. Penetration, The
2. Rush, The
3. Shock To Bliss
4. Kid Is Crazy, The
5. Freestyle Fanatic
6. Shock Frequency
7. Bio Rhythm
8. Let It All Hang Out
9. Ruthless Confrontation
10. Enter The Center
11. Ill Thoughts
12. MC Chronicles
13. One For The Trouble
14. Words, The
15. From The Concrete
16. Enter The Center - (Bonbonzee)

Looks like there are more discrepancies in the tracklistings than I remembered, so thanks for the up Jaz, I'll check the OG. If anybody hasn't heard the Shock Frequency version of the album though "The Rush" is :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UsualSuspekt

Post by UsualSuspekt »

Holy shit! I had no idea this is where FatBoy Slim sampled some of his shit from.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

Yeah, I have Shock Frequency as well. Definitely still want this one though.

Anyone ever heard of Animal 2000 or Signature Of the Ill? I believe they are two other albums he had. Or are they bootlegs as well?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i am a half.com whore

Your Order Has Been Placed - Thank you!

Within the next 2 hours, a confirmation of your order will be sent via e-mail and the order will appear in the purchases section of my account.
Shock Frequency : A.D.O.R. (CD, 1998)

Seller: pieceofmindbooks (31747) Ships from: Hudson, MA

Condition: Like New Notes: Fantastic customer service. All orders shipped within 24 hours upon receipt. Best packaging on Half. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Our goal is your Peace of Mind...

Price: $1.39

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

I bought an original cd of "The Concrete" on ebay some time ago. A.D.O.R. used one photo of the inlay for the cover of his latest album "Signature of the ill". There are also some other explanations for the meaning of A.D.O.R. in the booklet:

A Definition Of Real
Another Dimension Of Rhythm
Against Discrimination Of Race
A Deliquent Out Representin'

It is definitely his best album...

B. Ware tha Siniq

Philaflava wrote:i am a half.com whore
join the club, I probably spend more money on that site than the rest of the stores I go to combined, but when you can get like 4 used cds for the price of one new one it's worth it.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:I've had the reissued version for awhile, slightly different tracklisting and a different name, but I can't remember off hand the title of it for whatever reason. Anyway, this kid got crazy beats back in the day and had a good flow... his voice leaves a little to be desired, but in general these tracks are dope. People who haven't heard this should definitely check it.
I think his voice is ill, each to their own though b.

:grin:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Jaz wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:I've had the reissued version for awhile, slightly different tracklisting and a different name, but I can't remember off hand the title of it for whatever reason. Anyway, this kid got crazy beats back in the day and had a good flow... his voice leaves a little to be desired, but in general these tracks are dope. People who haven't heard this should definitely check it.

just a little too high-pitched for me sometimes, but I have a low tolerance for high-pitched rap.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Animal 2000 and Signature of the Ill are both official albums...

I think that Animal came out after the Concrete was supposed to (if that makes sense) and Signature of the Ill is the most recent album... maybe a year or two ago?

The most recent one isn't that good, IMO, although I only listened once and that was when it first came out.

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

The Concrete 1994
Shock Frequency 1998
Animal 2000 2000
Classic Bangerz Volume 1 2004
Signature of the Ill 2006

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Jaz wrote:

just a little too high-pitched for me sometimes, but I have a low tolerance for high-pitched rap.
word, that's how I could never understand how heads could sit through whole Eminem albums, that whiny voice is grating to me.

But for the most horrible voice in rap history has to be this dude, it's a shame because the beats were dope on that album, this dude ruined the shit with that gimmicky voice.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=XHvFJtPQKy4

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

ahhahaha im dying in laughter at that backyard rangers link jaz.