Ice Cube vrs Ice T

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

cenzi

Ice Cube vrs Ice T

Post by cenzi »

I was TRYING to listen to Cube's latest, and ended up just going through tons of old Cube shit through Grooveshark.

Anyways.. once I got to "Trespass", I realized just how much Cube killed Ice T on that track. Then I got to thinking that both Ice's are tremendously respected due to their back catalog.

Who made a bigger splash? Who put the west on the map? Who brought the fire harder?

and most importantly.. who fell off the hardest? Ice T in the Leprechaun series or Ice Cube in.. well.. everything post Friday.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

CUBE!!!!! O'shea all day!!!

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Don't really know or care who had a bigger impact, but Ice Cube definately has a better discography in my opinion. I'd rather listen to his first 2 albums and the Kill At Will EP before any Ice-T project. Ice-T is great as well though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

cube is def a better rapper

ice t's acting career >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cube's
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Cube in his prime shits all over Ice-t's whole career.
Yet somehow, Ice-t is much cooler on every other level.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

name one song by Ice Cube that was more powerful than Ice T's Colors.

Cube had some heavy albums, but Ice T had more impacting songs.

ral278

Post by ral278 »

cenzi wrote:name one song by Ice Cube that was more powerful than Ice T's Colors.

Cube had some heavy albums, but Ice T had more impacting songs.
WORD!

Thun

Post by Thun »

"Colors" is such a terrible song. Odd example.

aleph

Post by aleph »

Eggshells here. Isn't that LA's nat'l anthem?

Thun

Post by Thun »

aleph wrote:Eggshells here. Isn't that LA's nat'l anthem?
Exactly.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

New Jack Hustler was the better Soundtrack song in T's catalog.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

ice-t's power was and classic collection (a bootleg cd early of 80s material) were my first hip hop albums. he'll always have a special place for me :arrow:

Cube's definitely the better rapper but i think Ice T as a rapper aswell as his catalog in general are very underrated. a personal best of collection would have alot of tracks. Power was one of the best albums from 88 wich was a very strong year album wise imo. and i can still listen to that stuff.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

I think that Ice Cube's first three albums are far superior than anything in Ice-T's catalog but I find myself listening to Ice-T songs a lot more..."6 N Tha Mornin'," "I'm Your Pusher," etc etc.

:ardy:

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Thun wrote:"Colors" is such a terrible song. Odd example.
you are odd. Colors didn't make ripples in the water, it blew a fuckin sinkhole into predominantly white cul de sacs everywhere.

vaginafinda

Post by vaginafinda »

biggest impact?
Ice-T created the foundation, Cube and NWA made the impact. so Cube definitely...

better rapper? Cube

better catalogue? Cube

who fell off the hardest? do u mean with their craft as musicians, or with their careers? Cube felll off wit his craft, while Ice-T didnt. Ice-T fell off with his career, but Cube didnt...

MF ZACK

Post by MF ZACK »

As far as music Cube wins. As far as acting Ice T wins. I take T's roles more serious. Cube just plays the same role in damn near all of his movies. Also, I think Cude definietly fell off harder. Either way I can't see either one of them making a dope album again.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

New question: which one is more ironic? Cube doing Hollywood after "burning it down"? or cop-killer Ice T being a boy in blue?

vaginafinda

Post by vaginafinda »

cenzi wrote:New question: which one is more ironic? Cube doing Hollywood after "burning it down"? or cop-killer Ice T being a boy in blue?
lol, ice-t definitely

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Arguing for Ice-T in this straight up comical. Come on, dude. Admit you're just stirring the pot with this one.
"colors" was a popular song. But it's impact (on a musical level, not pop level) was nothing compared to Both NWA and the reaction to when "Amerikka's most wanted" dropped. People lost their shit nationwide when it hit. Colors was some song from some movie that a bunch of people liked. Huge difference.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Blockhead wrote:Arguing for Ice-T in this straight up comical. Come on, dude. Admit you're just stirring the pot with this one.
agreed.