post a random picture of your lp/tape/cd collection

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

amoebas fucking rules............well if you find anymore shoot me one my way, cuz theres no telling when the next time imma be in LA...................DAMn, now im homesick

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

anyone wanna see a picture of my dick......cuz its hard right now haha
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

abstractq

Post by abstractq »

alot of you dudes collections are killin mine. . .alot of dope shit up in here

i got 2 cd towers full of CDs and a few boxes of tapes, but i love my fuckin vinyl

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

love the crates look!

Howfresh

Post by Howfresh »

Some dope shit here. Phila and grass- those setups are really clean- really clean. That Big L plaque is crazy. If I wasn't such a slob. Knowbody- unbelievable.

This is what I'm working with now. My boy and I built the shelves- mad time spent in Home Depot getting the proper cuts. Heavy as shit, but dope- had to move these twice. Made sure there were slots for the dvr, dvd, cd burner and any other electronics. 2"x4"s in the back of each shelf serving as an end. The one standing was originally horizontal but in the new crib there was no space so I had to improvise- just added some L-brackets to each shelf and voila. I got a couple more shelves opposite the tables and crates in the kitchen. The mess in front of the tv is a bunch of shit I'm clearing out. I really hate records. Hip hop records are alphabetical- and as was mentioned earlier it really is a hassle when you get new records and have to adjust accordingly. But at least I usually know where everything is.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

Dope collection, man.

I spot Young Jeezy's Thug Motivation 101 in that pile. Haha.. I like the LP tho.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

how fresh really nice. i have the exact ditc stickers on my metal crate as well. were you a college dj by any chance? i see a lot of promos in the pics.

Howfresh

Post by Howfresh »

I had to throw that Jeezy in to show my anti-elitist nature. Especially after reading that locked VA post. Nah- but seriously that's part of the "to-go" pile. Unfortunately Jeezy didn't make the cut. I've been lugging records around for years and I can't do it anymore.

Not a college DJ but used to work in the industry for several years so I came across some promos. I also lucked out with finding some people unloading mean collections with the ill promos.

I used to horde stickers. I know I have them in a box somewhere.

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

where are yall gettin them album covers framed on your walls?

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

itzmurda wrote:where are yall gettin them album covers framed on your walls?
it was stated previously.....they did it themselves.....you can buy the frames and just put the covers in them
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Philaflava wrote:
Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote: wow, that is f'in dope. Those blown-up framed covers of classic albums are ill. Wish my room looked like that. Real recognize real
Thanks! But those are actually vinyl covers, they aren't blown up. You can buy frames like that online or if you're in the U.S. at Michaels, Bed Bath & Beyond or even Urban Outfitters. Anyone can do what I did.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Howfresh, did you work at MCA mixshow?

dark0

Post by dark0 »

I have some hip-hop records, but I mainly collect funk, soul and jazz

Here are some pictures of my prized LPs though

Robert42jh

Post by Robert42jh »

Im gonna be honest and say most of the stuff i have is random CD-R discs all scattered all over the place - i have a few rare cds (signed discs..etc) but most of my music is MP3 i have roughtly 2 Terrabytes of music - I believe - according to my last check in January.

I do have some Vinyls and other rare stuff but my favourite rare album/vinyl is.....

Palace of the pretender by the Last Emperor

I wish i had Philaflavas collection tho - that shit looked crazy!

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Image.

This is when I was moving into my new place. I still had a bunch of crates in the kitchen and still in boxes. I still have 4 boxes packed up of random shit. I will try to post newer ones later.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

dark0 wrote:I have some hip-hop records, but I mainly collect funk, soul and jazz

you got some good shit homie. Is that a og copy of Hells Belles and Stark Reality?

You got that fire homie. Lot of good records in there.

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

CRASH DDZ wrote:mORE INFO ON NOBODY'S SHELVES.

Where'd those come from ?!?
just like kimani said, I posted it earlier here, those shelves are from the swedish furniture shop IKEA. I got 24 of them right now and I need new ones since all of them are filled up with CD's...
thomasv wrote:
Cantin wrote:
thomasv wrote:^ my brother sold one promo copy of that coup cd yesterday. I had it in the phlea market.

a few advance promo copies came out with the WTC cover before the release date.

i fucking bid on that shit and got outbid....ofcourse i stopped at $35 dollars...i think it went for 46???.............still looking for one....let me know if you wnat to sell it thomasv
it went for $54... my brother luckily found 3 copies of it a while back at Amoeba in Hollywood.

He has already sold both copies and he's keeping the last one for his collection. sorry :gyeah:
I saw this CD go up for a lot more on ebay, somebody used to sell it for 299 $ on ebay.com as far as I remember. These CD's definitely exist as promo copies that got sent around before 9/11.

dark0

Post by dark0 »

Random Sample wrote:
dark0 wrote:I have some hip-hop records, but I mainly collect funk, soul and jazz

you got some good shit homie. Is that a og copy of Hells Belles and Stark Reality?

You got that fire homie. Lot of good records in there.
Yeah, all original pressings.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Knowbody wrote:
CRASH DDZ wrote:mORE INFO ON NOBODY'S SHELVES.

Where'd those come from ?!?
just like kimani said, I posted it earlier here, those shelves are from the swedish furniture shop IKEA. I got 24 of them right now and I need new ones since all of them are filled up with CD's...
they're dope.

Hey Random, that shelf is IKEA too no ?

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

yea it is.. i got one too here

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

Great collections folks

All of my cd's are in folders, and I don't have many tapes.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo32 ... 9_1228.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo32 ... titled.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo32 ... itled2.jpg

The pictures suck but fuck it I don't own a cellphone nor a digital camera.

Last edited by Da Publisher on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boogs

Post by boogs »

bit messed up right now. need to clean up a bit...
underground hip hop stuff
club playable hip hop (first two shelves), big beat/breaks, funk and downtempo records
dubstep and a couple 7"es
there's also a couple scratch records and some metal records in between. cds are in the bedroom
Last edited by boogs on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

big up for rane owners :P haha

boogs

Post by boogs »

word up serch :P

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

heres some of my cd collection

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

^^ Nice CD Collection, Philaflava! :cheers:

Here's some of my brother's rare cds:

for full collection, check out his cd database on discogs: http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=VincentVisee

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

I bought that Coup cd from Fool Blown JUST before they shut down (I thought I heard they left a bunch of people hanging with orders then too)

What's a good AFFORDABLE way to house all these cds; when I moved I basicaly pared the cds down to the 'essential' and put them in about 6 cheap plastic towers of 50-100 each or whatever, and put the other 1500 or 2000 or whatever in boxes at my parents'. Whenever I buy a house I'd like to do up a decent music room with shelves. Maybe just regular-ass wooden shelves on the wall, spaced properly - that would be the cheap way to do it.

Verge

Post by Verge »

My collection and place is a mess right now for reasons I can't get into.
I'm also about to relocate within the next month or two, so hopefully I'll be able to hook my shit up right.

Sorry for the quality of my wall pic. The records are all in plastic sleeves so I can easily change them when I want.
Top row, from left to right: Professor Griff And The Asiatic Disciples - Pawns In The Game, Public Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours, Showbiz & A.G. - Party Groove/Soul Clap , Brand Nubian - Wake Up, Pete Rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y. , Shabazz The Disciple - Crime Saga

Center Row , left to right: Marvin Gaye - Troubleman OST, Joe Simon - Cleopatra Jones OST, Kool & The Gang - Good Times, Big Cheese Presents - The Meltdown

Bottom Row: Junior Parker - Love Ain't Nothin' But A Business Goin' On, Del Jones' - Positive Vibes

And of course my centerpiece- Cyclops 4000 poster

This is only what I've accumulated since 2006. I lost entire collections 4 times previously. But, no time to cry over that.

I also have about another 6-7 crates I forgot to photo on the other side of my living room. Mostly all of my CD's are in books.
All but about 10 of my cassettes are probably sitting in a pawn shop in Tucson Arizona. That was 1999. Before that in 1996, my crazy cracked out step-moms threw out and sold my entire cassette and vinyl collection #1.

Peep the 'Caddyshack' VHS on the second to last pic. :gyeah:

Verge

Post by Verge »

I definitely give you guys props on how orderly your collections are.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Damn I gotta steal some of your shit.