Bootleg mixtape site - do not use!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

step one

Bootleg mixtape site - do not use!

Post by step one »

This dude has collected a load of mixtape rips by the likes of myself, Grime & Lime and others and is selling them as collections on USBs at https://theboogievault.myshopify.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I'm sure i don't need to explain here why this is fucked up but suffice to say sharing tapes is something that takes time, effort (and sometimes money) and we do it just to share good music without expecting anything in return. A thank you or comment is cool and if others reciprocate and put their own tapes up all the better. People like this just fuck things up for everyone.

If he's got something you want chances are it's almost certainly available elsewhere for free.

if you want to send him a message telling him he's bootlegging piece of shit feel free :lol:
Last edited by step one on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

TheBigSleep

Re: Bootleg mixtape site - do not use!

Post by TheBigSleep »

Instant response:
TheBigSleep wrote:These aren't even your rips. Stop selling other people's MP3s, you are a vulture and a disgrace to the online hip hop community.
mixtapeclassics95@gmail.com wrote:How do you know? Do you have proof or going off of heresay?

Check my instagram, i post the process of ripping and my collection daily.

God bless

Sent from my iPhone
:icedit:

Unsolicited follow-up:
mixtapeclassics95@gmail.com wrote:Provide the proof big sheep. Where are the rips that belong to other people?

How do you know? Where is your proof? How are you able to determine?
Notice how he never really denies it, just wants to know how I know. The Instagram proves nothing by the way.

step one

Post by step one »

Nice work Sleep.

I went back and forth with him for a bit and had spell it out very clearly with links to my site. He's used the same file names and in some cases not changed the date format from UK to US which is kind of a give away.
Eventually without admitting it or apologising he just tells me he'll remove the shows.

The thing with radio shows is he's trying to claim he hit play and record at the same time as a bunch of the tapes I have, yet doesn't have any ones I don't have? FOH. Entirely possible he has actual mixtapes like Kay Slay, Green Lantern etc but if he's leeching radio rips he's probably doing the same with a lot of the mixtapes. Why wouldn't he.

Crazy thing was he had the audacity to tell me to stop posting our email convo online (on G&L's blog comments) as it was private and he didnt give permission!

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

That's fucked up Step. Maybe worth considering puttin a drop or 2 on your radio rips to 'watermark' and mess things up for bootleggers like this piece of garbage

step one

Post by step one »

djfilthyrich wrote:That's fucked up Step. Maybe worth considering puttin a drop or 2 on your radio rips to 'watermark' and mess things up for bootleggers like this piece of garbage
think its too late for that, I've put so much out there already and I'm not overly bothered about credit but if someone else starts trying to profit off it without any acknowledgement of mine and other peoples efforts that's fucked up. There's rules to this shit like Biggie said :lol: I'll hook anyone up if they ask me nicely, a please and thank you goes a long way.

I think the guy might've had one or two cease and desist emails since last night after I made a few moves :gyeah:
Last edited by step one on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

that's fucked up. ain't some of the dj's of his catalogue selling their own stuff? I could be wrong but I thought I read about tony touch selling all his hip hop mixtapes on a usb stick for a reasonablle price - maybe it could make sense to point him to this boootlegger guy...

step one

Post by step one »

Yeah i tagged Tony Touch and some other DJs when i mentioned it on Twitter. I know at least one has got in touch and told him to remove mixes since then.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Here's a link to report his site to the host, https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

step one wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:That's fucked up Step. Maybe worth considering puttin a drop or 2 on your radio rips to 'watermark' and mess things up for bootleggers like this piece of garbage
think its too late for that, I've put so much out there already and I'm not overly bothered about credit but if someone else starts trying to profit off it without any acknowledgement of mine and other peoples efforts that's fucked up. There's rules to this shit like Biggie said :lol: I'll hook anyone up if they ask me nicely, a please and thank you goes a long way.

I think the guy might've had one or two cease and desist emails since last night after I made a few moves :gyeah:
lol love it!

planless

Post by planless »

hmmmh, when I posted a vinyl at insta, stuff that is not on discogs, not even a google entry, I was also offered money for a rip. I then sent the wavefile over to the people for free. it is not my music!
but mixtapeclassics seems to be a big bluffer
from the site: "MP3/M4A/WAV Format (varies by tape)" ... SUSPECT! if he serious about his business why not all in wave?
from an insta post: I spend time mastering the audio of the cassettes to get them to sound really really good. No different from listening to a CD.
WHUT? :shittylikesometp: :naswtf:

anyway I think he needs the money for a new printer, I´m sure most of these tapes are dummys. no cassettes inside.
I know these tapes were heavily dubbed and bootlegged, I bought roundabout 300 tapes myself and I can say I don´t have that many TDK cases. :lol:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I sent that fuckin faggot a message... smh

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

You do that shit and I'm sorry, but it RUINS it. Seriously!!! I fuckin HATE when people feel the need to do that shit. SMFH

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
You do that shit and I'm sorry, but it RUINS it. Seriously!!! I fuckin HATE when people feel the need to do that shit. SMFH
You're the only one who's complained about it, so as we discussed before, the problem is mainly yours. The mix is by no means 'ruined'.
Think about it.....if you let a 3 second tag 'ruin' a whole 3 minute track, then that's mainly a mental issue you need to get over.

And the need to do that shit is exactly for people like this idiot who's bootlegging. if you think about it.....i mean REALLY think about what i just said....it makes sense

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

djfilthyrich wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
You're the only one who's complained about it, so as we discussed before, the problem is mainly yours. The mix is by no means 'ruined'.
Think about it.....if you let a 3 second tag 'ruin' a whole 3 minute track, then that's mainly a mental issue you need to get over.

And the need to do that shit is exactly for people like this idiot who's bootlegging. if you think about it.....i mean REALLY think about what i just said....it makes sense
We will continue to agree to disagree. I wouldn't like someone takin one of my 79 minute live vinyl mixes and claiming it was theirs, but at the end of the day I would know it's my mix and that's all that really fuckin matters. Tag's are LAME and they ruin songs, mixes, etc. Share somethin because you wanna share it not cuz you want some kind of props or recognition or whatever. *shrugs*

And just because I'm the only one who's complained about it doesn't mean no one else dislikes it... maybe it just isn't as big of a deal to them. It is what it is...

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

I have to agree with wicked, dj drops would make mixes unlistenable for me ... makes zero sense if it's just a rip and not even your own mix...

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

:fail:

Messaging some venom to this trash bag

step one

Post by step one »

:cheers:

Yeah i wouldn't put drops over anything that wasn't my own mix. If i was that bothered about it I wouldn't upload and share it in the first place.