Smoothe Da Hustler ג€“ The Art Of Rap

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

Smoothe Da Hustler ג€“ The Art Of Rap

Post by Jaz »

J_Preme

Post by J_Preme »

wordddddddddddd!

Bring it Back Smootheeeee!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

J_Preme wrote:wordddddddddddd!

Bring it Back Smootheeeee!
:cheers:

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

I was surprised to hear him use the damn near the same approach and some snatches of lyrics from his 2008 song "Way Back" from "Violent Times Day": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDNx809mS0

Nice song, I think "Way Back" sounds a little better though for a metaphorical song about Hip Hop and it's legends.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

fatboybrandon wrote:I was surprised to hear him use the damn near the same approach and some snatches of lyrics from his 2008 song "Way Back" from "Violent Times Day": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDNx809mS0

Nice song, I think "Way Back" sounds a little better though for a metaphorical song about Hip Hop and it's legends.
I think a lot of people didn't even know that album existed fam, to be honest I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned it, I enjoy this for our basic and raw it is.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Oh yeah, the song's definitely more raw with the Substitution break. I could see this fitting with the theme of the new Ice-T movie way better than most older song's Smoothe recorded. Now all we need is a new solid album from him that's on par with Once Upon A Time.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Thanks, this was quite good.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

man, i'm still waiting on duke to release "Life's A 50/50 Gamble" like he said he would years ago...i been waiting for that shit in CDQ for 16 years.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

DredScott wrote:man, i'm still waiting on duke to release "Life's A 50/50 Gamble" like he said he would years ago...i been waiting for that shit in CDQ for 16 years.
Smoothe said he would do that for Trigga's album man?

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah both Smoothe and Trigger have told me that as well.

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

DredScott wrote:man, i'm still waiting on duke to release "Life's A 50/50 Gamble" like he said he would years ago...i been waiting for that shit in CDQ for 16 years.
\

come on homie, the version i got wasnt that bad haha

shit was close enough to cdq
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

soopacee wrote:
\

oh fo sho, Cee, your version has held me down for years and i'm forever grateful for that, but man I NEED that perfectly mastered CDQ in my life. i know that you know what i'm saying....

someone get at smoothe and let him know the demand is out there.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

soopacee wrote:
\

please upload this again if you can soopacee :)

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

Once Upon a Time in America is a timeless classic in my book and Smoothe proved he still got it... dope azz track :cheers:

Jaz wrote:
soopacee wrote:
\

please upload this again if you can soopacee :)
I second that :bow:

Beatorious

Post by Beatorious »

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rykWQSWrWL0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rykWQSWrWL0?version=3&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

shit is raw nigga