True Master: The Truest - choice productions comp

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Joneski

True Master: The Truest - choice productions comp

Post by Joneski »

True Master (government name Derek Harris) always stood out from the rest of the Wu-Tang production team to my ears. Surpassed perhaps only by the RZA at his peak, this god reigns supreme over nearly everyone in the Wu beatmaking camp.

For your listening pleasure - and mine - I have compiled the ultimate two-disc anthology.

As I write this, I realise that someone has already compiled a similar total-discography-mixtape in three parts, "The Swordz Of A True Master" http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53389
However, I chose to forgoe a completist approach when compiling this compilation - choosing instead to select only the best tracks. Some didn't make the cut. I have also put a great deal of effort and attention into their sequencing. That said, keep in mind that most of these songs were originally intended to be parts of their respective albums. In other words - there's alot of spoken-word intros and outros, movie dialogue, songs leading into or out of other songs, and other random skit filler.

So, here you go - this is for all my true beat heads and for anyone that didn't realise who was the man behind absolute Wu-classics like "Fish", "Slang Editorial", "The M.G.M.", etc.

All files are tagged and 192 kbps or better.

True Master: The Truest (Part One)
http://www.mediafire.com/?070mbzvv5pah775

1. Cappadonna feat. Method Man - "Milk The Cow" (The Pillage - 1998)
2. Ghostface Killah feat. Cappadonna, Raekwon - "Fish" (Ironman - 1996)
3. Inspectah Deck - "R.E.C. Room" (Uncontrolled Substance - 1999)
4. GZA - "Alphabets" (Pro Tools - 2008)
5. RZA feat. Ghostface Killah - "Fast Cars" (Birth Of A Prince - 2003)
6. Ol' Dirty Bastard - "All In Together Now" (Nigga Please - 1999)
7. U-God - "Dat's Gangsta" (Golden Arms Redemption - 1999)
8. Wu-Tang Clan - "The M.G.M." (Wu-Tang Foerever - 1997)
9. Method Man feat. Cho-Lo - "Killin' Fields" (Tical 2000: Judgement Day - 1998)
10. Cappadonna - "Slang Editorial" (The Pillage - 1998)
11. Killah Priest feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard - "If You Don't Know" (Heavy Mental - 1998)
12. Method Man feat. Cappadonna, Streetlife - "Sweet Love" (Tical 2000: Judgement Day - 1998)
13. Wu-Tang Clan - "What You In Fo'" (Oz soundtrack - 2001)
14. Afu-Ra feat. RZA - "Dangerous Language" (Life Force Radio - 2002)
15. Masta Killa feat. Killah Priest, Method Man - "Secret Rivals" (No Said Date - 2004)
16. Ghostface Killah feat. Trife - "Biscuits" (The Pretty Toney Album - 2004)
17. Cappadonna - "Splish Splash" (The Pillage - 1998)
18. Sunz Of Man feat. Raekwon, U-God - "Intellectuals" (The Last Shall Be First - 1998)
19. Killah Priest feat. Inspectah Deck, GZA - "Cross My Heart" (Heavy Mental - 1998)
20. Wu-Tang Clan - "Heaterz" (Wu-Tang Forever - 1997)

True Master: The Truest (Part Two)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5vd5r8u3kis336u

1. True Master - "Who's The Truest" (GURU Presents Ill Kid Records compilation - 1995)
2. Method Man feat. Streetlife - "Grid Iron Rap" (Tical 2000: Judgement Day - 1998)
3. Sunz Of Man feat. True Master, Method Man - "Collaboration '98" (The Last Shall Be First - 1998)
4. Cappadonna feat. Raekwon, Method Man - "Dart Throwing" (The Pillage - 1998)
5. Ol' Dirty Bastard - "Brooklyn Zoo" (co-produced by Ol' Dirty Bastard) (Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version - 1995)
6. Wu-Tang Clan - "The Abduction" (Tony Touch: The Piece Maker compilation - 2000)
7. Killah Priest feat. Tekitha - "One Step" (Heavy Mental - 1998)
8. GURU feat. Mica Paris - "Looking Through Darkness" (Jazzmatazz Vol. 2: The New Reality - 1995)
9. Cilvaringz - "Damascus" (I - 2007)
10. RZA - "Tragedy" (co-produced by RZA) (Rhyme & Reason soundtrack - 1997)
11. 9th Prince feat. Killarmy - "Slang Killaz" (Granddaddy Flow - 2003)
12. Masta Killa feat. Inspectah Deck, GZA - "Silverbacks" (No Said Date - 2004)
13. Cappadonna feat. Ghostface Killah - "Supermodel" (The Yin And The Yang - 2001)
14. Wu-Tang Clan - "Y'all Been Warned" (Iron Flag - 2001)
15. Method Man - "Torture" (Tical 2000: Judgement Day - 1998)
16. U-God feat. Leatha Face, Inspectah Deck, Method Man - "Rumble" (Golden Arms Redemption - 1999)
17. Cappadonna - "Supa Ninjaz" (The Pillage - 1998)
18. Fabidden - "High Energy" (GURU Presents Illkid Records compilation - 1995)
19. Method Man & Ricky Watters - "It's In The Game" (NFL Jams compilation - 1996)
20. Inspectah Deck feat. LA The Darkman - "Lovin' You" (Uncontrolled Substance - 1999)

:wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang:
Last edited by Joneski on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

:cheers:

Great post, my man!

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Thanks for this, will download later.

I had no idea he did Decks's Lovin' You, that is a very nice beat.

Always loved Fish and Heaterz, truely dope beats.

I think he knew Jeru somehow, I wish Jeru would've hit him up for some beats.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

kartman

Post by kartman »

Thank you kind sir!

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Thanks Joneski. Agree with you he's a slept on producer, no doubt, but so is 4th disciple. Sometimes, Rza is outshined, even at his reign period, 93-96. Slang editorial is a good example, Fish is another. But so is Killarmy first LP. Rza is way behind 4th on the boards !
Thanks for this. If by chance you have the vol 3 of Swords of a master, i'll be happier !
Props

Joneski

Post by Joneski »

Thereallex wrote:Agree with you he's a slept on producer, no doubt, but so is 4th disciple.
Oh, no question bro. Even the Master himself would be quick to tell you 4th is NICE with his shit. Yeah, that first Killarmy has some joints that are just fuckin ridiculous. Like I said though, something about True Master's beats just constantly stood out to me for some reason. His sound always seemed highly personalized and distinct.

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

True, plus looks for the raw hip hop drums, with no care at all for a radio release or commercial focus. just making it raw and raping your eardrums with his hard hitting pattrens mixed with crystal light soul samples.

Tru master and 4th are top dogs, way ahead of mathematics, which maybe should have sticked to djing, even thiugh some tracks are just ok sometimes

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Damn, I haven't checked this site out in awhile, but Joneski, you made my day with this post! Also, I've always felt that True Master was a more than capable MC and has dropped his fair share of banging verses. On tracks like Hidden Emotions (gravediggaz), Army Brickaid (royal fam) and his own rugged solo joint "Who's The Truest". His latest project with KRS was excellent as well.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!