D. Geralds AKA Big Nel (from Da Natti)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Nav

D. Geralds AKA Big Nel (from Da Natti)

Post by Nav »

I never cared much about Talib and his "themes of revolutionary mentality, love, the state of hip hop, and modern African-American culture" but I gave Train of Thought/Reflection Eternal a spin a week back.

Nothing overwhelming but one track really stood out for me.

Big Nel from Da Natti f/ Big Nel

Instead of Africa, love and yada yada we got blunts, bitches and caddies. Plus a very nice mellow beat.

So my question is, who is Big Nel ? More material is welcomed.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

never followed up on him....he ripped his verse on that tho, no doubt...

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

Pretty sure his name is actually Big Del not Big Nel.

Sorry, but I've never heard of any solo releases from him, but I would like to hear any if there are. I'm not sure if it's the same guy but there's someone called "Big Del" on this song:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8gfgxayvko?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8gfgxayvko?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I would also would like to hear some solo shit from Piakhan off that album... I know he had at least one solo 12" release out there but never been able to find a link for it.

Nav

Post by Nav »

While he indeed says "Big D" on the track, the ID3 tags on the net all say Big Nel.

Someone who has Twitter should holla Talib about him.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Many of those MCs from Mood, Train Of THought and Hi-Teknology are somewhat hard to find, Big Del included. On that little interlude before the preceding banger "Touch You", I thought his flow sounded like he was just messin around. I couldn't tell what his rhyme style was like otherwise since that interlude is all I have to judge him by. Even though it's a short part between all the goodness of Train Of Thought, it's memorable. I look forward to hearing more from him, if he hasn't moved on to something else by now.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;