Terror Green FULL DEMO! Heavy Jewelz Records

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Verge

Terror Green FULL DEMO! Heavy Jewelz Records

Post by Verge »

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2013/11/04/t ... 5-demo-ep/

https://soundcloud.com/heavyjewelz/terror-green-snippets

Heavy Jewelz Records brings one of the most sought after Stretch And Bobbito played demos of all time, complete with a co-sign from Bobbito himself, and the 2 previously unheard tracks are just about as ill as 45 Stitchez and Check Tha File. Thanks to Dj Nastee for digging out the DATS so the world could finally hear the flow that should have at least gone gold but never did due to labels.

This is a big record for us and for the limited vinyl world as well. So we took no shorts to make sure you get a good amount of bang for the buck. Each record is housed in polylined sleeves with extra large color sticker covers with artwork done by Skore79. Inside each cover, you also get an 11inch by 11inch printed insert with exclusive Mark563 Terror Green artwork.

There’s 300 copies total with 100 being a clear olive green color, 100 clear green black swirl, and 100 plain black 150 Gram vinyl. At $35 a piece, it’s certainly worth it and will gain in value.

We’re also making this available in high quality digital formats for those who don’t buy vinyl while those who do buy the vinyl automatically get the digitals sent to them for free. For those of you who don’t want to cop anything but still wanna hear this record, there will be a download link below to a lower bit rate version of the demo. Links to everything after the tracklist.
A1. WKCR Intro
A2. 45 Stitchez
A3. Dub
A4. Dub Bonus Beats
B1. Much Terra
B2. Check Tha File
B3. Check Tha File Bonus Beats

cop the vinyl here, less than 50 copies left: http://heavyjewelz.bigcartel.com/
cop the high quality digitals here: http://heavyjewelz.bandcamp.com/
128kbps free download here: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/31154700/file.html

Thanks to Debonair P for hooking up the bonus beats and for combining shipping with us and helping with too many things to even list.

More big records coming, including a multi-release project with an iconic underground crew that everyone knows and loves. I wish i could say but we're still in talks. Im thinking after the next record, you'll be able to take a fair guess at what im talking about. :gyeah:

Kool Max Power

Re: Terror Green FULL DEMO! Heavy Jewelz Records

Post by Kool Max Power »

Great release, Verge, one of the best unearthed demos so far! Could live without the WKCR intro and the bonus beats, but these 4 tracks are fire.
Verge wrote:...including a multi-release project with an iconic underground crew that everyone knows and loves.
Juggaknots? Organized? Natural E? 88whatsaname? I'm curious about it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

saving up my lunch allowance for this one

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Major props Verge, this is enormous.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

dope. I love the offer high quality digital downloads. I always though all the releases should offer that. Even if I buy the vinyl I'd pay for a digital dl of the master rather than ripping my own vinyl. There's will probably always sound better.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

bbatson1 wrote:dope. I love the offer high quality digital downloads. I always though all the releases should offer that. Even if I buy the vinyl I'd pay for a digital dl of the master rather than ripping my own vinyl. There's will probably always sound better.
Agree. This is a huge benefit, I think. I don't really understand why it's not always the case.

kartman

Post by kartman »

what a dope record, it's a fucking shame i can't afford it :(
big up verge!!!!!!!!!

Verge

Post by Verge »

Just a heads up fellas, i have the first small batch of orders going out in about 12 hours then will have more orders going out until everything is shipped, like usual. We had a slight delay, so i wanted to make sure I don't leave you guys in the dark and keep you updated on where your records are. But everything is right back on track now so no worries, the records are coming! Thanks as always for the continued support.

Kool Max Power wrote: Juggaknots? Organized? Natural E? 88whatsaname? I'm curious about it.
Heh, i cannot say, even if you guess correct. I will say that at this time, it's not Organized. I believe if that comes out it will hopefully be on the label that it fits on, which to me is No Sleep, but i'm not sure if No Sleep is planning on coming back or not.
The NE archives have already been mostly pillaged and exploited by herring, there's still good stuff but the masters were either lost or just haven't been located so the only quality around is horrible to pretty bad sound quality, afaik.
I'm a HUGE fan of those i haven't mentioned though.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

L-Swift - Don't Sleep joint - Herring Vinyl Version sounds like shit...The one Bobbito played sounds good...do Bob and fam have tapes somewhere?

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

I will take any new NE material regardless of quality...

You should pursue that Othorized Fam stuff that never came out on GoodF...

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I don't know man the Mr Voodoo radio rips are pretty bad hence radio rips. Somebody gotta have them tracks...

OF shit would be dope.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Othorized is a good call and if i remember correctly Verge was anticipating that release so i'm sure he's gonna do his best.
Another one which i think would fit perfectly HJ's profile is Poops. People need Poops.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Architek wrote:People need Poops.
Truest words ever spoken on this forum.

Verge

Post by Verge »

haha. yep, both would fit well on HJR. That Mugshots demo Should be with the OF joints so I'd love to get that under our imprint. And Poops is indeed that shit.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Echo Leader wrote:
Architek wrote:People need Poops.
Truest words ever spoken on this forum.
Verge wrote:Poops is indeed that shit.
:lol:

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

PopsUK wrote:
bbatson1 wrote:dope. I love the offer high quality digital downloads. I always though all the releases should offer that. Even if I buy the vinyl I'd pay for a digital dl of the master rather than ripping my own vinyl. There's will probably always sound better.
Agree. This is a huge benefit, I think. I don't really understand why it's not always the case.
Because a lot of these small labels owners are just a bunch of elitist assholes who don't give a flying fuck about what listeners ask for. Which gives us more reasons to support Heavy Jewelz to the fullest, because they really deserve it.

Verge

Post by Verge »

glad you guys appreciate that, thanks for the positive feedback. The music should always be the main object and i would always want things as available as possible for everyone who wants it.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
PopsUK wrote:
Because a lot of these small labels owners are just a bunch of elitist assholes who don't give a flying fuck about what listeners ask for. Which gives us more reasons to support Heavy Jewelz to the fullest, because they really deserve it.
Dude, stop CRYING!! If a vinyl-only label only wants to put their shit out there on vinyl and NOT offer up a digital version, I think that's great! Like I've said a million & one times, if you're a Hiphop head, then there's NO REASON that you shouldn't own a fuckin turntable and vinyl. I wish everything was pressed on vinyl, but guess what? EVERYTHING ISN'T PRESSED ON VINYL!! So for me, I choose to pretty much only support artists & groups who make physical copies available because mp3's are fuckin lame to me... and I feel that if you TRULY believe in your work, you would make sure your music is available on AT LEAST a fuckin CD. Some stupid mp3 that's just floating around in the air is meaningless!! And LOL at you cry babies always resorting to the "elitist" comments when you don't get your way. Fuckouttahere!!

Anyways, I got my package today. Thank you, Verge!

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Looking forward to getting my hands on this. I feel honoured to have been involved in the artwork.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ you always kill it though

Verge

Post by Verge »

:cheers:
I much prefer having mad work and thought go into each record even if it means only 10 records a year tops, at least you get much bang for the buck.

Thanks for the work Mark563, it was a no brainer asking you to do that artwork.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Dude, stop CRYING!! If a vinyl-only label only wants to put their shit out there on vinyl and NOT offer up a digital version, I think that's great! Like I've said a million & one times, if you're a Hiphop head, then there's NO REASON that you shouldn't own a fuckin turntable and vinyl. I wish everything was pressed on vinyl, but guess what? EVERYTHING ISN'T PRESSED ON VINYL!! So for me, I choose to pretty much only support artists & groups who make physical copies available because mp3's are fuckin lame to me... and I feel that if you TRULY believe in your work, you would make sure your music is available on AT LEAST a fuckin CD. Some stupid mp3 that's just floating around in the air is meaningless!! And LOL at you cry babies always resorting to the "elitist" comments when you don't get your way. Fuckouttahere!!
Were you born like this or did something bad happen to you during your growth process? I mean, honestly?

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Dude, stop CRYING!! If a vinyl-only label only wants to put their shit out there on vinyl and NOT offer up a digital version, I think that's great! Like I've said a million & one times, if you're a Hiphop head, then there's NO REASON that you shouldn't own a fuckin turntable and vinyl. I wish everything was pressed on vinyl, but guess what? EVERYTHING ISN'T PRESSED ON VINYL!! So for me, I choose to pretty much only support artists & groups who make physical copies available because mp3's are fuckin lame to me... and I feel that if you TRULY believe in your work, you would make sure your music is available on AT LEAST a fuckin CD. Some stupid mp3 that's just floating around in the air is meaningless!! And LOL at you cry babies always resorting to the "elitist" comments when you don't get your way. Fuckouttahere!!
Were you born like this or did something bad happen to you during your growth process? I mean, honestly?
Yet you're the one who's all upset about certain labels not makin lame digital versions available. haha

Now go and be a real man and buy you some turntables and some REAL VINYL, br0. Just sayin...

Verge

Post by Verge »

ok people, relax.

We still have some copies left, not many, gotta check the inventory after i finish boxing the final orders up. The Gee Rock's i think we got under 20 copies left now.

Next release sometime in December, giving everyone time to absorb/enjoy the music and re-up their dough.

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

You guys are beautiful. Thank you much.
"...my ex girl's got balls." - Guru

Verge

Post by Verge »

:cheers:
kartman wrote:what a dope record, it's a fucking shame i can't afford it :(
big up verge!!!!!!!!!
I'll see what l can do for you kartman, once l finish shipping. It sucks having to miss a huge record like this because of money.

kartman

Post by kartman »

this record, along with L da headtoucha's 12" are the most interesting releases of this kind for me this year.
really good music, no fillers, no bullshit skits, just music.
there are sometimes i wish these labels put out some cds, like six2six did for sparrow's album, this shit costs WAY too much on vinyl.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Now go and be a real man and buy you some turntables and some REAL VINYL, br0. Just sayin...
Where I live, being a real man means making money to feed your family and make sure they live a decent life. But I guess it's different in Disneyland, I never paid it a visit though. Lucky boy.

Verge

Post by Verge »

win a free copy at Ego Trip:
http://www.egotripland.com/contest-free ... h-bobbito/

and here's the 45 Stitchez cartoon video, recently done by Nastee:

couple of typos but who cares. Another one of these for Check Tha File would be ill too, cause the references are full of local gutter ish that most people wouldn't know exactly what he's talking about. Certainly shows he's genuine though.

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

WOW!!! WOW!! WOW!!
huge thanks for this Verge, you're the fucking man, always coming through with the good shit.. i'm gonna listen to this in a minute, can't really wait haha..
http://www.claaa7.blogspot.com

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^