Obscure/Semi-Obscure LPs 1991-1995

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

I heard Street Dwellaz off of the Hard 2 Obtain album a while ago, and thought it was dope. Thats why I wanted the tracklisting, I still need to check it out.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Is the Tony D album any good?

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Diggedy wrote:Is the Tony D album any good?
i like it, but i'm kinda a groupie for dudes productions. for the most part (except one or two duds) the beats are on par with what he was doing for prt & king sun at the time. he's a producer on the mic, so expect what you would from that, but he's competant and his subject matter is surprisingly interesting.

and he reps trenton soo hard, you can't see it in the pic but he's got the damn trentonian in his jacket

here's the only review i could find on the internet http://www.breakz4dayz.com/rewind-TD.htm

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

be black

nuff said.....

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

multsanta wrote:
Diggedy wrote:Is the Tony D album any good?
i like it, but i'm kinda a groupie for dudes productions. for the most part (except one or two duds) the beats are on par with what he was doing for prt & king sun at the time. he's a producer on the mic, so expect what you would from that, but he's competant and his subject matter is surprisingly interesting.

and he reps trenton soo hard, you can't see it in the pic but he's got the damn trentonian in his jacket

here's the only review i could find on the internet http://www.breakz4dayz.com/rewind-TD.htm

u know he posts frequently over at the ughh producer board right?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

bumped for the resourceful shit

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

This classic deserves a mention

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

ScholarWenis wrote:Image
Thats was kinda dope, and really overlooked.

And this was HIGHLY slept on, I didnt even know it was released until a couple years ago.

someone from on here told me that the members of Ill Biskits don't even have copies of that albums themselves...I don't have any to add you have all said what I would have listed...

Cenobites and Juggaknots

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

other people mentioned this album, but I felt like mentioning it again, cuz it's a personal favorite of mine...

A.D.O.R.'s Shock Frequency, which is essentially just a revamped version of The Concrete (which was shelved) and features most of Ador's early nineties material didn't drop until 98, but is definitely a 93-95 era album... the production is handled Pete Rock, Diamond D, Marley Marl & K-Def, & Clark Kent and all are right in their primes, dropping some of their best shit...

PEACE

jimmy78

Post by jimmy78 »

Spartan wrote:This classic deserves a mention

LOL

Man, that takes me back! At the time, i thought this was the shit! I listened again recently and changed my opinion!

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

A.D.O.R.'s Shock Frequency, which is essentially just a revamped version of The Concrete (which was shelved)

yeah atlantic dropped him and he literally started his own label for the sole purpose of getting this released

but is definitely a 93-95 era album

all the way...he even shouts 1993 several times on the record

the production is handled Pete Rock, Diamond D, Marley Marl & K-Def, & Clark Kent and all are right in their primes, dropping some of their best shit

no doubt...'enter the center' in one of petes most slept on and finest beats...diamond loops a nice ass horn on 'kid is crazy'...also wille gunz sampled harold melvin on here that was later used in the rainy dayz remix

its amazing how many people think pete rock did this whole album and are surprised when they find out he only did two tracks

B. Ware tha Siniq

clark bent wrote: its amazing how many people think pete rock did this whole album and are surprised when they find out he only did two tracks
yeah... but to be fair the production does have a very fluid vibe to it... very well produced album... "The Rush" might be my favorite beat on there and it's Diamond D... Marley & K-Def come with it... as do Clark Kent and Pete Rock...

only beef with the album is sometimes ador is a little too high pitchy and kind of soft sounding... like his delivery is dope, and his lyrics can be solid, but he seems to go out of his way to avoid cussin' etc... kind of gives it a little bit of a "kid rap" feel to it... still dope...

I just did a little half.com check out too (not all from the 91-95 era, but a bunch of stuff my collection has been sorely lacking, plus a couple things from this thread):

Shyheim - AKA The Rugged Child
Funkdoobiest - Which Doobie U B?
YG'Z - Street Nigga
Pudgee the Phat Bastard - Give 'Em The Finger
Real Live - The Turnaround: A Long Awaited Drama

35 bones...

PEACE

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I am suprised no has mentioned these...(if someone has sorry)

Thanks to Danjo for these images

B. Ware tha Siniq

Sam Sever KILLS that Downtown Science album on the beats

PEACE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This thread needed its yearly lift. Too good not to re-read.

blabberingbullshit
Location: I would pull out your tiny dick and attack it with a cheese grater

Post by blabberingbullshit »