The Beatnuts` ''Stone Crazy [HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN]''...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

The Beatnuts` ''Stone Crazy [HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN]''...

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

What`s the deal y`all? I hope that the week has been good to you so far. Today I`m gon` share with y`all another HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN of an album originally released back in 1997 by The Beatnuts, it`s actually my favorite album from the crew & that album`s titled "Stone Crazy". What`s different about this version of "Stone Crazy" is pretty simple; I added the "Off The Books [Rmx]" from their 1998 Remix EP titled "The Spot" & then I also added some instrumentals & acapellas which came mostly from 12 inch singles. I just felt that the album itself is viciously slept on so I figured that it would be kind of iLL to give it a lil` more interest by including a few extra joints; the instrumentals because well it`s really where The `Nuts truly shine. The acapellas were included because I think that it`s kind of interesting to hear the lil` things in the vocals that you may have missed out on `cuz you were noddin` ya` head to the bangin` beats. The "Off The Books [Rmx]" was included because I figured maybe a few folks may not have heard it, even if it`s not as iLL as the original...

Sure Psycho Les & Ju Ju may not have the iLLeST lyrics, but that doesn`t really matter all that much when you allow your eardrums to take in the amazingly DoPe beats that these kats create. Each track (even the Interludes) has their own unique sound, nothing on the album sounds alike yet the tracks still manage to mesh will together to make one awesome piece of work. The Soul, Funk & even Ragtime samples that the Beatnuts chose to use help birth some pretty original & funky vibes. I don`t really have the time to go over each track individually like I would really like to do so you will just have to trust me when I say that this entire album is a great listen! If you are a fan of head noddin` funky beats you need to listen to this...

The standout joints for me are; "Bless The M.I.C." with it`s grindin` guitars & catchiness, "Here`s A Drink" with it`s staggering drums, "Off The Books" (probably the best track on the album) with the guest stealin` verse from the late great Big Pun & it`s uptempo drums & Sesame Street flute sample, "Do You Believe?" is my favorite track on the album with it`s unmistakeably DoPe beat & it`s serious but iLL hook, "Find That" is another DoPe track with it`s infectious beat even if it`s a lil` on the short side, then there`s "Give Me Tha Ass" a comical X-rated track that flips the same sample that was later used for Will Smith`s "Men In Black" track (you can read a lil` something about how the `Nuts felt about that track using the same sample here). So there ya have it folks now go `head & give it a listen, you`ll be glad that ya did...

The Beatnuts - Stone Crazy [HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN]
Label: Relativity
Released: 1997-2013

1. World Famous [Intro]
2. Bless The M.I.C. {ft. Gab Gacha}
3. Intermission
4. Here`s A Drink
5. Off The Books {ft. Big Pun & Cuban Link}
6. Be Proud [Interlude]
7. Do You Believe?
8. Finger Smoke [Interlude]
9. Stone Crazy
10. Niggaz Know
11. Horny Horns [Interlude]
12. Find That
13. Supa Supreme
14. Thinkin` `Bout Cash {ft. Hostyle & Blaq Poet of Screwball}
15. Uncivilized {ft. Don Gobbi}
16. Give Me Tha Ass
17. Strokes {ft. Horny Man}
18. Bonus Beats
19. Here`s A Drink [Instr.]
20. Off The Books [Rmx] {ft. Big Pun & Cuban Link}
21. Off The Books [Instr.]
22. Off The Books [Acapella] {ft. Big Pun & Cuban Link}
23. Do You Believe? [Instr.]
24. Do You Believe? [Acapella]
25. Find That [Instr.]
26. Give Me Tha Ass [Instr.]
27. Give Me Tha Ass [Acapella]

SoLiDFiLeS LiNK...

FiLeSWaP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

vaporized2

Re: The Beatnuts` ''Stone Crazy [HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN]''...

Post by vaporized2 »

Thanks for the acapellas, might try and do something with those.

Wasnt 'Robbed Stole' also supposed to be on this album? Would've been the best track if so, for me at least...

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Nice work Herban. Stone Crazy brings back great memories to a time when Fat Beats was still open, Stretch, Bob, Marley & Pete were still on the air and the underground culture was felt as an answer to the emerging mainstream. I still remember the summer I bought Stone Crazy at Rock & Soul here in NY (which is still open) on a July.

I remember a 12" with We Came Here, Fluid, Sandwiches and 40 oz came out after SC but I'm not sure whether they were leftovers from Street Level or SC.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Fluid is definitely a street level leftover and possibly the greatest beatnuts track ever imo. Can't believe it wasnt seen fit to include on an album

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

is there a high quality mp3 of fluid....i havent looked in a long time but when i have ive always found shit quality rips

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

clark bent wrote:is there a high quality mp3 of fluid....i havent looked in a long time but when i have ive always found shit quality rips
in 192 if you want, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8i45d0

maybe someone with that "UFO Files" CD could rip a 320?

HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:26. Give Me Tha Ass [Instr.]
27. Give Me Tha Ass [Acapella]
okay, had a go at rebuilding ths from scratch. same patrice rushen break, bit of percussion, bit of sample filtering. just for fun...

- mp3 if anyone wants: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8cntq8

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

you're the man Herban, thanks for the packed upload

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:22. Off The Books [Acapella] {ft. Big Pun & Cuban Link}
figured this might sound nice over Bas Blasta - Ain't Whatcha Do. beatnuts production, and let's face it did anyone really dig bas blasta's voice

download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/54v5jr

btw hope this doesn't seem like a thread hijack... just "adding" to it a bit yo

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

vaporized2 wrote:
HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:22. Off The Books [Acapella] {ft. Big Pun & Cuban Link}
figured this might sound nice over Bas Blasta - Ain't Whatcha Do. beatnuts production, and let's face it did anyone really dig bas blasta's voice

download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/54v5jr

btw hope this doesn't seem like a thread hijack... just "adding" to it a bit yo
No worries homie, that "Off The Books" blend is pretty sweet so how could I complain about it being added to the thread :lol:
DJCommunist wrote:you're the man Herban, thanks for the packed upload
Not a problem homie, glad you enjoyed it!
fatboybrandon wrote:Nice work Herban. Stone Crazy brings back great memories to a time when Fat Beats was still open, Stretch, Bob, Marley & Pete were still on the air and the underground culture was felt as an answer to the emerging mainstream. I still remember the summer I bought Stone Crazy at Rock & Soul here in NY (which is still open) on a July.
Thanks man, this album brings back a lot of good mem`ries for me as well! Still remember the day that I picked up the CD from Music World. Surprisingly it was fairly cheap; $11.99 which was a steal at the time because that store really loved to keep things overpriced. I played that album so much in my Discman......LoL, drained plenty of Energizers BuMP`n that joint. Speakin` of joints this is one of my fav` albums to blaze some spliffs to :lol: met plenty of folks while doin` so...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Always liked this album. The Nuts are seriously a fantastic group with a fantastic catalog. I do feel like Al Tariq completed them though, which is why Street Level is my favorite release of theirs.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

vaporized2 wrote:
clark bent wrote:is there a high quality mp3 of fluid....i havent looked in a long time but when i have ive always found shit quality rips
in 192 if you want, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8i45d0
good lookin

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

Philaflava wrote:Always liked this album. The Nuts are seriously a fantastic group with a fantastic catalog. I do feel like Al Tariq completed them though, which is why Street Level is my favorite release of theirs.

i feel the same way when it comes to kool ass fash. he definitely killed it on Street Level and his solo lp was dope as fuck too. I wish he hasn't left the crew, but even without him their next two albums, Stone Crazy and Musical Massacre, were still nice as fuck. and by the time he finally came back and worked with them again on Take It Or Squeeze It, they had already started to fall off so that shit was kinda disappointing.

Stone Crazy along with The War Report and Wu-Tang Forever ruled my summer that year.

"Thinkin' Bout Cash" might be my fav. cut on here though, shit is so dope with that ill sample and i love how screwball come off on there.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i gotta agree wholeheartedly on that one

Verge

Post by Verge »

DredScott wrote: "Thinkin' Bout Cash" might be my fav. cut on here though, shit is so dope with that ill sample and i love how screwball come off on there.
i came to big up that same joint, it rarely gets mentions. Hostyle destroys the opening verse, always a verse that stood with me from that album. also always dug psycho les's verse on here.

Its really a banger of an album. Find That got so much play that i can't really hear it anymore, it was the most amazing shit to me at the time.

Here's A Drink, that beat is so ridiculous, i love that shit no matter how many times i heard it.

Thanks for the bonus joints HeRBan.

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Verge wrote:
DredScott wrote: "Thinkin' Bout Cash" might be my fav. cut on here though, shit is so dope with that ill sample and i love how screwball come off on there.
i came to big up that same joint, it rarely gets mentions. Hostyle destroys the opening verse, always a verse that stood with me from that album. also always dug psycho les's verse on here.

Its really a banger of an album. Find That got so much play that i can't really hear it anymore, it was the most amazing shit to me at the time.

Here's A Drink, that beat is so ridiculous, i love that shit no matter how many times i heard it.

Thanks for the bonus joints HeRBan.

Not a problem homie, glad you enjoyed `em...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca