vinyl ripping

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

crank that sambo

Post by crank that sambo »

^whats wave volume?

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

in the windows audio controls there is a slider called "wave" dont know why but when u turn it up shit gets disgustingly loud lol (im talkin about bass distorting loud)

In my creative audio console i have sliders for master volume and wave.. i just crank up the master volume and i set wave at like 2% thats enough to have non distorting loud sound

crank that sambo

what program do u use to record vinyl?

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

cool edit pro 2

Verge

Post by Verge »

serch4beatz wrote:cool edit pro 2
This isn't made for Vista yet, is it?

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

its an old software now its known as adobe audition

Verge

Post by Verge »

^lol. Like you already know, I'm a dinosaur. I know not much about computer programs, except I have Vista and can't find a good cheap Editing program for it.

crank that sambo

serch4beatz wrote:its an old software now its known as adobe audition
lol I use that to record...

How u use it as a vinyl recorder? U just switch the recording source to the record player?

crank that sambo

Aight, now I'm at the same point where GodMC was... HOW THE FUCK DO U GET RID OF THE HUM?! Some1 please explain where ur able to turn down the wave volume

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

you have a mixer for sound in windows.. click on the line input you use to record sounds to your pc.. use that slider to make sure your input of the recording is not to loud in your recording program..

if you did it good your rip is fine, and you can normalize it so its louder without the humm..

crank that sambo

bosmann wrote:you have a mixer for sound in windows.. click on the line input you use to record sounds to your pc.. use that slider to make sure your input of the recording is not to loud in your recording program..

if you did it good your rip is fine, and you can normalize it so its louder without the humm..
Oh u mean that shit... yeah I've tried lowering it to like 1 & shit but I still get the hum

godmc

Post by godmc »

crank that sambo wrote:
bosmann wrote:you have a mixer for sound in windows.. click on the line input you use to record sounds to your pc.. use that slider to make sure your input of the recording is not to loud in your recording program..

Oh u mean that shit... yeah I've tried lowering it to like 1 & shit but I still get the hum
what kind of turntable do you have? set your volume all the way up and your wave anywhere from 50% to 60%; once you've done that, check on your table to see if you've got any adjustable knobs. is there a gain knob? you have to turn that up about halfway (more or less).

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

This is unrelated to gawd's issue but pertains to ripping vinyl...

My soundcard isn't being recognized when I try to record using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 or Audacity. I'm operating Vista and downloaded the Vista compatible version of Audacity, I'm unsure if the Cool Edit version I'm using is Vista compatible since it's mad old. I have experience using both programs in the past so I know what I'm doing. Computer was custom-built. Sound plays fine, it's just recording. Any ideas?

This is the error message I get when trying to record via Cool Edit. http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/476/errorb.jpg
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

Guys use Audacity and your life is gonna be easily :lol:

godmc

Post by godmc »

i don't even know where to start with audacity as far as recording goes - i only use it for editing tracks.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

haha thats too easy.. select your input from the turntable in audacity options.. just press "R" to record and Space to stop recording..

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Under Recording Device on Audacity I have no options to select. It's just blank... :killacam:
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

godmc

Post by godmc »

does it have a usb option for input?

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

godmc wrote:does it have a usb option for input?
Yeah it does, you have to take a look at.

godmc

Post by godmc »

i also tried audacity btw, and i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get that shit working. dammit.

i need a tutor. I COULDN'T EVEN FIND AN OPTIONS TAB! i hooked the turntable up, opened audacity, and then was like, "shit," because i didn't know what to do next.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

ctrl+P or under EDIT/PREFERENCES

under the tab- Audio I/O

you have "play" and "record" and you can choose which device/input you want to use to record..

godmc

Post by godmc »

bosmann wrote:ctrl+P or under EDIT/PREFERENCES

under the tab- Audio I/O

you have "play" and "record" and you can choose which device/input you want to use to record..
well, for record - i don't see my turntable there, all i see is sigma tel audio and microsoft sound mapper. do i just start the turntable and hit record or something - i'm lost.

:owens:

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

Connect your Turntable to your PC and play a song.. now go to your windows mixer for record devices.. you see that one input has incoming sound... (for me its the 4- USB Audio Codec)

Stop the turntable, but keep it connected to the pc.. (always connect your turntable first, before going into a record program, otherwise it will not work)

Go to audacity ---> ctrl+P or under EDIT/PREFERENCES --->the tab- Audio I/O "record"...

Now select the line-input that has the incoming sound of your turntable, you just saw in the microsoft mixer.. (4- USB Audio Codec)

Start turntable.. press "R" to record and you see a waveline appearing which is the music from the LP..

if this doesnt work for you.. i really dont know wtf is the problem ghehe

godmc

Post by godmc »

FUCK

ah fuck it, i give up. i got the usb options put into the preferences after i hooked the turntable up, and the the mixer toolbar for line in/mic is all grayed out.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

man i think the usb turntable is being recognised as an extern soundcard
so you should just select it.. cant you post a screencap of the options? "print screen" makes a screencap (and if you press ctrl+alt+printscreen when you selected a window it only captures said window not the whole screen)

godmc

Post by godmc »

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

well there where it says "rec" in the surround mixer you cant choose the usb turntable? i mean you didnt hook it up to the line in jack obviously when you're using an usb cable

godmc

Post by godmc »

nope no option for usb turntable for recording purposes.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

well then throw it away :D really dont know what you could try out now..

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

Someone help ho1ogramz ! and get blessed