Vinyl (VLS) & CD (CDS) Singles

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

Your right Shadowmaster but this "lets drop n-bombs cuz its the thing to do and everybody's doin it" is a serious problem not in just every race but the african american specifically. I'm not hearin caucasians walking around callin each other crackers n kikes. I'm not hearin latinos callin each other spics. I'm not hearin asians callin each other kinks. I'm hearin caucasians callin other caucasians niggas. I'm hearin latinos callin each other niggas. I'm hearin asians callin asians niggas. I know why their doin it but do they. And when it bleeds into my fellow hip hoppers from overseas or the states that want to get mad n press charges to start callin me a nigger or a monkey, then yea its an issue and your right people are fucked up man.............

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Upload something or GTFO this thread.

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

how ya luv that for an upper?

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

that upload was meant just for you and your request diggy lol

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

Who the fuck is this Diggy wannabe thread debo godfather of L's clown tryna cuss at people about a thread cocksucker anyway

Matlock

Post by Matlock »

@ mod
Please do rikfox a favour and ban!

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

:rofl:

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

@matlock
do me a favor n do what that girl is doin to the banana

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

@matlock
I bet u can do that to diggy

Versive

Post by Versive »

I have a question regarding ripping vinyls. I've recently come into hundreds of records, so my collection basically doubled over night. I want to rip some of these to my computer for the purposes of sharing and sampling. Is a top-of-the-line USB turntable enough to get high-quality rips or will I need some sort of intermediary? Also, what model(s) do yall recommend?

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

usb turntable is good, just make sure you always keep it grounded because of line hum n u dont want that, acoustica mixcraft has some basic software that u can rip vinyl, btw what kind of vinyl u have?

any 90's midschool hip hop ? u tryna sell any of those?

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

hmm didnt we have a neatly written up ripping guide in the t.r.o.y. forum? where did it go..

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

you can also try acon digital's acoustica 5 which is good for ripping n restoration, I've been using this for years

http://www.acondigital.com/us_Downloads.html

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

Versive

Post by Versive »

rikfox wrote:usb turntable is good, just make sure you always keep it grounded because of line hum n u dont want that, acoustica mixcraft has some basic software that u can rip vinyl, btw what kind of vinyl u have?

:lol: dude said midschool. the fuck is that yo?

The vast majority of the comeup was from my neighbor: jazz, disco, classic rock, some new wave, few novelty joints, no hip-hop.

However, on National Record Store day, last Saturday, I spent a good amount on hip-hop and went to a place that had maaaaad free singles of varying condition. Aint saying where though :gyeah: and even before the fact, i already had a good amount of singles/eps I could post. early 80s-early 00s, not selling

Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Last edited by Versive on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

rikfox wrote:usb turntable is good, just make sure you always keep it grounded because of line hum n u dont want that, acoustica mixcraft has some basic software that u can rip vinyl, btw what kind of vinyl u have?

I was advised not to use USB turntables, was that bullshit advice? Also, should you use a fancy soundcard, or is the built in PC one OK if you got a decent one with your machine (onboard audio with 24bit options etc etc). Edit I know a couple of older guys who don't give a shit about music anymore but have large selections of vinyl, I just never wanted to appear like a vulture or as though I'm trying to rip them off. Some people think any random crap can sell for thousands online.

Versive

Post by Versive »

serch4beatz wrote:http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 74#2406674 ah here's the guide
I've totally seen this guide before, but totally forgot about it. I am stoned (and probably was when I saw this last). Thread's going into my favorites.

What about hardware though? Which USB turntable yall recommend?

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

midschool is what about 95% of this forum is based on

aye shadowmaster usb tt's aint good for like spinnin parties n sht, but if he jus doin like lil rips n sht of 80's n jazz records n sht, yea its cheap, a lil 16 bit sound card yea will do, but me personally I use firewire cuz the transfer rate is faster plus its a 96 khz sound which is clean when I'm recording, and u cant never go wrong wit da technics

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

verge thanks for the isolated showers vls upper, its dope, havent heard of that one either

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

rikfox wrote:midschool is what about 95% of this forum is based on

aye shadowmaster usb tt's aint good for like spinnin parties n sht, but if he jus doin like lil rips n sht of 80's n jazz records n sht, yea its cheap, a lil 16 bit sound card yea will do, but me personally I use firewire cuz the transfer rate is faster plus its a 96 khz sound which is clean when I'm recording, and u cant never go wrong wit da technics
OK thanks, I have a shitty but not too shitty soundcard. I'd probably use a better turntable next time I rip something, as that prevents needing to rip the vinyl again in future.

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

i need to make a correction..........
I have an m-audio 410 firewire in which it uses 96 khz
, my sound card is a 24 bit sound blaster card though which is pretty good........yea the needle makes a serious difference too cuz some needles just have plain old drone phantom noise that u cant get rid of too, I use the shure m-44 and my tt's have gold plated rca's which I have them connected to 1/4 '' balanced inputs on my rane ttm-56 mixer so its a very decent sound.......just make sure ur needle is pretty good grade like an ortofon or the shure needles r dope

Verge

Post by Verge »

Desperately need a Rane mixer.. and a second Technic.. And another headshell/cartridge/needle.. and my MPC fixed.. and a better paying job cause i can't afford a damn one of those things, lol.

rikfox

Post by rikfox »

lol aye you'll get to em I know u will playa

Versive

Post by Versive »

So what I'm gathering is that for playback, just a usb tt with no external soundcard is fine, but this setup probably wouldn't yield sample-friendly rips.

Correct?

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

Versive wrote:So what I'm gathering is that for playback, just a usb tt with no external soundcard is fine, but this setup probably wouldn't yield sample-friendly rips.

Correct?
i've recorded vinyl using a usb tt and they sound pretty good. however,condition of the record is crucial. you probably only want to mess with at least vg+ records. if you have this turntable and are thinking about buying a decent cartridge/needle, i wouldn't bother. from what i've read, the tone arm isn't really on par to handle anything fancy. if you've balanced a tone arm on a higher quality turntable you'll notice that the usb tt is pretty crappy in comparison. but all that aside, it's a great entry level turntable and you're not breaking the bank.

if you're more serious, i'd recommend getting a Audio Technica ATLP120, rougly 200 on amazon. This turntable looks and feels like a technic 1200 in part because i believe it was made by the same guy that created it. it has glowing reviews anywhere you check. i'd pair that puppy up with shure m44 or 97xe. ortofon's , i hear, are excellent as well. dollar for dollar, nothing's fucking with this set up.

i know it's a lot pricier than the usb tt, but in the long run, you're going to have a real nice set up and great sounding recordings. plus peace of mind of not having to replace it within a few years.

i would not recommend a technic 1200 or any other mid/high end turntable UNLESS you were using it to DJ.

you also want to get a decent mixer/preamp. preferably one where you can adjust the levels/eq. you definitely do not want to use the USB feature on any turntable over a preamp/mixer - due to anything from low quality recordings to noise/hum (not related to grounding).

if you do wind up getting that usb tt, holla at me and i can walk you through set up if you like.

:cheers:

Versive

Post by Versive »

Word, I've had the AT-PL50 (hooked up to a Technics SA-EX140 Receiver) for years and was actually thinking about upgrading to the ATLP120 even before I considered ripping records to my computer, so I'll probbly go with that.

And most likely I can scrounge up an M-Audio preamp from one of my friends if need be.

Thank you very much.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Now that I've derailed the thread from its prior derailment, here's a little something to get it back on track. (I already posted this in the Wu rarities thread but for anybody who missed it, this is definitely worth your time.)

http://www.divshare.com/download/17516933-89d

Sunz of Man record from 1994 when they recorded under the name Da Last Future. A guy on discogs is asking almost $1200 for this. http://www.discogs.com/Da-Last-Future-D ... se/1333260

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you have this record? Been after a copy of this for ages goddamn haha
also that dude asking this price is known just for exorbitant prices..but yeah the record fetches usually around 3-400bucks on ebay

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

Versive wrote:Now that I've derailed the thread from its prior derailment, here's a little something to get it back on track. (I already posted this in the Wu rarities thread but for anybody who missed it, this is definitely worth your time.)

http://www.divshare.com/download/17516933-89d

Sunz of Man record from 1994 when they recorded under the name Da Last Future. A guy on discogs is asking almost $1200 for this. http://www.discogs.com/Da-Last-Future-D ... se/1333260
thanks, i had Da Last Future - Livin In Hell Bw Mental Combat (1994) backtotheunderground.blogspot but it just has 3 tracks on it.