Canadian Hip-Hop (Official Thread)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Re: Canadian Hip-Hop (Official Thread)

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Happy new year y`all! Hopefully y`all brought in the new year with some friends & family, I know that I did....LoL, anyway today I have another joint to share with ya that gets the HeRBaN DeLuXe treatment. That album is Choclair`s debut album released thru Virgin Music back in 1999 titled "Ice Cold" (the American version of the album was released by Priority Records). The reason that I decided to 'enhance' the album by making it an HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN is really simple; "Suave Dirt Dogs" the collabo` with the late & great Ol` Dirty Bastard never made it to the album due to label politics, the US version of the album actually has a track that`s not on the Canadian release; it`s titled "First Thing" & features Rahzel, finally there`s the lil` interludes that were at the end of some tracks, I just did a lil` editing & made `em their own tracks to make listening to the album a much smoother transition from track to track...

To make things a lil` more interesting I made this album a sort of choose your own adventure type thing....LoL, you can listen to the album as it is with tracks 1-23 or you could remove track #22 "Rollin` [Radio]" & replace it with the Rahzel collabo` "First Thing". The reason I suggest the latter is simple really, it`s not the actual 'Radio version' of the track, it`s pretty much the same as the album version with all the cussin` & ish it just has a shorter intro on the track which makes it about a minute shorter in length. Guess they just meant that it was a shorter track so it would fit better into a radio station`s playlist or something, `cuz honestly there`s nothing edited about the track.....LoL

Now for those of you that may not be up on just who Choclair is I`ll do my best to school ya. Choclair, reppin` Scarborough, Ontario (East Toronto) first stepped into the Hip Hop scene in the early 1990's eventually releasing his first 12 inch single "Twenty One Years" by 1995 thru his own independently run label Knee Deep Records. His track is actually on the B-Side of the single, another gem of a track is on the flip side & that track is none other than Saukrates` "Father Time". Two CLaSSiC Canadian Hip Hop tracks isn`t too shabby for a label`s first release. The following year (1996) the label would also go on to release another first, that first was from Kardinal Offishall. Knee Deep Records released his debut single "Naughty Dread" which earned him a Juno Award nomination, but that`s another story all together for another post....LoL, let`s get back to Choclair...

The underground quickly caught on to the emcee`s debut track "Twenty One Years" & it eventually led to other folks taking notice, not just the folks up in Canada either. The legendary DJ Premier even sampled the track for Gang Starr`s "You Know My Steez" (maybe that`s what led to Guru`s appearance on "Bare Witness" who knows?). Clearly Choclair was doin` something right so he continued working on his music & in 1996 he released another 12 inch single "Just A Second b/w What It Takes". Both tracks continued to impress the heads, I`m still a fan of "What It Takes" which also features fellow Circle member Jully Black on the hook. The Circle; a combination of The Figurez Of Speech crew & the Paranormal crew, is basically a collective of artists & producers from Toronto members include; Saukrates, Choclair, Kardinal Offishall, Frankenstein, YLook, Jully Black, Marvel, Solitair, Ro Ro Dolla, Thrust & Tara Chase...

With the success of his first two singles Choclair felt that it only made sense to take the next step, so he decided to release an EP titled "What It Takes" in 1997 using his Knee Deep Records label once again. It contained 4 tracks, an Interlude & 5 Instrumentals; 10 tracks in total. The EP did well, after all it did earn Choclair a Juno Award in 1997 for Best Rap Recording. The "What It Takes" music video & the 12 inch single for "What It Takes [Rmx]" helped Choclair`s project get more exposure.

After the EP he continued to release music to keep his name buzzin`. One thing that he did that`s cemented his name in the Canadian Hip Hop History Books is that he landed a feature on the now CLaSSiC collabo` "Northern Touch" along with fellow Canadians the Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall, Checkmate, Thrust. This Hip Hop anthem earned all the artists involved a gold record (sales~wise)...

In 1998 he dropped another 12 inch single "Internal Affairs b/w Silver Surfer". The A-Side of the single "Internal Affairs" is a Choclair joint that also features fellow Circle members Frankenstein, Kardinal Offishall & Marvel, while the B-Side of the single is a Solitair solo joint titled "Silver Surfer". Following that single Knee Deep Records released the "Planet Mars EP", a short compilation of sorts that features joints from Marvel, Solitair & Choclair, Kardinal Offishall (ft. YLook), Nefarious, Frankenstein, Thrust & K-OS. It wasn`t too long after releasing the "Planet Mars EP" that Choclair decided that it was time to expand his team so he joined with Virgin Music Canada & in 1999 he signed with Priority Records so he could release his debut album titled "Ice Cold"...

Once he signed with the major label of course that`s when a lot of heads started hatin` on Choclair, claimin` that he had sold out. So he responded by releasing "Flagrant" as a single in 1999. The track was produced by Saukrates & it`s basically a 'BiG FuCK YoU' to the critics, very DoPe & it`s definitely a great way to shut the haters up. He followed the single up with his debut album "Ice Cold" which mostly featured production from members of The Circle (Saukrates, Kardinal Offishall, Frankenstein & Solitair), but Da Grassroots & K-Cut also had a helpin` hands with the beats. The album was certified Gold in Canada & the album`s hit single "Let`s Ride" featuring Saukrates has been a Summer anthem up in Canada since it`s release. With all that being said let`s get to the album shall we???

The album opens up with some chick who goes by the name Manal ''Prima'' Hajj (not too sure who she is) babblin`, eventually she warns us not to bootleg the album or "you`ll get bashed"....LoL, tha album`s title track "Ice Cold" let`s the listeners what know what they`re in store for. Da Grassroots do a great job providing an iLL mellow but cool`D out beat for Choclair to flex his shit~talkin`, sexual & all around ice cold lyrics. The Kardinal Offishall produced "Let`s Ride" follows & it features Saukrates on the hook & intro of the track. It`s a great joint for the Summer & gets every BBQ movin`, Little X also did a good job directing the music video...

The first Interlude was just taken from the end of the "Let`s Ride" track & made it`s own. Saukrates produced "Rubbin`" & also appears on the hook, this one has Choclair expressin` his love for the ladies with it`s clubbish vibes it`s sure to get a few folks dancing. "Takin` It In" is another joint produced by Saukrates, Choclair targets the fakers & wannabe playas on this one exposin` `em for what they are. On "Bare Witness" Choclair connected with the late & great Guru of Gang Starr over a thumpin` beat produced by Kardinal Offishall with cuts by DJ Tony Touch, most definitely a banger! The second Interlude was just taken from then end of "Bare Witness" & made it`s own track, Choclair just let`s the listeners know that he likes to party & have a good time just as much as the next kat...

"Jambone" is another party~vibed track for the ladies produced by Kardinal Offishall that also features Ro Ro Dolla. Fellow Circle member Solitair steps up to produce "Fresh", Choclair does what he does best...talks that shit!....LoL, straight braggidious type flows here. After that Kardinal Offishall stops in & drops a quick P.S.A. for the ladies. Speakin` of ladies, Jully Black shows up & gives Choclair a hand on "Rollin`" a joint produced by former Main Source DJ K-Cut. Jay-Z`s protege Memphis Bleek makes a guest appearance on the Solitair produced "Young Gunz", it`s nothing spectacular but it`s far from wack. "Runnin` Wid Us" has Choclair flowin` over a beat produced by Kardinal Offishall who also lends a nice verse to the song. The previously released as a white label single "Flagrant" follows the Kardinal collabo` & as mentioned before it`s produced by Saukrates & it has Choclair clearly addressing his doubters & critics. In my opinion this track is the best on the album, definitely one to BuMP...

The third Interlude was just taken from the end of the "Flagrant" track & made it`s own. On "Die Hard" Choclair reconnects with the Rascalz over a track produced by Solitair with Saukrates on the hook, a decent West Coast/ East Coast collabo`. "S.O.T." is another Circle collabo` with Choclair sharing the mic with Kardinal Offishall & Solitair, while the beat itself was produced by Solitair. The fourth Interlude was just taken from the end of "S.O.T." & made into its own track. K-Cut provides the bouncy backdrop for "Da Chiznock". Choclair decides to put the partying on pause long enough to drop an iLL storytelling track produce by Frankenstein a.k.a. Frank Fallico on "Situation 9". It`s a great song warning folks about what they`ll get caught up in if they don`t pay attention to who & what surrounds them...

"Rollin` [Radio]" is pretty much the same as the previous version of the track on the album, it just has a shorter intro. "Suave Dirt Dogs" features the late & great Ol` Dirty Bastard & Saukrates, it was originally intended to be included on the retail release of "Ice Cold", but for whatever the reason was label politics prevented it from happening. It was released in 2000 however as a white label single, so I just decided to add it to the album like it was initially intended to be. "First Thing" is a collabo` with Rahzel that is only featured on the US release of "Ice Cold" for some reason. So there you have it y`all, go `head & check out the music for ya`self & enjoy...

Choclair - Ice Cold [HeRBaN DeLuXe VeRSioN]
Label: Virgin Music
Released:1999-2012

1. Intro {ft. Manal ''Prima'' Hajj}
2. Ice Cold {ft. Ro Ro Dolla, Saukrates & Solitair}
3. Let`s Ride {ft. Saukrates}
4. Interlude #1
5. Rubbin` {ft. Saukrates}
6. Takin` It In {ft. Giz & Saukrates}
7. Bare Witness {ft. YLook & Guru of Gang Starr}
8. Interlude #2
9. Jambone {ft. Ro Ro Dolla}
10. Fresh {ft. Solitair}
11. Kardi`s P.S.A. {ft. Kardinal Offishall}
12. Rollin` {ft. Jully Black}
13. Young Gunz {ft. Memphis Bleek}
14. Runnin` Wid Us {ft. Kardinal Offishall}
15. Flagrant {ft. Saukrates}
16. Interlude #3
17. Die Hard {ft. Rascalz & Saukrates}
18. S.O.T. {ft. Kardinal Offishall & Solitair}
19. Interlude #4
20. Da Chiznock
21. Situation 9
22. Rollin` [Radio] {ft. Jully Black}
23. Suave Dirt Dogs {ft. Ol` Dirty Bastard & Saukrates}

First Thing {ft. Rahzel}

RaPiDSHaRe BaCK~uP LiNK...

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK...

R.i.P. GuRu & OL` DiRTy BaSTaRD...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

A few days ago I was over at my homie 16 SPLiFFs` crib, goin` thru his record collection I came across this joint that I hadn`t heard before. The only thing that was a lil` familiar to me was the producers Wall & Steel from Down To Erf, so instantly I asked my friend to put it on then proceeded to ask more questions about the 12 inch itself. He told me what he knew about it & was even nice enough to rip it for me. So today my friends I`m goin` to share with y`all this very mysterious record....LoL

So the single is from Brass Tacks & it was released all the way back in 1996 on Starpoint Music. I just gotta say that this is indie Canadian Hip Hop at it`s rawest, the only downside about it is that it`s a pretty rare record. The record collectin` nerds go quite nuts over this one on the interweb.....LoL, now if you do happen to come across a copy of this 12 inch do a lil` research before ya go & sell ya`self wife to cop it `cuz chances are it could be one of the bootleg joints that some folks pressed up in Japan around 2009. Anyways, Brass Tacks rep` Toronto & from what I can tell they had a short run releasing an EP & a couple of 12 inch singles in 1997 & that`s about it. I`m still actually a lil` surprised that I hadn`t heard of `em before, but I`m definitely glad that I stumbled across this 12 inch. What ya get is some nice Jazz~dusty beats meshed with street influenced lyrics. So go `head & check it out, you`ll be glad ya did...

Brass Tacks - Ice Breaker Classic b/w Hidden Insight [12 Inch]
Label: Starpoint
Released: 1996

1. Ice Breaker Classic [Original Serious Mix]
2. Ice Breaker Classic [Radio Edit]
3. Hidden Insight [Classic Mix]
4. Hidden Insight [Instr.]

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

thanks for sharing the Brass Tacks, Herban. Never heard this one before....will check it out now....

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

Post by HipHopInfinityRIPLOL »

ill record. big difference from the way more commercial garbage choclair and kardinal stuff that came out a few years later. there's a lot of good canadian stuff out. saukrates has some real dope 12"s, pre 98, that you'll like if enjoyed that brass tacks. but pretty much avoid saukrates material after this period.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

That Brass Tacks single is great - they have a couple of other releases that are well worth checking out too: Star Point Tactics EP and Game Is Like/Inner City Madness. Neither of these were produced by Down to Erf (as far as I know) but dope nevertheless.

That Choclair album was a huge disappointment when it came out, especially after his earlier 12"s. It does have a few good tracks in retrospect, nice write up also. Choclair released a CD called 'My Demo' which has a lot of his early stuff (both 12"s and also previously unreleased material) - highly recommended.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Debonair_P wrote:That Brass Tacks single is great - they have a couple of other releases that are well worth checking out too: Star Point Tactics EP and Game Is Like/Inner City Madness. Neither of these were produced by Down to Erf (as far as I know) but dope nevertheless.

That Choclair album was a huge disappointment when it came out, especially after his earlier 12"s. It does have a few good tracks in retrospect, nice write up also. Choclair released a CD called 'My Demo' which has a lot of his early stuff (both 12"s and also previously unreleased material) - highly recommended.
Agree on everything completely. If someone has a rip of the Game Is Like/Inner City Madness 12, that'd be nice. I need all their records, somehow ended up buying an unnecessary bootleg of the Icebreaker Classic 12 one day.

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

Yeah, the "My Demo" CD is a nice collection of early Choclair stuff.

If you're interested in "My Demo", I recently uploaded it for a friend (320 kBit quality): http://freakshare.com/files/0n2glosp/cH ... 8.zip.html

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

This was already posted up in this thread earlier, but the link has long been dead...

I don`t know very much about this kat, but I will share with ya what I do know. Kish a.k.a. Andrew Kishino reps Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He released two albums in his career as an emcee; the first one titled "Order From Chaos" was released back in 1991 & it included his biggest hit "I Rhyme The World In 80 Days", the second album is titled "A Nation Of Hoods" & it was released in 1994. Shortly after releasing his second album he apparently moved out to L.A. to work as a Hip Hop producer, but nothing really panned out for him so he began work as a voice actor. He has done voice work for television, animated cartoons & even video games (which seems to be his bread & butter `cuz he`s done lots of `em). As mentioned by the Anonymous visitor back in 2009 you can hear his work in the video game "Saints Row" as the character Donnie, he also made a returning visit for "Saints Row 2" as Donnie, but also Kish & Ziggy as well. Anyways that`s all that I know of this kat, so now I share with y`all his second album "A Nation Of Hoods". It`s a decent listen, go `head & check it out...

Kish - A Nation Of Hoods
Label: ISBA Music Entertainment Inc.
Released: 1994

1. Straight To Your Grill (2:08)
2. Crates To Concrete (4:26)
3. Sunrise (4:09)
4. A Nation Of Hoods (4:18)
5. You Can`t Sleep On A Shorty (4:14)
6. Props Due (4:17)
7. 3:26 am (3:55)
8. It`s Tha Bomb (4:10)
9. We On Some Next Shit (5:03)
10. Undercover (4:45)
11. Get Off Your Knees (4:24)
12. 4KD (1:32)

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

vancitysfinest

Post by vancitysfinest »

Lol. Damn this is a blast from the past. I remember him being all over MuchMusic back in the early 90's. I remember thinking 'Crates To Concrete" was a decent joint for a Canadian artist at the time. I've never heard anything beyond his video's so i'm gonna have to DL this just for fun.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Sweeeet! Finallly!!!! Been trying to get my hands on that Clarence Gruff since 1994 when I first heard the joint on college radio. These kats were like hometown heroes reppin` Clarence Street in Ottawa.....LoL, like Moves mentioned in the post @ Living Under Water the video got plenty play on Much Music`s Rap City back in the day. Wonder what happened with these kats...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

This joint was posted already up in this thread, but the link`s been long dead...

Today I`m gon` share with y`all the debut album from Michie Mee, Canada`s 1st Lady of Hip Hop titled "Jamaican Funk Canadian Style". The album was released in 1991 on the label First Priority Music. Now for those that aren`t too familiar with Michie Mee I will share with y`all the info` that I know about her, it goes something like this. Michie Mee was born in Jamaica, but relocated to Toronto, Ontario Canada at a young age where she grow up in the Jane & Finch neighborhood. She was bit by the Hip Hop bug early & by the age of 14 she was already performing professionally. Around 1985 she hooked up with a local DJ who went by the name of L.A. Luv & the 2 formed a duo simpled called Michie Mee & L.A. Luv...

While payin` dues & perfectin` skills the duo ended up having 2 of their tracks featured on the 1987 all~Canadian HiP HoP compilation titled "Break`n Out"; the compilation itself was produced by the late Scott La Rock (R.I.P.) & KRS-One of Boogie Down Productions. The featrued tracks were titled "Elements Of Style" & "Run For Cover". The duo`s first single "Elements Of Style" really got them some shine, folks definitely started to take notice of Michie`s presence on the mic -- especially the folks down in the US. It wasn`t long after the release of the single, a year later actually, in 1988 all her hard work finally paid off because she became the 1st Canadian rapper to sign a major deal with an American record label. First Priority/ Atlantic was her new home, L.A. Luv`s as well. In that same year the Canadian duo was featured on the compilation album titled "The First Priority Music Family: Basement Flavor" on the tracks "On This Mic" which also featured MC Lyte & "Victory Is Calling"...

Three years later the duo released their debut album titled "Jamaican Funk - Canadian Style" in 1991. With the help of the single "Jamaican Funk" the album itself sold roughly 60, 000 units in the US. The album was also nominated for a Juno Award in Canada in 1992. A few years after the album`s release Michie Mee ended up in some legal drama, so eventually the duo broke up. L.A. Luv jumped ship & started to work with another Canadian Hip Hop group called the Dream Warriors. Switching up his name to DJ Luv, he joined the Warriors just before they dropped their second album titled "Subliminal Simulation" in 1994...

After starting her solo career in 1995 she also became a vocalist for the Alternative Rock/ Reggae band Raggadeath, they had the charting single "One Life" & music video for "Dance With The Devil". In 2000 she released the comeback album titled "The First Cut Is The Deepest". She also branched out into acting & was featured in the CBC Television series "Drop The Beat" & films titled "My Baby`s Daddy" & "In Too Deep" to name a few of the projects that she was associated with. Now as for her debut album, it makes for a decent listen with it`s Dancehall Reggae vibe. Standout joint for me are the title track "Jamaican Funk Canadian Style", "We`ve Arrived In America", "You`re Feisty", "A Portion From Up North", "Canada Large" & the bonus track "Jamaican Funk". So there ya have it y`all, now go on & check out the music. Oh & please excuse the misspelled file name.....LoL, everything else is tagged correctly & yes it`s in 320 so enjoy...

Michie Mee & L.A Luv - Jamaican Funk Canadian Style
Label: First Priority Music
Released: 1991

1. Prelude #1
2. Jamaican Funk Canadian Style
3. Kotch {ft. Pinchers}
4. Insecure Luva
5. Prelude #2
6. If Only They Knew
7. Prelude #3
8. All Night Stand {ft. Shabba Ranks}
9. We`ve Arrived In America
10. L.A. Luv De Bout
11. You`re Feisty
12. A Portion From Up North
13. Canada Large
14. Get It Together [Bonus Track]
15. Jamaican Funk [Bonus Track]

SoLiDFiLeS BaCK~uP LiNK...

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK...

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK #2...

Here`s a 2013 joint she dropped...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

ThaGiantOvHipHop

Post by ThaGiantOvHipHop »

Can someone reupload the 320k rip of Choclair's My Demo

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

ThaGiantOvHipHop wrote:Can someone reupload the 320k rip of Choclair's My Demo
Seconded...

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Was wondering if anybody around here had some Branded Black material, especially their Archeology EP (1999)... Been trying to get my hands on it for a few years already but seems like it's nowhere to be found.

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

I think that this joint was posted here before but whatever this one`s in 320...

Today I`m gon` take things back to 1996 with one of the best, if not the best Canadian Hip Hop compilation to ever be released. What I`m referring to is Beat Factory`s "Rap Essentials Volume One". It`s a compilation of various Canadian artists (though most are reppin` Toronto) consisting of 12 tracks in total & they`re all phat, my opinion of course! The only downside about this compilation in my ears is the fact that a majority of these tracks are edited for some reason or another. Aside from that though every song on here is iLL, there`s not one weak track! It`s definitely more on the underground Hip Hop type of vibe, so if you DiG that kind of style you`re in for a real treat...

The first joint on this comp` "Fitnredi" is by the Rascalz, a trio (Misfit, Red 1 & their DJ Kemo) that`s reppin` Van City (Vancouver for y`all non~Canadians). The track is one of 3 on this compilation that were nominated for Best Rap Recording at the 1997 Juno Awards. Following the opening track is "Boiling Point" by the Concrete Mob, another Canadian Hip Hop trio (Deuce Deuce, Black Jack & producer Scam) but these kats are reppin` T-DoT (Toronto for the uninformed) instead. "Boiling Point" is the joint that really got these kats some shine, especially across the border over in the US. "Learn To Earn" is the third track on this comp`, it`s by production crew Down To Erf (Steely Dan & Wal) & features Mathematik on the mic rockin` the rhymes. All three of these kats are reppin` Toronto. Next up is the second track of the compilation to be nominated for a 1997 Juno Award for Best Rap Recording, a joint by Toronto`s Kardinal Offishall titled "Naughty Dread". Still remember when I first heard it `cuz it`s actually the first song that I had ever heard from Kardi`...

Takin` the fifth spot on the comp` is Black-I`s "No Lawz", homie reps Toronto well over the militant~type beat. Toronto`s Wio-K follows things up with the DJ X produced "Sunlight" bringin` some Caribbean vibes with a T-DoT twist. The "Who`s Talking Weight [Rmx]" by the duo Redlife (Remey & Action) comes next. It`s a decent track, but honestly I DiG the original much more than the remix. One of this compilation`s iLLeST tracks comes from Toronto`s Dan-E-O, it`s titled "Dear Hip Hop" & is produced by Concrete Mob`s Scam. You could compare this joint to Common`s "I Used To Love H.E.R." & say that it`s almost like the Canadian equivalent, definitely well worth the listen!!!

Here`s the original version of "Who`s Talking Weight?" by Redlife...

Scales Empire, a duo consisting of Kandu & T-Wyze bring some "Bright Lights Big City" to the table. This joint is the 3rd song of the compilation to be nominated for the Best Rap Recording at the 1997 Juno Awards. The tenth track is one of my fav`s on this comp`, it`s by Toronto`s Choclair & it`s titled "Twenty One Years". This joint is one of the very songs that help Choclair garner some major props in the Hip Hop world. I also believe that this is the song that DJ Premier sampled for Gangstarr`s "You Know My Steez". Citizen Kane, a trio (Aje, Rob Blow & Swinger Spade) reppin` Toronto, contributes the compilation`s second last track titled "Structure, Foundation" produced by Down To Erf. Things come to an ending with "U.L." a track by another trio reppin` the T-DoT Ghetto Concept...

So there ya have it, a lil` run down of the compilation now go `head & check it out for ya`self! You`ll be glad ya did, trust me...

Beat Factory - Rap Essentials Vol. 1
Label: Beat Factory Music Inc.
Released: 1996

1. Fitnredi {Rascalz}
2. Boiling Point {Concrete Mob}
3. Learn To Earn {Down To Erf ft. Mathematik}
4. Naughty Dead {Kardinal Offishall}
5. No Lawz {Black-I}
6. Sunlight {Wio-K}
7. Who`s Talking Weight? [Rmx] {Redlife}
8. Dear Hip Hop {Dan-E-O}
9. Bright Lights Big City {Scales Empire}
10. Twenty One Years {Choclair}
11. Structure, Foundation {Citizen Kane}
12. U.L. {Ghetto Concept}

SoLiDFiLeS LiNK...

SoLiDFiLeS LiNK #2...

FiLeSWaP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

Love this comp. Thanks for the link and the write-up.
"...my ex girl's got balls." - Guru

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

night_shade wrote:Love this comp. Thanks for the link and the write-up.

No probs homie, it`s only right to share this gem...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

foobar

Post by foobar »

:cheers:

I Joe

Post by I Joe »

Here is a mix we did two weeks ago for our "Built To Last" radio show, mix is dedicated to Frankie Ano ! Enjoy !

http://soundcloud.com/built-to-last/frankenstein-built-to-last-mix

http://www.concupourdurer.com/
Built To Last Show - Campus FM Toulouse

Mista93

Post by Mista93 »

YO Guys please is there any chance somebody to share some links but some available links please please I am angry on me cause I can't accept the fact that I lived all these years and havent heard the rascals 2 albums realy livin & cash crop & infinite 360 degres EP ..... if somebody has links or can upload them please write back .... RESPECT for you guys !! I used to come on this forum long time ago ....

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Dust`n off a nice Canadian HiP HoP gem for y`all today, it comes in the form of Toronto emcee Mathematik`s "No Division" released back in 2005. I was diggin` thru a few stacks of my CD`s & found this joint, hadn`t heard it in a while so I threw it in the stereo. It`s still a good listen today, if you`re a fan of some good ol` boom bap type HiP HoP then this album`s definitely for you! With production from his Down To Erf crew as well as some production from the likes of Mr. Attic, DJ Serious & Saukrates, Mathematik catches wreck all over the head~noddin` backdrops provided by these veteran Toronto beat merchants...

"If It Isn`t" opens the album up nicely, Mathematik spits lyrics about his devotion to being an emcee over a boom bapp`n beat seasoned by keys & a nice lil` play on New Edition`s "If It Isn`t Love". That joint right there should give you an idea of what you can expect on this album...pure HiP HoP; rhymes, breakin` & DJ`n. You can also hear Math`s growth as an emcee as he steps out of his comfort~zone tacklin` double~time rhyme patterns on "Who`s Wit` Me?", takin` charge of hypersonic soundscapes on "Attack" & he even takes a shot at sped~up samples on "The Righteous" all without sacrificing his lyrics or soundin` corny. If you`re lookin` to listen to some good ol` HiP HoP with a nice positive & spiritual vibe (no preachin` don`t worry....LoL) to it then look no further. Check it out & enjoy...

Mathematik - No Division
Label: Urbnet Records
Released: 2005

1. Intro
2. If It Isn`t
3. Was, Is, Will. [Interlude]
4. Was, Is, Will.
5. Situation
6. Letter 2 John [Interlude]
7. Letter 2 John
8. The Perfect Storm
9. Dilligence
10. Free Your Soul
11. Still The Same
12. The Righteous
13. Attack
14. Somethin` For Them [Interlude]
15. Play 2 Win
16. Toronto
17. Arose Countdown [Interlude]
18. Who`s Wit` Me
19. Outro

MeDiaFiRe LiNK...

SoLiDFiLeS LiNK...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I had to cut about ten seconds off of the "Outro" because it was a scratched, pops & clicks galore, so I just faded it out...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

Thanks for the write-up. Always dug Mathematik, Rhyme Training is a classic.

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

Speaking of Rhyme Training I've always dug the original Down to Erf version too, totally different vibe.

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

No probs my man, you`re right about "Rhyme Training" it really is an awesome joint, both versions at that!!!

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

BiggArs

Post by BiggArs »

Dan-E-O - Dear Hip-Hop EP

MP3 (320 kbps): http://www.multiupload.nl/R1CZ5A7FKV
pw: ua0l83@y;f?9Ot0L

DM me, if you want FLAC :gyeah:

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

BiggArs wrote:Dan-E-O - Dear Hip-Hop EP

MP3 (320 kbps): http://www.multiupload.nl/R1CZ5A7FKV
pw: ua0l83@y;f?9Ot0L

DM me, if you want FLAC :gyeah:

Good lookin` on the link homie! Truly appreciate this one because I`ve been lookin` to replace my lost CD since 2002, thank you very much!!!

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Verge

Post by Verge »

thanks for the Dan E O, but l've been having a problem with it. When trying to extract, it doesnt ask for a password but doesnt extract any tracks.

BiggArs

Post by BiggArs »

Verge, shit, excuse me brother. I upload it in FLAC, you can get it here: http://is.gd/XhxTl4 :cheers:

HeRBaN LyRiX, this is digital version, not CD rip (http://dan-e-o.bandcamp.com/album/dear-hip-hop). But reissued CD still available for purchasing hereб brother :gyeah: : http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?d ... 20&lang=EN

I'm still lookin for original (or reissued) CD rip, cuz Web FLAC quality sounds like upconverted MP3...