Swamburger, Earatik Statik, Octagon, Anacron, EC, Primeridia

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

kevin beacham

Swamburger, Earatik Statik, Octagon, Anacron, EC, Primeridia

Post by kevin beacham »

Time Travel #22

Yo! This is week is out of control... I got so much going, I almost decided not to update the page, but then I reminded myself I made a ג€œcommitmentג€ to do this weekly so I felt I should follow thru. With that in mind, Iג€™m going to put up few things Iג€™ve been meaning for a bit and donג€™t really need much of explanation. However, donג€™t trip, they are all ill tracks well worth checking out. No doubt. Check the joints, drop some feedback and tell your peeps...

www.myspace.com/timetravelradio

-This Week:
1)Earatik Statik-Poetic Justice
2)Octagon (No Pity Committee)-Changes
3)Swam-Solo Spirited (Pre-Sol.illaquists of Sound)
4)Cornrowz (Anacron & Old Man Malcom)-Mainstream
5)Premeridian-Mental Void
6)E.C.-It Don't Stop [Molemen Remix]

www.myspace.com/timetravelradio

kimani

Post by kimani »

All dope cuts. Is Anacron originally from Chi or something? He seems to do quite a bit with Chicago artists, but he's a Los Angeles artist...isn't he?
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

Yeah, originally from LA and moved to Chi in about '96. I explain his transition a bit in this weeks blog over there. Im pretty sure I caught him in the crowd in the new Good Live DVD, "This Is The Life", which is a excellent viewing experience.

kimani

Post by kimani »

Oh shoot, I hadn't read the entries yet, thanks for the info Kevin, and I totally agree about Anacron, the guy works freaking hard putting out stuff regardless of industry details and seems to have respect for every aspect of the game.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Yakub Shabazz

Post by Yakub Shabazz »

wow, haven't heard from Ana Rock One in a long minute. still got one of his tapes from '98 around here somewhere.