Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave" Demo(No Download

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Thun

Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave" Demo(No Download

Post by Thun »

From Unkut: http://www.unkut.com/2008/12/showbiz-ag ... -demos-lp/

There have been an almost overwhelming number of special vinyl releases of unreleased tracks and demos this past year, but this one really got my attention - different versions of early Showbiz & AG tracks, unreleased instrumentals and a never before heard cut produced by Diamond D! Considering that Runaway Slave is one of the best examples of Bronx beat science ever made, this is major.

Showbiz & A.G. ג€“ Broken Chains: Soul Clap & Runaway Slave Unreleased, 1990-1992 tracklisting:

1. Instrumental 1
2. Digginג€™ In The Crates OG Version, 1990
3. Instrumental 2
4. Instrumental 3
5. To Each His Own (More Than One Way Out Of The Ghetto OG), 1991
6. Instrumental 4
7. Instrumental 5
8. Hard To Kill OG Version
9. Instrumental 6
10. Iג€™m Convinced (Previously unreleased, produced by Diamond D)
11. Instrumental 7
12. Untitled feat D. Flow & Party Arty (Bonus Cut, previously unreleased)

Limited to a pressing of 500 copies, this 2xLP is $100 plus shipping ($7 within the U.S. and $15 to Europe). Direct all inquiries and make all Paypal payments here.
Last edited by Thun on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

^There's a flash player of snippets on the actual blog post.

admiral

Post by admiral »

goddamn!

philbluntsmoker

Post by philbluntsmoker »

fuck that's ill. love love love hard to kill off the runaway and am salivating at the thought of hearing another version.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

unkut is putting this out?

i'm surprised, they always seemed like the types of people that would hate on these super expensive limited vinyls

snippets sound great though
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

Dooope. Can't wait.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Snippets (320 CBR): http://sharebee.com/6464aa70

slangteacher

Post by slangteacher »

All these over priced 'rare' and 'limited' releases are just taking the piss out of the heads that are fiending to get their hands on the music,shit's immoral in my opinion.There's no possible way on god'e earth the price's these people are charging can be justified

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

$100 plus shipping :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :roll:

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

The price is pretty much the main reason why this will end up in our nice little board

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

gwanwitchu

Post by gwanwitchu »

slangteacher wrote:All these over priced 'rare' and 'limited' releases are just taking the piss out of the heads that are fiending to get their hands on the music,shit's immoral in my opinion.There's no possible way on god'e earth the price's these people are charging can be justified
amen. unless show & a are getting 50 each.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

:spidey:

godmc

Post by godmc »

well, here's another high priced release:

Ever wonder what itג€™d be like to be granted unlimited access to the highly guarded vaults of unreleased material from one of the greatest producers hip-hop has ever known? Now, what if that producer allowed you to pick any five cuts to release on wax? Can you imagine what youג€™d come up with?

Weג€™re offering you the opportunity to find out.

http://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.p ... image/jpeg

http://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.p ... image/jpeg

DWG004: ג€œThe Juice Crew EPג€

Mastered directly from Marley Marlג€™s original reels recorded between 1986 and 1989, ג€œThe Juice Crewג€ EP represents the pinnacle of unreleased hip-hop music. You may recognize some of the songs as those of urban legend and lore. Others you may be reading about for the first time. One thing they all share in common ג€“ each just might be among the greatest tracks ever recorded by these artists. And these are not words spoken lightly. Itג€™s not an attempt to ג€œsell the productג€. Judge for yourself. The music found on this wax really IS that good!

PEEP THE SNIPPETS!

Take Tragedy's (Super Kids) "Stunt of the Block", for instance. Recorded during the same time period Marley spit out "Eric B Is President", "The Bridge", and Biz's "Make the Music...", it's a wonder why this classic never dropped on NIA. It doesn't take long before you hear THAT sound... "Eric B Is Pres" and "The Bridge" are ALL OVER IT!

ג€œWhy do they all sound similar,ג€ you ask? Marley was working with a defective sampler at the time. If he unplugged the machine, he would have lost all the sounds so he left it on for an entire week to be able to record all of the cuts. "Stunt of the Block" was the only song recorded during that time that no one has heard... Until now... And weג€™re sure youג€™ll agree it more than holds its own with its legendary siblings.

Others cuts on the EP represent the pinnacle of what the Juice Crew had to offer. Kool G Rap's "I Declare War" and "Enter The Dragon" were both recorded for "Road to the Riches", but somehow neither found its way onto the full-length. During a listening session for DWG004, Marley exclaimed "I Declare War" was "iller than 'It's A Demo'". Heג€™s not lying.

Then there's Big Daddy Kane's "For Your Own Concern". Stretch Armstrong posted a radio rip of this cut on his blog over a year ago, turning many an ageing b-boy into incoherent babbling fools. Recorded in '87 between "Get Into It" and "Raw", it's another classic that Marley graciously shared with us for this release. How it never made the ג€œLong Live the Kaneג€ LP is a mystery.

And finally, there's Craig G's "Drop a Bomb on 'Em" recorded in '89 for his first LP, "The Kingpin". Peep Mr. Magic on the intro referring to Craig as "the newest member of the Juice Crew". In the second verse, Craig spits, "A lot of feelings got hurt when I made 'Duck Alert' / But the suckers didn't really know if I could do work". Listen for yourself and tell us what you think! The Jackson Sisters sample only adds icing on the proverbial cake.

You want ג€œholy grailג€ type music? Been looking for a reason to break out your Kangol and Cazals to wear with your dookie ropes? Look no further.

PRICING AND ORDERING INFORMATION

ג€œThe Juice Crew EPג€ is a limited edition vinyl pressing of 350 copies. The wax will come in four colors:

Red ג€“ 75 copies
Blue ג€“ 75 copies
Clear ג€“ 75 copies (may be a different color)
Black ג€“ 125 copies

Please note that we will fill orders with the colored vinyl first. In hopes of being fair to all customers, colors will be picked at random. If you order multiple copies, one will be black. We will do our best to fill the remainder of your order with different colors while supplies last.

You can secure your copy of ג€œThe Juice Crew EPג€ by forwarding Paypal payment to the following e-mail address:

juicecrew@diggerswithgratitude.com

Prices are as follows:

ג€œThe Juice Crew EPג€- $80 per copy ($160 for two, $240 for three)

ג€œThe Juice Crew EPג€ full set (four records ג€“ different colors) -- $300

As is usual for all DWG releases, prices include free worldwide shipping (first class UK, airmail overseas). If you would like to add insurance, please drop us an email and we will let you know the cost.

We anticipate shipping the week of December 15th, 2009.

If you have any questions please e-mail juicecrew@diggerswithgratitude.com

DWG -- Going back in history to make history.

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

Jaz wrote:$100 plus shipping :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :roll:
Come on тhat price is nothing for this release, should be much more:)

Here ya go thoroughly details:

Shipping January 2009

Freestyle Records is pleased to announce our new collector's only vinyl release:

Showbiz & A.G. ג€“ Broken Chains: Soul Clap & Runaway Slave Unreleased, 1990-1992

Previously thought lost forever, these masters recently resurfaced and have yielded a treasure trove of unreleased vocal and instrumental tracks from the incredibly fruitful recording sessions leading up to one of the most important Hip Hop albums of all time.

Included in this package are three previously unreleased original versions for songs produced by Showbiz that would eventually become Soul Clap EP and Runaway Slave LP classics but in different forms. Also included, from the same sessions, is a previously unreleased Diamond D production featuring A.G. Finally, rounding out the package, are 7 unreleased instrumental productions by Showbiz from the Runaway Slave sessions. As a special bonus, Freestyle Records has thrown in an untitled cut by D-Flow & Party Arty from 1995 produced by Showbiz.

Due to the importance of this project, Freestyle Records has chosen to release these 12 cuts on a double vinyl format with a picture cover as follows:

Showbiz & A.G. ג€“ Broken Chains: Soul Clap & Runaway Slave Unreleased, 1990-1992
All tracks produced by Showbiz unless otherwise noted

A-Side
1) Instrumental 1, 1991-1992

2) Diggin' In The Crates OG Version, 1990
(The second track ever recorded by Showbiz & A.G. [after Soul Clap]. Different verse from Showbiz, different track with extended piano sample. More energy than released version.)

3) Instrumental 2, 1991-1992

B-Side:
4) Instrumental 3, 1991-1992

5) To Each His Own (More Than One Way Out Of The Ghetto OG), 1991
(Similar lyrics, different track. More melodic, less dark than released version.)

6) Instrumental 4, 1991-1992
(sample later used by Show for You Want It, left unreleased off Goodfellas LP in 1995)

C-Side:
7) Instrumental 5, 1991-1992
(sample later used by The Beatminerz for Smif-N-Wessunג€™s Bucktown in 1994)

8 ) Hard To Kill OG Version, 1991
(Different beat [uses Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 beat {sampled from TV} from Malcolm X intro on released version], different track, no shouted chorus [instead uses scratched in vocal samples {all five from A.G. on Itג€™s Up To You}], one new verse, [first verse of released version is second verse here on OG]. Harder than released version.)

9) Instrumental 6, 1991-1992

D-Side:
10) I'm Convinced, 1992 (Previously unreleased, produced by Diamond D)

11) Instrumental 7, 1991-1992

12) Untitled feat D. Flow & Party Arty, 1995 (Bonus Cut, previously unreleased)

Check the cover here:
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w103 ... _Cover.jpg

And check snippets here:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/23/ ... ippets.MP3

This project is a limited, one-time run of 500 copies pressed. Half of the copies (250) will be sold to Japan where nearly 200 are already spoken for. The remaining 250 will be sold in America and Europe. The cost for the 2xLP is $100 plus shipping. Shipping is $7 within the U.S. and $15 to all parts of Europe. You can direct all inquiries and make all Paypal payments to:

jenniferhandal at hotmail dot com

Peace,
Ed Catto
Freestyle Records

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

wow, how come the new Main Source EP is only 25$? All these releases are 100$:ohsh:.

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

thomasv wrote:wow, how come the new Main Source EP is only 25$? All these releases are 100$:ohsh:.
:lol: How many tracks are in Main Source - 3? So, that it does make any sense right? Showbiz - 12 tracks , and 1 more thing , more people look at around for Showbiz shits than Main Source. :gyeah:

godmc

Post by godmc »

maniak, did you get a chance to listen to that lungbutters joint yet? i'm fiending for that shit. i'm waiting on my copy + the 7". i don't know how much longer i'll be able to wait before die of overanticipation.

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

godmc wrote:maniak, did you get a chance to listen to that lungbutters joint yet? i'm fiending for that shit. i'm waiting on my copy + the 7". i don't know how much longer i'll be able to wait before die of overanticipation.
Sure godmc i`ve had a chance since DWG present them. I also waiting for a copy of that, but i`m gonna buy 1 copy of Showbiz as well i love Showbiz shits.

godmc

Post by godmc »

i hope the rest of the track list is equally as dope as the partial one they showed.

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

Ed Catto is a fucking god!

on a side note.....i rather still email, call and harrass & beg old artists for unreleased material......this takes the fun out of it....plus, i dont have money laying around like that anymore, im too busy making babies
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

yeah Ed Catto is 1 of the best collector ever. Btw soopacee do you know how much cost your "rare" Hak Blast? It`s fuckin 30 bucks mate :lol:, honestly $ 32.50

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

lol@ this same discussion every time. It is what it is. A very few will cop, most will not. But at the end of the day it's gonna get to everyone in some kind of format.
Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:The price is pretty much the main reason why this will end up in our nice little board
And respect to the Fuck The Dumb Crew for that.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

thank you

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:The price is pretty much the main reason why this will end up in our nice little board
Yeah, but you would never support at any price so who gives a fuck. The fact is no one is going to put his out for free and if I could charge less I would. Every version is better than what was released and this shit must be heard.

Gryme Tyme 2009.

Peace,
Ed Catto

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I need to get into this little vinyl game. People are making a mint off just a few hundred records and you Euros are eating this shit up like crack.

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Philaflava wrote:I need to get into this little vinyl game. People are making a mint off just a few hundred records and you Euros are eating this shit up like crack.
Yeah, but how you gonna get Runaway Slave demos?

Peace,
E

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm not talking about selling Show & AG joints. Those are your folks. I'm just saying I need to find somebody with some gems and put them out.

500 copies @ 100 a pop is $5000.00

Figure 500 pieces of wax to press can't be anymore than $1,000. You make the buyer pay for S&H so you walk away with at least $4,000 profit in a matter of days (due to all the pre sales). Even if you gotta give the artists half $2K for just selling 500 pieces is cake.

Probably double that if I fuck with the Japs like you. That's always double the money, double the fun.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Ed_Catto wrote:
Yeah, but you would never support at any price so who gives a fuck. The fact is no one is going to put his out for free and if I could charge less I would. Every version is better than what was released and this shit must be heard.

Gryme Tyme 2009.

Peace,
Ed Catto
Ed, I don't suppose you have a rip of Shadz of Lingo-Mad Flavaz (Remix) do you please?

I can't wait to hear this unreleased Showbwiz and AG, is it vinyl only?

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Philaflava wrote:Probably double that if I fuck with the Japs like you. That's always double the money, double the fun.
The Japanese support this shit. Try making money at this.
Peace,
Ed