damn, tracey lee and the reepz still doin their thing!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

soopacee

damn, tracey lee and the reepz still doin their thing!

Post by soopacee »

i know this isnt really "troy" ish.....but true heads know

shit is on point too.....glad to see not all the older school cats dont fall off or fall "wack"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB0XZizru5o
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MB0XZizru5o?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MB0XZizru5o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

better than his older stuff

step one

Post by step one »

Didnt he become a lawyer or something?

I really liked The Theme when it came out. Shame he never really managed to follow it.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

step one wrote:Didnt he become a lawyer or something?

I really liked The Theme when it came out. Shame he never really managed to follow it.
This.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Anyone one got a good quality version of 'Showtime' by Tracey Lee? It was on a DJ Chill Will tape, track was pretty dope-quality sucks on the rip I have though. Road To The Riches break.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

step one

Post by step one »

shadowmaster wrote:Anyone one got a good quality version of 'Showtime' by Tracey Lee? It was on a DJ Chill Will tape, track was pretty dope-quality sucks on the rip I have though. Road To The Riches break.
Ive got a bootleg 12" with a few Tracey Lee tracks - cant remember whats on it though. I'll have a look.

Legendary

Post by Legendary »

track aint too bad.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

step one wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:Anyone one got a good quality version of 'Showtime' by Tracey Lee? It was on a DJ Chill Will tape, track was pretty dope-quality sucks on the rip I have though. Road To The Riches break.
Ive got a bootleg 12" with a few Tracey Lee tracks - cant remember whats on it though. I'll have a look.
Thanks man.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Good stuff, way better than expected.

Did his second album ever leak? I remember seeing a bunch of ads for it (maybe even a review?) in the Source back in '99.

step one

Post by step one »

shadowmaster wrote:
step one wrote:
Thanks man.
no joy im afraid - its got 'Same Ole Shit' and 'T.R.A.C.E.Y.L.E.E' on there

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Debonair_P wrote:Good stuff, way better than expected.

Did his second album ever leak? I remember seeing a bunch of ads for it (maybe even a review?) in the Source back in '99.
Yeah it did.. "Live From The 215", right? I have it somewhere. I don't really remember, but I don't think it was very good.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

step one wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:
step one wrote:
Thanks man.
no joy im afraid - its got 'Same Ole Shit' and 'T.R.A.C.E.Y.L.E.E' on there
OK, thanks though, I'll post that track later in case someone recognizes it by a different name.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

PopsUK wrote:

Yeah it did.. "Live From The 215", right? I have it somewhere. I don't really remember, but I don't think it was very good.
Yeah, that's the one! I would really appreciate it if you could share that... his first album was something of a guilty pleasure and I always wondered about the second one. Thanks if you can!

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9khau0

it's a dope track, check it out.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Debonair_P wrote:
PopsUK wrote:

Yeah, that's the one! I would really appreciate it if you could share that... his first album was something of a guilty pleasure and I always wondered about the second one. Thanks if you can!
Here you go... I'm not sure of the sound quality or really if this is the full album, but this is what I found on my computer. Hope it's what you're looking for...

http://www.zshare.net/download/88282491c763b63d/

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Thanks a lot PopsUK! The album isn't bad at all - some atrocious commercial tracks typical of the era (and some desparate attempts to make another "The Theme"), but enough decent joints to make it worthwhile.

One thing though - 'City To City' is almost an exact replica of the Grav song of the same name... weird.

:cheers: