:: The Official King Tech Wake Up Show Thread ::

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

mostly because of faulty RAM in your system (packing archives is a ram heavy operation)

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

serch4beatz wrote:mostly because of faulty RAM in your system (packing archives is a ram heavy operation)
Wow, that's good to know... Thanks for the heads up! Enjoy the shows...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

aj41510

Get at me

Post by aj41510 »

[quote="Hip_Hop_Head_SF"][quote="serch4beatz"]mostly because of faulty RAM in your system (packing archives is a ram heavy operation)[/quote]

Wow, that's good to know... Thanks for the heads up! Enjoy the shows

You never got back to me about converting these tapes. I have a bunch of them....Let me know...aj41510@yahoo.com

grass

Post by grass »

I have the full freestylesession, maybe even the whole show from when Eminem debuted on The Wake Up Show. The freestylesession is long as hell and features: G Rap, Kwest The Mad Ladd, Talib Kweli, Juice, Craig G, Eminem & Thirstin Howl III if I'm not mistaken. I will try to hook it up for you even though it will take a little while since I'm short of a cable between the tapedeck and the computer.
Fuck that Serato MP3 shit! Keep it dusty!!!

YOUNGMOE

Post by YOUNGMOE »

i got a three or four old tapes of the kmel era wake up show
shit was way better

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: Side A (48:28)

-Freestyle Session with Kombo, Amad Jamal & Phoenix aka Slim Kid of
File: http://www.mediafire.com/?ywgg2y0jj22 (New Link)
Looking for 2 beat IDs

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 421004-a58" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 421004-a58" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

Any ideas?

Thanks

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF, anymore shows in the pipeline?

Thanks

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

bad-cop wrote:Hip_Hop_Head_SF, anymore shows in the pipeline?

Thanks

BC
YES!!! Sorry I've been laggin. I've been in "mixtape mode" the last couple of months and been recording Mix CD's here at home. Will get more up soon...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

I'm gonna get back to posting more of my old Wake Up Shows. Also, I have some tapes of just freestyle sessions from 1993 and 1994 from a few different shows back then.

Here's one of the tapes I converted the other week! I still gotta get it up on Megaupload or something... Stay tuned!

Hiphop Freestyleג€™s 1993

Side A (63:30)

Interview Session with Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest & Posdnous of De La Soul from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest & Sonic Boom from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Casual from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Interview/Freestyle Session with Black Moon & Smif-N-Wessun from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Raggedy Man - Stretch & Bobbito Freestyle played on The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle/Interview Session with Da King & I from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Phone Call with Doug E. Fresh from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with Black Moon from Project Sound on 90.5 KSJS San Jose (1993)
Freestyle Session with Da King & I from Project Sound on 90.5 KSJS San Jose (1993)
Freestyle Session with Numskull, Lyrical C., Da King & I and Dopestyle from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)

Side B (62:01)

Various Station IDג€™s from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Interview Session with Da King & I from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Numskull, Lyrical C., Da King & I and Dopestyle from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Interview/Freestyle Session with Das EFX from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Spice 1, Half Pint & G-Nut from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with The B.U.M.S. from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with Lyrical C., Dopestyle, Numskull & Rob Jackson from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Shyheim, Pop The Brown Hornet & Down Low Recka from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)

And I did seperate a few of those freestyle sessions already. I'll post those seperate links as well.

But yo, what's funny is that here in the Bay Area on Friday nights was the King Tech Wake Up Show so folks would roll through there, which was in San Francisco, and then Saturday folks would come down to San Jose and hit up that Project Sound show which was on in the late afternoons. Then on Sunday evenings/nights everyone would roll through Kevvy Kev's THE DRUM POSSE with DJ Kutmasta Kurt on 90.1 KZSU Stanford. Crazy!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

william g.

Post by william g. »

RandyWest78 wrote:I'm gonna get back to posting more of my old Wake Up Shows. Also, I have some tapes of just freestyle sessions from 1993 and 1994 from a few different shows back then.

Here's one of the tapes I converted the other week! I still gotta get it up on Megaupload or something... Stay tuned!

Hiphop Freestyleג€™s 1993

Side A (63:30)

Interview Session with Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest & Posdnous of De La Soul from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest & Sonic Boom from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Casual from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Interview/Freestyle Session with Black Moon & Smif-N-Wessun from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Raggedy Man - Stretch & Bobbito Freestyle played on The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle/Interview Session with Da King & I from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Phone Call with Doug E. Fresh from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with Black Moon from Project Sound on 90.5 KSJS San Jose (1993)
Freestyle Session with Da King & I from Project Sound on 90.5 KSJS San Jose (1993)

Side B (62:01)

Various Station IDג€™s from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Interview Session with Da King & I from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Interview/Freestyle Session with Das EFX from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Spice 1, Half Pint & G-Nut from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with The B.U.M.S. from The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL San Francisco (1993)
Freestyle Session with Lyrical C., Dopestyle, Numskull & Rob Jackson from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)
Freestyle Session with Shyheim, Pop The Brown Hornet & Down Low Recka from The Drum Posse on 90.1 KZSU Stanford (1993)

And I did seperate a few of those freestyle sessions already. I'll post those seperate links as well.

But yo, what's funny is that here in the Bay Area on Friday nights was the King Tech Wake Up Show so folks would roll through there, which was in San Francisco, and then Saturday folks would come down to San Jose and hit up that Project Sound show which was on in the late afternoons. Then on Sunday evenings/nights everyone would roll through Kevvy Kev's THE DRUM POSSE with DJ Kutmasta Kurt on 90.1 KZSU Stanford. Crazy!

^Can't wait for the DL links to go up for those freestyles/interviews..

Thank's!

(VFL)

jesse_velazquez

Re: :: The Official King Tech Wake Up Show Thread ::

Post by jesse_velazquez »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:In this thread, I'll be posting up full shows of The King Tech Wake Up Show. All commercials are edited out and some songs are edited out to make sure I was able to record to the end. Enjoy...

The King Tech Wake Up Show
106.1fm KMEL San Francisco, CA

I recorded this 2-night Gavin Special on six 90-minute tapes. Also, these 2 shows are where Wake Up Show Freestyles Vol. 1 came from...

The King Tech Wake Up Show Gavin Special 02.18.1994
Special 5-hour Live Broadcast 10pm-3am Friday Night 2/18/1994 with Sway, King Tech, Kevvy Kev, Mo (Motion Man) and Joe Quixx.

-Part 1 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (47:28)

AMG
Patra
Grand Daddy I.U.
Freddy Foxxx
Wu-Tang Clan and Shyheim

-Part 2 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (47:42)

Wu-Tang Clan and Shyheim
Champ M.C.
Supernatural
Akinyele
Original Flavor and Jay-Z

-Part 3 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (47:17)

Hard 2 Obtain
Biggie Smalls aka The Notorious B.I.G.
The Fugees
Masta Ace and Lord Digga

-Part 4 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (48:28)

Masta Ace and Lord Digga
Milk Dee
Buju Banton
Born Jamericans
Gang Starr and Jeru The Damaja

-Part 5 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (47:23)

Krash Man
Odd Squad
2-Low and 5th Ward Boyz
Dred Scott
Outkast

-Part 6 with Co-Host Kool DJ Red Alert (47:25)

H.W.A.
N-Tyce
*BONUS*
Nas and Big L on The Dogg Pound on 103.3fm KSCU Santa Clara 02.19.1994 (3-6pm)

The King Tech Wake Up Show Gavin Special 02.19.1994
Special 5-hour Live Broadcast 10pm-3am Saturday Night 2/19/1994 with Sway, King Tech, Kevvy Kev, Mo (Motion Man) and Joe Quixx.

-Part 7 with Co-Host Funkmaster Flex (46:35)

Daddy-O
The Nappy Headz
MC Eiht

-Part 8 (47:18)

Kool G Rap & DJ Polo
Tha Alkaholiks
MC Serch
DFC
Mel-low

-Part 9 (49:56)

Warren G and The Twinz
Maestro Fresh-Wes
King Just
Black Moon

-Part 10 (47:03)

Smif-N-Wessun
Simple E.
Coolio
The Whooliganz
Kool Keith

-Part 11 with Co-Host Bobbito (46:08)

Kool Keith
Nas and L.E.S.
Schooly D.
Kurious
Jayo Felony
Yaggfu Front

-Part 12 (47:12)

Yaggfu Front
The Leigon
Ed O.G. & Da Bulldogs
Nefertiti
The Real Half Pint and Will of Rap Pack
Jamal-Ski

Quality: 256 kbps
Size: 1023.18 MB
File: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YYNS5BL0
Damn this is an awsome rip man. Thanks

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Re: :: The Official King Tech Wake Up Show Thread ::

Post by Wicked »

jesse_velazquez wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:I recorded this 2-night Gavin Special on six 90-minute tapes. Also, these 2 shows are where Wake Up Show Freestyles Vol. 1 came from...
Damn this is an awsome rip man. Thanks
haha No doubt! I still remember listening to those two shows live Friay and Saturday night back then in '94... Shit was dope.

I gotta get on the ball and start converting my tapes again... It's been a minute.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

jesse_velazquez

I know what you mean. Its a pain in the ass to have to record in realtime and upload. Its worth it in the end, but damn it sucks.

jesse_velazquez

Just listen to a couple of more you put up. And I dloaded your version of the the same one I have.good shit. sounds better and its got more time on it. Thanks, I used to love taping back in the day, I just hated being broke and having to tape over my other tapes to get these shows somtimes.lol