Ice-T on Oprah Winfrey show 1990

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

foobar

Ice-T on Oprah Winfrey show 1990

Post by foobar »

This is awesome!

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5fO-KzW1YXw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5fO-KzW1YXw?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2QYCV0hQII?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2QYCV0hQII?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4n9xf0HJTs?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4n9xf0HJTs?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1_dl3ROH7E?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1_dl3ROH7E?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Thun

Post by Thun »

:ohsh:

Ice-T's fine ass girlfriend getting into the argument.

SO MUCH thinly veiled white racism.

Juan Williams is a fucking faggot and Tipper Gore is worthless, lying piece of shit.

Jello Biafara, ICe-T, and Nelson George FTW

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Thanks for the post foobar--I don't think I'd seen this before. This should be blogged on TROY, btw. I'd gladly do it.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I think this had already been posted elsewhere on the forum, but yea it's incredible. Jello Biafra makes complete fools of the would-be censors, digging up reactionary PMRC fundraising sources and all that...

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Versive wrote:I think this had already been posted elsewhere on the forum, but yea it's incredible. Jello Biafra makes complete fools of the would-be censors, digging up reactionary PMRC fundraising sources and all that...
Nah I think it was Ice-T on Arsenio or something like that. And yeah, I think Jello was my favorite speaker out of that. Either him or Nelson.

Zeed Stun

Post by Zeed Stun »

jello biafra :copy:

the 90's were weird man.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Man, Tipper Gore is such a cunt.

AlienNationRadio

Post by AlienNationRadio »

Thanks for the post, foobar.

foobar

Post by foobar »

np guys!

Thun

Post by Thun »

Zeed Stun wrote:jello biafra :copy:

the 90's were weird man.
This was '89 I think, but yeah. Youngins have no idea.

step one

Post by step one »

the 90's were weird man.
The music was in much better shape when artists werent worried about pissing off the cheque writers. These days 99% of rappers shy away from anything that remotely resembles an opinion for fear of offending Jimmy Iovine or Lyor Cohen.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Thun

Post by Thun »

step one wrote:

the 90's were weird man.
The music was in much better shape when artists werent worried about pissing off the cheque writers. These days 99% of rappers shy away from anything that remotely resembles an opinion for fear of offending Jimmy Iovine or Lyor Cohen.
Sure but in all fairness high ranking politicians aren't creating campaign platforms that center around attacking rap music anymore, so the opportunity for the kinds of confrontations that PE, Ice-T, Sista Souljah, and others experienced 20 years ago isn't really there. People are way more familiar with rap nowadays, it doesn't scare the shit out of middle American crackers like it used to.

siderealist

Post by siderealist »

Juan: Y'know I just think that's such a low kind of attitude...
Ice: Lets get LOW Juan

step one

Post by step one »

Thun wrote:
step one wrote:

the 90's were weird man.
Sure but in all fairness high ranking politicians aren't creating campaign platforms that center around attacking rap music anymore, so the opportunity for the kinds of confrontations that PE, Ice-T, Sista Souljah, and others experienced 20 years ago isn't really there. People are way more familiar with rap nowadays, it doesn't scare the shit out of middle American crackers like it used to.
Fair point. The Minstrel Show isn't as threatening as The Black Panthers though.
Corporate America took a 'cant beat em join em' approach though. They dished out big contracts, endorsements and sponsorship deals and eventually had rappers pandering to their ideals rather than standing against them.

"Sure you could make a song about corrupt police officers or slavemasters but if you make an extended jingle about our liquor or sneakers then we can probably sell more of that"

I like the songs about liquor and snekaers, Im just saying -rap lost.

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Good shit!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

i gotta say, 20 years later, the censors were right haha
they didn't fully have a grasp on shit and went about it in the entirely wrong way, but pop culture definitely has a negative effect on youth. you just can't deny it.

step one

Post by step one »

nickwoj wrote:i gotta say, 20 years later, the censors were right haha
they didn't fully have a grasp on shit and went about it in the entirely wrong way, but pop culture definitely has a negative effect on youth. you just can't deny it.
It depends what issues pop culture is addressing. If you listended to 'Nation Of Millions' or 'Death Certificate' when you were growing up I wouldnt say that would necessarily have a negative influence, whereas 'The Marshall Mathers LP' or 'Get Rich Or Die Trying' might do.

Versive

Post by Versive »

step one wrote:
It depends what issues pop culture is addressing. If you listended to 'Nation Of Millions' or 'Death Certificate' when you were growing up I wouldnt say that would necessarily have a negative influence, whereas 'The Marshall Mathers LP' or 'Get Rich Or Die Trying' might do.
Nah, I disagree. Kids who are going to act insane will do so regardless of the music they hear, movies they watch, video games they play, etc.

Beavis and Butthead didn't make that kid microwave his neighbor's cat. Being a fucking sociopath did.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Fuck censorship, police your kids and stop infringing on free speech assholes.

step one

Post by step one »

Versive wrote:
step one wrote:
Nah, I disagree. Kids who are going to act insane will do so regardless of the music they hear, movies they watch, video games they play, etc.
yeah, I agree with that up to a point which is why I said 'might do'.
if a kids a sociopath, Eminem cosigning the behaviour (which in the kids eyes he is) might not help things.

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

i'm not saying i believe in censorship whatsoever. i definitely don't. i'm just sayin i was in a position to listen to o.g. original gangster on the school bus every day in 3rd grade (which i did) and not be affected by it, but now that i'm 30 i can see that a lot of kids in certain positions can be negatively effected by an artist like waka flaka or 50 cent. it's not these artists' fault and they shouldn't change. however, i can totally understand why older folks feel the way they do about shit like that, even though i don't feel that way.

Versive

Post by Versive »

nickwoj wrote:i'm not saying i believe in censorship whatsoever. i definitely don't. i'm just sayin i was in a position to listen to o.g. original gangster on the school bus every day in 3rd grade (which i did) and not be affected by it, but now that i'm 30 i can see that a lot of kids in certain positions can be negatively effected by an artist like waka flaka or 50 cent. it's not these artists' fault and they shouldn't change. however, i can totally understand why older folks feel the way they do about shit like that, even though i don't feel that way.
If your child is exclusively listening to Waka or 50 it is your responsibility as a parent to play that little fucker some Wu-Tang.

Thun

Post by Thun »

LOL@ 4 elements REEL HOP HIP types turning into conservative republicans once they turn 30.

step one

Post by step one »

Thun wrote:LOL@ 4 elements REEL HOP HIP types turning into conservative republicans once they turn 30.
cant fight it man

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

TheBigSleep wrote:Fuck censorship, police your kids and stop infringing on free speech assholes.
Exactly!

It's ALWAYS a parents responsibility, period. The parents who complain about Rap music and other "bad influences" are the parents who are not good parents so they need something/someone else to blame even though they are the ones who are at fault. Real talk.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."