1990-A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

1990-A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels...

Post by Jaz »

20 years on and still as dope as hell...

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmfjyy9cdyz#2
1 "Push It Along"
2 "Luck of Lucien"
3 "After Hours"
4 "Footprints"
5 "I Left My Wallet in El Segundo"
6 "Pubic Enemy" DJ Red Alert
7 "Bonita Applebum"
8 "Can I Kick It?"
9 "Youthful Expression"
10 "Rhythm (Devoted to the Art of Moving Butts)"
11 "Mr. Muhammad"
12 "Ham 'n' Eggs"
13 "Go Ahead in the Rain"
14 "Description of a Fool"

My CD is f----, does anyone have this in 320 please?

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

In the past months my opinion changed to this being their 3rd best album to being on par with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Perfect summer music, and this album has truely stood the test of time. Tons of replay value.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Best album ever.

Buy this, faggots.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Here it is at 320kbps courtesy of them hqhiphop dudes:
http://www.hqhiphop.net/2009/04/tribe-c ... ctive.html
01 - Push It Along
02 - Luck Of Lucien
03 - After Hours
04 - Footprints
05 - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
06 - Pubic Enemy
07 - Bonita Applebum
08 - Can I Kick It
09 - Youthful Expression
10 - Rhythm (Devoted To The Art Of Moving Butts)
11 - Mr. Muhammad
12 - Ham 'N' Eggs
13 - Go Ahead In The Rain
14 - Description Of A Fool

Part 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mn2skigexa9
Part 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xmaozdvzijo
Peace to Beneficial at hqhiphop.net

Straight classic shit, non debatable. Should be owned by anyone on here, lurking or posting.

Verge

Post by Verge »

vermillion wrote:In the past months my opinion changed to this being their 3rd best album to being on par with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Perfect summer music, and this album has truely stood the test of time. Tons of replay value.
Word to that. For years I respected this LP but put it below the other two. But nowadays and in retrospect, this is on par with the others.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Verge wrote:Here it is at 320kbps courtesy of them hqhiphop dudes:
01 - Push It Along
02 - Luck Of Lucien
03 - After Hours
04 - Footprints
05 - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
06 - Pubic Enemy
07 - Bonita Applebum
08 - Can I Kick It
09 - Youthful Expression
10 - Rhythm (Devoted To The Art Of Moving Butts)
11 - Mr. Muhammad
12 - Ham 'N' Eggs
13 - Go Ahead In The Rain
14 - Description Of A Fool

Part 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mn2skigexa9
Part 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xmaozdvzijo
Peace to Beneficial at hqhiphop.net

Straight classic shit, non debatable. Should be owned by anyone on here, lurking or posting.
:cheers:

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I really like all their albums (even the love movement), but this was the first one by ATCQ that I heard, and still my favorite.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This might be, aside from illmatic, the album that I have owned the most times in my life. I first had the tape, then got doubles of the vinyl when I got my tables. Then bought the tape another time, then bought the cd a couple of times. lol I must have owned 7 or 8 copies of this album in my life in various mediums.

Classic album. The first 3 Tribe albums are all on the same level to me, it's just a matter of what mood I am in, as was said before.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

What's everyone's favorite track?

I mean, Footprints is my favorite, but I love Description of a Fool as well.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Thun wrote:Best album ever.

Buy this, faggots.
did so long ago.
great album, evergreen. still sounds fresh as hell

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

pradadon wrote:What's everyone's favorite track?

Tough one pradadon, probably "After Hours" those drums and the breakdown to the ill frog sample get me every time, but of course "Can I Kick It", "Luck Of Lucien", "Footprints", "Go Ahead In The Rain", "Bonita Applebum", "Youthful Expression", "Rhythm", "Mr Muhammad" etc

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

1 through 16. Album is perfect.

Hard to believe that Rolling Stone panned this record when it dropped. Something about "rap music for yuppies" or "rap-lite." Agree with Thun:

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Probably Footprints, but really depends on the day. I think the first half of the album is the stronger half. First four tracks are a perfect start.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

cenzi wrote:Image

:rofl: at that first idiot.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Buy this, faggots.

I bought it in 1990 and unbelievably still have the same CD, it's pretty scratched though.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

my funny story about this album.

you know those little pyramid incense things? ok. I was so high once I burnt one on my cd case... i only realized when I smelled burnt plastic. Once I realized my retarded mistake, I quickly flipped the case over and pulled the CD out. It was warped :( This was the death of my People's cd.

Then I bought a new one. I have no idea how, but when I pulled it out one one day it was cracked. A week after, for christmas, my wifey got me the third and last copy. To this day i still have it closed.

Fuck it. MP3 all the way.

Favorite song? No doubt, I just love Push It Along. And the have a "buggaboo" remix of Can I Kick It that would be my favorite if it was on the album.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

sorry "Boilerhouse" remix

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wrzuta.pl/embed_audio.js?key ... "></script>

kimani

Post by kimani »

"uh-uh, not at all!"
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

king beef

Post by king beef »

Changed my life!

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Jaz, if my wi-fi router wasnt actin like a half a fag, the 320 rip would be yours. If no one else beats me [nh] to it, its yours tomorrow shunn, ive had my vinyl n' CD since day one, and lookin back, im so happy there isnt a single mark or mucky thumb-print on the CD or sleeve

2 points:

1]
Why or more importantly, how, did a tiny shard of Brit broadcaster Jeff Young end up at the end of one of the mixes of Can I Kick It? The tiny sound-bites says, 'Dont Knock It' towards the end of the regular 12" Extended Version, and no one has ever been able to confirm, or refute that it is/ isnt Jeff Young.

2]
The 'Executive in charge of of Rhythmic Heads Nods - Red Alert' sleeve-note always tickled me ...

classic, and an iconic alblum of the highest order, but yall is makin me feel ooooollllllllddd - 'Oh Shit See' !!!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:Jaz, if my wi-fi router wasnt actin like a half a fag, the 320 rip would be yours. If no one else beats me [nh] to it, its yours tomorrow shunn, ive had my vinyl n' CD since day one, and lookin back, im so happy there isnt a single mark or mucky thumb-print on the CD or sleeve

2 points:

1]
Why or more importantly, how, did a tiny shard of Brit broadcaster Jeff Young end up at the end of one of the mixes of Can I Kick It? The tiny sound-bites says, 'Dont Knock It' towards the end of the regular 12" Extended Version, and no one has ever been able to confirm, or refute that it is/ isnt Jeff Young.

2]
The 'Executive in charge of of Rhythmic Heads Nods - Red Alert' sleeve-note always tickled me ...

classic, and an iconic alblum of the highest order, but yall is makin me feel ooooollllllllddd - 'Oh Shit See' !!!
Thanks Irish Craig, but it is already up in this post man :) not sure about the Jeff Young thing.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Verge wrote:
vermillion wrote:In the past months my opinion changed to this being their 3rd best album to being on par with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Perfect summer music, and this album has truely stood the test of time. Tons of replay value.
Word to that. For years I respected this LP but put it below the other two. But nowadays and in retrospect, this is on par with the others.
Completely agree.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

cenzi wrote:sorry "Boilerhouse" remix

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wrzuta.pl/embed_audio.js?key ... "></script>
Great remix, but I still prefer the original.. The Lou Reed sample on the original is just too cool to leave out during the verses, and gives it a more mellow sound. Just fucking groovy to the max with that, although the remix is cool too. As a huge Lou Reed fan it was damn cool to see a rap group sampling him, because a lot of his own songs are actually similar to rapping (instead of singing, conversational delivery).

Thun

Post by Thun »

Why did you homos underrate the album in the first place? Too busy rocking out to Diamond Shell and Barsha?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Thun wrote:Why did you homos underrate the album in the first place? Too busy rocking out to Diamond Shell and Barsha?
:lol:
I, for one, was way too submerged in Yomo and Maulkie to even listen to this when it came out.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Thun wrote:Why did you homos underrate the album in the first place? Too busy rocking out to Diamond Shell and Barsha?
Because The Low End Theory is still my favorite Tribe Called Quest album, and always will be imo the best record they ever made? Doesn't mean I was underrating it from the get go, but I've always felt this way. I actually prefer "Peoples" to Midnight Marauders depending on how I'm feeling... But they're all great albums obviously, if you don't think this album is classic then you aren't a Tribe fan. I agree with that.

Also, is "Peoples" your favorite Tribe album?

skizm

Post by skizm »

one of the best chillaxin' releases ever!