DJ MIKE SMOOTH & SHORTY LONG - THE SOUTH BOOGIE EP One L

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

bmore21225

DJ MIKE SMOOTH & SHORTY LONG - THE SOUTH BOOGIE EP One L

Post by bmore21225 »

This is the next release on One Leg Up Records. There are going to be 7 cuts on it.
SIDE A:
01. "Purple Rain" *
02. "Ain't Nuthin' New Under The Sun (feat. Harry-O and John Doe)" *
03. "Say My Name" **

- SIDE B:
01. "Be Alright" ***
02. "What's Criminal?" *
03. "South Boogie" *+
04. "Crime and Corruption (feat. Moet, West and Firehead

* produced by Ahmed
** produced by Show
*+ produced by DJ Mike Smooth
*** produced by Buckwild

These are the cuts now the question to all you heads out there has anyone heard these and if you have whats the word on them. I am curious to know how these sound as I cant get to any sites where I an at to listen to them.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

SNIPPETS of all 7 tracks on the EP can be heard here:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/194391935ba4fb21/

DETAILS & PAYMENT INFORMATION:

- Pre-orders are being taken NOW. Get your order in and reserve your wax.
- Limited to only 200 copies, this collector's EP will not be repressed. Once they're gone, they're gone!
- The EP comes in a standard black jacket with black & white sticker at top.
- Price is 80.00 USD plus shipping & handling fees.

Price per copy is $80.00
REGULAR SHIPPING (no insurance/tracking)
For shipping without insurance or tracking provided, please add:

$7.00 - USA [USPS Priority Mail 2-3 days]
$8.00 - CANADA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]
$14.50 - UK & EUROPE [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]
$17.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]

Add $2.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.

EXPRESS SHIPPING (with insurance/tracking)
For shipping that includes insurance and tracking details, please add:

$20.00 - USA [USPS Express Mail next day]
$25.00 - CANADA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]
$32.00 - UK & EUROPE [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]
$30.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]

Add $3.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

Yeah I know the 80 dollars is kind of high but vinyl heads like myself will buy this and yea I placed an order all ready. You either buy it dont buy it thats the way I look at it. I can go back to 94 and remember buying bootleg records. It seemed like if I did not get that record I might never see it again and I payed back then the most for a record maybe 30 dollars. So when something like this that comes along that you might never see again on vinyl and there is only 200 issued same as in 94 its something that I got to have just like my 6 dollar new 12 inch that Primo produces. I guess buying records is like an addiction for some people. I mean when you have been buying records since 1982 it never gets old. I dont DJ anymore but I still collect vinyl.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

We're in a recession. Your tax dollars (well not you, you are in Iraq on duty) but most of us are about to be used to give the CEO of WAMU a nice pay day and bail out most of these companies. I think I'll hold on to my $80 and download the mp3s. I still buy vinyl, actually this past week in NY I spent about $120 on vinyl but I also got about 18 pieces not 1 for $80.

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

oh shit.I only heard 2 Shorty Long tracks[Shortyz Doin His Own Thang and You Know It's Good Baby] but this sounds dope.
Last edited by Lyrical Gymnastics on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

skater4041

Post by skater4041 »

I love that Buckwild Beat, I'm always looking for anything he touches

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

oh shit, that's Shorty Long that was down with DITC!

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

I miss the good old days of going to buy records taking the trips out to NYC to hit up Fat Beats,Music Factory and Beat Street. I even had a chance to go to the old Fat Beats store that was in the basement. Nothing like going in to a place that sells vinyl and spending time in there going thru the store and even if you find one record and you spend 1 hour you still feel like your time was worth being there. The only good store that they got close to me when I am home in Baltimore is in DC DJ Hut and the one in Baltimore at Fells Point cant remember the name. Most of my shoping is done online at Fat Beats,Underground hip hop,Sandbox,Fat City records. Thank god for the internet.

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

Yeah Buckwild is also one of my favorite producers and your right anything he touches usually is pretty good.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

This will show up here eventually :gyeah:

Verge

Post by Verge »

bmore21225 wrote:I miss the good old days of going to buy records taking the trips out to NYC to hit up Fat Beats,Music Factory and Beat Street. I even had a chance to go to the old Fat Beats store that was in the basement. Nothing like going in to a place that sells vinyl and spending time in there going thru the store and even if you find one record and you spend 1 hour you still feel like your time was worth being there.
You're not alone with that. The old Fat Beats was the shit.It was boney as hell,but everything in there was good. I copped so much shit there that's now considered rare or classic.From the Jemini e.p. to the original Fondle 'Em releases to the Half a Mill 12" to the white label Rakim e.p. It was just too good to be true. I would walk in with 100$ every other week,and still not be fulfilled when I walked out because I missed so much shit.
I fully appreciate being born into that era.Seeing the Juggaknots and the Arsonists perform in that small ass store is another memory I'm glad I haven't smoked away,yet.The store was so illegally overcrowded it was ridiculous.They still ripped it,though.Good Times!!
And I agree,there's nothing like diggin' for hours and uncovering an unknown gem.But,nowadays,I just don't have the time or money for it.
Thank God for the internet and especially TROY
Oh yea,those snippets sound pretty ill. The 1st 2 beats and I think the 4th are right up my alley NO HOMO :lol:

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

god damn it , never thought i would hear more stuff from Shorty Long.big up One Leg Up Records.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

oh shit.. this'll be dope as fuck

... internet.

Underground_gems

Post by Underground_gems »

perhaps im not the first one to ask this:

but why has ONE LEG UP decided to only make 5 releases and then fold??!
surely it isnt because of not having enough material cuz these dudes seem crazy connected. anyone know, are they coming back with more jewelz and just playing us or something?? wouldnt they want to continue a good thing like this.?

whats up with this???
Last edited by Underground_gems on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

I was thinking the same thing, I mean there making good money from this why quit a good thing.

soulcondor

Post by soulcondor »

maybe dude is pissed of with his dope releases appearing on so many forums as mp3's afew days after they come out ?

nice 1

Del
soul condor is down with us , makin funky music is a must im # 1

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

He might be. No matter what ends up on vinyl always ends up on MP3 format. I know he will sell all vinyl releases of this and the same with Vol 5 when it comes out. If I was an artist from the early 90s I would be going to these guys and trying to make a buck myself. Can you imagine how much stuff thats out there by some of these artists. Just like stuff that Primo has produced and also Pete Rock. See Primo is smart got his record label doing his thing. There is a hunger for unreleased stuff from the 90s that needs to be put out on vinyl. I see Soundtable records doing there thing also wonder how much the artists get from them. Wonder if Finesse or Rakim made a dime from those releases.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

They make close to 30-40K on each release. The downloading isn't hurting their sales.

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

30-40k? On their blog it says the records are limited to 200 copies. The records are 80 bucks and there's 200 of each, that only equals $16,000 maximum total. If they're paying the artists whatever amount, I'm not sure how much of that is actually profit.

On another note, does anyone have the link for the Herb McGruff? Can someone please re-up? Thanks.

Verge

Post by Verge »

rapgame wrote: does anyone have the link for the Herb McGruff? Can someone please re-up? Thanks.
http://www.zshare.net/download/19605505a93bc49c/

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Jaz wrote:This will show up here eventually :gyeah:
If I had the money I might... imo the releases on One Leg Up have been amazing thus far.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

rapgame wrote:30-40k? On their blog it says the records are limited to 200 copies. The records are 80 bucks and there's 200 of each, that only equals $16,000 maximum total. If they're paying the artists whatever amount, I'm not sure how much of that is actually profit.

On another note, does anyone have the link for the Herb McGruff? Can someone please re-up? Thanks.
Weren't the previous vinyls 500 copies?

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

They've all been limited to 200 so far, and I believe it's for real because they announce the releases as sold out/unavailable shortly after their sale announcement. I've only seen one of their releases pop up on eBay so far, so it doesn't seem that there's a heapload of those things out there.

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

Verge wrote:
rapgame wrote: does anyone have the link for the Herb McGruff? Can someone please re-up? Thanks.
http://www.zshare.net/download/19605505a93bc49c/
PROPS! Thanks again... needed this.

bmore21225

Post by bmore21225 »

You get an email from them as soon as they release a new volume and you need to jump on it as fast as you can because if you dont then your SOL. That same email goes out to all that have bought something from them in the past from what I have been told also. I cant wait to see whos on Vol 5 the last one.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah Iג€™m looking forward to hearing both the "new" beats and rhymes. Hereג€™s Shortyג€™z Doinג€™ His Own Thang, Letג€™s Get At It (and the instrumental).

http://sharebee.com/6ad01415

And Iג€™m still looking for copies of You Know Itג€™s Good Baby and My Peoplez (plus any additional tracks or instrumentals that may be floating around).

Verge

Post by Verge »

Props^^^

Zodiak Illa

Post by Zodiak Illa »

There is no reason for them to charge 20 for domestic shipping with insurance and tracking, thru USPS at least....
maybe if it was FedEx or UPS...
USPS sucks a fat dick...
if they are pulling 40 g's off each release theres no reason they should not have an account with FedEx
but as someone who's sold plenty and dealt with shipping issues, this would be covered by the $7 they charge for non insured 4-7 day....
$2 covers insurance for items up to $500
these artists don't get much for what they put into it either... who's fuckin who?