Stretch & Bobbito - Freestyle Tapes Mega-Post!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Andyman187

Stretch & Bobbito - Freestyle Tapes Mega-Post!

Post by Andyman187 »

I know y'all fiend for Stretch & Bob tapes as much as I do, so here we go! These are all the Freestyle tapes I have aside from Freestyle Frenzy EP's & The Lost Freestyle Sessions 2CD Compilation that I forget who put together. I'm not sure how many of these tapes there are. Hopefully some of you have some that are missing and can fill in some gaps! Too many dope freestyles from too many dope artists & groups....

Enjoy!

Freestyles Vol 1:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... vol-1.html

Freestyles Vol 2:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... vol-2.html

Freestyles Vol 5:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... tyles.html

Freestyles Vol 7:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... vol-7.html

Freestyles Vol 9:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... vol-9.html

Freestyles Vol 13:
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... ol-13.html

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

great post. thanks a ton.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Word.

informer

Post by informer »

this seems very good thanks man

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I'm gonna post all 14 volumes on the blog at some point, but I'm gonna isolate each track and provide playlists.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Roy Johnson wrote:I'm gonna post all 14 volumes on the blog at some point, but I'm gonna isolate each track and provide playlists.
Roy is it possible to link me up with the full non isolated tape rips? I know its easier to find things when everything is edited up but I prefer to listen to them as tape rips Side A & Side B..

You have all 14? Damn...

Thun

Post by Thun »

Roy Johnson wrote:I'm gonna post all 14 volumes on the blog at some point, but I'm gonna isolate each track and provide playlists.
:ohsh:

Good fucking luck on identifying every song.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

The tapes that S&B put out have playlists on 'em, fortunately. I purchased volumes 1-9, and 11-12, so those will all be precise.

However, I received tapes 10, 13, and 14 in trades (w/o the playlists), but I've been able to piece 'em together, for the most part. A lot of these really obscure guys like Brooknam Rangers or Murder Mace actually drop their names at some point in the freestyle, so that definitely helps.

Andy, it's actually gonna be the same difference whether they're isolated or not, but I'll hook you up with just the 45 minute sides if that's what you want. I already have pretty much all of 'em ripped. I misplaced volume 6, but I'll locate it eventually. It's gotta be in one of my Time Travel boxes.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Andyman187 wrote:
Roy is it possible to link me up with the full non isolated tape rips? I know its easier to find things when everything is edited up but I prefer to listen to them as tape rips Side A & Side B..

You have all 14? Damn...
If you don't mind, I really prefer non-isolated rips too. I have Vol 10, but I won't up it since you've been planning to upload them collectively soon. Thanks. :cheers:
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Ho1ogramz wrote:If you don't mind, I really prefer non-isolated rips too. I have Vol 10, but I won't up it since you've been planning to upload them collectively soon. Thanks. :cheers:
Cool.

Okay, seeing as how I probably won't get around to debuting 'em on the blog for a while, what I'll do is post the full rips here, and then I'll isolate 'em for the blog.

kimani

Post by kimani »

1. Thanks Andyman, saw this on your blog, very appreciated along with most everything else you post.

2. Roy...that is amazing. I would definitely like to have both iso and non-iso rips.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

thebridgeisover

Post by thebridgeisover »

I hope this is half as amazing as it sounds! Huge thanks for this upload.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Here are some playlists for the ones that Andy uploaded:

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 1 (1990-1992)
Das Efx, Bobbito, Downtown Science, Percee P, I-Kim, Jaz, Prince Rakeem (Rza), Asaan (Ol Dirty Bastard), Total Pack, Two Kings In A Cypher, MC Serch, Large Professor, Rocker Tee, AJ Damane, Kurious Jorge, Organized Konfusion, Busta Rhymes, Dinco D, Excel, Nas, Akinyele, Lord Finesse, KMD, G-Cerone, DMX The Great, Kool Keith, Bonz Malone, Positive K, A.G., Big L, Kenny X, Brat Crew, BK

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 2 (1992)
Hieroglyphics, Kurious Jorge, Artifacts, Zhigge, Prep, Murder One, Tamer D, Ghetto Communicator, Critical Mass, Prince Poetry, O.C., K-Solo, B-1, Legion Of Dume, Micah Nine, Everlast, Lord Sear, I-Kim, Sugar Ray, Kool Keith, Nugget, Craig G, Grim Reaper, Baby G, Fat Joe, Jay-D, Prince Powerule, 8-Off, YZ, King Sun, Gizmo

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 5 (1993-1994)
Lord Finesse, Black Moon, Smif N Wessun, Wu Tang Clan, Godfather Don, Grim Reaper, Kool Keith, Lord Sear, Supernatural, Kid Capri, Big L, Funky Jilz, Scott Free, Hype The Madman, Company Flow, UMC's, Psych Les, Bushwackas, A Tribe Called Quest, Del The Funky Homosapien, Flip Top, Cella Dwellas, Lord Digga, Rozell, Nas, Herb McGruff, Fugees, Das Efx, Large Professor, Akinyele

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volumes 7 (1994)
(1994) Kamal B Wise, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Tone The Butcher, Fat Joe, Keith Nut, Ill & Al Skratch, Lord Sear, Mad Skillz, Q-Tip, Grand Ghetto, Juggaknots, Mic Geronimo, Artifacts, Tragedy, OC, MC Serch. Parallax. Adagio, Strange, Roc Raida, Mobb Deep, Funky Jilz, Craig G, The Dwellas, Sick Seth, AJ Damane, Brooklyn Bomber, Craig Mack, Big Punisher, Company Flow, J-Treds

I still have to record the playlists for volumes 9 and 13.

In addition to misplacing Volume 6, I just now discovered that Volume 8 is missing as well, so if I can't track 'em down, I might not even bother with the blog posts. I moved in 2002, and I know I'm missing a shitload of tapes, so I might have to look through boxes and boxes worth of shit at my parents' crib.

I'll definitely upload everything that I have in this thread, though.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

:bow: :bow:

:killacam:

Verge

Post by Verge »

I'm hoping one of the Lord Digga verses I been looking for is on one of these.

sen

Post by sen »

yeah...if someone can separate the tracks, that would be dope as hell...

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

woaahh crazy!! thanks andyman

and roy johnson for the upcoming post :cheers:

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

That'd be crazy ill. :ohsh:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Bobbito left a comment on Andy's blog:
yo--

good lookin' for keepin' our show alive, don't stop listening to the tapes, though! that's how they sound the best . . .

bobbito
http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... tyles.html

That is awesome.

On either Wednesday or Thursday, I'm gonna up volumes 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, and 14. Throw 'em up on Rekordz On Wheelz. I'll eventually get around to isolating everything for the TROY blog, but it's gonna take a while. Also, I'll post volumes 6 & 8 in this thread when I track 'em down.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

this thread is nuts.....

sen

Post by sen »

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyle Frenzy '92-'94:

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG25UXVR

1. Large Professor and OC
2. Nasty Nas and Six Nine Pt. 1
3. Nasty Nas and Six Nine Pt. 2
4. Das EFX
5. Big L
6. UMCs Pt. 1
7. UMCs Pt. 2
8. Souls of Mischief and Kurious
9. Q-Tip and Mad Skillz (Skillz)
10. Method Man and Ghostface
11. Akinyele
12. Black Moon and Smif N Wessun
13. Prince Poetry ( of Organized Konfusion)
14. MC Serch and OC
15. Mobb Deep
16. Brand Nubian
17. Organized Konfusion
18. Lord Finesse
19. Mad Skillz (SKillz)
20. Mad Skillz (Skillz) Pt. 2
21. Scientifik (R.I.P)
22. Craig G
23. Common Sense (Common)

Prosper

Post by Prosper »

I love you philaflava

Verge

Post by Verge »

thebigk wrote:
That'd be crazy ill. :ohsh:
Abso-fucking-lutely :gyeah:

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Here's another tape of freestyles. I'm not sure what number this is, I had the tape labeled as Freestyles 1995, so I'm not sure... Some ill freestyles over the dopest beats of the '95!

Roy I don't know if this is one of the ones you were missing or not. You might be able to tell me what number this is if you have a tracklist. Side A Starts off with with Mad Skillz & Lonnie B and then into Jay-Z and so on... Side B starts off with someone who sounds like Akinyele and into Big Pun n so on...

Enjoy!

http://rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.com/200 ... -1995.html

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

Prosper wrote:I love you philaflava
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

Props on this stuff, #5 was the only one I didn't have out of this batch, dope shit.

Definitely looking forward to Roy's upcoming releases.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 3 (1992)
C-Style, Total Pack, Rampage, Pharcyde, Buckshot, Prime Poet, Lord Sear, H20, Powerule, Kurious Jorge, Aceyalone, Chino XL, Artifacts, Souls of Mischief, Ruffneck Bastards, The Coup, Casual, Kool Keith, Scrap Lover, Scoop Lover, Mr. Cee, Excel, AJ Damane, Puppets of Chaos, Grand Ghetto, Onyx, Down South Funkaholiks, Kamal B. Wise, OC, Mr. Complex, Unique, Masta Ace
http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzkkxa5ygj

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 4 (1993)
Cypress Hill, Sadat X, Nas, Keith Murray, Ol Dirty Bastard, Ghetto Communicator, Bobbito, J Smooth, MC Lungie, Cage, Fat Joe, Grim Reaper, Mr. C, Pop Grim, Kamal B Wise, Tone The Butcher, Murder One, Souls Of Mischief, Tech Nine, Craig G, Buddah Bless, Kool Keith, Aceyalone, Micah Nine, Mobb Deep, Raggedy Man, RA The Rugged Man, Juggaknots, Busted Melons, Daddy Reef, Lord Finesse
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyl2gzmwmzt

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 10 (1995)
Mad Skillz, Lonnie B, IG Off, Hazardous, Almighty Arrogant, Jay-Z, Special Ed, Souls Of Mischief, Redman, Natural Elements, Smoothe Da Hustler, Das Efx, Capone, Noreaga, Asinine, Sweats, Tony Bones, Juggaknots, Mr. Live, Raw C, Fat Joe, Armageddon, Keith Nut, Big Dawg, MF Grimm, Kool G Rap, OGC, Heltah Skeltah, Rell, Tragedy, Powerule, B-1, Chemistry, Jughead, Trigger Tha Gambler, Non Phixion
http://www.mediafire.com/?funedj4y4wi

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 11 (1995-1996)
Krs One, Supernatural, Lord Finesse, Mic Geronimo, Royal Flush, Jamal, Cormega, Group Home, INI, Omniscence, Fugees, Pete Rock, Smooth B, G-Soul, Big Daddy Kane, Brooknam Rangers, Jay-Z, Stimuli, Swift, Camp-Lo, Greg Nice, Genesis, Pa Black, Big Twan, L-swift, A Butter, Pumpkinhead, Poops, Triflicts, Company Flow, Royal Fam
http://www.mediafire.com/?oj5zy3wovyf

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 12 (1996)
Royal Fam, Funk Jilz, Grand Ghetto, Royal Flush, Big Phenom, Sunz Of Man, Pharcyde, Percee P, SLD, Shyheim, Rubberbandz, Lord Finesse, All City, Raggedy Man, Non Phixion, G Poetic, Cella Dwellas, Smoothe Da Hustler, Trigger Da Gambler, Khrist, Arsonists, Pitch Black, La The Darkman, A-Butter, L-Swift, Lord Sear, Big L, Bloodshed, Murder Mace, Killer Kam, Bobbito, Black Thought, Shabaam Sahdeeq
http://www.mediafire.com/?mymzd2ovimq

Stretch & Bobbito Freestyles Volume 14 (1996)
http://www.mediafire.com/?k4jncmukwre

I pieced together the playlist for Volume 10. When I get a chance, I'll record the playlist for volume 9, and piece together the playlists for 13 & 14.

Andy - that unidentified 1995 volume that you posted is freestyle tape #10. Yours sounds like a first generation source, albeit with distortion in parts. I received mine in a trade, and it sounds like a second or third generation dub, but there's no distortion. The one that you posted is the true keeper, though, but maybe it would be a better idea to post 'em side by side so that people can get the best of both worlds.

BTW, I also have the "Night Train Freestyles" volumes 1 & 2. Those tapes are also 90 minutes a piece. I'll up 'em pretty soon.

As I indicated in previous threads, I recently got my tapedeck fixed. Otherwise, I'd have posted this shit a long time ago. Hell, I kinda fucked myself over b/c I could have used a lot of these freestyles for the non-album track comps.

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

:bow: Hella props Roy, I'll throw em up on the blog tonight.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Mega props Roy. Great work compiling the playlists!

Thanks to Andy for creating this thread and upping his too.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Ho1ogramz wrote:Mega props Roy. Great work compiling the playlists!

Thanks to Andy for creating this thread and upping his too.