Philaflava.com :: • View topic - Mixtapes, Blends, Vintage Radio, Etc.




It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Cool, thanks. Always good to have things like this on deck and I can't do them myself!

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 am
Posts: 248
Location: BX - NYC - UPTOWN
step one wrote:
Cool, thanks. Always good to have things like this on deck and I can't do them myself!



For sure brother. Im putting out the next one in a week or two. I'm just waiting till the hits on it slow down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 am
Posts: 248
Location: BX - NYC - UPTOWN
I'm putting out the mixes backwards. So here is Vol 8 for your listening pleasure. MP3 to follow.


Image

Mixcloud Link
https://www.mixcloud.com/IceHouseStudio ... m-v8-endd/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 2
I forgot the password & email address to my grimeandlime account so I've had to use this one (etc)

When I am ripping tapes now, I get a strange noise from the computer added. It's not there on the tape to hear but when I play it back in audacity or export to an mp3 its there. Seems to have suddenly happened a few tape rips ago.

The only change to my hardware is a new pair of headphones, which as usual are plugged into the soundcard at the back - not that headphones would cause such a noise.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0yec3879 ... SNOISE.mp3

any ideas? small sample clip above.

I've tried changing a few settings to input etc but makes no difference!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:46 pm
Posts: 624
hypermasculine wrote:
I forgot the password & email address to my grimeandlime account so I've had to use this one (etc)

When I am ripping tapes now, I get a strange noise from the computer added. It's not there on the tape to hear but when I play it back in audacity or export to an mp3 its there. Seems to have suddenly happened a few tape rips ago.

The only change to my hardware is a new pair of headphones, which as usual are plugged into the soundcard at the back - not that headphones would cause such a noise.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0yec3879 ... SNOISE.mp3

any ideas? small sample clip above.

I've tried changing a few settings to input etc but makes no difference!


hard to tell...could be a number of issues. If the sound isn't there when you just play the tape back on the tapedeck, then I think it's safe to assume that the problem isn't the tape deck. did you change any wiring configurations lately? or change any cords?

Usually I find the way to get to the root of these problems is to rule things out step by step.

So if I were you, I'd unplug the tape deck from your computer, and plug another source into the same jack like a CD player. Try playing a CD and recording with your computer. If the sound is still there, then it's 100% not your tape deck. The second thing I would do is try swapping your RCA cords. These cords can deteriorate over time (just happened to me last week). If swapping cords doesn't change anything, then I think the problem could have something to do with your computer soundcard.

And even though it shouldn't be the case, I would even try removing your headphones from the back and try recording again (only because you mentioned that's the only thing that you changed recently).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 2
Cheers @ Dj Filthy Rich. Will try all this and will let you know how I get on (not let go of you yet m8!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Shortee Blitz & Big Ted on Kiss FM, 23rd June 2004

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05 ... 30604.html

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 604
hypermasculine wrote:
When I am ripping tapes now, I get a strange noise from the computer added. It's not there on the tape to hear but when I play it back in audacity or export to an mp3 its there. Seems to have suddenly happened a few tape rips ago.

The only change to my hardware is a new pair of headphones, which as usual are plugged into the soundcard at the back - not that headphones would cause such a noise.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0yec3879 ... SNOISE.mp3

any ideas? small sample clip above.

I've tried changing a few settings to input etc but makes no difference!


^ I had this occur in my setup and fixed it by using a ground loop isolator on the RCA cables running between the tape deck and the soundcard. Can't promise that this will fix your issue but it worked for me after I tried everything else.

Also, uploaded another mix recently...

https://soundcloud.com/debonair-p/debonair-blends-3

1. ABSTRACT RUDE & ATU - LEFT HAND SIDE
2. X-ECUTIONERS - TURNTABLIST THEME
3. SCIENTIFIK - INTERNAL AFFAIRS (REMIX)
4. WALKIN’ LARGE - SELF
5. LORD FINESSE - SOUL PLAN
6. JUGGAKNOTS - EPIPHANY
7. JERU THE DAMAJA - WHATEVER
8. AZ - GIMME YOURS
9. MIC GERONIMO - SHARANE
10. SCHOOLZ OF THOUGHT - THESE THINGS YOU SAY
11. CHINO XL - RAPPERS ARE IN DANGER
12. VARIOUS BLENDS - TO THE GUT
13. RED HOT LOVER TONE - #1 PLAYER
14. DJ SPINNA - PLATINUM
15. METHOD MAN - FREESTYLE
16. PLANET ASIA - CALI BREEZE
17. REDMAN - I GET DOWN LIKE THAT
18. KOOL G RAP - BLOWIN‘ UP IN THE WORLD
19. SAUCE MONEY - WHAT WE DO
20. COMPANY FLOW - CORNERS 94
21. GRAND PUBA - 7XL
22. T-MAX - WHAT WOULD U DO?
23. NICK WIZ - MIND CRUSHER
24. LITTLE SHAWN - CHECK IT OUT Y’ALL
25. RASCALZ - FITNREDI
26. FOUNDATION & REZIDUE - DON’T GET IT TWISTED
27. GRAV - SICK THOUGHTS
28. RUBIX & TALIB KWELI - MILLIONAIRES
29. GURU - FOR YOU
30. ARTIFACTS - WHERE YO SKILLZ AT?
31. CL SMOOTH - ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
32. MASSINFLUENCE - LIFE TO THE MC (REMIX)
33. BUCKSHOT - TRAPPED
34. PETE ROCK & OC - RESPECT MINE
35. SHOW & AG - YOU WANT IT
36. THE BUMS - 6 FIGURES AND UP
37. RASCO - TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN
38. THE NONCE - LIVE & DIRECT
39. BAHAMADIA - RUGGED RUFF
40. ZION I - CRITICAL
41. RANJAHZ - DAILY BASIS
42. LEE MAJORS - TINSELTOWN TO BOOGIEDOWN
43. PETE ROCK - SMOKING ROOM ONLY
44. KEITH MURRAY - MANIFIQUE
45. COMMON - RESURRECTION (REMIX)
46. DA YOUNGSTAS - NO MERCY
47. MAD SKILLZ - NOD FACTOR (REMIX)
48. DITC - DIGNIFIED SOLDIERS (REMIX)
49. TASH - THE GAME
50. PEP LOVE - A NEW RELIGION
51. BOOGIEMONSTERS - SAY WORD
52. NAS - ONE AND ONE
53. TRACEY LEE - BIG WILL
54. K-OTIX - QUESTIONS
55. BIG PUN - BOOMARANG
56. KID THUN - I WONDER (LIFE)
57. VAKILL - THE CREED
58. BIG NOYD - USUAL SUSPECT
59. STYLES OF BEYOND - ENDANGERED
60. DJ PREMIER - RETURN OF THE CROOKLYN DODGERS (INSTRUMENTAL)
61. MISSIN’ LINX - WHO U BE
62. MOBB DEEP - DRINK AWAY THE PAIN
63. AL TARIQ - TALK ABOUT IT
64. MASTA ACE - EASTBOUND

_________________
Vinyl / Cassettes / Mixtapes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 am
Posts: 248
Location: BX - NYC - UPTOWN
Debonair_P wrote:
hypermasculine wrote:
When I am ripping tapes now, I get a strange noise from the computer added. It's not there on the tape to hear but when I play it back in audacity or export to an mp3 its there. Seems to have suddenly happened a few tape rips ago.

The only change to my hardware is a new pair of headphones, which as usual are plugged into the soundcard at the back - not that headphones would cause such a noise.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i0yec3879 ... SNOISE.mp3

any ideas? small sample clip above.

I've tried changing a few settings to input etc but makes no difference!


^ I had this occur in my setup and fixed it by using a ground loop isolator on the RCA cables running between the tape deck and the soundcard. Can't promise that this will fix your issue but it worked for me after I tried everything else.

Also, uploaded another mix recently...

https://soundcloud.com/debonair-p/debonair-blends-3

1. ABSTRACT RUDE & ATU - LEFT HAND SIDE
2. X-ECUTIONERS - TURNTABLIST THEME
3. SCIENTIFIK - INTERNAL AFFAIRS (REMIX)
4. WALKIN’ LARGE - SELF
5. LORD FINESSE - SOUL PLAN
6. JUGGAKNOTS - EPIPHANY
7. JERU THE DAMAJA - WHATEVER
8. AZ - GIMME YOURS
9. MIC GERONIMO - SHARANE
10. SCHOOLZ OF THOUGHT - THESE THINGS YOU SAY
11. CHINO XL - RAPPERS ARE IN DANGER
12. VARIOUS BLENDS - TO THE GUT
13. RED HOT LOVER TONE - #1 PLAYER
14. DJ SPINNA - PLATINUM
15. METHOD MAN - FREESTYLE
16. PLANET ASIA - CALI BREEZE
17. REDMAN - I GET DOWN LIKE THAT
18. KOOL G RAP - BLOWIN‘ UP IN THE WORLD
19. SAUCE MONEY - WHAT WE DO
20. COMPANY FLOW - CORNERS 94
21. GRAND PUBA - 7XL
22. T-MAX - WHAT WOULD U DO?
23. NICK WIZ - MIND CRUSHER
24. LITTLE SHAWN - CHECK IT OUT Y’ALL
25. RASCALZ - FITNREDI
26. FOUNDATION & REZIDUE - DON’T GET IT TWISTED
27. GRAV - SICK THOUGHTS
28. RUBIX & TALIB KWELI - MILLIONAIRES
29. GURU - FOR YOU
30. ARTIFACTS - WHERE YO SKILLZ AT?
31. CL SMOOTH - ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
32. MASSINFLUENCE - LIFE TO THE MC (REMIX)
33. BUCKSHOT - TRAPPED
34. PETE ROCK & OC - RESPECT MINE
35. SHOW & AG - YOU WANT IT
36. THE BUMS - 6 FIGURES AND UP
37. RASCO - TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN
38. THE NONCE - LIVE & DIRECT
39. BAHAMADIA - RUGGED RUFF
40. ZION I - CRITICAL
41. RANJAHZ - DAILY BASIS
42. LEE MAJORS - TINSELTOWN TO BOOGIEDOWN
43. PETE ROCK - SMOKING ROOM ONLY
44. KEITH MURRAY - MANIFIQUE
45. COMMON - RESURRECTION (REMIX)
46. DA YOUNGSTAS - NO MERCY
47. MAD SKILLZ - NOD FACTOR (REMIX)
48. DITC - DIGNIFIED SOLDIERS (REMIX)
49. TASH - THE GAME
50. PEP LOVE - A NEW RELIGION
51. BOOGIEMONSTERS - SAY WORD
52. NAS - ONE AND ONE
53. TRACEY LEE - BIG WILL
54. K-OTIX - QUESTIONS
55. BIG PUN - BOOMARANG
56. KID THUN - I WONDER (LIFE)
57. VAKILL - THE CREED
58. BIG NOYD - USUAL SUSPECT
59. STYLES OF BEYOND - ENDANGERED
60. DJ PREMIER - RETURN OF THE CROOKLYN DODGERS (INSTRUMENTAL)
61. MISSIN’ LINX - WHO U BE
62. MOBB DEEP - DRINK AWAY THE PAIN
63. AL TARIQ - TALK ABOUT IT
64. MASTA ACE - EASTBOUND


Dope mix. Love the BPM. ITs just right for today here in NYC. Rainy day music.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Funkmaster Flex on Hot 97, August 1994

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06 ... -1994.html

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Evil Dee - Nasdee Bushwick Joint

http://grimeandlime.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... joint.html

Image

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:32 am
Posts: 1080
Location: London
Posted these mixtapes in the 2000 thread, but think it belongs here as well.

DJ Skully - Juggle Me (2000): https://www.mediafire.com/?n534k1fnmsqoobx

DJ Imperial - Pimperial (2001): https://www.mediafire.com/?5lat35s9naa4w9g

_________________
Bad Cop On SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Thanks man. I used to have that Skully one so will be good to hear it again.

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Pete Rock & Marley Marl - Future Flavas on Hot 97, April 1996

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06 ... as-on.html

Large Professor & Pete Rock - The Rap World
Real Live ft Lord Tariq, Ghostface, Cappadonna & Killa Sin - Real Live Shit (remix)
Alley High - Voo Doo
The Roots - Clones
Bahamadia - 3 The Hardway
INI - Centre Of Attention
Group Home - Suspended In Time (remix)
Heltah Skeltah - Understand
Sadat X - Stages, Cameras, Lights
De La Soul ft Mos Def - Big Brother Beat
Mad Skillz - The Jam
Tragedy, Mobb Deep & CNN - LA, LA (remix)

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
This one is kind of crazy. Sway & Tech Wake Up Show from 1998 including a dope freestyle session with Guru, Eminem, Defari & The Beatnuts and then another one with Smif N Wessun and Eminem

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07 ... ke-up.html

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 262
amazing stuff on here recently! downloaded loads of it, gonna check it later. thanks a milly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
Funkmaster Flex - 'The Flava Mix' on Hot 97, 1994

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07 ... -1994.html

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 9264
Location: UK
DJ Step One - The Remix Mix Volume 3 (all remixes from 95-96)

stream or DL:
https://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2017/0 ... -2017.html

Tracklist
AZ 'Gimme Yours' (Erick Sermon remix)
Big L 'MVP' (Smooth Summer mix)
Grand Puba 'A Little Of This' (Stud Doogie remix)
Notorious BIG 'Big Poppa' (Jermaine Dupri remix)
Real Live ft Tragedy & Capone 'The Turnaround' (Thug remix)
INI ft Pete Rock 'Fakin Jax' (Frankenstein remix)
Little Indian ft The Foreigner 'One Little Indian' (Buckwild remix)
D&D All Stars '1,2 Pass It' (remix)
Fugees 'Fugee La' (Refugee Camp remix)
Big Noyd ft Prodigy 'Usual Suspect' (Stretch Armstrong remix)
Kool G Rap ft Nas 'Fast Life' (Norfside remix)
Smif N Wessun 'Soundboy Buriell' (remix)
Common Sense 'Resurrection' (Extra P remix)
Jigmastas ft Skam & The Buildin Blox 'Beyond Real' (remix)
Frankie Cutlass ft Doo Wop, Fat Joe & Evil Twinz 'Boriquas On The Set' (Flip Squad remix)
Above The Law '100 Spokes' (Fresh On D's remix)
MC Eiht 'Thuggin It Up' (DJ Spinna remix)
Pharcyde 'Runnin' (Jay Dee remix)

_________________
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.