Ground Floor

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Espirando

Post by Espirando »

Here, I'm sorry I said this:
Espirando wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
Please explain to me why this is necessary and I will consider it.
Because 320's better and ripping isn't hard? The real question is why didn't you just rip it in 320? I'm not telling you to do it, I'm asking if you wouldn't mind. But, since clearly you do I don't really care. I just had the same quality rip already basically and thought it'd be useful but whatever.
I shouldn't have put it that way, I was just annoyed by the other posters. You were cool about it. Anyway, if it's inconvenient for you, don't do it. The only reason I even thought to ask is because I didn't remember ripping CDs being painstaking. But maybe you don't just do that, maybe you tag manually and everything and who knows, maybe you'd have to edit your posts on other sites? Or like I wondered, maybe you were low on space. Sorry if it seemed like I was demanding it (or insulting you for being low on space, whatever the fuck that means?). I just really like that single and thought it'd be a good opportunity to try and upgrade my own copy.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Espirando wrote:Here, I'm sorry I said this:
Espirando wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
Because 320's better and ripping isn't hard? The real question is why didn't you just rip it in 320? I'm not telling you to do it, I'm asking if you wouldn't mind. But, since clearly you do I don't really care. I just had the same quality rip already basically and thought it'd be useful but whatever.
I shouldn't have put it that way, I was just annoyed by the other posters. You were cool about it. Anyway, if it's inconvenient for you, don't do it. The only reason I even thought to ask is because I didn't remember ripping CDs being painstaking. But maybe you don't just do that, maybe you tag manually and everything and who knows, maybe you'd have to edit your posts on other sites? Or like I wondered, maybe you were low on space. Sorry if it seemed like I was demanding it (or insulting you for being low on space, whatever the fuck that means?). I just really like that single and thought it'd be a good opportunity to try and upgrade my own copy.
:naswtf: get the fuck out of here man, you are crossing a a very big line, what pray tell do you rip at 320 for us?

256 is more than sufficient, if it was 116 or 18, then sure you might have something to complain about, but bitching over a 256 rip is beyond comprehension.

Espirando

Post by Espirando »

Jaz wrote:
Espirando wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
:naswtf: get the fuck out of here man, you are crossing a a very big line, what pray tell do you rip at 320 for us?

256 is more than sufficient, if it was 116 or 18, then sure you might have something to complain about, but bitching over a 256 rip is beyond comprehension.
Of course a one-sentence question (not complaint or demand) would qualify as bitching to you. I'll say it again, I asked because I wasn't sure if it'd be a problem for him and I asked because it was a rare chance to get a better copy of something I liked. Simple as that.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Espirando wrote:
Jaz wrote:
Espirando wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:

Of course a one-sentence question (not complaint or demand) would qualify as bitching to you. I'll say it again, I asked because I wasn't sure if it'd be a problem for him and I asked because it was a rare chance to get a better copy of something I liked. Simple as that.
You didn't answer the question, what do you upload for us in 320?

STAM

Post by STAM »

Human ears can't hearing diffrent between 256 and 320.... this shit is simple like fuck :ring:

Espirando

Post by Espirando »

Jaz wrote:
Espirando wrote:
Jaz wrote:
Espirando wrote: Because 320's better and ripping isn't hard? The real question is why didn't you just rip it in 320? I'm not telling you to do it, I'm asking if you wouldn't mind. But, since clearly you do I don't really care. I just had the same quality rip already basically and thought it'd be useful but whatever.

Haha, for one I actually have, and it was a rip of Clear Blue Skies that I downloaded off Soulseek, and secondly just because someone hasn't given back in the form of a 320 rip doesn't mean they haven't given back at all. Thirdly, you've dodged the main point, which is that my reason for asking wasn't anything "beyond comprehension."

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Espirando wrote:
Jaz wrote:
Espirando wrote:
Jaz wrote:

Haha, for one I actually have, and it was a rip of Clear Blue Skies that I downloaded off Soulseek, and secondly just because someone hasn't given back in the form of a 320 rip doesn't mean they haven't given back at all. Thirdly, you've dodged the main point, which is that my reason for asking wasn't anything "beyond comprehension."
ONE upload at 320, I'm sorry man but all respect for you has flown out the window, so many users at T.R.O.Y. have uploaded so much good shit at 192 or higher (including me) that it's not funny and you want to piss and moan about a fucking 256 CD rip. :naswtf:

:ignore:

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

Ho1ogramz wrote:
Espirando wrote:Not being an asshole, but would you mind re-ripping this in 320? Are you low on space or something?
Wow... asking for 320 on a 256 makes you an asshole already in my book, but then going on to directly insult the uploader with the second question? Seriously, this is why some people just stop sharing all together. You want it that bad, go on eBay and buy it when it shows up - can't be more than $10 tops.
haha You guys are hilarious. Why would I feel insulted??? I know quality matters to people just like it matters to me! I rip shit at 256 cuz that's what I feel like. I don't mind uploading some shit for people at 320 if that's what they want.
Ho1ogramz wrote:Nobody owes you anything, he doesn't even owe you an explanation. So quit asking questions and enjoy the downloads. I'm fuckin' done.
I don't mind, shit. If he wanna ask me or anyone else something, let him. Y'all are trippin too much over some nonsense, forreal! This is the INTERNET, a Web FOURUM!! Who cares! hahaha Jeez..

Oh yeah, space is not an issue on my computer, but a 320 rip is just a little excessive in my opinion. Whatever though...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Espirando

Post by Espirando »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
Ho1ogramz wrote:
Espirando wrote:Not being an asshole, but would you mind re-ripping this in 320? Are you low on space or something?
Wow... asking for 320 on a 256 makes you an asshole already in my book, but then going on to directly insult the uploader with the second question? Seriously, this is why some people just stop sharing all together. You want it that bad, go on eBay and buy it when it shows up - can't be more than $10 tops.
haha You guys are hilarious. Why would I feel insulted??? I know quality matters to people just like it matters to me! I rip shit at 256 cuz that's what I feel like. I don't mind uploading some shit for people at 320 if that's what they want.
Ho1ogramz wrote:Nobody owes you anything, he doesn't even owe you an explanation. So quit asking questions and enjoy the downloads. I'm fuckin' done.
I don't mind, shit. If he wanna ask me or anyone else something, let him. Y'all are trippin too much over some nonsense, forreal! This is the INTERNET, a Web FOURUM!! Who cares! hahaha Jeez..

Oh yeah, space is not an issue on my computer, but a 320 rip is just a little excessive in my opinion. Whatever though...
:bow: Legend. Thank you infinity. Even if you decide not to do it, thank you infinity. Really is no reason to get so bent out of shape. Again, sorry for misdirecting my anger before.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

I know this kinda shit annoys people for a fact. I was moreso speaking for others who have shared the same sentiments I have. I think it's absurd how much entitlement people hold when it comes to music they don't own. Just cause you think differently doesn't negate the fact some people who were going to share shit felt like holdin back cause of this sense of entitlement. I will still upload shit for people when I can, but this needs to stop.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Ho1ogramz wrote:I know this kinda shit annoys people for a fact. I was moreso speaking for others who have shared the same sentiments I have. I think it's absurd how much entitlement people hold when it comes to music they don't own. Just cause you think differently doesn't negate the fact some people who were going to share shit felt like holdin back cause of this sense of entitlement. I will still upload shit for people when I can, but this needs to stop.
I really don't care what ANYONE says. I upload shit cuz I want to, period. I don't give a shit if some fool calls me a fag or talks shit, I'll still hook him up with good Hiphop. Feelings are for girls... I'm here to post about and talk about Hiphop. If someone wants to complain about the bit rate at which I uploaded something or trash one of my mixes or say I'm wack, it's all good. This is the Internet, there's no reason to take ANYTHING seriously.

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

When someone takes out their own time to upload something they bought and ripped to make people happy, but then get spit in the face by some asshole who claims "it's not enough". That's fuckin messed up and disrespectful. I know this isn't what you think (and frankly, reading some of your past posts I could give a shit) but I'm letting this out for once. Uploading something you found on slsk or through a blog search isn't the same, I'm talking about music that hasn't made the rounds yet.

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Why do you have to look at it like someones "spitting in your face" and what not??? haha Jeez! So dude was spitting in my face and disrespecting me cuz he wanted a 320 rip rather then a 256??? hahaha First off, I never got a negative vibe from dude so he was not "spitting in my face" and even if he was being disrespectful, WHO CARES?!! Don't take everything so seriously. Relax!

And it doesn't take that much time to convert something. From vinyl it's a little more time consuming, so props to the cats who do that, but cd's are very easy and pretty fast. But yes, regardless, of course we should appreciate the time some people do take, but upload shit cuz YOU want to and if someone talks shit or wishes you did it better, who cares! The reality is if they want something perfect or to their own standards, then they should buy the cd or the record, I know I do.

kimani

Post by kimani »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: Feelings are for girls...
This is the most offensive quote in the whole thread, and the fact that it was in a response to Hologramz makes it all the better. Hilarious thread, congrats all!
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

kimani wrote:
This is the most offensive quote in the whole thread, and the fact that it was in a response to Hologramz makes it all the better. Hilarious thread, congrats all!
:lol:

Seriously, I like sharing music. But when people mention (in private and not) that they're no longer going to share this or that cause of assholes who are never satisfied, that affects me cause I ain't going to hear it. This is a fact, several people have said this. Yes it sucks, and if I had it I'd share it otherwise, but I get where they're coming from. And folks, it's easy as cake to download an already existing rip from slsk and uploading it here or copy and pasting a link from a blog search. It's dope we do it and help each other out, but when unreleased or unavailable rips aren't being shared cause some people can't appreciate someone else's efforts, it's messed up.

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Ho1ogramz wrote:
kimani wrote:
:lol:

Seriously, I like sharing music. But when people mention (in private and not) that they're no longer going to share this or that cause of assholes who are never satisfied, that affects me cause I ain't going to hear it. This is a fact, several people have said this. Yes it sucks, and if I had it I'd share it otherwise, but I get where they're coming from. And folks, it's easy as cake to download an already existing rip from slsk and uploading it here or copy and pasting a link from a blog search. It's dope we do it and help each other out, but when unreleased or unavailable rips aren't being shared cause some people can't appreciate someone else's efforts, it's messed up.
Agreed!

But I just wonder about those people who decide to not share anymore. Why the hell do they give a shit what someone or a lot of people might say??? Not to be a dick, but it leads me to believe those guys have issues cuz who the fuck cares what some person says on the internet? Why are they taking shit so seriously? The guy that was asking for a 320 rip from me I thought was funny. It's like whoop-di-do. haha

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:It's like whoop-di-do.
Aiight, you just wore me out with that last line, lol. I stated my points and felt it needed to be said.

Peace.

Verge

Post by Verge »

2 years later BUMP.

So I just saw this promo sticker on ebay:

As far as I know this is new Ground Floor info, anyone know about this? From the titles it sounds like it was probably 1997 and For Da Hustla was the radio song and Real Mcs would have been the college radio hit, but it never happened. Since the sticker was made I gotta guess that at least the songs were made maybe even test pressed? Acetated? Sitting in someone's vault, storage locker or grandmother's basement?

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Didn't Bandoola go under in late '95 / early '96?

Because I know Finesse was with them for a bit, was supposed to drop an EP (and then that changed into an LP) with them and then suddenly their number was disconnected and 'nesse was on Penalty / Tommy Boy for The Awakening.

So I'm guessin' this must've been either '94 or '95, which was the only time Bandoola and / or Ground Floor were ever makin' moves (although the label was around as early as '92 / '93).

:icedit:

Might as well add this to the thread as well:

"One of the groupג€™s members, Manhunt (Sean Collins), released a fairly nice, self-produced solo single in ג€™98 through his own label Tiamat World Entertainment, titled ג€œTiamat Warג€ b/w ג€œKryptonג€. He also produced the tracks ג€œCasual Sexג€ and ג€œLove On The Rocksג€ on a 3-track 12ג€ by Nomad on Dark Flow Productions (also from ג€™98), but that oneג€™s quite disappointing to be honest."

http://www.vinyladdicts.net/va/index.ph ... &Itemid=46

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

Oh shit!

Good find Verge, now I'm really curious...
Verge wrote:2 years later BUMP.

So I just saw this promo sticker on ebay:

As far as I know this is new Ground Floor info, anyone know about this? From the titles it sounds like it was probably 1997 and For Da Hustla was the radio song and Real Mcs would have been the college radio hit, but it never happened. Since the sticker was made I gotta guess that at least the songs were made maybe even test pressed? Acetated? Sitting in someone's vault, storage locker or grandmother's basement?