LOL@ Dante Ross responding to our blog...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Thun

LOL@ Dante Ross responding to our blog...

Post by Thun »

In reference to this: http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... -ross.html

Dante Ross sez:

Glad I'm so interesting to you guys. I am going to set few things straight:

I liked No Need For Alarm. I put alot of work in to salvaging that record. When it was delivered it had no 3-verse songs, very few memorable choruses and needed a lot of work. I dug in, helped sort out the arrangements and helped make it a better record. The first version while Del was killing the rhymes had very little structure to it. I am proud of that record and the job I did on it. I really dug in and made that record way more coherent than it was initially. Go ask Domino and Ice cube if you need verification. I would give this record a 7 and half good but not great. My efforts on it were some of my best as an a and r guy and I really helped the record make sense. I would give my efforts a 9 and a half, it proved to me if a artist was willing to listen I could help there record be that much better.

T.I.M.E was a bad record sorry. It made it crystal clear Busta was being held back and needed to go solo. He did and the rest is history. I have no regrets in my criticisms of that record it was at best a 5 more like a 4 and was a complete failure.

Hard To Obtain: Gamble and me did most of the tracks on that album and while I really dug our end of the record meaning the beats the rapping wasnג€™t amazing it was mediocre with Taste sounding way too much like Grand Puba most of the record. I don't hate the record but it's a 6 at best. I was disappointed that we used those tracks for those rappers and wished someone better had spitting on those joints. I was and am my own harshest critic. I would give the record a 5 maybe a 6 at best.
As for KMD's drums on the first record they sounded kind of thin as they wouldn't really let Gamble get his hands dirty and tighten them up. Great record probably a 7 and a half/8 but the drums being more knocking and it would have been a 9 I believe. This was an example of the group not hearing me or on a deeper level Gamble really as he engineered the record.

As for Gamble doing the work on our various projects over the years and me being Puffy thatג€™s bullshit, I just am not an engineer like he is. I am a programmer and a digger, I make all my own shit and always have. These bullshit assumptions come from people who have never seen me in action. I'm an easy target I'm not the humblest guy in the world but I am as honest as the day is long. As for Gamble heג€™s a great guy, very talented but since we broke up he never made 1 record while me I have caught 2 gold joints with out him and made 10 records at least. That should be proof enough no?
I did write a song on the last Santana and one for Anthony Hamiltonג€™s sophomore record as well. I have been scoring films, video games and commercials the last few years and making nice money at it. Watch TV for an hour one of my commercials will come on the boob tube trust me.

I say this all the speculation is funny; I'm not worth your guys emotional out pouring over mediocre records nobody really cares about. I look at the big picture of life not the small which has allowed me to remain relevant on many levels for 20 plus years and I feel the need to say this: Those records are a small part of my legacy as a creative person. I have recently been writing on a HBO TV show, nailed 2 pilot deals for my TV hustles of late and am about an inch away from having a full-blown show on the air. This will be the next area creatively I conquer watch.

I am a creative guy. I am a relentless hustler and worker. I probably do more stuff in a day then most do in a week. My weeks are like most peopleג€™s months and my months like most peoples years creatively speaking. I understand I'm easy to hate for some. I am a bit arrogant and prone to whip a chumpג€™s ass if I feel disrespected. My temper is legendary and so is my right hand. My love of the ladies is another reason for hatred, sorry I date fine chicks always and I'm sorry if I smashed your lady shit happens. I feel these things have as much to do with the speculation and hatred I get as anything. All I know is I live life to the fullest on many levels and music and my legacy in it are but one facet of my life. I do not put as much import on it as you guys apparently do.

Funny I have given so much back to the culture on so many levels something I love doing and will never stop doing. I get way more love back than the hate I see here and occasionally else where. All good I say but when you hate ask yourself this hard question:

" What have I given back to the culture I have taken so much from?"

After you ask yourself this question and your done gut checking yourself I believe you will have a bit more humility and respect for creativeג€™s like myself. It's called universal law and it's really that simple. Iג€™m sure you guys all have your own equation at the end of that question but I believe it will help your souls to ponder that one for a few. God knows seems like some of you need some gut checking.

Here is the credo I live my life by: Give Love, Get Love.
It's really basic and it works. My life is an example of it!

Iג€™m sorry I'm so opionated and can come off arrogant at times in interviews. I need to say this though. Busta, Del, Everlast, John Gamble, Domino, Pete Rock, My Cypress Hill brothers, ODB RIP. RZA, The Brand Nubians, MF Doom, Curious, Santana,Anthony Hamilton,Korn and dam near every one I have been in the trenches with has love for me and vice versa. This is a fact.

I wonder can anyone else commenting around here say that? When I pass away there will be a full page obit in the NY Times and a line around the block of teary eyed people who have accomplished a gang of great stuff, my contemporaries or peers so to speak. Thatג€™s what a legacy is all about making a mark, not going unnoticed in the big picture, raising peoples consciousness' and making the world a slightly better place on a good day.

I wonder can anyone else here lay claim to a legacy of import or are you guys just in to hating instead of creating. To say it short but sweet, donג€™t worry about me, worry about you!

Food for thought

Dante Ross
NYC
:rofl:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

This sure did need it's own post, huh? *shaking head*

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The whole response is 10/10 but this is my favorite part of his long winded justification.
I look at the big picture of life not the small which has allowed me to remain relevant on many levels for 20 plus years and I feel the need to say this: Those records are a small part of my legacy as a creative person. I have recently been writing on a HBO TV show, nailed 2 pilot deals for my TV hustles of late and am about an inch away from having a full-blown show on the air. This will be the next area creatively I conquer watch.

I am a creative guy. I am a relentless hustler and worker. I probably do more stuff in a day then most do in a week. My weeks are like most peopleג€™s months and my months like most peoples years creatively speaking. I understand I'm easy to hate for some. I am a bit arrogant and prone to whip a chumpג€™s ass if I feel disrespected. My temper is legendary and so is my right hand. My love of the ladies is another reason for hatred, sorry I date fine chicks always and I'm sorry if I smashed your lady shit happens. I feel these things have as much to do with the speculation and hatred I get as anything. All I know is I live life to the fullest on many levels and music and my legacy in it are but one facet of my life. I do not put as much import on it as you guys apparently do.

Funny I have given so much back to the culture on so many levels something I love doing and will never stop doing. I get way more love back than the hate I see here and occasionally else where. All good I say but when you hate ask yourself this hard question:

" What have I given back to the culture I have taken so much from?"

Thun

Post by Thun »

WiCkEd22 wrote:This sure did need it's own post, huh? *shaking head*
Cry about it, queerbait.

kimani

Post by kimani »

"Curious"
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Wait a minute...

...Dante Ross isn't gay?!?!?!? :naswtf:

Verge

Post by Verge »

"My temper is legendary and so is my right hand"
Lol...Who says some shit like that, unless you're a fuckin' gorilla?
Nevermind, I've known a couple of cats growing up who act just like him.
Usually the type that actually do have heart, but as we say, heart to get beat the fuck up.
He is smarmy and smug, but I don't hate him.
I gotta admit, I think this guy is entertaining.
I'll always check for his interviews and believe about 75% of what he says.

MD

Post by MD »

Verge wrote:"My temper is legendary and so is my right hand"
Chronic masturbator?

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Lol... I don't know how I missed that.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Yeah, as much of a d-bag as this guy is, I can't hate on him. Best interview subject in hip-hop.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

MD wrote:
Verge wrote:"My temper is legendary and so is my right hand"
Chronic masturbator?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

I never seen him speak until that skateboard site interview, just heard his name all over, and if that redpage interview is any indication, dude is cool and we have common behavior/opinions.

sajr

Post by sajr »

The dude is interesting and quite funny with it.

jamrage

Re: LOL@ Dante Ross responding to our blog...

Post by jamrage »

Thun wrote:In reference to this: http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... -ross.html

Dante Ross sez:

When I pass away there will be a full page obit in the NY Times and a line around the block of teary eyed people who have accomplished a gang of great stuff, my contemporaries or peers so to speak.
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: / :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Thun

Post by Thun »

DULLAH wrote:I never seen him speak until that skateboard site interview, just heard his name all over, and if that redpage interview is any indication, dude is cool and we have common behavior/opinions.
You know he's Jewish, right?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thun wrote:
DULLAH wrote:I never seen him speak until that skateboard site interview, just heard his name all over, and if that redpage interview is any indication, dude is cool and we have common behavior/opinions.
:copy:

Deezal

Post by Deezal »

In the big scheme of art and life I don't think anybody is really interested in this guys career. He is over estimating his own self importance. A few Hip Hop geeks jerking off to a SD50's remix is hardly worth the time it took to write all that.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

There really are some fuckin retards on this site

Thun

Post by Thun »

J-Serious wrote:There really are some fuckin retards on this site

Did you practice typing that in the mirror for a few weeks to work up the courage to post it?

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Philaflava wrote:
Thun wrote:
:copy:
:err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err:
Nah, Jeffrey Ross is good too. Should've guessed. But generally the younger and more liberal Jews get, the better imo. I've dated secular Jewish girls. FWIR, was Dante raised 100% Secular by SF hippies ?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

are you guys laughing as if he's sonning himself or something?
obviously dude has done a lot and deserves credit.

i know he also works with the streetwear brand 10 deep too

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I don't really give a shit about Dante the Douche, but does anyone think that was really Max Kellerman?
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

A man can dream can't he?

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »