Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Verge

Post by Verge »

No prob.

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

aleph wrote:
Verge wrote:Treats comin soon famalam, real soon.. :gyeah:
Courtesy of nobs & steve, re-rip of 1995 demo show first posted by serch4beatz last yr. Missing first hour; caught last part of Mighty Mi set, followed by the Oreo Cookies. Possible date: March 23, 1995.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WRFYBMOU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6R7P0V7X

After the last track on Steveג€™s tape (Bring It On) presumably there was at least another hour or so of the show. From my own tape of that night I have SOMג€™s Cab Fare followed by the Organized set at Rocksteady ג€™94, which I include herewith. There were other joints but nothing that isnג€™t available elsewhere, i.e. Juggaknotsג€™ Clear Blue Skies, El-P & J-Treds freestyle from 94, more of the KMEL Casual/Saafir battle.
Wow, dirty dusty gems on this night..That demo version of
MF Grimm - 'Do It For The Kids' has a different hook and I can't remember hearing this El-Swift track on any other night..Props!
The more Bobbito demo nights the better.

Chris_the_vinylist

Post by Chris_the_vinylist »

The promo session is ill, beautiful tracks. The MF Grimm track "Do it for the kids" is like on the "Scars and Memories LP", the demo by L-Swift is dope and of course Bobbito himself as a MC with his Cenubites and much more! Big thanks for the rip!

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

I know the CM Fams should prob go in a different thread, but this is a show from October 26, 2000,
(bobbito's 10th year on air) and he plays about an hour worth of his favorite demos throughout the years.
Most of them you are all probably familiar with (organized, black clouds, j-treds demo, etc), but maybe some u haven't..

CM 10-26-2000
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9E3GXMKU

aleph

Post by aleph »

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

SnBShowCollector wrote:I was wondering, does anyone have the Hot 97 show where this Non Phixion freestyle comes from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6kaDztt_w

I posted the show with the 4th Chamber freestyle a while back.
Enough with the Non-Phixion requests :naswtf:

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Chris_the_vinylist wrote:The promo session is ill, beautiful tracks. The MF Grimm track "Do it for the kids" is like on the "Scars and Memories LP"
I stand corrected..Was always used to the 12 single version.

SnBShowCollector

Post by SnBShowCollector »

my bad about posting so many non phixion requests. im a big fan of non phixion and ever since i found this forum, ive been excited because im a huge fan of underground and old school hip hop.

aleph

Post by aleph »

SnBShowCollector wrote:im a big fan of non phixion
No, really? What gave you away?

nobs

Post by nobs »

my friend went into Fat Beats in like 97 and asked for "Non Fix e onay" in a French accent...

he was serious

aleph

Post by aleph »

^But was he French?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Hahaa.. Yeah, I remember first seeing it spelled like that, I think everyone did a double take.
HecticEclectic wrote:
Chris_the_vinylist wrote:The promo session is ill, beautiful tracks. The MF Grimm track "Do it for the kids" is on the "Scars and Memories LP"
I stand corrected..Was always used to the 12 single version.
Yeah man, this was another big demo i was looking for for years until he finally put it on that Scars n Memories LP. Wouldn't think that the kid on the hook would make such a difference, but it really does. (anyone gotta copy for a fair price let me know, i bought the cd when it dropped, didn't know it was on vinyl til recently and can't find a copy for under $50)

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

Thanks to the usual suspects for the latest flood of shows. And props to Verge for compiling all those demos once again. A Kid Hood demo, who would have thought.. Thanks!

aleph

Post by aleph »

Sept. 29, 1994. Guests: Money Boss Players, DJ Riz, DJ Eclipse, DJ A-Vee. Peace to nobs and Steve Brock

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VI20FQVQ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GA2MCGSB
Last edited by aleph on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrkhrum

Post by mrkhrum »

as always, good looks to the usual suspects for all the cold cabury'n going on around here...anyone have an id for the track at the beginning of Part 2 of June 25, 98 that gets cut off...'277 my cerebellum?!' sounds like maybe a keith or menelik joint...

Verge

Post by Verge »

^I can't find that night in my hd. I have 06/04/98 and 06/18/98 but 06/25/98. Can you tell me exactly how it's labeled in your computer so i can search better for it please?

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

yo verge, im surprised that Lord Digga Stretch & Bob show didnt come up yet.
it seems everybody got the shows they always wanted and urs havent come yet. i guess thats the next golden nugget to un-earth!
"Rap is something u do, Hip-Hop is something u live"

nobs

Post by nobs »

BrandanEvans wrote:yo verge, im surprised that Lord Digga Stretch & Bob show didnt come up yet.
it seems everybody got the shows they always wanted and urs havent come yet. i guess thats the next golden nugget to un-earth!
i wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in that batch

nobs

Post by nobs »

not only was Steve Brock ahead of the game listening to S&B in the early 90s but he also plays catch with Reggie Jackson

all hail Steve

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 6&comments

mrkhrum

Post by mrkhrum »

Verge wrote:^I can't find that night in my hd. I have 06/04/98 and 06/18/98 but 06/25/98. Can you tell me exactly how it's labeled in your computer so i can search better for it please?
6-25-98 B

Verge

Post by Verge »

mrkhrum wrote:
Verge wrote:^I can't find that night in my hd. I have 06/04/98 and 06/18/98 but 06/25/98. Can you tell me exactly how it's labeled in your computer so i can search better for it please?
6-25-98 B
Sorry man, can't find that one at all.

aleph

Post by aleph »

^I listened to it. It's not a track, it's just part of a mic break w/Bobbito making reference to a lyric that goes "277 my cerebellum". Also, that mic break (which lasts for 10 seconds at most) is most definitely from another show. Bomba probably recorded over the rest of it with the 6/25/98 show, and I forgot to delete that little bit when I ripped it.

EDIT: The show in question can be found here:

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 55#2118355

Verge

Post by Verge »

Thanks aleph. Even though it wasn't my request, it was still irking me that i couldn't find the show. heh

Verge

Post by Verge »

mrkhrum wrote:What's up Aleph...yeah I knew it was just a snippet from a mic break but thought maybe someone could id the track they're clowning over...you can hear hear someone start rhyming "277 my cerebellum..." sounds like maybe Kool Keith? You can also hear someone talking with Bob, Stretch, and Sear about how he doesn't have any cosmic rhymes...anyway, thanks for checking it out.
Yeah man, I finally got to give it a listen too and I don't think that's Keith talking. The beat... I'm not sure, sorry.
Kreator wrote:11.06.1995 - what is the first joint with cuts fom mortal combat game ? i dont remember.. i think is sum wu ish but im not sure.. Verge ? Aleph ? Anyone ?
serch4beatz wrote:just judging from your "mortal kombat" reference i would guess its soul kid klik - mortal combat
Yes it is. But the show date is 11/16/95. I double checked because I figured if it wasn't the Soul Kid shit than it probably would have been the NE "I Got Your Heart" shit. I think that's Mortal Kombat samples they use on that too...

gonna do a clean up in this thread by the end of the week, you know the drilly.

SnBShowCollector

what beat is used for the necro freestyle on may 15, 1997?

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

SnBShowCollector wrote:what beat is used for the necro freestyle on may 15, 1997?
Cage - Radiohead

SnBShowCollector

ok thanks. i heard rumors of that freestyle but i thought they were just that: rumors

aleph

Post by aleph »

January 22, 1998. Guests: M.O.P., Saukrates, Choclair, Afrolistic, DJ Homicide. Brought to you by nobs and Steve Brock. Shout out to Nes for the id'ing the date.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7VCWD9J
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IAO6HBGN
Last edited by aleph on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnBShowCollector

anyone know which show the 1997 necro, cage, big hassle and tek freestyle comes from?

Verge

Post by Verge »

SnBShowCollector wrote:anyone know which show the 1997 necro, cage, big hassle and tek freestyle comes from?
I think it's a promo. Let me know if you need it, I have it somewhere. Not sure on the date.