Philaflava.com :: • View topic - Freestyles, Demos, Assorted Rarities




It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 890 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
been transferring tapes all weekend so here is a few things:

-misc freestyles: http://www.sendspace.com/file/356h2a

1)Krs One, Lord Finesse, & Supernatural on Stretch Armstong with Lord
Finesse on the SP-12

2)Mic Geronimo on the Stretch Armstrong Show

3)Supernatural on the Stretch Armstrong Show

4)Smoothe Da Hustler Freestyle from 106 Jams Chicago in '95

-misc rarities: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ymch0z

DJ Clear feat OC and Poops-A Clear Day Intro
DR Octagon w/Sir Menelik: pretty sure this didn't get released and I got
it from a Bobbito show.
Trends Of Culture-Who Got My Back Remix w/Treach and Method Man
Ras Kass, Saafir, Voodu!, Aarogant-Handle The Truth (rough)


I forgot to include the other unreleased Trend Of Culture track "Coming From The Underground" (Featuring Da King & I and Pudgee) so if anyone needs that let me know and I'll post it.

I'll be adding more to this thread later....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:57 pm 
Offline
O.G. Borky Johnson

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Posts: 1918
whoa, thanks again kevin :cheers:
and yesss, post that trendz track
:cheers:

_________________
http://www.thetroyblog.com
http://heavyjewelz.bigcartel.com/
http://heavyjewelz.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Posts: 1375
Location: Los Angeles
Thanks Kev! :bow: T.R.O.Y. Member of the month!

I've always been looking for that Who's Got My Back Remix in "Good" Quality!

_________________
http://beatbopscholar.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 pm
Posts: 1650
thomasv wrote:
Thanks Kev! :bow: T.R.O.Y. Member of the month!

:cheers: :bow: :cheers: :bow:
Phenomenal stuff lately Kevin.

_________________
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 am
Posts: 1163
Those Stretch & Bobbito shows hold gems. What I'd give to hear a show like that nowadays... Mad props on everything thus far. I will be awaiting that Coming From The Underground track. :cheers:

_________________
"The sweetest Revolutionary."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hm7p2v


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Posts: 1375
Location: Los Angeles
kevin beacham wrote:
my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hm7p2v

:ohsh: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

Is it from a radio show? (didn't download yet)

_________________
http://beatbopscholar.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
no I think it might be from Grapevine himself. He is/was friends with Grav (Gravity) who dropped that Kanye produced album in Chicago in '96. At the time, I was hanging out with Grav on the reg so I got it from him I believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 am
Posts: 1163
Hmm. Sounds like it was from a radio show or just a rough take... they're freestyling and doing shout-outs towards the end. Nevertheless, it's ill.

Edit:

kevin beacham wrote:
no


Didn't see that there.

_________________
"The sweetest Revolutionary."


Last edited by Ho1ogramz on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:13 pm
Posts: 7336
kevin beacham wrote:
my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hm7p2v


:cheers:

This one contains a sample of Jack McDuff's "Shadow Of Your Smile". It's the same track that was used for these three:

Rhymefest - Lazy Rap
De La Soul - Ego Trippin' (LA Jay Remix)
Da King And I - Ghetto Instinct

Jack McDuff - Shadow Of Your Smile
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6245996-c09" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6245996-c09" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

_________________
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 2680
Location: Phoenixville, Pa.
that smoothe the hustler freestyle is crazy good looks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
Mansfield Status wrote:
that smoothe the hustler freestyle is crazy good looks.


Yeah, I was helping out Profile Records at the time so I was with him on his radio and retail runs for this so I got to record it at the station. That day I also interviewed him for Caught In The Middle (for issue #3 that never dropped) and we did a big dinner for him at this soul food place with all the key retailers in Chicago. He was real cool peoples.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 am 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
hey kev,
thanks for all these. it's much appreciated.
random request though, you have any songs by raggedy man? all i ever had was a demo stretch and bob played. he was dope and i've always been curious to hear more.

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Posts: 1375
Location: Los Angeles
kevin beacham wrote:
no I think it might be from Grapevine himself. He is/was friends with Grav (Gravity) who dropped that Kanye produced album in Chicago in '96. At the time, I was hanging out with Grav on the reg so I got it from him I believe.

cool.

yeah, Down To Earth is a great album!

_________________
http://beatbopscholar.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 am 
Offline
Ease Up

Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 10:33 pm
Posts: 21579
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
:ohsh: :bow: :cheers: I'm yet again speechless, good looking out Kev B


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:44 pm
Posts: 262
The Trendz remix and the Kris freestyle are must have for anyone. great post!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
Blockhead wrote:
hey kev,
thanks for all these. it's much appreciated.
random request though, you have any songs by raggedy man? all i ever had was a demo stretch and bob played. he was dope and i've always been curious to hear more.


Funny I was just doing some Raggedy Man research recently. I hit up Bobbito about a Raggedy Man freestyle with a a beat box and I was trying to confirm if the beatbox that night was Biz Markie, but Bob said he didn't remember... I was asking because some of the lyrics that Rag kicks in that freestyle are lyrics Biz uses later on "All Samples Cleared". I'm pretty sure that Raggedy wrote "I'm The Biz Markie" and "I'm Singing"....

Anyway here is all the Raggedy Man stuff I have found and converted so far:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ux0mc0

there is:
Raggedy Man Stretch Armstrong Show freestyles (w/beatbox...BIZ??)
Positive K w/Raggedy Man demo
Raggedy Man-Can U Feel Me (from Def Jam "Spring Breaks & Beats
Sampler '97" cause he had just gotten signed to them)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 am 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
kevin beacham wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
hey kev,
thanks for all these. it's much appreciated.
random request though, you have any songs by raggedy man? all i ever had was a demo stretch and bob played. he was dope and i've always been curious to hear more.


Funny I was just doing some Raggedy Man research recently. I hit up Bobbito about a Raggedy Man freestyle with a a beat box and I was trying to confirm if the beatbox that night was Biz Markie, but Bob said he didn't remember... I was asking because some of the lyrics that Rag kicks in that freestyle are lyrics Biz uses later on "All Samples Cleared". I'm pretty sure that Raggedy wrote "I'm The Biz Markie" and "I'm Singing"....

Anyway here is all the Raggedy Man stuff I have found and converted so far:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ux0mc0

there is:
Raggedy Man Stretch Armstrong Show freestyles (w/beatbox...BIZ??)
Positive K w/Raggedy Man demo
Raggedy Man-Can U Feel Me (from Def Jam "Spring Breaks & Beats
Sampler '97" cause he had just gotten signed to them)

:cheers:
you're the man!
i posted about him earlier last year and someone upped a shitload of freestyles he did on jersey radio stations. i'm wondering if that link still works. there was some dope shit on there.

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
yeah, I would love to hear any other Raggedy Man stuff for sure. he was dope!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 am
Posts: 91
Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's "Biology 101." I'm sorry to say I no longer even own a tape player, so I can't verify, but I know the one you uploaded was indeed on the cassette and the lyrics talk briefly about biology. Which means I'm not entirely sure what "On Production" is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 pm
Posts: 728
Location: mpls
Yakub Shabazz wrote:
Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's "Biology 101." I'm sorry to say I no longer even own a tape player, so I can't verify, but I know the one you uploaded was indeed on the cassette and the lyrics talk briefly about biology. Which means I'm not entirely sure what "On Production" is.


hmmm....you might be on too something. Automator told me he planned to release that album with different versions having different songs. I just didn't know (or remember) that he actually did that. I would have to find my original Bulk tape to verify....but actually I don't know if mine is the officially released version. Automator gave me a copy a while before the album came out and it was just a promo cassette.... I'll try to do some research on that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 am 
Offline
O.G. Borky Johnson

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Posts: 1918
i just finished listening to this rarites
pfff
thanks again KB
this just is, i dont know
west coast avengers track is bomb
ras kass verse is :ohsh:

_________________
http://www.thetroyblog.com
http://heavyjewelz.bigcartel.com/
http://heavyjewelz.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 pm
Posts: 2872
ill shit. word.

question - minister too bad has three or four joints on those cater to the dj compilations and i've been wondering - does he have any other solo material? if someone could up those compilation joints plus any additional raps into one file, it would be appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 pm
Posts: 2872
holy shit - and rubberoom's GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE would be a FUCKING AMAZING upload if possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 pm
Posts: 201
Wow!!!! Thanks for this monstrous post.

Been waiting to hear the Rag Man "Can U Feel Me" joint for a long time, the Pos K/Rag Man track is actually titled "E&J", it was on a Pos K 12" put out on Echo International somewhere around '98-'99. I know of another Rag Man track titled "Gravitation" (he was part of Chino XL's Gravitation crew, not sure if any of those cats are on it though)

Had no idea the Trendz track existed, that's heat right there. Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:44 am
Posts: 1001
thanks for these.. but that sendspace shit is a bitch!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 pm
Posts: 11003
Location: New Jeruz
:cheers: Thanks again,kev.

Yakub Shabazz wrote:
Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's "Biology 101." I'm sorry to say I no longer even own a tape player, so I can't verify, but I know the one you uploaded was indeed on the cassette and the lyrics talk briefly about biology. Which means I'm not entirely sure what "On Production" is.

'Dropping the skills on production,your mind gets splattered already headed for corruption" Yea,I had that tape,too. I'm pretty sure that 'On Production' was on the og pressing of the Dr. Octagon vinyl,too. Not positive,you know how shit gets re pressed and changed up. And discogs fucks up every once in a while. Oh well.

_________________
www.thetroyblog.com
http://heavyjewelz.bigcartel.com/


Last edited by Verge on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 am
Posts: 1732
Thread is unreal

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 pm 
Offline
I made Daylight, yo!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 15205
Location: nyc
Digital Stimulation wrote:
I know of another Rag Man track titled "Gravitation" (he was part of Chino XL's Gravitation crew, not sure if any of those cats are on it though)
.


i found this old link for it cause i posted a "who is this"? thread a while back.
hope it still works...
http://rapidshare.com/files/140587856/1 ... d.mp3.html

also, i found the link to the raggedy man freestyle's and it's down. i'll repost it later when i get some time.

_________________
http://phatfriend.com/
https://twitter.com/BlockheadNYC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:13 pm
Posts: 7336
godmc wrote:
holy shit - and rubberoom's GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE would be a FUCKING AMAZING upload if possible.


csentry upped it on here in mid-December:

http://www.zshare.net/download/5261111448e94428/

A monumental upload of a tape that I'd been trying to find for 10+ years.

_________________
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 890 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.