The Official Project Blowed/Good Life Appreciation Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

[quote="Skies The Limit"]Can any 1 help me out with these. Any help would be much appreciated and you would have done your good deed 4 the day. (big ups to Anthony 4 already granting some requests, yo big dog if you u got any of these let me know whats up)

RIFLEMAN - BULLET BULLETINS
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47QJFUJ0

Skies The Limit

Post by Skies The Limit »

Anthony wrote:
Skies The Limit wrote:Can any 1 help me out with these. Any help would be much appreciated and you would have done your good deed 4 the day. (big ups to Anthony 4 already granting some requests, yo big dog if you u got any of these let me know whats up)

Appreciate it holmes, but it says the file you are trying to download is temporarily unavailable.

Skies The Limit

Skies The Limit wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Skies The Limit wrote:Can any 1 help me out with these. Any help would be much appreciated and you would have done your good deed 4 the day. (big ups to Anthony 4 already granting some requests, yo big dog if you u got any of these let me know whats up)

Appreciate it holmes, but it says the file you are trying to download is temporarily unavailable.
Haha yeeyeah. I got it going now. Pure dopeness ! ! ! ! :spidey: I'm sensing you got a lot more dope shyt.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Jonny wrote:
Skies The Limit wrote:---------> Cve - Kaos Cou De Ta <---------

http://www.mediafire.com/?kzc45w7i2gi50tu
STL props for all the uploads! This particular record was the first CVE album I ever bought. Real good shit all together..
That's not really a CVE record at all, more a legion / chu chu record with afterlifers featured all over it; or more like a compilation

but it isn't really labeled a cve record

splitting hairs

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:
Jonny wrote:

STL props for all the uploads! This particular record was the first CVE album I ever bought. Real good shit all together..
That's not really a CVE record at all, more a legion / chu chu record with afterlifers featured all over it; or more like a compilation

but it isn't really labeled a cve record

splitting hairs
AFTERLIFE RECORDZ - KAOS COU DE TA

1 Riddlore? , Chung Chu* , Ellay Khule - Masta Blasta
Producer - Legion (3)
2 Riddlore? , Ngafsh97* , Ellay Khule - KKK/K
Drums [Live Drum Fills] - Quran
Producer - CVE*
Vocals [Hook] - Terra*
3 Riddlelord?, The* , Filet Of Soul (2) - The Art Of War
Producer - C.V.Ebowsis*
4 Private Fish* - One Man Riot
Producer - CVE*
5 Rhymen Ridd?* , JXL (3) , Ellay Khule - 19.9D666
Producer - HipHop Klan*
6 Rifleman, The* , Fu Man Chu* , Goodriddinz* - Fresh New Gun
Producer - Legion (3)
7 Ridd?* , JXL (3) , Wreccless , Terra* , Chu , Otherwize - Contrast
Producer - Legion (3)

-Your right it is a Afterlife compilation. It also seems that I am missing track 7 "Contrast" any chance you could upload it?

Skies The Limit

Great interview I came across pertaining to Rifleman, Hip Hop Kclan, and Project Blowed so I thought I would share it. Some name drops and interesting stories, check it out.

-Interview by Travis Jensen

I conducted the interview below back in 2001 when Khule and friends were in town for a show at the Justice League (now The Independent). I removed a couple questions that are no longer relevant, but otherwise this interview is raw and uncut. A much shorter and edited version of the interview later appeared in "Vapors Magazine, Issue 10" (Feb/Mar 2002). I remember this interview kicked up a lot of dust when it first dropped. Youג€™ll see why. There are a few places in the text where other people are speaking, and Iג€™ve noted that with their names, Pterradacto and JXL (former Hip Hop Kclan member). JXL had just finished serving a four year bid at the time of this interview. Now Iג€™ve interviewed tons of different people over the years, but this still stands as one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy!

So where are you originally from?

Born and raised in South Central Los Angeles.

What was it like growing up there?

It was wild, man! I went through so much crazy shit growing up in the inner-city of LA. It's the wildest. I wouldn't have changed nothing, though. It made me the person I am today. I went through a lot of crazy ass shit. I was shot at when I was eight years old, you know...drive byes, robbing cars at ten. I mean, shit, I was going through possibly everything you can think of growing up in the ghetto. South Central LA is one of the wildest places on earth, man. You saw the ג€˜92 riots, right? Yeah, we started that (laughs).

So how did you get into music?

My family is mostly all musicians, so it was just a natural progression for me to get into it, too. I've been rapping personally since like 1984? Maybe like two years after that I started getting a little bit more serious about it. My first two years was just freestyling and shit, you know.

Who were some of your earlier influences?

In hip-hop, my earlier infuences would have to be Run-DMC, Fat Boys, LL Cool J, UTFO, Whodini, Melly Mel, Kool Mo Dee, Chill Rob G, Just Ice and Kool G Rap.

So how did you get the name "Rifleman"?

Well, that actually has like two stories to it (laughs). There's a tame version and a wild version.

Whatג€™s the wild version?

The wild version derived from the ג€˜92 riots, Iג€™m gonna keep it real. We was fucking shit up in LA, doing our thing, and my sister came across some artillery. Then she gave it to my homeboy, but I took it from him like, "Naw, this is my shit, homie.ג€ You know, ג€œThis is my family, so I'm taking it." It ended up being a 30-ought-6 rifle. I started carrying it in the back of my trunk, rolling all through LA with that muthafucka. One night, we were out at some little hip-hop event and the homies was bagging on me saying, "This is the only fool that carry a 30-ought-6 rifle in his trunk. He also got that dimple in his chin and kinda' looks like Chuck Conners, too." They were like, "This muhfucka think he the Rifleman." I thought that shit sounded kinda' tight and was like, Iג€™m gonna flip it on all and just kept the name. It ended up being bigger than anything.

So you used to roll around town with a loaded rifle in your trunk?

Yup.

Pterra: He had it in a pool stick case. You would have thought he was a pool player.

I would be bringing it up to The Good Life and pulling it out in the parking lot and shitג€¦

JXL: Tell ג€˜em how that muhfucka soundג€¦

That shit sounded like a cannon.

JXL: BOOM! (laughs).

I had to lean up against the wall the first time I shot it, ג€˜cause people were telling me, "That shits got a hell of a kick," and I was like, "Okay-okay." So I leaned up against the wall in the backyard and Boooom! (laughs).

(Pictured above: Ellay Khule and Pterradacto)

So you go by both Ellay Khule and Rifleman?

Yeah, see really it's like two different entities. Rifleman, he's like a wild boy. He rides around bout-it, bout-it, you know, always ready to kick up some dirt. Ellay Khule, see, he's really on the more creative and innovative shit, you know, more progressive. I break their music into two separate categories.

Are you tight with everyone in Project Blowed?

Not really. What do you say when somebody let's you in, but it's not official? (Pause)

Pterra: Honorary.

Yeah, I would call them more honorary Project Blowed, because they didn't go through the thick and thin of what the real groups went through. We would all battle each other everyday. We would get teams up, like me and Aceyalone vs. Mike 9 and Riddlore. We would battle each other solo and in teams, all that shit. A lot of fools didn't have to go through that, like Acid Rain. Fuck it, I'm gonna call them out.

There was another group called Log Cabin. Some of them are now in Living Legends. We came with a crew called the Lumber Jacks and dismembered those muhfuckas. We were actually going up to them individually, riding on ג€˜em, you know? People always take this rap shit for just rap. We were the hard grain of The Good Life and Project Blowed and still are. We were the muhfuckas that didn't take no shit. Like if you talked shit, we was gonna fight, fuck it. Almost every time something happened, we were involved.

Yaג€™ll pretty much kicked them (Log Cabin) out of LA, right?

Naw, we just made them break up that group. We didn't really care if they left LA or not, because they would never come around that much anyway. We hardly ever saw them, but when we did, we would sweat ג€˜em like, "What's up? Ya'll some biting muhfuckas." We were like forget rapping at the time, we were gonna beat them up, really. That's why they broke their little crew up. But now, I'm cool with a couple of them. Some of them got their own style now. It took them a couple of years to actually break off and get something original.

Obviously, I know that it bothers you that people bite your style and all, but do you ever take it as a compliment?

It depends on who, what, when and where. I've gotta couple of homies that did a little of nibblization here and there and that's flattering to me, you know. But the whole thing that sets me off is when a muhfucka try to do my style, and then turn around and battle me with it. You know, you better give homage and bow down.

What other groups or crews are you affiliated with?

I'm affiliated with a lot of muhfuckas, but mostly Project Blowed: Hip Hop Klan - of course, Freestyle Fellowship, C.V.E., OMD, Legion, Cypher 7, ATU (Abstract Rude and Tribe Unique), Busdriver, Easty Boys, Rumble packג€¦I'm cool with the visionaries, Jurassic 5, Volume 10, Urban Props, Medusa, Solo, Feline Science, The Five Footers, Super Nat, Phoenix Orion. We even had affiliations back in the day with Korrupt. Who else? Um, Hobo Junction, The Living Legends, The Mystic Journeymen -- those are my folks right there! That's basically it.

What about The Pharcyde?

JXL: We punked The Pharcyde.

Pterra: Yeah, we beat them up.

JXL: It was all bullshit.

That was Wreccless. Wreccless was in Hip Hop Klan when he beat up Fat Lip.

When was this?

This was a few years back.

JXL: There was two of them though. We beat that nigga out his shirt and shoes. I socked him so hard that his sweater came off.

We did a lot of wild stuff, you know. We're actually living that real LA hip-hop life.

JXL: We some gangsters that rap, know what I mean?

Didnג€™t you and a couple other heads serve Eminem and his crew at The Good Life?

Naw, that was actually at Project Blowed. They were out here for a battle in LA. We served them. It was Thurston Howell, Wordsworth, a cat named Juice, Eminem and Quest the Mad Lab. They were battling against me, P.E.A.C.E, Othawize, Ridd and Aceyalone. We fuct ג€˜em up. We fuct them up bad. It was short and quick. They were begging us just to stop saying, "It wasn't supposed to be like this.." This was right after Othawize served up Eminem on a solo battle.

Who else have you served?

Damn, there's a lot of people. Shit, everybody we've came across. Collectively from the Blowed, we've probably served at least half of the industry. I remember when Abstract Rude served some of the Wu Tang Clan on the radioג€¦Capadona, I think?

Wasn't Killa Priest in it, too?

Killa Priest was probably in there. That was when the whole East Coast vs. West Coast thing was going on.

I heard you had some incident with Mobb Deep. What was all that about?

We pulled Mobb Deep from up off the stage at their show.

JXL: Oh my God! We took the microphones right out them niggas hands.

We took their Moet, too (laugh). They were trying to do that song ג€œLA LAג€ and we weren't having that shit. We had the whole crowd yelling, "WEST COAST! FUCK MOBB DEEP!" (laughs)

You pulled them off the stage at their own show?

We were on the edge of the stage and pulling on them muthafuckas, grabbing the mics and taking their Moet. Shit, they only like this tall (motions their height with his hands.)

JXL: We'll bang on whoever the fuck wants to try and fuck with us, end of story.

Did any of you ever get caught up gangbanging?

JXL: I did.

Not really banging, more personal shit. The problems we have are more on some personal shit. I've had to knock some people out at the Blowed, but that was on some personal rap shit. You know, battling, that shit gets serious. A lot of people don't realize how serious it is. They snatch the mic out of your hand and hit the top of your cap or some shit and itג€™s on.

Pterra: I don't care what the fuck you call me, but when niggas start touching me then I'm gonna touch ג€˜em back (laughs).

JXL: We fuck with everybody, homie. We fight with the police. We don't give a fuck. We fought the police at the Blowed.

Yeah, that shit was funny. For a while, the police were watching the Blowed. They had some people coming in there looking like hip-hoppers to see what was going on.

Pterra: They said we were communistsג€¦.

They had there little infiltrators coming in, but we knew what was going on. Then they started coming in to see if we were taking money, because it's supposed to be donations, and they would confiscate the money and little shit like that.

Pterra: Then one week they came in with a blow horn and told us to go home.

Everybody was like, "We ain't going nowhere!" There was like fifty officers there with their little gear on and they told us to walk down the street towards Crenshaw, but we kept saying we weren't gonna move.

How many people were there?

There were about fifty people in the action. A lot of people kept talking and talking, but when the police got closer they were gone. Those of us that were left started swinging, throwing chairs, tables and bottles and shit.

So it was like 25 on 25?

No, there were like 50 police officers and 25 of us. There were a lot of kids out there at first talking all that shit, but when it came down to it there wasn't that many of us.

Damn, that sounds crazy!

Whatג€™s in the future for you and the Hip Hop Klan?

Weג€™re just trying to expand and reach as many people worldwide as possible. Thatג€™s the goal right there.

Any last words?

Pick up on that Hip Hop Klan, Rifleman, Ellay Khule, Project Blowed and Afterlife shit. It's big, man. Get it before it gets you. We're the innovators of the fast, rodeo, chop, flip, twist or whatever you want to call style of rappin. We pioneered that shit.
Any shout outs?

Shout out's to all the hip-hoppers, my family -- my blood family and my hip-hop family, all the listeners. All the people that don't listen, start listening. (Laughs) Yeah, I'm giving them a shout out, too. Shout out to all the rockers, choppers, hip-hoppin', graffiti writing, Djing, spinning on they heads, scratch mastersג€¦all of ya'll! One love from the fastest gun in the west.

(Interview courtesy of http://www.travisjensensf.com)

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Skies The Limit wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Yea 4sho its a dope ass cd, I never get sick of hearing them. I'm saving all my other dope material for when this thread starts comin' super hard with uploads again (hope no ones running out). Also, if any of u cats out there can get a hold of anything on that list I made and post it, I'll kick it down Big Time.
I'll try to work on some of that maybe Thursday, I've got everything (except Gold Digger, of course)

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:
Skies The Limit wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Yea 4sho its a dope ass cd, I never get sick of hearing them. I'm saving all my other dope material for when this thread starts comin' super hard with uploads again (hope no ones running out). Also, if any of u cats out there can get a hold of anything on that list I made and post it, I'll kick it down Big Time.
I'll try to work on some of that maybe Thursday, I've got everything (except Gold Digger, of course)
That would be ill homeboi. I'm starting to think the illusive Gold Digger album is extinct, its definitely not floating around on the web, I even hit up Rid and he don't have a copy. Too bad curbserver isn't up anymore.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Skies The Limit wrote:
That would be ill homeboi. I'm starting to think the illusive Gold Digger album is extinct, its definitely not floating around on the web, I even hit up Rid and he don't have a copy. Too bad curbserver isn't up anymore.[/quote]

As far as I know it was listed as out of stock from day 1 on curbserver.com. I don't recall it ever being available on fool blown or anywhere else from back of the day; I have never heard it mentioned on people's trade lists from the old days; I have never heard it mentioned other than in reference to that out of stock listing from curbserver.

I half wonder if it was a retitled version of Jean in the Front Row or something. I have no idea honestly.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

CVE - HERE TODAY SONG TOMORROW
CVE - THE CUMM UP CONTINUES
CVE - PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL CHILLER

RIFLEMAN - BEYOND VS. RIFLEMAN
RIFLEMAN - MID EVIL (12")
RIFLEMAN - FEMININE WILDS
RIFLEMAN - SUMMA THIS & SUMMA THAT
RIFLEMAN - TARGET PRACTICE
RIFLEMAN VS BEOND - LYRICAL KNOCK OUTZ VOL 1
RIDDLORE - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW...TO MAKE IT BIG IN HIP HOP
http://www.sendspace.com/file/24e9h4

Here's one of the Riddlore's, looks like I need to re rip most of those (which I need to anyway...I like to keep backups of my afterlife CDRs, I learned the hard way with some of the old ones from fool blown)

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Brodhi feat NgaFsh, Rifleman - Midevil

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7951350444c566f7/

Forgot there was a b-side to this though, "for the hardcore fan" I don't have it ripped anywhere. Surely this can be found easily with google or soulseek?

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:Brodhi feat NgaFsh, Rifleman - Midevil

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7951350444c566f7/

Forgot there was a b-side to this though, "for the hardcore fan" I don't have it ripped anywhere. Surely this can be found easily with google or soulseek?
Props regardless. I have no clue as to how soulseek works but I'ma look around but wooord, keep em comin G!

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:

RIDDLORE - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW...TO MAKE IT BIG IN HIP HOP
http://www.sendspace.com/file/24e9h4

Here's one of the Riddlore's, looks like I need to re rip most of those (which I need to anyway...I like to keep backups of my afterlife CDRs, I learned the hard way with some of the old ones from fool blown)
Oh snap, word up bignormy good lookin homeboyy. Yeah, it is my policy to keep back ups I got my whole collection jacked and was assed out...til now :cheers:

True King

Post by True King »

anybody know this NgaFsh track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ek_jQ5Y3A8

Skies The Limit

daBay-2-daDam

Post by daBay-2-daDam »

has anyone been able to cop that new otherwize, point of view? i've listened to all of it on reverbnation and it is dope, especially that track with ab but I can't find it to buy or download anywhere

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

daBay-2-daDam wrote:has anyone been able to cop that new otherwize, point of view? i've listened to all of it on reverbnation and it is dope, especially that track with ab but I can't find it to buy or download anywhere
Use firefox downloadhelper and rename the .ocx file to .mp3, seems to work fine.

I'm dling it now

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c09pe0

Here's the otherwize, downloaded from reverbnation

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Skies The Limit wrote:
-Your right it is a Afterlife compilation. It also seems that I am missing track 7 "Contrast" any chance you could upload it?
Legion-07-Contrast.mp3 - 4.60MB

contrast

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Here are the 3 cv instrumental albums, serial chiller is one of my favorite beat cds ever, true classic cv sound, holds up well even without rhymes

Hopefully I can rip the others and up them tomorrow. By the way, have the chillzville 2007 mix and the music to be released 2004 cds been upped yet?

cve is pretty much my favorite group ever

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDRGLSJE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MHGAL3QO

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LT65V2JL

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Upping these now after all, plus LA Streetz Mixtape;

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03KBPAL9

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMLFFUQM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZV0K0OFD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YHNWRJ84

Rifleman presents : LA Streetz Mixtape vol 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSMPM148

daBay-2-daDam

Post by daBay-2-daDam »

hell ya thanks for the uploads bignormy

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

daBay-2-daDam wrote:hell ya thanks for the uploads bignormy
Here is the music to be released cd
http://rapidshare.com/files/331019139/C ... 04-FTD.rar

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:

Here are the 3 cv instrumental albums, serial chiller is one of my favorite beat cds ever, true classic cv sound, holds up well even without rhymes

Hopefully I can rip the others and up them tomorrow. By the way, have the chillzville 2007 mix and the music to be released 2004 cds been upped yet?

Your str8 up gansta with it homie, word to big normy!!!! :cheers: CVE is by far my all time favorite as well.
Last edited by Skies The Limit on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skies The Limit

Anthony wrote:
daBay-2-daDam wrote:hell ya thanks for the uploads bignormy
Here is the music to be released cd
http://rapidshare.com/files/331019139/C ... 04-FTD.rar
Yeah G, thats whats up!!!!

Skies The Limit

THIS IS THE DOPEST THREAD ON THE NET AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED. PROPS TO EVERYONE THAT CONTRIBUTED. WITHOUT THE HOMIES IN HERE I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO REBUILD MY COLLECTION. LETS KEEP IT GOING! :phila: :phila: :phila: :phila: :phila: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :ring:

Skies The Limit

bignormy wrote:

I need the chillzville 2007 mixtape, it's not up yet. If you could upload it that would be dope. Thanks for putting in work big dog.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Glad to see this thread is still going strong.

lpilgrm

Post by lpilgrm »

I threw up Freestyle Fellowship's Shockadoom. I didn't see it posted.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xwxl9s58wn3ss9b

Anybody hear their new track 'on this earth'? I thought the production was pretty mediocre. But I'm sure there will be at least a few good tracks on the new album.

king beef

Post by king beef »

Thanks lpilgrm 4 the Shockadoom, haven't heard it in awhile...