Tragedy-Judas Theory

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

sajr

Tragedy-Judas Theory

Post by sajr »

Check the link all y'all QB fans. Can anyone tell me why exactly Tragedy was so angry at CNN ?
http://hiphopandbreakz.blogspot.com/200 ... judas.html

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

i dont think it was against capone, just nore. idk what the beef was about but
Not really too sure why Trag wrote this or where Mobb Deep fit into the whole picture but I'm sure they weren't the voice of reason telling Tragedy to give CNN a call and squash the simmering beef. They're not exactly the people you would get in to mediate between two warring parties are they? (Anyone remember the original version of Drop a Gem on em?).
whats this about? diff lyrics?
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0DslR0grbw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

sajr

Post by sajr »

somebody cool wrote:i dont think it was against capone, just nore. idk what the beef was about but
Not really too sure why Trag wrote this or where Mobb Deep fit into the whole picture but I'm sure they weren't the voice of reason telling Tragedy to give CNN a call and squash the simmering beef. They're not exactly the people you would get in to mediate between two warring parties are they? (Anyone remember the original version of Drop a Gem on em?).
No the original version had an intro with them torturing a Tupac character, kinda lame actually.

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

sajr wrote:
somebody cool wrote:i dont think it was against capone, just nore. idk what the beef was about but
No the original version had an intro with them torturing a Tupac character, kinda lame actually.
what mixtape is that on?

nm

"SAJR said...

The original verwsion of Drop a grem on em was a promo only release"

sajr

Post by sajr »

At the time it was released on promo only and it was going for

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I have forgotten. was it Tragedy in the picture that CNN labeled as a traitor in the CD cover inlay of The War Report album?

step one

Post by step one »

Jaz wrote:I have forgotten. was it Tragedy in the picture that CNN labeled as a traitor in the CD cover inlay of The War Report album?
yeah I think so. it was a silhouette or something though wasnt it?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

step one wrote:
Jaz wrote:I have forgotten. was it Tragedy in the picture that CNN labeled as a traitor in the CD cover inlay of The War Report album?
yeah and it had like cut out lines around it.

PTS

Post by PTS »

Jaz wrote:
step one wrote:
I don't think it was Trag. If I remember, it was supposedly the man who snitched on Capone and sent him to prison before the album's release.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

PTS wrote:
Jaz wrote:
step one wrote:
I don't think it was Trag. If I remember, it was supposedly the man who snitched on Capone and sent him to prison before the album's release.
That would make a lot of sense.

sajr

Post by sajr »

Jaz wrote:
PTS wrote:
Jaz wrote:
step one wrote:
That would make a lot of sense.
For real cause they were still cool when the War Report dropped. Damn I love mid nineties hip hop beef trivia.

boogs

Post by boogs »

word, I read an interview with Nore or Tragedy some time ago and The Judas Theory is supposedly about the guy who snitched on Capone. Love The War Report album. It's a shame that they fell so hard with The Reunion

BIG NASTY

Post by BIG NASTY »

sajr wrote:
someone hook it up!