The CRDS Fat Tape Volume 18

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2010 ... me-18.html

1-Da Bush Babees-Swing It (Jazziness version) (1994)
2-Phat Mob-She Wants Me (1995)
3-Defari-Big Up (1995)
4-Big Kwam-Verbalize (DJ Spinna Remix) (1998)
5-Sic Sense-Positional Bypass (1995)
6-The Brotherhood-Alphabetical Response (1995)
7-Digable Planets-Where I'm From (Aural G Mix) (1992)
8-Scott Lark-Razzle Dazzle (1996)
9-Problemz-Say What (2003)
10-Papa Chuk-Texas Rougneck (Urban Hustlers Mix) (1992) *
11-Wee Bee Foolish-Turn It Out (2001)
12-Camp Lo-Say Word (1997)
13-Divine Beings-Funky Ultimatum (Extended Mix) (1994)
14-Lodd Manafess-Rappin 4 Change (Bus Shelter Remix) (1994)
15-Rampage-Beware of The Rampsack (Smak U Bak Mix) (1994)

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozrwntmzuin
yep, I am afraid it's another one of those lame ass mp3 compilations... :lol:

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=30

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Re: The CRDS Fat Tape Volume 18

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

Jaz wrote:yep, I am afraid it's another one of those lame ass mp3 compilations... :lol:

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=30
hahahahaha

Look Jaz, these types of compilations that you and others put together is cool, no doubt, but that shit just don't compare to an actual DJ makin a Mixtape and spinnin wax to do so.

Your playlist looks cool, but who knows how each song flows into the next cuz that kinda thing matters when you're making a mixtape. Of course you know that though...

Btw, for the past few hours I've been working on a MIX... It's all Bay Area Underground Hiphop 1991-1996. About to mix it live right now... Volume 1 sucka! I'm starting the mix with a song off an original tape and then mixing all original vinyl while sneaking in a WUS Freestyle off a cd that I had converted from tape. It's gonna be ILL!!!
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

8ks

Post by 8ks »

:cheers: props Jaz, i always enjoy them...lame ass bitch fuck comps. :D
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: then mixing all original vinyl
why do you state that always? i guess everybody should know by now...

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

8ks wrote:props Jaz, i always enjoy them...
The only reason I really don't care for them is because I have every one of the songs he puts on these things on original vinyl, cd or even tape... Mostly vinyl though. I'd rather bump a mixtape with all these songs mixed together cleanly.
8ks wrote:
I always state that because you never know when someone who doesn't know is reading it. I want to make sure people know that I am someone still doing things the original way and not converting to digital like 90% of everyone else. Make sense?

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

8ks

Post by 8ks »

yeah someone could have slept it and not giving you the right props you deserve.

and i don't have every single song on that comp and so i prefer the full versions over the mixed.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote::cheers: props Jaz, i always enjoy them...lame ass bitch fuck comps. :D
:cheers: 8ks glad you enjoy them man.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:yeah someone could have slept it and not giving you the right props you deserve.

and i don't have every single song on that comp and so i prefer the full versions over the mixed.
The truth is some people have told me before that they prefer compilations over mixtapes, as some DJ's go overboard and speed the tempo's up on some tracks and it doesn't sound right, I remember the first time I heard Jeru's "Come Classic" on a mixtape and my first thought was, hmmmm is this meant to be that fast?

Some people just enjoy the selection and hearing tracks that they might not have heard before, it's not like I just go this one and that one, I spend a bit of time on these, to get a good consistency and I got through a lot of tracks, it doesn't need to mixed.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

some annoying egotist and elitist wrote

Oh Jaz how unHip Hop of you...what a fag, next you are going to tell me that turntables don't matter

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Hey Jaz, is that girl in your sig all ORIGINAL asian?

What about the chair? Is that an oak rocking chair? Or is it some faux wood with bootleg texturing? I only like rocking chairs that are done the ORIGINAL and RIGHT way!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Odnet wrote:Hey Jaz, is that girl in your sig all ORIGINAL asian?

What about the chair? Is that an oak rocking chair? Or is it some faux wood with bootleg texturing? I only like rocking chairs that are done the ORIGINAL and RIGHT way!
:rofl: :rofl: well she was Polish and you know something Odent, I think that chair might have been faking the funk...it was most likely made when the guy making it had one of my lame ass mp3 compilations in his headphones, I think the various bit rates put him off.

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

thanks Jaz!

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

You should upload that mix I sent you :lol:

I had no idea you were crds, you should've told me man!

Good shit btw

step one

Post by step one »

Please could someone firebomb Hip Hop Head SF's house using some original petrol and not a wack substitute flammable substance?
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
8ks wrote:
I always state that because you never know when someone who doesn't know is reading it. I want to make sure people know that I am someone still doing things the original way and not converting to digital like 90% of everyone else. Make sense?
IT DOESNT MATTER. NO ONE CARES.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

aeokq wrote:You should upload that mix I sent you :lol:

Good shit btw
lol...what mix is this man?

CRDS is my blog aeokq

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Jaz wrote:

Good shit btw

CRDS is my blog aeokq
Haha. I just meant I didn't know you were the crds that posted on ughh.

I was referring to the mix I sent you in the mail along with Prophetix- High Risk and City Slick- The Antique Black. It's not that great of a mix haha, but I think it's pretty cool. :lol:

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

This is good shit, btw, Jaz. Already put it on my mp3 player for those walks to the tacqueria.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

aeokq wrote:
Jaz wrote:

Good shit btw

CRDS is my blog aeokq
Haha. I just meant I didn't know you were the crds that posted on ughh.

I was referring to the mix I sent you in the mail along with Prophetix- High Risk and City Slick- The Antique Black. It's not that great of a mix haha, but I think it's pretty cool. :lol:
oh yeah...erggghhh ughh...do you still go there?...it was a dope mix and thanks again for the Prophetix and City Slick :cheers:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Odnet wrote:This is good shit, btw, Jaz. Already put it on my mp3 player for those walks to the tacqueria.
:cheers:

dochiphop

Post by dochiphop »

Yo Thanks Jaz. I appreciate all the mixes u drop for us.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

dochiphop wrote:Yo Thanks Jaz. I appreciate all the mixes u drop for us.
Thanks a lot dochiphop.

Mr. J Selectah

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

Jaz, keep hitting T.R.O.Y. with your lame ass mp3 compilations, because i'm loooooooviiiiiinnnnnggg that Papa Chuk "Texas Rougneck (Urban Hustlers Mix) (1992)", great fucking track, didn't know about it...thanks! Feel the bassline... :cheers:
"You should let your man speak on your behalf, because when i let my blade slice, you'll just be half!"

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Mr. J Selectah wrote:Jaz, keep hitting T.R.O.Y. with your lame ass mp3 compilations, because i'm loooooooviiiiiinnnnnggg that Papa Chuk "Texas Rougneck (Urban Hustlers Mix) (1992)", great fucking track, didn't know about it...thanks! Feel the bassline... :cheers:
:lol: I will...yeah big ups to DJ Matt Nyce for that one.

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Jaz wrote:The truth is, some people have told me before that they prefer compilations over mixtapes, as some DJ's go overboard and speed the tempo's up on some tracks and it doesn't sound right, I remember the first time I heard Jeru's "Come Clean" on a mixtape and my first thought was, hmmmm is this meant to be that fast?

Some people just enjoy the selection and hearing tracks that they might not have heard before, it's not like I just go this one and that one, I spend a bit of time on these, to get a good consistency and I got through a lot of tracks, it doesn't need to mixed.
Well for one, on all of my mixes I make sure to keep songs as close to their original speed as possible. I never slow songs down and I make it a point to only go up to +3 and no further. See, I always have my songs BPM'd so I know their speed prior to making a mix. Also, I make sure my blends are always clean and smooth and songs are played in full. But anyways, that's just me and my personal style.

I look at it like this, a compilation like the ones you make are like listening to a radio show where the DJ talks and just plays music, no mixing. To me, that kinda shit is fuckin BORING!! When I tune into radio shows, I wanna hear the songs MIXED by a real DJ! Sure, sometimes on radio shows there will be songs that are just played and not mixed which is fine cuz on those shows over 80% of the songs played are spun in the mix.

So yeah, for the majority of the people out there, I guess yours and others compilations are cool cuz most people unfortunately are wack in my opinion cuz most people are not like me meaning they dont buy/dig for/own just about everything out there. I like listening to full albums/ep's, mixtapes and radio mixshows. Props to you for putting those comps together cuz obviously you DO put dope songs on them, but they are just not something I'm personally into. Keep doin your thing though... And I never meant to make it seem like what you do is bullshit cuz it's not, but whatever... peace

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

^

:ignore:

At a wild guess Wicked says some shit about STRICTLY VINYL and how every compilation should be a mixtape with a REAL DJ mixing shit up? :roll:

am I close?

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: most people unfortunately are wack in my opinion cuz most people are not like me
:bow:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: most people unfortunately are wack in my opinion cuz most people are not like me
:bow:
Egomania is an obsessive preoccupation with one's self and applies to someone who follows their own ungoverned impulses and is possessed by delusions of personal greatness and feels a lack of appreciation. Someone suffering from this extreme egocentric focus is an egomaniac. The condition is psychologically abnormal and has been attributed to various historical figures and celebrities.
See also

* mania
* -mania (suffix)
* Narcissism
* abnormal psychology

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

The name "narcissism" is derived from Greek mythology. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who had never seen his reflection, but because of a prediction by an Oracle, looked in a pool of water and saw his reflection for the first time. The nymph Echo--who had been punished by Hera for gossiping and cursed to forever have the last word--had seen Narcissus walking through the forest and wanted to talk to him, but, because of her curse, she wasn't able to speak first. As Narcissus was walking along, he got thirsty and stopped to take a drink; it was then he saw his reflection for the first time, and, not knowing any better, started talking to it. Echo, who had been following him, then started repeating the last thing he said back. Not knowing about reflections, Narcissus thought his reflection was speaking to him. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away at the pool and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

just skimmed through the fat tapes 14 & 15 and i gotta say those two are exceptionally good.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Thanks 8ks, I appreciate that a lot man.

so that insecure little man had some shit to say about this compilation

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2010 ... me-18.html

I don't know about you guys, but I think weeman is jealous and I can't understand why he would let me post this comment, which shows him to be a petty little insecure man

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Holy sheeeeit this comp sucks, even by your inconsistent standards, this is one of your weakest, wackest attempts yet!
:rofl: it would make me laugh if he downloaded it, which we all know he did and has done so with everyone I have made, I miss his e-mails begging me to join his wack radio show that NO ONE listens to or cares about and when he told me how dope my comps were and that I was a keeper of the flame and true Hip Hop.

It's funny when you expose a herb and they show their true colours.