Cella Dwellas - Duck Duck Goose

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

kevin beacham

Cella Dwellas - Duck Duck Goose

Post by kevin beacham »

does anyone have their demo before their deal with Loud? I heard about this song called "duck duck goose" way back then (Cage told me about it). It has a guest mc on it, can't remember his name, that Cage said was real ill. He was saying how the Dwellas had their "realm 3" concept and were master of different mystics (wow that felt really nerdy to type...ha) and this guys realm was "robotics"....

For some reason I think about that demo all the time...

I should actually create a whole my most wanted demos thread...98% of which are from source unsigned hype...

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I've been looking for this also, "Jane 94'" was on this also i think (which was just a more rugged version of Perfect match).....

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

I have the jane 94 lying around here somewhere. that was on their lp sampler which is what I have. the duck duck goose isn't on there....

I'll look for that sampler and post it up. might be a minute im in the process of moving and stuff already has got packed up and all that...

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

i know that "return of jane" was released on a loud sampler back in the day but that's all i really know of.

there's this one joint by them, i heard on bazooka joe's hidden treasures mixtape and i'm sure it's from that same era before their debut lp. it's titled "underground prelude" and it's fuckin sick. it only lasted like 20 seconds and then it faded out but i been looking for a full version for years and still nothing.

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

DredScott wrote:it's titled "underground prelude" and it's fuckin sick. it only lasted like 20 seconds and then it faded out but i been looking for a full version for years and still nothing.
Unfortunately, that was the full version! It was more of a U.G. promo-freestyle for their first album. Would've made for an incredible song though
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Underground_gems

Post by Underground_gems »

damn anyway kevin or anybody else could post that Cella Dwellas demo(s) songs?

they sound incredibly dope

i also heard of another one they did. it was more of a freestyle on a DJ Enuff promo pressed in 95 or 1996. havent been able to find it tho, if anyone had either of these and could post it would be much appreciated. thanks

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

DredScott wrote:i know that "return of jane" was released on a loud sampler back in the day but that's all i really know of.

there's this one joint by them, i heard on bazooka joe's hidden treasures mixtape and i'm sure it's from that same era before their debut lp. it's titled "underground prelude" and it's fuckin sick. it only lasted like 20 seconds and then it faded out but i been looking for a full version for years and still nothing.

wasnt that joint on "The Set UP" promo sampler?
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

Verge

Post by Verge »

Roy directed me to this thread. I'm wondering if this was on that demo tape, too-
Verge wrote:Now, I'm wondering if anybody out there got the og demo version of
Medina Style
?
It has the same beat and the same lyrics but some of them are different like instead of,"..or been incarcerated like scarfaces", in the demo he says,"never seen scarface but I scarred many faces." The hook was something like,"I got more glocks and techs then you, we be doin it up crooklyn style".
Also, I swear there was at least 2 versions of "We Got It Hemmed". Maybe one was the demo. I don't know. :roll:

Jigsaw

Re: Cella Dwellas Demo (request)

Post by Jigsaw »

kevin beacham wrote:does anyone have their demo before their deal with Loud? I heard about this song called "duck duck goose" way back then (Cage told me about it). It has a guest mc on it, can't remember his name, that Cage said was real ill. He was saying how the Dwellas had their "realm 3" concept and were master of different mystics (wow that felt really nerdy to type...ha) and this guys realm was "robotics"....
Dudes name was "Germ"

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

Germ feat. Lin Que & Finsta Bundy - It'z Uzelezz (Evil Dee Remix) is off the hook

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

Jigsaw wrote:
kevin beacham wrote:does anyone have their demo before their deal with Loud? I heard about this song called "duck duck goose" way back then (Cage told me about it). It has a guest mc on it, can't remember his name, that Cage said was real ill. He was saying how the Dwellas had their "realm 3" concept and were master of different mystics (wow that felt really nerdy to type...ha) and this guys realm was "robotics"....
Dudes name was "Germ"
that sounds mega familiar.... thanx, another piece to the puzzle

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

This thread is heartbreaking

Somebody please up these...anybody?

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

kevin beacham wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Dudes name was "Germ"
that sounds mega familiar.... thanx, another piece to the puzzle
Dude lived next to UG in the Glenwood Houses. He did some hard drugs and dude lost his mind. Wound up stabbing his girlfriend or some shit and was locked up last I heard. There wont be much info on him. But my opinion. He started that whole "Dungeons and Dragons" mystic style. Ug took the ball and ran with it.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

I really don't think that this Germ (actually Da Germ aka G.E.R.M.) who had that "It's Uzelezz" remix had nothing to do with Cella Dwellas - it must have been some other dude, because THAT G.E.R.M. dude is from Germany and is still around - his group Spiritual Warriors had one album out in 1999 which had one beat by both : Evil Dee and DJ Spinna.
Nothing too special about that album, but at least these 2 tracks are exactly what you should expect by those masters!

Verge

Post by Verge »

I would co-sign this. I don't think that's the same GERM.

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

Also pretty sure it's not the same Germ, but hell that dude worked with Beatminerz and Finsta Bundy and them, wouldn't be a stretch to work with the Dwellas.

Just can't picture that dude rippin' it robot style though.

Good lookin' on the info Jigsaw.

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Not at all the germ that your all talking about. Dude got locked up before anything can pan out. He may have had a different mc name at the time. But we knew him as germ.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Werner Von Wallenrod interviewed UG:

http://wernervonwallenrod.blogspot.com/ ... rview.html

Duck Duck Goose Excerpt:
And did you guys ever record anything like that? I mean, I know there wasn't a record as Realm 3, but did you ever record demos, orג€¦?

Well, what happened is the first record we had recorded was "Duck, Duck, Goose." That was the first time that all three of us had recorded. And as we recorded the record and laid it downג€¦ throughout the process of recording the album, we offered the third member some money. We were like, "yo, let's do this. Let's get you on a record; let's get you some money." He was like, "nah, nah, I'll just do it for free;" we were like, "nah, let's get you some money."

You know, so we got him some money. And that's when my partner got Busta to manage him and put him down with Flipmode. We were like, "yo, you need your own situation. We're close with Bus; why don't you go over there?" Because prior to that I had got him signed to Hit Squad, and whatever happened, the situation between him and them got messed up.

Then, when he got signed to Flipmode, after he got done recording the verse for the album, I guess he had a talk with Busta. After that, he came back to me and Phantasm and said, "Busta said I should get some more money." And we were just saying to ourselves, "you wanted to do it for free at first!" We told him, "we got you some money, now towards the end of the album, you're down with Flipmode and Busta told you that you need some more money, you come over here." So we clipped that song from the album. That song was never released. But I have it.

Man, I'd love to hear that. It would be great if you could put that out somehowג€¦

Well, what I'ma doג€¦ I've got a bunch of Dwella songs that never got released, so I'm trying to put that together right now.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

:ohsh: thanks roy, very informative.....and sounds a lil like busta might have instigated that.....

harbourmc

Post by harbourmc »

wow, nice find roy

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

now I know who to blame for me never hearing that song....busta...ha.

Verge

Post by Verge »

With the Nick Wiz connection to both parties, I'm thinking this will be a "No Sleep" release, hopefully this year.
Great interview.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

man busta really fucked lord have mercy over. after reading about the drama between them i'm surprised lord didn't knuckle trevor down...or did he?

:killacam: :copy: :killacam:

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

i hope u.g gets that comp. together, would be hella dope

FatFaceFreddy

Post by FatFaceFreddy »

was this ever upped?

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Sadly, no.

Verge

Post by Verge »

No, the demo isn't here yet, sorry.

I believe this is a Stretch Armstrong remix of 'I Got It Hemmed'.
I separated from a Bobbito tape I had in my computer for a while.
Not positive where the tape came from. Obviously not gonna be the greatest quality.
Cella Dwellas - We Got It Hemmed Remix
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7265826-0d9" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7265826-0d9" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
http://www.divshare.com/download/7265826-0d9

JustDuWitt

Post by JustDuWitt »

thats dope verge, props

Verge

Post by Verge »

Sorry, but this thread had to be bumped.
Still no word on the demo tape, I'm guessing?

kotep

Post by kotep »

fuck busta....dude hasnt done anything dope in yeaaaars
and it seems he loves to instigate....

more than a little money hungry