Vinyl Addicts' Best Indy 12's Of The 90's topic...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

drunkmonk36

Vinyl Addicts' Best Indy 12's Of The 90's topic...

Post by drunkmonk36 »

Hey all,

There was a thread over at Vinyl Addicts called 'Best Indy 12's Of The 90's' that I'd bookmarked and never gotten around to really looking at. Link is now down.

Anyone know if this had been duplicated or reproduced somewhere? I couldn't find anything through Google..

If not, maybe we could get a new list going?

With so many quality indy 12's, I'm sure it would be a massive help for people just starting out, experienced heads who may have missed something, or lovers of quality hip-hop in general.

Pz

WiCkEd22

Re: Vinyl Addicts' Best Indy 12's Of The 90's topic...

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I wonder why the original thread over at vinyl addicts is down???

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

The whole forum shut down a couple years back... I think they were getting constantly spam attacked.

Hard to even know where to start with a list like this - so many good records out there!

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Debonair_P wrote:Hard to even know where to start with a list like this - so many good records out there!
haha True that.

drunkmonk36

Post by drunkmonk36 »

Debonair_P wrote:Hard to even know where to start with a list like this - so many good records out there!
Yeh true that. Didn't mean for people to name every 12" they've owned/heard, just drop a top 10 or something.

thablend

Post by thablend »

i definetly remember people without shoes - green shoe laces , and adagio! - the obvious joint was on there
maybe also brainsick - time to shine , cover - underground flow , bee-why - the boros , all classic underground shit
and there was a breakdown for each year of the 90s by the end of the thread i recall? - on the last few pages , voted / summed by forum members.