All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Blanco

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by Blanco »

So, no comments about CDs Verge, ha-haaa ??

Verge

Post by Verge »

Heh. Sorry, meant to get to that. Do you guys completely hate kunaki? Because me and gee rock were down to do that and it can hsppen very soon. But my labelmates wanna do the whole 9 with it but we're not gonna be able to do that for a while. Let me know what you guys think. Whole 9 meaning discmakers type officials

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

Discmakers would of course be much better, but I would buy a Kunaki release as well, even though I don't like them that much. Discmakers probably is more expensive but I guess there will be some CD heads out there who will buy a discmaker-CD and pay like 20 to 25 $ for it to get a real professional made CD. I would buy both formats no matter what you do...

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

It's just what it is :
- if it's either NOT released at all or released via Kunaki, then YES, I would take Kunaki!
- if it's a pick between Kunaki or proper silver disc, then definitelly a real CD any day!

So you know...
If all those vinyl only releases all these labels are selling would see a Kunaki release then I would be happy, but I would prefer a real so called Discmakers disc!

So not sure what you would be deciding based on comments like mines, ha-haaaa

Verge

Post by Verge »

Thanks for the input fellas. We'll see whats the best options and let you know soon. Thanks!

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I think it's better to put it out as opposed to not puttin in out (on CD), but I always look at it like if you're gonna put somethin out then put it out properly. I would probably buy a proper CD too even though I already have the vinyls.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

A real CD would be cool.... but if everything was available through Kunaki at a lower price, I'd probably buy everything. If real CD prices were way higher, I'd probably have to be picky about what releases i'd go for.

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

Most recent Herring was CeStyle (Total Pack) in case you cats missed it:

NEXT DROP TODAY THURSDAY 20th MARCH @ 2pm PDT/4pm EST/9pm GMT/10pm CET

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

^ Great past few releases Bob.
PopsUK wrote:A real CD would be cool.... but if everything was available through Kunaki at a lower price, I'd probably buy everything. If real CD prices were way higher, I'd probably have to be picky about what releases i'd go for.
Yeah if I didn't use Kunaki, the manufacturing cost would be 3-4 times higher, plus I'd have to order a minimum number of copies and ship them out to customers myself. So I find it to be a good low-risk option for making CD copies available at a low price for people who want 'em.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Debonair_P wrote:^ Great past few releases Bob.
PopsUK wrote:A real CD would be cool.... but if everything was available through Kunaki at a lower price, I'd probably buy everything. If real CD prices were way higher, I'd probably have to be picky about what releases i'd go for.
Yeah if I didn't use Kunaki, the manufacturing cost would be 3-4 times higher, plus I'd have to order a minimum number of copies and ship them out to customers myself. So I find it to be a good low-risk option for making CD copies available at a low price for people who want 'em.
Which reminds me I need to cop a couple of the things you released recently...

procelebritygolf

Debonair_P wrote:^ Great past few releases Bob.
Nice one DP - i think you will dig tonight's too man

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

There's only 100 copies bein pressed so you better get the pre-order in asap...

- http://cricketcemetery.storenvy.com/col ... olor-vinyl

Diamond District rapper Uptown XO has been quiet recently, a surprise given the steady stream of music he usually puts out. But that's likely to change in the coming months: Diamond District is putting final touches on its long-awaited sophomore album, March on Washington, and group member yU is slated to drop a collaborative LP with producer SlimKat as The 1978ers.

Out today, XO is back with a new video for "Who," which can be heard on his 2008 mixtape, Takeover Part 2. The video, much like XO's other clips, celebrates the gritty aspects of D.C. Toward the middle of the clip, a friend reflects on the first time he heard XO rap: "I ain't even know he was a rapper, but he was talking to me, letting me know who he was, I was blown away."

And just for fun, Indie Love Enterprises—in collaboration with Cricket Cemetery—announced the release of Takeover Part 2 on colored vinyl. They've only pressed 100 copies, so act fast if you're interested. Go purchase, and stream the mixtape below.

http://soundcloud.com/indie-love-enterprises/sets/uptown-xo-takeover-2

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

New release on GRR: Nick Wiz - Cellar Selections 4 (1992-1998). Limited to 300 copies on black 2LP wax in a pic cover. Available now from http://grrvinyl.bigcartel.com and shipping starts next week. There's an option for combined shipping so that you can have the record shipped with the 12 Block release on Heavy Jewelz, any questions just ask. As always, thanks for the support!

1. Hitman – All Over the Block (1993)
2. Black Sun – Journey Thru (1993)
3. LSD – The Ism (1993)
4. N-Tyce – Flip Side (1993)
5. Shadowz in da Dark – Curb High (1993)
6. Pudgee – The Everyday Routine (1994)
7. Mister Fit – Mindbenderz (1996)
8. Madhouse w/ Native Assassins – We About to Get Hectic (1992)
9. Native Assassins – Strap on the Mask (1992)
10. Sinister Voicez – Meet Ya Maker (1994)
11. Pure Sinister – You Know My Style (1993)
12. Quannie feat. LSD – Dem Not Know (1994)
13. Imperial – What They Want (1994)
14. Pudgee – Swing It Like This (1994)
15. Tross – Another Classic (1998)
16. Shadowz in da Dark – Shadow Boxing (Demo Pass) (1994)
17. Pudgee – Sells (1995)
18. Miilkbone – Ghetto Biz (Original Version) (1994)
19. Shabaam Sahdeeq – Original Man (1993)
20. Cella Dwellas – I’m Tellin’ U (Original Version) (1997)

Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Nice Work Debonair P !!! thanx

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Debonair_P wrote:New release on GRR: Nick Wiz - Cellar Selections 4 (1992-1998). Limited to 300 copies on black 2LP wax in a pic cover.
Good fuckin shit man!! I think I ordered it less then 5 mins after you sent the email. haha

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

^ Many thanks guys!

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

im way late on this but how much of a sound quality improvement was the black bastards 2008 reissue

procelebritygolf

MORE FLORIDA HEAT!!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

lol Triflicts Demo for 65 EUROS...the bootleg Gorillas are @it again...I told some of ya all early to get at Gab Gotcha if I'm not mistaken...if you cop the rest of the trash it's 50 though...let's see how the remaster turns out...doesn't seem like there is a master or DATS.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

hahaha "extra clear sound"...i thought they were dead by now

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

cot damn even 50 is doing "limited"wax now...

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

This new limited-edition Ultramag record just went up for sale at Dusty Groove record store in Chicago, feel free to order your copy at http://www.dustygroove.com/item/700705
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

was just about to post this Ultramagnetic release Brandon... always eager to hear more Paul C unreleased engineering and mixes. too bad we can't hear the actual track without copping the 7" despite it being so limited. i reckon at least a 1:30 snippet should be mandatory for such an expensive release.. oh well, we'll hear it sooner or later
http://www.claaa7.blogspot.com

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Pre-orders are now live as of this morning...

This record is from 1991 and was previously released as their demos under the moniker "E.S.P."
(which stands for the EVERYDAY STREET POETS). 6 songs total that have been reworked and remastered.

1. WE GETS FUNKY
2. MR. TROUBLEMAKER
3. NIGGAZ AIN'T LAUGHING NO MORE
4. WADADADANG
5. L.A. LAW
6. WELCOME TO THE GROOVEYARD

http://soundcloud.com/dope-folks-records/esp-welcome-to-the-grooveyard-alkaholiks-demos

- www.dopefolksrecords.bigcartel.com

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

That Liks release looks dope. I wish someone could get their hands on Mekolicious' Demo Tape. Id cop that in a heartbeat

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

madstadik wrote:I wish someone could get their hands on Mekolicious' Demo Tape. I'd cop that in a heartbeat

I wish the same. Isn't there the rumor that Pete Rock DID press some copies of a Mekolicious EP back in '96? Around the same time Pete pressed copies of his own joint "Greenbacks"?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Man I wish one of these dope vinyl labels could make some contact with pete. Hes prolly stingy as hell with this kinda stuff but man besides Nas, Pete prolly has the most unreleased dope shit

illest

Post by illest »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
madstadik wrote:I wish someone could get their hands on Mekolicious' Demo Tape. I'd cop that in a heartbeat

I wish the same. Isn't there the rumor that Pete Rock DID press some copies of a Mekolicious EP back in '96? Around the same time Pete pressed copies of his own joint "Greenbacks"?
true

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I think Pete might be a douche when it comes to unreleased 90ies stuff. He will learn - they all gon...