The Official Source Magazine Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

pradadon wrote:Feb 94..

you got that last page in a bigger resolution?
would be ill.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

jazztomovethatass wrote:
pradadon wrote:Feb 94..

you got that last page in a bigger resolution?
would be ill.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

here is the others bigger.. i will scan some more shit 2mrw..

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

this must stay up, really!

NY Andy

94-95 source mag

Post by NY Andy »

I'm looking for an article from late 94 -95. It was an article on Mobb Deep, one of their first when there are 3 members, the article has all of them and a picture of all three, prodigy havoc and ferg. I need this article, I tried going to the source to order back issues their website is all fucked up, theres no way to search for old articles and no place to order old issues. Anyway, they did the interview and took the pictures in November 94, so it would have been in the next few issues. In case you were wondering , Ferg got locked up right after this, he was on the run when he did the interview, hes been upstate the past 15 years but is about to come home and blow up, hes been recording shit while in his cell, keep an ear out for Ferg hes the next big thing.

NY Andy

Post by NY Andy »

*bump*

willybuck

Re: 94-95 source mag

Post by willybuck »

NY Andy wrote:I'm looking for an article from late 94 -95. It was an article on Mobb Deep, one of their first when there are 3 members, the article has all of them and a picture of all three, prodigy havoc and ferg. I need this article, I tried going to the source to order back issues their website is all fucked up, theres no way to search for old articles and no place to order old issues. Anyway, they did the interview and took the pictures in November 94, so it would have been in the next few issues. In case you were wondering , Ferg got locked up right after this, he was on the run when he did the interview, hes been upstate the past 15 years but is about to come home and blow up, hes been recording shit while in his cell, keep an ear out for Ferg hes the next big thing.
I skimmed through Oct '94 - Sept. '95 and I didn't see any article like the one you described. The only Mobb Deep articles that caught my eyes were:

May 1995 - Microphone Check
June 1995 - The Infamous review

You sure you got your dates right, could it have been earlier?

Mad Human

Post by Mad Human »

Yo guys, dope thread. I just went through my shits and i found a magazine called Art From Magazine from NJ 93' - 150 pages oh yeah it hurts yeah :)
Going to buy a scan later in next week and will try to scan few pages. Many hot artists inside alike: Lords Of The Underground, The Beatnuts, Gheto Boys, Big Daddy, Tim DOg, Da Youngsta's etc.
I have around 15 other mags just have to find them and will start scan them as well. I hope will work out and won't be any problem to do that.
YOUTUBE RARE INDIES - http://www.youtube.com/user/MadHuman09

willybuck

Post by willybuck »

Mad Human wrote: just went through my shits and i found a magazine called Art From Magazine from NJ 93' - 150 pages oh yeah it hurts yeah :)
Translation: I just won this magazine on ebay.
I have around 15 other mags just have to find them and will start scan them as well. I hope will work out and won't be any problem to do that.
Translation: I have to wait for them to be delivered, I hope they reach me safely.

Mad Human

Post by Mad Human »

ImageImage
YOUTUBE RARE INDIES - http://www.youtube.com/user/MadHuman09

IRISH_CRAIG

February 1991 #18 EPMD

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

vincentlopez wrote:
I'd definitely be grateful to get that issue (February 1991 #18 EPMD).

Vincent - I have this issue. Im happy to scan this for you should ye still need it

Im looking for an old Rap Pages myself, do you have any old issues ?

The issue im hopin to find is from April 96, and im only trying to find the Bobbito The Barber column

If you are still offering invites for thimkingman.blogspot im happy to get involved, I have quite a few old Hip-Hop mags from the early 90s, maybe I can plug a few gaps for you

Sorry if this is outta the blue

Cheers

CRAIG

willybuck

Re: February 1991 #18 EPMD

Post by willybuck »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:Im looking for an old Rap Pages myself, do you have any old issues ?

The issue im hopin to find is from April 96, and im only trying to find the Bobbito The Barber column
I have that issue, but no scanner, had to use a camera. I left it large, so it would be as legible as possible. If you have trouble reading parts of it, I can transcribe some of it for you.

IRISH_CRAIG

Re: February 1991 #18 EPMD

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

willybuck wrote:
IRISH_CRAIG wrote:Im looking for an old Rap Pages myself, do you have any old issues ?

I have that issue, but no scanner, had to use a camera. I left it large, so it would be as legible as possible. If you have trouble reading parts of it, I can transcribe some of it for you
Perfect willybuck, perfect, cheers fella.