Rare Album Samplers/Advances

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Some Canadian HiP HoP for ya, what I`ve got for your listening pleasure is Da Grassroots` "Passage Through Time" Album Sampler Tape. It was released in 1999 as promo for their album, mainly record stores, college Hip Hop radio show hosts & DJ`s got these. There were also a few lucky kats like myself that were fortunate enough to get their hands on `em, the Haitian Sensation hooked me up with two copies back in the day so ya know I gotta BiG him uP!!!

Now let`s get to the tape shall we, it`s hosted by The World Famous Almighty Elite Squad. What ya get to hear is 6 snippets of tracks off Da Grassroots "Passage Through Time" album along with an intro, a few interludes & an outro. It`s just over 15 minutes in length & the program repeats on both sides, so Side A is the exact same as B. The Intro is a lil` humorous -- it`s got this one kat talkin` with some friends, they`re about to smoke a joint so the one dude asks the other if he`s got any music with. The dude replies, "Ummmm....yeah, yeah. Oh actually I`ve only got this one tape, you guys don`t wanna hear it man. It`s no good..." Dude just goes on DiSS`n Da Grassroots talkin` all kinds of ish, it`s kind of funny. All the snippets are DoPe & definitely make ya wanna hear the full album (I`ll be postin` it up later on, don`t you worry). When you DL this joint you get the individual/split tracks as well as the entire tape in one mp3, so enjoy another HeRBaN LyRiX exclusive tape rip...

Da Grassroots - Passage Through Time [Album Sampler Tape]
Label: Conception Records
Released: 1999

1. Sampler Intro
2. Medley Of Da Grassroots` Hits
3. Price Of Livin` {ft. Mr. Roam From The Plant}
4. Thematics {ft. Arcee}
5. Last Days {ft. Marvel & G-Knight}
6. Pylar Sanchez {ft. Redlife}
7. Mr. Murray Speaks
8. Revival (The Three Rhyme Superstars) {ft. Arcee, Fatski & Schizm}
9. Sampler Outro

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Verge

Post by Verge »

fatboybrandon wrote: Does someone want to do a CD sampler thread as well, or should we post CD samplers here?
Nah, might as well keep them all here in one thread, imo. Looking forward to what else is out there too though.
itzmurda wrote:shit. i forgot this in the OP. posted on the troy blog

Raekwon The Chef - Latest & Greatest Hits (Promo Cassette) (1995)

http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... promo.html

link is dead but its on google.....courtesy of dirt_dog
re-upped:
http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/02/26/r ... 0%9D-1995/

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

fatboybrandon wrote:

I found this one while digging through my bedroom this morning, forgot I had it. This is one tape by Rawkus, one side is the sampler for Mos Def and the other Pharoahe.
Any unreleased joints that didn't make the official tracklist? For either of the projects

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I grabbed the CNN (DJ Clue?) War Report mixtape off a link a while ago, if anyone wants it I can up it here. The NORE / Streetlife freestyle is pretty good. I'd like to have a better quality rip.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

KITFUNK wrote:
Any unreleased joints that didn't make the official tracklist? For either of the projects
No, it's just songs from the albums mixed by Cipha Sounds with Flex hosting. It's funny to hear how wild Flex gets shouting out the different songs.

@shadowmaster, I would like to hear that War Report sampler. Those were good times I remember when they were aligned with Stretch Armstrong & Tragedy.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

fatboybrandon wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
No, it's just songs from the albums mixed by Cipha Sounds with Flex hosting. It's funny to hear how wild Flex gets shouting out the different songs.

@shadowmaster, I would like to hear that War Report sampler. Those were good times I remember when they were aligned with Stretch Armstrong & Tragedy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xregsm

I didn't rip it, there were several links online at one point but I'm not sure if I got the best quality one. Would give credit to the uploader but I have no idea right now. Check 5min in on side 1 for the freestyle.

pass is TROYREPORT

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

I`ve got a Screwball "Y2K" album sampler cassette, I`ll rip it if anyone is interested, just gotta DiGG it up first...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Legendary

Post by Legendary »

A lot of rare shit in here

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:I`ve got a Screwball "Y2K" album sampler cassette, I`ll rip it if anyone is interested, just gotta DiGG it up first...
of course man, any contributions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the earlier one you posted as well.

downloading the war report sampler now, gotta check that out. props shadowmaster. didn't know about that one.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

itzmurda wrote:
HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:I`ve got a Screwball "Y2K" album sampler cassette, I`ll rip it if anyone is interested, just gotta DiGG it up first...
of course man, any contributions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the earlier one you posted as well.

downloading the war report sampler now, gotta check that out. props shadowmaster. didn't know about that one.

I can't really take any credit for it, I never knew it existed until a year or so ago. It's a vinyl release, more a promo item than a sampler really, perhaps.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

4 more I found last night after digging harder through my tape collection:

Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steezy

Post by steezy »

i think i have that DMX sampler somewhere.. i'll see if i can find it and rip it

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

steezy wrote:i think i have that DMX sampler somewhere.. i'll see if i can find it and rip it
shit. that would be awesome man. i really need that.

major props if you can.

steezy

Post by steezy »

itzmurda wrote:
steezy wrote:i think i have that DMX sampler somewhere.. i'll see if i can find it and rip it
shit. that would be awesome man. i really need that.

major props if you can.
uploading right now

steezy

Post by steezy »

DMX - Get At Me Dog Sampler:

http://www.multiupload.nl/MV924TG25G

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

steezy wrote:DMX - Get At Me Dog Sampler:

http://www.multiupload.nl/MV924TG25G
Can anyone get this link to work? It just loads a blank page for me.

By the way, I just re-upped the NORE sampler by Funk Flex and Cipha Sounds for those of you who don't have it.

download:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8s74694hp5kkksq

Ya Heard! Vol. 1 Penalty Mix Tape (1998)

A1 Noreaga ג€“ T.O.N.Y. 3:56
A2 Noreaga ג€“ L.A. L.A. 1:08
A3 Noreaga ג€“ Married To Marijuana 3:38
A4 Noreaga ג€“ Calm Down 3:42
A5 Noreaga ג€“ Stick You 1:54
A6 Noreaga ג€“ Blood Money 4:26
A7 Noreaga ג€“ Blood Money - Pt. II 3:51
A8 Noreaga ג€“ Bonus Track #1 4:06
A9 Noreaga ג€“ Bonus Track #2 4:04
B1 Noreaga ג€“ On The Run - Pt. I 1:00
B2 Noreaga ג€“ N.O.R.E. 2:36
B3 Noreaga ג€“ Wonder Twinz 1:26
B4 Noreaga ג€“ Animal Thug Interlude 1:45
B5 Noreaga ג€“ Nore Story 1:37
B6 Noreaga ג€“ I Love My Life 1:29 (OG with Nas on the hook)
B7 Noreaga ג€“ On The Run - Pt. II 0:52
B8 Noreaga ג€“ Irak Island 2:16
B9 Noreaga ג€“ Esta Loca 1:19
B10 Noreaga ג€“ Fiesta 1:06
B11 DJ Clue ג€“ Thug 'R Us feat Noreaga 2:34
B12 Cardan ג€“ Jam On It 4:14
B13 Skull Duggery ג€“ If It Don't Make $... 4:00
B14 Crooked Lettaz ג€“ I Know 4:56
Last edited by itzmurda on Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Same thing happens to me with that DMX sampler upload. A blank page, that's all. I haven't seen multiupload being used much since the megaupload shutdown, maybe it's fucked up?

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

I remember this CD sampler gave me some hope for additions to the grimey, rebel sound during a time when I felt Hip Hop was on the edge of becoming more materialistic.

This to me was one sign of the uprising that took place on the indie level which was the result of tons of vinyl stocked on the walls of Fat Beats and other shops. Even the 50 Cent song sounds good in my opinion, when looking back Bad News is the raw G-Unit sound before he started becoming cookie cutter after The Massacre dropped.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

itzmurda wrote:
By the way, I just re-upped the NORE sampler by Funk Flex and Cipha Sounds for those of you who don't have it.

download:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8s74694hp5kkksq

Ya Heard! Vol. 1 Penalty Mix Tape (1998)

Thanks man.

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

shadowmaster wrote: Thanks man.
no prob man. and thanks again steezy, i really wanted that so i appreciate it. and thanks to bigg boss for the individual links. thanks to everyone else who has dropped as well. some nice drops in here

ima gonna find the "all eyez on me" snippet tape i got around here somewhere and up that when i do.

anyone got this "Who is Cam" sampler from 98 (pic below)? if we can get that, we'll have one for most of the major albums from 98 (dmx, cam, pun, nore)....the onyx 98 sampler is the "survival of the illest vol1" that came as a bonus disc with dmx's first album. i wonder if canibus had a sampler for his debut that year.....sounds like something clue would have put out with all them freestyles he did for him. edit: yep http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3458739 just album cuts tho

lox-MPR also came out in jan that year and had a snippet tape called "the lox files"........i thought it was on the net a while back, ill see if i cant get that in here as well

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

^Is this the tape you`re talking about? Maybe you have a better sounding version. I originally posted this here...

Clearing out my computer`s hard~drive I came across this file from my homie Row Rider`s blog, so needless to say I`m not the first to bring this ish to the `Net....LoL, however I figured I`d be another one to help share & expose it to the rest of y`all -- especially since the previously mentioned blog has been pretty dead lately...

I`m not really too sure what the story is with this one, but I`m guessing that it was sent out as some sort of promo for 2Pac`s "All Eyez On Me" album so it was probably released sometime around 1996. The promo starts off with `Pac thanking his fans for everything & then it moves on to a snippet of "Ambitionz Az A Ridah", then a lil` interlude & then it`s on to the snippet of the Snoop Dogg collabo` "2 Of Amerika`z Most Wanted"...

A snippet of "What`z Ya Phone #?", "Got My Mind Made Up" & finally "Life Goes On" follow. It was all one file about 7 mins. long, but I decided to split the snippets so they`re individual tracks. My apologies on the sound quality, but the original file wasn`t the best -- plus it`s a cassette rip. So take it for what it is & enjoy...

2Pac - All Eyez On Me [Promo]
Label: Death Row Records
Released: N/A (1996?)

1. 2Pac Intro
2. Ambitionz Az A Ridah [Snippet]
3. 2 Of Amerika`z Most Wanted [Snippet]
4.What'z Ya Phone #? [Snippet]
5. Got My Mind Made Up [Snippet]
6. Life Goes On [Snippet]

RapidShare BaCK~uP LiNK...

R.i.P. 2PaC...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

king beef

Post by king beef »

Anyone holding that Dead Prez promo?

Verge

Post by Verge »

interesting promo tape i never seen before, i didn't even realize that "Ill Labels" had something to do with American, but i guess i should have since Chino was on both. I don't have it and don't know if any of the songs are different versions or anything, it's just a pic from off ebay:

cicarista

Post by cicarista »

i missed out on that DMX sampler and now all links are dead. can someone please re-up on mediafire?

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

herban, thanks man thats the one i was gonna upload. glad i didnt have to cuz i cant find it at the moment. lol ill just get it back with your link

if someone doesnt come through with that camron, i may have to buy it. i dont know. we got everything else real big from 98

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1287

^^can somebody email that guy and tell him hes crazy? $450...really? i seen a sealed copy of the only built 4 cuban linx sampler sell for like $15. they are really overpricing these things.

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

I spent a lil` time adjusting the volume on the tape & also separated the tracks into individual mp3`s, don`t worry I`ve also included the original rips of Side 1 & 2 in their 24-plus minute mp3 format. So go `head & take a listen, check it out for ya`self...

DMX - Get At Me Dog [Tape Sampler]
Label: Def Jam
Released: 1998

1. Funkmaster Flex Intro
2. Get At Me Dog {DMX ft. Sheek from The Lox}
3. Money, Power, Respect {The Lox ft. Lil` Kim & DMX}
4. Cluemanatti Interlude
5. Murdergram {Jay-Z, Ja Rule & DMX}
6. Reggie Reg Interlude
7. Shut `Em Down {Onyx ft. DMX}
8. Usual Suspects {Mic Geronimo ft. Ja Rule & DMX}
9. Boodah Brothers Interlude
10. 24 Hours To Live {Ma$e ft. Puffy & DMX}
11. Pull It {Cam`ron ft. DMX}
12. DJ Ran Interlude
13. 4, 3, 2, 1 {LL Cool J ft. Method Man, Redman & DMX}
14. "I Shot Ya" [Freestyle] {Ja Rule & DMX}
15. Interview with Irv Gotti
16. Stop Being Greedy {DMX}
17. DJ Celo Interlude
18. We Be Clubbin` [Clark Kent Rmx] {Ice Cube ft. DMX}
19. Live Squad & DJ Iran Interlude
20. "Get At Me Dog" [Freestyle] {DMX}

RaPiDSHaRe BaCK-uP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

shadowmaster wrote:I actually didn't know about either of those comps you linked to Verge, the one I meant was called Loud Summer or something, can't remember now, it had a red cardboard cover and I think Mobb Deep's Hoodlum was one of the first tracks on it. Speaking of Dead Prez though, I always wanted an instrumental for These Are the Times, that was a great beat.
I have that one somewhere in storage, it had Big Pun, Xzibit and Adriana Evans on it as well...what a great thread, really wish I held on to some of my old tapes.
Last edited by Jaz on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Jaz wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:I actually didn't know about either of those comps you linked to Verge, the one I meant was called Loud Summer or something, can't remember now, it had a red cardboard cover and I think Mobb Deep's Hoodlum was one of the first tracks on it. Speaking of Dead Prez though, I always wanted an instrumental for These Are the Times, that was a great beat.
I have that one somewhere in storage, it had Big Pun, Xzibit and Adrina Evans on it as well...what a great thread, really wish I held on to some of my old tapes.

I may have that tape somewhere, but I lost most of my tapes due to friends. If I find it I'll rip it.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

SPECIAL THREAD, THANKS TO ALL.