Adagio! - The Obvious Archives Pt.1 [Heavy Jewelz Records]

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Debonair_P

Re: Adagio! - The Obvious Archives Pt.1 [Heavy Jewelz Record

Post by Debonair_P »

Mad Human wrote:
Verge wrote: Part 2 is gonna be here before summer and so far the joints are all fuckin ill, not exaggerating at all.
Can't wait as i do not like Pt. 1 at all only one track " Music" the rest are too chewy. Hopefully Pt. 2 gonna be more focused in mid 90's rather early 2000.
All the tracks on part 1 are from mid-late 90's I believe. Looking forward to part 2!

thablend

Post by thablend »

Sup Verge & Debonair , how is it possible to combine shipping for ran reed & adigio? i lookd for a link on both sites couldnt find anythin.

Props for puttin in the work to get these records released. Mad nice selections

Verge

Post by Verge »

thanks thablend! All you gotta do is order what you want from each store. you will have to pay the full ship charge but once we see you ordered both then Henry Will send you a partial refund so it comes out to combined.
thanks!

All tracks are definitely 90s. the one track "droppin hits" is from 99 and does have a newer sound, imo.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Verge nice EP. So you got 100 songs to choose from. Idea: Do a vinyl album with 12 to 15 songs. Your team chooses 15 and Adagio chooses 15. (or what was intended to be the first album) Then see how far ya'll apart. (might have 2 wax albums then) I d also look that you got some concept joints on there (e.g. like my girl), not just battle tracks. (if more concept joints exist)

For the EP wouldn't have picked Rap 101, due to the sample being well known. Tellin hmmmmmmm
"Music" is the track that reminds me of classic Adagio. Intro is ill too...
This first one is well rounded, as something for everybody, with Ease Off and Music being colossal.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Ease Off and Music being colossal.
these were the 2 I really liked, as well. classic adagio
Last edited by DJCommunist on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Steifl as dope as it would be if it could happen like that, it just won't. Every song first has to be brought to the studio and transferred from DAT one at a time. then I'll get to here about 3 or 4 songs when we meet up and I'll say Which ones we could use and next meeting I'll be given a disc with them mastered. the first time around l didnt have too much to choose from and l had the plant waiting so things were a little rushed. But the joints we got for part 2 so far are all crazy.
the short term goal here is to have an ill record every month but getting all these meetings and everything else done while working a shitty 9 to 5 6 sometimes 7 days a week and driving 3 hrs a day to my kids babysitter, well shit just isnt possible.
I'll have to skip a month a two if it means quality control. And thats cool, as loNg as we put out ill shit Consistently then im good.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

great, will cop this later

BLAKETHOUGHT

Post by BLAKETHOUGHT »

Verge back in 2008 Joc Max was talking about an unreleased Basement Khemists album (http://wilshiredistrict.blogspot.com/20 ... c-max.html). Any chance you could get in his ear and bring that to fruition? I think many would agree that a full length from the Khemists would be awesome to hear. Thanks and props on the really strong output on these first releases from Heavy Jewelz. I’m looking forward to what you bring us in the future.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Yo verge I didn't realize you were the one bringing that Terror Green and Adagio to light...great work man, respect

Verge

Post by Verge »

DJCommunist wrote:Yo verge I didn't realize you were the one bringing that Terror Green and Adagio to light...great work man, respect
Hahaa.. No doubt man, thanks!
I dont know if much can really top the Terror but thats how i gotta see it now But at least if things go south, l can feel proud about it.

The Adagio test presses just Sold out and the blue ones have been gone. we still have about 20 orders to get out due to a whole bunch of crazy setbacks plus the horrible weather so hold tight!

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

verge are u pressing that 'boy girl tale' on part 2? that track was pretty dope