Lord Finesse & Freestyle Professors - Confuse A Few PREO

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Ed_Catto

Lord Finesse & Freestyle Professors - Confuse A Few PREO

Post by Ed_Catto »

Freestyle Records are pleased to announce our new Japan-only release:

Freestyle Professors ג€“ Confuse A Few 12ג€

This sticker cover 12ג€ contains 8 tracks (5 vocal and 3 instrumental) as follows (* denotes tracks exclusive to this 12ג€ and NOT on the upcoming Gryme Tyme 2xLP):

Confuse A Few
(Produced by and featuring Lord Finesse)

Jump On It
(Produced by Branesparker, featuring Don Q and Akbar)

Luv U
(produced by Branesparker, featuring Stanley Grimes aka Page the Hand Grenade)

* Grit Dat Gryme
(Produced by Branesparker)

* We Wonג€™t Stop
(Produced by Branesparker, featuring Stanley Grimes aka Page The Hand Grenade)

* Confuse A Few Instrumental

* Jump On It Instrumental

* We Wonג€™t Stop Instrumental

See attached for scans of the labels and sticker:

And check here for snippets of the 5 vocal tracks:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/23/ ... ippets.MP3

This 12ג€ is being pressed in a quantity of 750 largely for the Japanese market. However, we have copies available for the rest of the world via this preorder.

The cost of this 12ג€ is $15. As a special offer to our fans we can do two copies for $25.

Shipping is $7 within the U.S. and $15 overseas (for 1-2 copies)

We are taking pre-orders now. Please PM me if interested.

Peace,
Ed Catto
Freestyle Records
NYC March 2009
Last edited by Ed_Catto on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godmc

Post by godmc »

lookin' forward to it.

:cheers:

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

i pmed you ed

:cheers: again

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Ed, please can you upload it here so I can download it free?

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Ed - I'm trying to PM you but it doesn't seem to be working. I'd like a copy please...

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

PopsUK wrote:Ed, please can you upload it here so I can download it free?
Ha Ha! Sure, just as soon as I sell out. I PM'd you.

Thanks to those that ordered and those who took the time to listen.

Peace,
Ed

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

is there any other way except paypal to pay for this? i know a method that i'm using inside my country but i don't know if you can do it. i'm ordering something and when the package arrive, i'm going to the post office and i will give them the money and they are sending the money to the seller. is this possible Ed? i wanna get one piece of this.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Sounds good, sounds good
But YO! give us the album already, ha-haa!
Glad to see Akbar and Page names on it - I think we need another album by Akbar!
It seems Finesse only doing a hook - I wonder why he isn't rhyming AT ALL these days ?
We will probably never get a full album with Finesse rhyming again....

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Blanco wrote: It seems Finesse only doing a hook - I wonder why he isn't rhyming AT ALL these days ?
We will probably never get a full album with Finesse rhyming again....
Don't think we didn't try! I fear you are right, though.

Peace,
Ed

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

K-Funkadelic wrote:is there any other way except paypal to pay for this? i know a method that i'm using inside my country but i don't know if you can do it. i'm ordering something and when the package arrive, i'm going to the post office and i will give them the money and they are sending the money to the seller. is this possible Ed? i wanna get one piece of this.
Sounds like C.O.D., what's your country? I accept cash!

Peace,
Ed

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Oh, yeah when was the last time :
I mean he had a verse on Muro's album few years ago, but who knows how old this was... Before that I guess it happened on that Handsome Boy Modeling project or some obscure Joni Rewind or DJ Yoda's albums, but who knows when these were actually recorded
I guess the last time he put out a proper verse was around the time of Big L's death.... or even when he was still alive - I'm not saying (at least not yet, ha-haa) that L was writing his rhymes, but smth isn't right here - how come he hasn't rhymed for the last 10 years ??
He used to release albums in every few years and did features and solo rhymes constantly, so it doesn't make sense really... he is still around and involved, so why is that ?
He must be feelin really insecure these days or just too old for doing this - I mean, I understand that he has more to lose than win, but I would love to buy his new album!

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

I know, it has been way too long. I think he has so much going on that he doesn't really need to and probably doesn't understand how much he is missed lyrically. We pushed hard for 16 but had to settle on a chorus. Still, Spark stays sharp and really brought it lyrically over one of the best beats Finesse has done in years, in my opinion, so we ended up with a great track and a lead single for Gryme Tyme.

Peace,
Ed
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TjDP9qhf4Q&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TjDP9qhf4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Yeah, but 15 years ago he would have wrote that 16 in 15 minutes.
For some reason he still mentions that solo album in his interviews - unfortunatelly his "release dates" are even less reliable than Dre's "Detox"...
At least he still occasionally makes some beats.
Is that collabo album with Puba rappin and Finesse on the beats still on ?
Probably not...

BUT looking forward for "Gryme Tyme" - hopefully it won't get push back anymore!

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Blanco wrote: Is that collabo album with Puba rappin and Finesse on the beats still on ?
Probably not...

BUT looking forward for "Gryme Tyme" - hopefully it won't get push back anymore!
Not sure about the Puba/Finesse collabo. Will ask for what it is worth...

Gryme Tyme is finished and will be out by the summer. This shit is pure heat and I hope it will bring the FPs to the attention of even more hardcore Hip Hope heads around the world. In the meantime, snack on the Confuse A Few 12"!

Peace,
Ed

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Quick question when were these track recorded?? cause it sounds like in snippet sampler they say something about Barack??

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ahem

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

Ed_Catto wrote:
K-Funkadelic wrote:is there any other way except paypal to pay for this? i know a method that i'm using inside my country but i don't know if you can do it. i'm ordering something and when the package arrive, i'm going to the post office and i will give them the money and they are sending the money to the seller. is this possible Ed? i wanna get one piece of this.

Peace,
Ed
Romania. so, how can i get one copy?

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

K-Funkadelic wrote:
Ed_Catto wrote:

Peace,
Ed
Romania. so, how can i get one copy?
Shipping would be $15 to Romania, so $30 for 1 copy or $40 for doubles. PM me and I will hit you with the email address for payment.

Peace,
Ed

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Tired & Broke wrote:Quick question when were these track recorded?? cause it sounds like in snippet sampler they say something about Barack??
All tracks were recorded in 2008, except for We Won't Stop which was recorded earlier this year.

Peace,
Ed

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Wut Up Y'all:

I have now received the new 12"s and have already started shipping. So we are a bit ahead of schedule. If you paid toward the beginning of March then you should receive your record(s) in the next week or so. if you paid toward the end of March (after the 21st) then it will probably take more like 2 weeks or so to receive.

Thank you everyone for the support and please let us know what you think.

Peace,
Ed Catto

boogs

Post by boogs »

pre-ordered my copy through hhv.de How's the odds that the preorder date 7 April can be met (that's what they have on their site)? Can't wait!

godmc

Post by godmc »

the whole 12" is HEAT. love it.

Verge

Post by Verge »

godmc wrote:the whole 12" is HEAT. love it.
Word. Got mine today, too.
Lovin' it. Definitely on some "Sounds Like The 90's" shit.

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

hmmm, havent gotten mine yet..... but i think i lagged on ordering my copies. cant wait , especially with the reviews that are coming in......

Verge

Post by Verge »

Cantin wrote:hmmm, havent gotten mine yet..... but i think i lagged on ordering my copies. cant wait , especially with the reviews that are coming in......
Yea, man. Even guest spot Akbar wrecks when he gets on. I've always liked him, but it sounded different to me hearing him just blaze straight lyrics like this. I think you'll like this.

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

Verge wrote:
Cantin wrote:hmmm, havent gotten mine yet..... but i think i lagged on ordering my copies. cant wait , especially with the reviews that are coming in......
Yea, man. Even guest spot Akbar wrecks when he gets on. I've always liked him, but it sounded different to me hearing him just blaze straight lyrics like this. I think you'll like this.
dang!! , now im not gonna be able to concentrate at work

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Verge wrote:
Thanks for the props, peoples. Get those orders in!

We are working on an EP with Akbar so stay tuned.

Peace,
Ed Catto

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I would like .05 % of all profits earned.

Ed_Catto

Post by Ed_Catto »

Philaflava wrote:I would like .05 % of all profits earned.
No problem, but it will only be on profits earned from sales to Philaflava members. So far that is only 4 total sales, I believe.

Peace,
Ed

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

You can send the 60 cents to Paypal@philaflava.com