Rap Memorabilia (stickers, flyers, promo material, etc..)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

kevin beacham

Rap Memorabilia (stickers, flyers, promo material, etc..)

Post by kevin beacham »

Figured some of you hear might appreciate this. I dug thru my collection and put together 30 limited edition packs of a collection of stuff. Peep the science here if you are so inclined:

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/blog/ ... r-limited/

Feature trinkets from Wild Pitch Records, Big Pun, Wu-Tang Clan, Main Source, Big L, Vooodu!, Beastie Boys, Chino XL, Guru, Pharaohe Monch, Outsidaz, Micranots, 75 Ark, N-Tyce, Ghosface, Lugz, Arsonists, X-ecutioners, Wake UP Show, Hood Rat Records, Styles Of Beyond, Lords Of The Underground, EL-P, Reflection Eternal, Tommy Boy, Sonic Sum, King Just, Don Jagwarr, Rawkus, and much more

Bonus Items Options: Ultramagnetics MCs, Organized Konfusion, Kwest The Madd Ladd, Diamond D, Ras Kass, Street Military, 8Off The Assassin, All City, Godfather Don, Mos Def, Prince Paul, Mannish, Troubleneck Brothers, Ruthless Records, Mother Superia, Hyenas Of The Desert, Grav, Greenhouse Effect, Mass Hysteria, Aphillyation, J Live, Anticon, Cannibal Ox, Cage, Grav, Busta Rhymes, The Great Deity Dah, Saul Williams, and many more possibilities

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Nice. Here's L's Columbia promo sticker:

Tim Burton

Post by Tim Burton »

oh man...wish I lived in Minni!!

Verge

Post by Verge »

Good shit Kev and TBS. Let's make this official, anyone else feel free to add on pics of any dope rap memorabilia you got.

glavet

Post by glavet »

Putting together a mural of sorts with all the stickers I've collected over the years. It's no where near finished...I might have to see if I can grab one of those on Friday

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Verge wrote:Good shit Kev and TBS. Let's make this official, anyone else feel free to add on pics of any dope rap memorabilia you got.
:cheers:

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

thanks. cool stuff.

grass

Post by grass »

So glad I saw this thread. After a clusterfuck of logins that didnt work I managed to cop a set. Just like glavet I got a mural thing going on.
Fuck that Serato MP3 shit! Keep it dusty!!!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I've lost a lot of stuff over the years, but here is some memoribilia I still have...some of these are in poor condition because they were in storage and had things thrown on top of them.

Q-Tip, Tash and Mos Def-"Bodyrock" Promo Cassingle (1997)

ATCQ-Beats, Rhymes and Life Promo Poster 1996.

De La Soul's first ever NZ tour poster...

De La Soul-Stakes Is High Promo Poster

De La Soul-Stakes Is High Release Party, Wellington, NZ (1996)

Wellington, NZ WTC-Forever Release Party (1997)

Massive Attack Promo Tape (1990)

Public Enemy First Ever NZ Tour Poster-Signed by Flavor Flav

PE-Fear Of A Black Planet Tour T-Shirt Signed by Flav 1990.

Flyer for my old Hip Hop Radio Show, The Weds Nite Jam, Wellington, NZ-1991

KRS ONE-I Got Next Release Party 1997 Flyer & ATCQ-Beats, Rhymes & Life Release Party Flyer (and other pics of myself and an old DJ on the Weds Nite Jam Show)

De La Soul 2006 Tour, Gig Flyer and Pass.

De La Soul Signed Poster 1991

Poster For 1991 DMC Champs, NZ

Rakim-"Heat Up" Promo Record 1994

Last edited by Jaz on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

INI-"Fakin Jax" 12" Promo 1996

Superlove Cee and Casanova Rud-"Super Casanova" Promo 12" 1988

Gravediggaz-Double Suicide Pack 12" 1994.

The Funkyman Plus 1 White Label 199? 12"

Royal Fam-"Summin Gotz To Give" Promo 12" 1995

Bee Why-"The Boros" 12" 1997...Rare 12"

The New Style-"Scuffin Those Knees" Promo 12" 1989

Poet Society-"Castastrophe 2" Promo 12" 1991

Cormega-Fuck Nas White Label 199?

Gang Starr's Only NZ Show Poster 2004

Wu LP cutouts from Rap Pages, Rap Sheet and The Source 1993

First ever article I read on EPMD, NME Magazine 1987

Versive

Post by Versive »

had this poster for years

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Verge wrote:Good shit TBS. Let's make this official, anyone else feel free to add on pics of any dope rap memorabilia you got.
Thanks man, that's an exclusive from BigLOnline. Got me one of these:

And the studio DAT for O.C.'s Dangerous:

Photo courtesy of DJ Mike Nice. Who also brought up:

ג€œג€¦the little Big L bottle of cocoa butter that was given out as a Put It On promo item and the Columbia Records slip mat with the Devilג€™s Son logo.ג€

Verge

Post by Verge »

There can't be anymore of those Big L stickers available for sale, is there? Ha, that Big Picture plaque is dope, never knew about the promo cocoa butter, lol.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Someone on the L forums bought the Put It On 12" a couple years back and the seller included the sticker with it, so i bet there are some still out there, I don't know where you could get 'em at though. I'll try to look into it.

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Straight from the License To Ill Tour......i had the yellow one that said "Get off my dick" mine was trashed because "no 8 year old should be wearing that".

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Good collection kevin, it looks like that of someone who worked at a bunch of labels in the 90's and stashed a bunch of promo material whenever possible! I'm sure you will have people eager to get their hands on the collection, especially overseas Hip Hoppers.

Here is my little stash from years of New York City livin'. I didn't know it would be as much fun to go thru my apartment and dig up the past memories.

My Twitter avatar has a copy of the back cover of Gangstarr's Hard To Earn CD signed by Jeru The Damaja. I met him at HMV Herald Square (now Victoria Secret) in downtown Manhattan on the release night of Wrath Of The Math. I remember there was a bomb scare inside the store so he had to do his signing on the sidewalk. Anyone from NY remember that night?

Here's a few stickers, flyers and cards I found:

I have a print copy of a mailing list I wanted to digitally covert and share with people here but I can't find it at home at the moment. It's the mailing list of vinyl inventory from a well-known NY beat merchant who is unfortunately no longer with us, his name is John Carraro and sold drum breaks to Pete Rock, Large Pro, 88 Keys Beatminerz and many more. I used to buy records from him in person during the mid 90's. If I can find it I'll upload it for those interested.

Nice thread, it's good to catch memories looking at everyone's collection!
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CloudyKnuckles

Post by CloudyKnuckles »

Too cool I knew there was a reason I keep stickers

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

i got a grip of shit i have to take pics of , thank god for grandmoms crib thats the stash house

http://youtu.be/WQAnCCdp5s0

my grandmoms is off the chain
if you want her to do some hip hop shit just let me know LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQAnCCdp ... re=related
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

IRISH_CRAIG

Re: Rap Memorabilia (stickers, flyers, promo material, etc..

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

kevin beacham wrote:Figured some of you hear might appreciate this. I dug thru my collection and put together 30 limited edition packs of a collection of stuff. Peep the science here if you are so inclined:

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/blog/ ... r-limited/
I have a shed-load of stickers too, but not in multiples like yerself Kevin, that quiver of stickers is deep baby [pause]. I have a couple of them myself, that huge Chino XL one is an old fave, you could build a small house outta a few of those. Props to you, and to Jaz for that old NME review. That Big L sticker is banoodles, as is the Beastie Boys tour tee. I have a grip of t-shirts and sweat-shirts and badges and the like too but I dont wanna start the flow of haterade...

These postcards came with the http://www.rapandsoulmailorder.com/ issue of Weekend Warrior, along with a tiny Bizmarkie view-master type toy TV