Lord Finesse & Freestyle Professors - Confuse A Few PREO

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

godmc

Post by godmc »

Thun wrote:With all due respect, godmc is the type of kid who probably has Freestyle Professor bedsheets and your label's number on speed dial.

Most people would not be able to find info on you on the web without this site. Google if you don't believe me.

:rofl:

next time i'll be sure not to disagree with you, for fear that you may throw a witty and hilarious insult at me. maybe with the show & a.g. record, it may be a little bit difficult to find information on who's behind it. but anyone who's on the internet showing even the slightest interest in these type of releases (especially a blogging enthusiast such as yourself) are able to make simple connections as they surf the internet (i'm sure you do plenty of that). with five minutes of research, you could have easily found a source; e.g. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sh ... h&aq=f&oq=

c'mon, "kid" - at this point you're just fooling yourself. let's not make shitty excuses and crappy insults just because you're unsuccessfully battling ed from the losing side of the argument. personally, i don't give all that much of a shit or a fuck or whatever. i love the option to download super-expensive shit that i'm unable to afford for free. and mad props go out to the person or persons that brought the free download to me. but i'm giving mad props to the people who put that actual release out as well.

and btw - i DO have freestyle professors bedsheets and they're INCREDIBLY comfortable, thank you very much. i had the custom made even.

Thun

Post by Thun »

You did notice that T.R.O.Y. comes up before the Freestyle Professors link, right?

I'm not making any excuses because linking the site in question doesn't matter. At the time, my search was fruitless so I figured acknowledgement was satisfactory. I would've added the link if I hadn't been called a "dickhead" before their was any conversation whatsoever.

The label was mentioned. Links were given to the other site for informative purposes. They had information on the release, including Ed Catto's name and the name of the label. These sites were more readily available.

What the hell does it matter which site anyone visits for the same information? It's hugely imperative that everyone visit one site for information? If that's the case then people can stop posting about the Freestyle Professors here.

Losing side? Really? You sure?
Last edited by Thun on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ed_Catto wrote:
Thun wrote:
godmc wrote:indeed i did.

:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

seriously, i'm staying out of this agrument. ed is the man, and i purchase releases that i can afford at any given time (it took me quite some time to be able to afford that freestyle professors double lp). most of the time, however, i am unable to afford releases at that price (more or less). i admit that i download some of these releases. at any point though, if i'm able to afford something that i've already downloaded (or haven't), i'll absolutely purchase it. as for the t.r.o.y. blog and the forum, it is nice to have access to these limited releases. i do agree that proper credit should be mentioned whenever links to these releases are posted. searching "freestyle professors" brings you directly to their web site. no offense to thun or philaflava at all, i just wanted to point out that these cats are easily accessable - even if it's just giving props to the freestyle professors themselves. either way, props to both t.r.oy. and eddie all around.

i suppose i didn't stay out of the argument.

:cheers:
Follow me on this:

There are some people in this world who aren't overly familiar with the Freestyle Professors. I know, crazy, right?

Being not a fan of the Freestyle Professors, and having no desire whatsoever to ever check for them, please inform me how I would have ascertained that the Freestyle Records of the world famous Ed Catto was associated with Freestyle Professors, and that I should do a google search for them and the website named for them and not the actual record company...?

If it's so incredibly easy to find ... then what does it matter whether or not I linked it. It was mentioned. Since its so easy to find, the lack of a link shouldn't have been a problem, right?

Do a google search on "Freestyle Professors Ed Catto". This thread shows up BEFORE the Freestyle Professors website. Someone needs to learn how to properly use the interwebz.

Peace to Shorty Long's parole officer, yo!
Your gay little bullshit aside, why didn't you PM me?
I didn't know who you were before all of this. You are not a celebrity. Seek a psychotherapist for this delusion, douchebag.

godmc

Post by godmc »

i'm better than sure. i'm positive (no hiv)

"Freestyle Records is pleased to announce our new collector's only vinyl release: Showbiz and AG Broken Chains: Soul Clap and Runaway Slave Unreleased, ..."

third site down...

whatever though, there's no convincing you :lol:

once again, :cheers: for the blog.

Thun

Post by Thun »

godmc wrote:i'm better than sure. i'm positive (no hiv)

"Freestyle Records is pleased to announce our new collector's only vinyl release: Showbiz and AG Broken Chains: Soul Clap and Runaway Slave Unreleased, ..."

third site down...

whatever though, there's no convincing you :lol:

once again, :cheers: for the blog.
Did you actually click on the link from that search. Try it, it's interesting.

godmc

Post by godmc »

yeah, discogs comes first, t.r.o.y. blog comes second, and the official site comes third. checking out the first and third sites are gigantic clues that only the dumbest wouldn't pick up on. anyway, it seems like you're intentionally being confrontational just for the sake of being confrontational. i'll just drop out and say you win.

yaaaay

Thun

Post by Thun »

godmc wrote:yeah, discogs comes first, t.r.o.y. blog comes second, and the official site comes third. checking out the first and third sites are gigantic clues that only the dumbest wouldn't pick up on. anyway, it seems like you're intentionally being confrontational just for the sake of being confrontational. i'll just drop out and say you win.

yaaaay
Once again, I'll ask - did you actually click the link for the Freestyle Professors site that comes up in that search?

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Thun wrote:
Ed_Catto wrote:
Thun wrote:

seriously, i'm staying out of this agrument. ed is the man, and i purchase releases that i can afford at any given time (it took me quite some time to be able to afford that freestyle professors double lp). most of the time, however, i am unable to afford releases at that price (more or less). i admit that i download some of these releases. at any point though, if i'm able to afford something that i've already downloaded (or haven't), i'll absolutely purchase it. as for the t.r.o.y. blog and the forum, it is nice to have access to these limited releases. i do agree that proper credit should be mentioned whenever links to these releases are posted. searching "freestyle professors" brings you directly to their web site. no offense to thun or philaflava at all, i just wanted to point out that these cats are easily accessable - even if it's just giving props to the freestyle professors themselves. either way, props to both t.r.oy. and eddie all around.

Follow me on this:

There are some people in this world who aren't overly familiar with the Freestyle Professors. I know, crazy, right?

Being not a fan of the Freestyle Professors, and having no desire whatsoever to ever check for them, please inform me how I would have ascertained that the Freestyle Records of the world famous Ed Catto was associated with Freestyle Professors, and that I should do a google search for them and the website named for them and not the actual record company...?

If it's so incredibly easy to find ... then what does it matter whether or not I linked it. It was mentioned. Since its so easy to find, the lack of a link shouldn't have been a problem, right?

Do a google search on "Freestyle Professors Ed Catto". This thread shows up BEFORE the Freestyle Professors website. Someone needs to learn how to properly use the interwebz.

I didn't know who you were before all of this. You are not a celebrity. Seek a psychotherapist for this delusion, douchebag.
I'll be sure to talk to my shrink about that later today.

Peace,
Ed

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Philaflava wrote:
Ed_Catto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Ed,

The more I gave this thread some thought the more I was honestly taken back by your whole demeanor. There isn't a person that I've dealt with either on the forum, the blog or my compilations that can tell you I don't support or give back 10 fold. When you've asked me to put something in the Jukebox did I do it? When you asked for whatever kind of support you needed within my power, have I ever rejected you?

When you solicit this forum with your "pre-order" threads do I lock them? No, I look the other way, when in reality most people that try and solicit our forum members are asked to purchase an ad, which is SUPPORTING us.

This isn't a who has the bigger dick contest, but you aren't being fair when you think we haven't helped you more than you've helped us. In fact, I don't know one thing you've done for me that has benefited me at all. Now, I don't mind you promote or encourage folks to support. I don't mind people PMing you about business or any of that. I'm glad we have a site that can allow folks to network and make deals happen.

What I do mind is when somebody such as yourself attacks me or accusing me of not supporting your cause. Do you know how many people have the common courtesy to say "Jason, before I post I wanted to run it by you" or "do you mind if I post this" or better yet, hey THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, I'm going to send you a copy to show our appreciation.

Where is the appreciation on your end? This site runs CIRCLES around every Euro digger site you are involved with or blog. CIRCLES. We deliver the traffic/business you get. I see your "thanks for your purchase" comments but do you think everybody who hits you up or orders says "hey I'm from Phila..." or that everybody who sent you $100 posts about it on this forum?

You pressed up 500 copies and you're selling them for $100. I'm bad at math but I think thats $50,000. Minus the $1200 for pressing and whatever deal you worked out with Showbiz for those 3 tracks and I think you got a nice pay day. At best you walk away with $20,000 and all you gotta do is walk to the post office and throw the records in the mailbox. You probably even bank on the S&H since you charge for that too on top of the $100. You know what I get? Nada. And I don't want nor do I expect anything other than some appreciation and maybe if you wanted to grease the palms of the folks who help you with a copy here and there. Not that I need another piece of vinyl in my crates but its the principle. That's how this game works and you should know that. What does it cost to make this vinyl? At best $4? Come on.

The problem I have is you don't realize just how influential we are in your dealings and how I've supported (when asked). You could have stepped to me and say "Jay, I got this project do you think we could work a deal on a banner?" Chances are I would have done it for next to nothing just to help.

I don't make much on this website, I honestly do this because I love having this great network for people to interact, but damn show me some love and stop thinking everybody is out to ruin your sales. You're no stranger to this site. You should know that thinks get uploaded and downloaded. None of this hurts you the way you believe it does, if anything we just increased sales on your end. People aren't going to "wait" until the record is sold. That's just ridiculous.

People are going to continue to download and those who want to invest will buy your record and because I didn't blog your thing I can't defend why your link wasn't up but I will say like others have already, you, the label name is something that is practically none existent. Like Thun said, WE (Philaflava) show up more when you do a google on you. That is just how intricate we are to you and your business.

And you say you're easy to get a hold of but what's crazy is your email is
jenniferhandal@hotmail.com which is the wackiest shit ever considering you're not a Jennifer and your last name is Cotto. Maybe a gmail or FreestyleRecords.com account would work best? I'd imagine others have questioned that or even hesitated to contact you because of shit like that too.
You're the one running a site bootlegging my shit and I'm the one with a demeanor problem? Why, because I'm salty that you can't even credit the label properly? I think that indignation is justified, personally.

Yes, you have put a couple songs in your jukebox. On the other hand, I sent you some promo shit, so don't front like I didn't look out for you or didn't do anything for you. And, it is not like I am using your forum simply to push my products, as homeboy mentions above he forgot that the Show & AG project was even out. That's because I never even put a sales thread for that on Philaflava.

So, yeah, you are supportive in your way. But, on the other hand, you are supporting the digital bootlegging of our music. I am realistic and understand this is going to happen but is it too much to ask for a link in case someone wants to buy? No, it is not. You cats knew exactly who was responsible for the Show & AG coming out and, even if you never heard of Freestyle Records or Freestyle Professors, you knew my name was associated and you know how to reach me...just PM me on the site you run.

I know who is buying my records so I happen to know that hardly anyone on your site, that isn't on other sites and that I don't know before, is buying the Show & AG. I know they aren't buying the Confuse A Few 12" (with a few exceptions, and thanks to them) because that shit all comes from me until next month when it is in the stores.

Do you really think that, because your name appears top of the charts on a google search, that you are integral to my business? Keeping in mind that my business is not about free downloads? Again, why didn't you PM me?

Finally your calculation of my enormous payday leaves out two BIG details: Showbiz & A.G. if you think the artists I work with don't get compensated (and well at that), then ask them what's up.

Peace,
Ed Catto
I told you I had nothing to do with the actual post about your record. Understand that please.

Without my "bootlegging" site you wouldn't have made the money you have so far on this record. You won't have any Google links attached to your name or have thousands and thousands of people aware, interested and investing in your releases. Remember that please.

And you must think I have all the time in the world to chase people about blogs or posts I'm unaware of just to make sure nobody catches feelings.

BTW, I counted 7 folks from this forum that said they purchased your record. You're welcome for that $700. I'd can't imagine everyone felt the need to justify it in a thread so I can imagine it's more like $2000 I sent your way.

And with your deal, I don't care nor do I need to know. That's your business but what I do know is how many of these things go down. $50,000 is made, Show and AG walk away with 15K each at best and you take home $20,000 because of bootlegging sites such as Philaflava.

Good luck with that!
Naw, I don't think you are responsible for the post per se. You are a more circumspect guy, anyway. But I think you are responsible indirectly for the posts of cats like Jaz & Thun. And I think you are seriously overestimating the importance of your site in terms of sales. I am sure that those members here who purchased the Show & AG found out about it elsewhere, where they are also members.

Peace,
Ed

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ed_Catto wrote:
Thun wrote:
Ed_Catto wrote:
Thun wrote:

Follow me on this:

I'll be sure to talk to my shrink about that later today.

Peace,
Ed
Progress!

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

godmc wrote: and btw - i DO have freestyle professors bedsheets and they're INCREDIBLY comfortable, thank you very much. i had the custom made even.
I'm takin' orders for these now. $100 per set with all money going directly to my Buy-Ed-A-New-Whip Fund. This is a Philaflava exclusive (fuck those DWG kids), so I will be sure every dollar collected is credited properly.

Peace,
Ed

Thun

Post by Thun »

I think I'm going to start FreestyleProfessors@blogspot.com just to prove how I can get it higher on Google rankings than the actual site in under a month. Don't worry though, every single post will be a direct thank you to Ed Catto and the rebate codes for the bedsheets will be conspicuously visible.

godmc

Post by godmc »

Thun wrote:
godmc wrote:yeah, discogs comes first, t.r.o.y. blog comes second, and the official site comes third. checking out the first and third sites are gigantic clues that only the dumbest wouldn't pick up on. anyway, it seems like you're intentionally being confrontational just for the sake of being confrontational. i'll just drop out and say you win.

yaaaay
Once again, I'll ask - did you actually click the link for the Freestyle Professors site that comes up in that search?

yeah... and?

www.freestyleprofessors.com

it's really simple to make connections. you're smart, right?

Thun

Post by Thun »

godmc wrote:
Thun wrote:

yaaaay

yeah... and?

www.freestyleprofessors.com

it's really simple to make connections. you're smart, right?
http://shop.freestyleprofessors.com/pro ... oductId=15

is the link in question.

My only contention is that the stuff is not readily accessible. Accessible, sure. With five or so minutes of searching, fine, point noted. Somebody just had to point me in the right direction. If you think you're funny or somehow vindicated by suggesting that I'm stupid because I couldn't find the link on my first try, or that i purposely tried not to find it, then hey maybe you need that to sleep at night (on your Freestyle Professors bedsheets). But you're reaching. Maybe you're gassed that Ed Catto acknowledged you or something, maybe that's the kind of moment for you that's comparable to when a kid gets A-Rod to sign their baseball after the game. It's all good.

godmc

Post by godmc »

it shouldn't be in question, that's where you make the purchase. i'm not gassed on anything. i just noticed that you were being a complete asshole, so i felt compelled to respond. i don't think you're stupid; in fact, i think you're extremely intelligent. this record could easily be searched and the source (freestyle records) is right there. i'm not looking to make a joke out of you... honestly. i'm not looking to get a laugh either. i just noticed the sarcastic attitude and figured i'd point out how unnecessary it was. i don't mean to create "e-beef" or anything like that. admittedly, i probably came off as an arrogant asshole, too. with my original post, i only meant to point out that information on them was readily available. i had no intention to create any animosity; my apologies if i've done so.

Thun

Post by Thun »

godmc wrote:it shouldn't be in question, that's where you make the purchase. i'm not gassed on anything. i just noticed that you were being a complete asshole, so i felt compelled to respond. i don't think you're stupid; in fact, i think you're extremely intelligent. this record could easily be searched and the source (freestyle records) is right there. i'm not looking to make a joke out of you... honestly. i'm not looking to get a laugh either. i just noticed the sarcastic attitude and figured i'd point out how unnecessary it was. i don't mean to create "e-beef" or anything like that. admittedly, i probably came off as an arrogant asshole, too. with my original post, i only meant to point out that information on them was readily available. i had no intention to create any animosity; my apologies if i've done so.
you do realize that at the time I would have gladly added the link had someone politely shown me the way, right? I left it blank because I couldn't find it. The hope was that someone would have spoken up. Instead, the blog gets barraged by anonymous attacks and then there's a ruckus up in here over it. You think that was the best way to handle it?

Ben Cendars

Post by Ben Cendars »

LOL @ this whole conversation.

godmc

Post by godmc »

i didn't make any attacks on the blog. honestly, whether it included the link or not, i wouldn't be affected negatively in any way. i don't believe you intentionally left the link out either. i just threw the thought out there that proper credit should be given. i had no intentions of attacking anyone. i found the link on the forum, not the blog. the confrontation on the blog is unfortunate as it could have been handled privately. i would've gladly informed you of their information, but i hadn't checked the blog for this release. again, i'm not looking for confrontation and i now realize that nothing was intentionally done to discredit anyone. the blog is great, and a simple, unintentional mistake occurred. anyway, it's not a big deal any way you look at it. shit happens, but i'm not holding anything against anyone.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

The disrespect in this thread to Ed who has obviously worked hard to put these unreleased records out is disgraceful.

Verge

Post by Verge »

J-Serious wrote:The disrespect in this thread to Ed who has obviously worked hard to put these unreleased records out is disgraceful.
The disrespect shown to the people at Philaflava and the TROY blog who put in hours of work hours every single day for no money, not one dime, to bring different viewpoints and elements of the music we all love to the spotlight, was disgraceful. I'm guessing you didn't see how everybody involved in this post was invited to suck a dick on the blog?

Disrespect was shown on both sides, but it all started as a simple mistake.
I think we all can move on now. :arrow:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

godmc

Post by godmc »

fuck yeah, verge.

Ben Cendars

Post by Ben Cendars »

Verge wrote: The disrespect shown to the people at Philaflava and the TROY blog who put in hours of work hours every single day for no money, not one dime, to bring different viewpoints and elements of the music we all love to the spotlight, was disgraceful. :arrow:
Bottom line is that you still share other people's music without care for the scene that is dying from a lack of consumer support....Nobody can blame anyone up here for ALL the problems in the Hip-Hop world..but...the majority here contribute to the causes and not the solution....

If you are a fan of something in particular, support and purchase...if not, don't....Buying records back in the day doesn't make you above it now...

On the other hand, you shouldn't come and promote your music on this site if you don't like the downloading practices here...So that dude Ed is wrong to come at all of you.

BC from NYC

Verge

Post by Verge »

Drizzle, :nut: I'll only let that one slide because I don't have the vocabulary and am not schooled in the art of obscure references and subliminal faggot laced disses to go back and forth with you. And you gave a great comment about my Big L remix. Plus, I need to know where you got them owls in your sig from. You win.
Ben Cendars wrote:Bottom line is that you still share other people's music without care for the scene that is dying from a lack of consumer support....Nobody can blame anyone up here for ALL the problems in the Hip-Hop world..but...the majority here contribute to the causes and not the solution....
No. I don't have the energy to break this down for you right now, sorry.
I copped 2 copies of every "No Sleep" release since they started. Why? Because they make shit affordable so that og heads that always supported, who might not be able to afford to spend $100 on a newly pressed vinyl, can listen to the music that we grew up supporting.
You won't often see something new linked for download in this forum.
Philaflava's "Sounds Like The 90's" mixes are perfect examples of supporting and trying to keep this thing going.
If you are a fan of something in particular, support and purchase...if not, don't....Buying records back in the day doesn't make you above it now...
If it's extremely overpriced and aimed at exploiting true hip hop supporters, then, yes it does.

Damn, just when I thought this issue was deaded...
:shit:

Thun

Post by Thun »

The answer to a scene dying from lack of consumer report = sell EPs with three or four songs for $100 a pop.

Thun

Post by Thun »

J-Serious wrote:The disrespect in this thread to Ed who has obviously worked hard to put these unreleased records out is disgraceful.
Oh shit. You're right! I see the light now.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Thun wrote:

I was just saying, it just seems its been taken a bit too far.

Thun

Post by Thun »

J-Serious wrote:
Thun wrote:

Nice edit.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Thun wrote:
J-Serious wrote:
Thun wrote:

Nice edit.
OK, you are sitting behind a made up name, behind your computer, dissing people the whole internet way. Its just plain straight up gay shit.

Thun

Post by Thun »

J-Serious wrote:
Thun wrote:
J-Serious wrote:
Thun wrote:

Nice edit.
OK, you are sitting behind a made up name, behind your computer, dissing people the whole internet way. Its just plain straight up gay shit.
Is your government name J-Serious? Or is it a nom d'plum?