L*Roneous Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Wreck-It

L-Roneous "Imaginarium"

Post by Wreck-It »

Remember this album? This dude was on fucking point lyrically back when this came out. Some real original shit, track after track. The beats were consistent as fuck, the rhymes were even more so, just a rare one all around. I remember that track he did called "I Got", not the remix, don't think it was on the album, maybe some unreleased shit. Shit was also classic in my opinion, anyone got that? Anyway, I think it's pretty unrecognized and this guy shows he had some next level shit under the surface, but I guess heads weren't ready at the time... I don't know.

Appreciate motherfuckers: :cheers:

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

word word. I dig this joint a lot. His flow is real ill, and he got and ill way to him...mad poetic. Zephyr was dope on the beats too. one of my personal favorites no question. He has a new joint that just came out I think Roller Coaster? His flow is still the same but the beats werent all that great IMO.
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

Nav

Post by Nav »

Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

kartman

Post by kartman »

Guys, I've been looking for this album on CD format for quite a long time now. If anybody has any info, please send me a pm. Thanks in advance.

Thun

Post by Thun »

He has a whole new album out now (not the Roller Coaster EP, which was from last year).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/notes- ... d422939082

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

I just uploaded this dope remix of L'Chemy (by Skratch Perverts) on youtube last night:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fesky70IGTw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fesky70IGTw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Verge

Post by Verge »

I love the og but that's a pretty damn nice remix. Thanks.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Verge wrote:I love the og but that's a pretty damn nice remix. Thanks.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Could someone please re-up the lp? I missed out on this and from the praise it's gotten in this thread I'd really like to check it out.

The HiQHiphop link is dead too.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Thun

Post by Thun »

shadowmaster wrote:Could someone please re-up the lp? I missed out on this and from the praise it's gotten in this thread I'd really like to check it out.

The HiQHiphop link is dead too.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2d1zwd1noua

Next time,

go to google type "artist album title filestube."

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Thanks man, I actually use Filestube but usually for really common stuff. I wasn't sure if this would be there. Thanks again, though.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Mr. J Selectah

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

Wow, i'm surprised, never thought this would see "the light of day" here. Damn, this thread is way dope, and at the same time a big regret for me, but i gotta say you deserve credit for this Verge. See, last year (i don't remember exactly when), i wanted to do a thread for L'roneous, more like a compilation with everything that he has been envolved in or collabos with other artists, because i think he never got the proper recognition. Eventually i gave up the idea, because i wasn't feeling T.R.O.Y. anymore, at least the way i used to...but hey, i'm going to spice up this thread...check this out people, here's a second album coming.

L'Roneous-Purposely powerful (2004)

01-L'roneous-Intro
02-L'roneous-Hop
03-L'roneous feat. Chemistry-The dragon king
04-L'roneous-From under a cloud
05-L'roneous feat. Cait la Dee-Unisol
06-L'roneous-Freestyle
07-L'roneous feat. Gennessee-D.l. hot
08-L'roneous-Everytime
09-L'Roneous-A song called love
10-L'roneous-My open focus
11-L'roneous-The picture show
12-L'roneous-Speakin easy (Jake One mix)
13-L'roneous-The carnival
14-L'roneous feat. Cait la Dee-Overkill
15-L'roneous-Street journalism
16-L'roneous feat. Dogwood-Stray shots
17-L'roneous-Swing
18-L'roneous-Bonus cut

http://www.mediafire.com/?wb2u34sxyv68b8e
"You should let your man speak on your behalf, because when i let my blade slice, you'll just be half!"

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I've checked some of the LP, and this shit is dope, there's no more for me to say. Thanks for all the posts and I hope the other links are alive. This is some shit right here, I wish I had checked it out earlier.

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

I don't recall ever hearing Purposely Powerful in its entirety before, thanks for the link Mr. J.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Wreck-It

Post by Wreck-It »

How about that track "I Got"? Anyone have a good quality version of the original? That shit is a highlight of his work in my opinion. Dope beat, and his flow on this was tight on some earthly shit... yea..

harbourmc

Post by harbourmc »

crank that sambo wrote:Imaginarium was my 2nd favorite album from 2000... classic.

The one thing I was thinking the whole time I was listening though is that he sounds a little too similar to Aceyalone. Same type of flow, same type of painstakingly layered lyrics... they even have similar voices

EDIT: lol, just noticed I said 2000 instead of 2002... my bad

Any time i listen to that first L'ron album, i start to picture a fusion of pre-one day common and Aceyalone from around that time. If All Balls and Resurrection had a baby, i think it would be Imaginarium. Big fan of all three.