Favorite Mobb Deep white-label / unreleased cut?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Echo Leader

Favorite Mobb Deep white-label / unreleased cut?

Post by Echo Leader »

It goes without saying that Mobb Deep has one of if not the illest back catalog of unreleased joints. I know a lot of you agree, as this topic has definitely been spoken on many times in the TROY forum and there are tons of white-label joints that cats have ripped and uploaded to the board. That's to say nothing of the J-Love "Mobb Misses" tapes and the two "Dunn Language" tapes.

So which is your favorite song to come out of the vault?

In my mind "Everyday Gunplay," "Take It In Blood," "Avirex," and "Duns & Kikos" are all extremely dope. "Avirex" is a strong contender for personal favorite but it's a little too short, so I would have to go with "Everyday Gunplay."

What do you guys think? Speak on it!

(For those that are relatively unfamiliar with the Mobb's unreleased catalog, check out the first three "Mobb Misses" here.)
Last edited by Echo Leader on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

I like alot of the "unreleased tracks" from mobb deep..

rep the qbc, in the long run, crime connection, reach, every day gunplay, first day of spring, duns & kikos, qb meets southside, take it in blood..

cant really say which one is my favorite of those..

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

For me it's definitely "The Bridge '94".

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

"Q.U." off the Mobb Deep demos is my favorite.

it also goes by "Keepin' It Real" and has a dope AZ vocal sample on the hook. shit is crazy ill. i just wish i had a version that didn't sound like it was recorded in a dumpster.

thebridgeisover

Post by thebridgeisover »

Definitely "young luv" with "in the long run" a distant second (love the sade pic Echo!).

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

"We About to get Hectic" and "The Bridge 94".

Professor Piff

Post by Professor Piff »

pradadon wrote:"We About to get Hectic" and "The Bridge 94".
4real... that "Hectic" track i've been trying to find for a minute now. I've gotten multiple tracks of it, all of which sound like they've been recorded underwater.

The only clean version i've heard of it is from a Stretch & Bobbito show but i dont like radio rips. Some1 please up it if you have it in quality.

thewool

Post by thewool »

'3 from NYC'

Al Green's 'Love & Happiness' sample is just so ill. Been loooking for a quality full version including Prodigy's verse for ever... still can't find it in its entirety. Best I've got is an edited radio recording.

Apart from that, the early stuff. Love the QU Hectic demo version...

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

i dont think "hectic" was pressed up on vinyl.. i think it was just a DAT so yeah good luck finding a rip of that

godmc

Post by godmc »

love is the answer - that joint is a mega-banger.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

godmc wrote:love is the answer - that joint is a mega-banger.
:upload:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

bosmann wrote:
godmc wrote:love is the answer - that joint is a mega-banger.
:upload:
Co-sign, please.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

There was a Prodigy solo track that never got released officially, it came out around 2000/2001 and was called something like "Snitch", it used a famous classical string sample and I never found a version of it without a DJ talking over it, does anyone have this or know what I mean?

godmc

Post by godmc »

haha - i was only kiddin' fellas. i'm not largely familiar with mobb deep's back catalog. i just threw that title out there assuming no one would ever consider that as an actual song title for the likes of a group like mobb deep.

sorry - :grin:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

godmc wrote:haha - i was only kiddin' fellas. i'm not largely familiar with mobb deep's back catalog. i just threw that title out there assuming no one would ever consider that as an actual song title for the likes of a group like mobb deep.

sorry - :grin:
:lol:

"Playin' around with unreleased Mobb Deep mega-bangers...is like playing with my emotions!"

:pause: ? I dunno. I've been up for way too long.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

well i never would consider "young love" a title for a mobb deep song but there it is lol

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Young love was supposed to be available in another Mobb thread but it is not available. Anyone for a new upload, please ?

skater4041

Post by skater4041 »

Thereallex wrote:Young love was supposed to be available in another Mobb thread but it is not available. Anyone for a new upload, please ?
http://www.divshare.com/download/7595417-eba

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Thanks, Push and kick man, but your account is not confirmed, and therefore the track is not available...plezse confirm you divshare account :lol:

skater4041

Post by skater4041 »

yeah my bad divshare has been giving me problems and I've yet to get a confirmation email from them haha.

http://uploading.com/files/LJC3489B/You ... e.mp3.html

that one should work

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: Favorite Mobb Deep white-label / unreleased cut?

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Echo Leader wrote:It goes without saying that Mobb Deep has one of if not the illest back catalog of unreleased joints. I know a lot of you agree, as this topic has definitely been spoken on many times in the TROY forum and there are tons of white-label joints that cats have ripped and uploaded to the board. That's to say nothing of the J-Love "Mobb Misses" tapes and the two "Dunn Language" tapes.

So which is your favorite song to come out of the vault?

In my mind "Everyday Gunplay," "Take It In Blood," "Avirex," and "Duns & Kikos" are all extremely dope. "Avirex" is a strong contender for personal favorite but it's a little too short, so I would have to go with "Everyday Gunplay."

What do you guys think? Speak on it!

(For those that are relatively unfamiliar with the Mobb's unreleased catalog, check out the first three "Mobb Misses" here.)

prodigys 2nd verse on take it in blood is top 10 all time favorite verse of mine...its a must hear

mberon20

Post by mberon20 »

I think "Young Luv", the sample of Prince's "If I was your girlfriend" is ill, so this one.