Ground Floor

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

STAM

Ground Floor

Post by STAM »

eyou..
they released otherwise wax by the "Dig On That/One, Two" ?? i cant find nothing but that single..... Maybe you got more info about them... ?? :roll:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0WZe5oHb4Us&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0WZe5oHb4Us&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

I've got the scene rip for it:

Ground_Floor-One_Two_bw_Dig_On_That-VLS-1994-FTD_INT
01 04:59 One Two (Main)
02 04:04 One Two (Radio)
03 05:01 One Two (Instrumental)
04 05:03 Dig On That (Main)
05 03:53 Dig On That (Radio)
06 05:12 Dig On That (Instrumental)

according to the .nfo file:
One two, produced by Ground Floor, and Dig on That was produced by Lord Finesse.

kotep

Post by kotep »

and link?

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Dope 12", if not only for the Lord Finesse production. I spin it out from time to time.

It got a whole heap of promotion in the Source back when it dropped (half page adds, and maybe even featured as a Sure Shot Single).

STAM

Post by STAM »

Mark 563 wrote:Dope 12", if not only for the Lord Finesse production. I spin it out from time to time.

It got a whole heap of promotion in the Source back when it dropped (half page adds, and maybe even featured as a Sure Shot Single).

If You can.......... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: look at your project down of the stairs..... and again look at :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I NEED DRINK THIS SHIT !!

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Crew is from Rhode Island I believe.
kotep wrote:and link?

Code: Select all

http://sharebee.com/27b3c32f
c/o Hip Hop As It Should Be Blog.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dope group and a classic single, they were supposed to drop an EP, but Bandoola Records folded, I wonder if it's in the vaults somewhere?
Last edited by Jaz on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

Jaz wrote:Dope group and a classic single, they were supposed to drop an EP, but Bandoolah Records folded, I wonder if it's in the vaults somewhere?
I was looking through some old Source Mags of mine, and yeah, they had a lot of ads (like Mark 563 said) and did mention an EP. I have to assume it was recorded and must be in someone's vault? I originally was given the promo cd single back in '94, but ended up finding the 12" in '95 or '96. Never have seen it out diggin again and I dig ALL THE TIME! I've always wanted a 2nd copy...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

STAM wrote:
Mark 563 wrote:Dope 12", if not only for the Lord Finesse production. I spin it out from time to time.

If You can.......... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: look at your project down of the stairs..... and again look at :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I NEED DRINK THIS SHIT !!
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, homeboy.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Mark 563 wrote:
STAM wrote:

:lol: :bork: I think he is saying, he would like to see a scan of said promo ad in The Source?...possibly...maybe...who really knows?... :lol:

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Jaz wrote:I think he is saying, he would like to see a scan of said promo ad in The Source?...possibly...maybe...who really knows?
I can take a picture with my cell phone of one of the ads in a little while like I did with the Mekolicious Unsigned Hype colum. I'm not gonna take the time to do a "scan" though, sorry.

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

The following were all cut from full Source mag scans provided by Vincent Lopez's THIMK blog. Infinite props to him for his work.

"The sweetest Revolutionary."

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Good shit Ho1ogramz. Maybe I'll snap a pic of one of the ads that mentioned the EP.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Would love to hear the lost Bandoola EP along with that Lord Finesse one someday.... Wishful thinking. Ground Floor only released the 1, 2 / Dig On That 12" & cassette single in '94 (the record was later repressed). One of my fav singles sitting on my shelf.

Peep a review.
http://wernervonwallenrod.blogspot.com/ ... nd%20Floor

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Ho1ogramz wrote:Would love to hear the lost Bandoola EP along with that Lord Finesse one someday.... Wishful thinking. Ground Floor only released the 1, 2 / Dig On That 12" & cassette single in '94 (the record was later repressed). One of my fav singles sitting on my shelf.

Peep a review.
Thanks for posting those cuz now I don't gotta take a pic! haha Btw, in later issues and ads it crossed out the "EP" for Lord Finesse and said "Album Coming Soon" instead. Maybe I could take a picture of that one and post it?

But yo, there was a promo cd single for the Ground Floor single too, I have it! It was given to me around the time the single came out. The cd itself, the front, is that same circle logo that's in all the ads you posted. It didn't even say Ground Floor or anything, was just that logo.

Damn, that record was repressed??? Lame!!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Ho1ogramz wrote:Would love to hear the lost Bandoola EP along with that Lord Finesse one someday.... Wishful thinking. Ground Floor only released the 1, 2 / Dig On That 12" & cassette single in '94 (the record was later repressed). One of my fav singles sitting on my shelf.

Peep a review.
Me too but I always wondered if that Lord Finesse EP, eventually became "Shorties Kaught In The System" and The Awakening LP?

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Here's a couple of pics I just took with my cell phone. It's a few of the ads in the Source including the January 1995 issue where the ad had the "EP" x'd out and says "Album" instead for Lord Finesse. Funny it said "Prayers Answered!" too. That same issue is the "1994 Year In Review" issue with Mary J Blige on the cover. I love those "Year In Review" issues! But yo, let me know if you guys want me to upload that Ground Floor CD single. I dont know, but maybe the CDQ rip is better then the VLS rip in terms of the sound quality of the mp3's?

Next to that one ad up top., that's a special write-up (kinda interview) on Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth from the December 1994 issue with Scarface on the cover. Notice my original press (still in the shrink wrap with sticker) of THE MAIN INGREDIENT LP. It did just happen to be there.....

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

I remember asking DL from No Sleep Records about Ground Floor's material and he said there wasn't much recorded besides that 12", if any...
BUT they should finally put out that Shorty Long's album/compilation - this was smth they were planning to do few years ago - around the time they released that Cellar Sounds compilation...

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:let me know if you guys want me to upload that Ground Floor CD single. I dont know, but maybe the CDQ rip is better then the VLS rip in terms of the sound quality of the mp3's?
Yes Please!

STAM

Post by STAM »

Mark 563 wrote:
STAM wrote:

If you can :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: = if you can
look at your project down of the stairs = look at your Mos Def project
I need drink this shit = i wanna look at the source magazine with GF

:rofl:

Thun

Post by Thun »

:bork:

Verge

Post by Verge »

This is a rare case where I never dug on the Finesse produced joint, but
always loved One, Two.

foobar

Post by foobar »

:cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Thun, that's one of those RZA 'rare' paintings in your sig right?
I wonder how much them shits went for.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:But yo, let me know if you guys want me to upload that Ground Floor CD single. I dont know, but maybe the CDQ rip is better then the VLS rip in terms of the sound quality of the mp3's?
No doubt, would be nice man! A cool CD rip, VBR between 192 & 320 kbps, never found that one this far. Props in advance!

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:But yo, let me know if you guys want me to upload that Ground Floor CD single. I dont know, but maybe the CDQ rip is better then the VLS rip in terms of the sound quality of the mp3's?
No doubt, would be nice man! A cool CD rip, VBR between 192 & 320 kbps, never found that one this far. Props in advance!

No doubt. I always like uploading in 256 quality. People who upload in anything less then 192 are retarded.

I will get to this sometime tonight. Probably after midnight.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Verge wrote:Thun, that's one of those RZA 'rare' paintings in your sig right?
I wonder how much them shits went for.
yeah, same one in the banner at my blog.