What Happened To The T.R.O.Y. Blog?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

that is dope...wooooooooo

Verge

Post by Verge »

Those youtube channels like aReal's, Crime Fam's, and even Mad Human's have been helpful to myself and many others(whether they admit it or not, nobody knows everything) as far as being able to preview something before paying stupid dollars for it. I would not have bought quite a few records without hearing them first, so thanks for having those youtube channels and I'm sorry to see you're losing them.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava wrote:we got shut down because we had something like 6+ violations since doing the blog and Google only allows so much.
surprised you got flagged at all, was it mostly for newer stuff/sounds like the 90s?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote:
Philaflava wrote:we got shut down because we had something like 6+ violations since doing the blog and Google only allows so much.
surprised you got flagged at all, was it mostly for newer stuff/sounds like the 90s?
The sample shit was a prob. Marvin Gaye type shit.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

oooh yeah that makes sense
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Verge

Post by Verge »

Yeah, it sucks cause they were older posts that we got flagged for like a year or more after they were posted. I started just labeling shit as "original sample source" so it wouldn't come up on google. But there's no way we could have went back to every post where we thought the artist's company might complain.
Marvin Gaye, that was kinda asking for it, but of course when Roy Johnson posted that, all of this shit wasn't going on too tough yet.
But yeah, for others that post sample type shit, don't use the artist's name in your actual blog post or you're gonna get hit.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

kotep wrote:nice!! cant stop this everr....they can try but they cant.....other countries have other laws
My fellow countryman, Canada is about to implement a new law on copyright infringement. As of now, downloading music is legal in Canada but uploading it isn't. Apparently that's going to change in the next couple of years. You heard anything about this?

Verge

Post by Verge »

There's a lot of laws in the works but I'm not up on all that legal beagle mumbo jumbo big word nerd shit. My lady is always telling me about stuff that the FCC/RIAA/DMCA are trying to do but it's too much for my feeble burned out mind to sort all out.
Does what aReal was talking about have anything to do with that "Net Neutrality" stuff?
Ehh, whatever, TROY blog will back any day soon, better than ever.

-SyLar-

Post by -SyLar- »

I dont take them laws seriously because everyone is downloading music nowadays. They would have to arrest the planet! Wordddd

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Verge wrote:There's a lot of laws in the works but I'm not up on all that legal beagle mumbo jumbo big word nerd shit. My lady is always telling me about stuff that the FCC/RIAA/DMCA are trying to do but it's too much for my feeble burned out mind to sort all out.
Does what aReal was talking about have anything to do with that "Net Neutrality" stuff?
Ehh, whatever, TROY blog will back any day soon, better than ever.
Net Neutrality is a broad-based idea that represents many issues. For one, the idea of prohibiting ISP's "from blocking, speeding up or slowing down Web content based on its source, ownership or destination." Right now there is too much influence in too few hands and no checks and balances. Any S&D or court order will result in permanent loss of content, regardless of any judiciary process - it's unconstitutional in my opinion. As the internet was a free-for-all on our behalf in the beginning, it is now a free-for-all for anyone with big-money interests and political pull (i.e. major media, government officials, etc). The idea is freedom of information and expression is something no one can take away from us. Sure they can claim they are fighting piracy and increasing net security and function, but what they are doing is creating a divide where they don't hold any of the cards. Hell, with the price of 1Tb harddrives dropping to almost $50, I just might send my whole mp3 collection to my entire family and friends for Christmas (I kid of course). But the idea is the same. You wanna bring the issue to a head and there will be thousands of encrypted FTP sites picking up the void left behind.

Update: Looks like the front page to the blog is published. :gyeah:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

we'll be tweaking it a lot before we officially debut so hold tight.

King Tron 1

Post by King Tron 1 »

take your time, I'm pretty sure that when it is up and runnin we'll all forget these few miniscule moments when we didn't have it

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

aREAL wrote:
serch4beatz wrote:well you knowwwwwwww mp3 hosting on a video site is kinda..strange dont you think?
Strange? You got a strange view on that, that is all I got to say.

On another note:

"In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week.
This law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US."
No way that will get passed, because youtube as a whole would fall under that, as many other websites.