Freestyles, Demos, Assorted Rarities

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

kevin beacham

Freestyles, Demos, Assorted Rarities

Post by kevin beacham »

been transferring tapes all weekend so here is a few things:

-misc freestyles: http://www.sendspace.com/file/356h2a

1)Krs One, Lord Finesse, & Supernatural on Stretch Armstong with Lord
Finesse on the SP-12

2)Mic Geronimo on the Stretch Armstrong Show

3)Supernatural on the Stretch Armstrong Show

4)Smoothe Da Hustler Freestyle from 106 Jams Chicago in '95

-misc rarities: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ymch0z

DJ Clear feat OC and Poops-A Clear Day Intro
DR Octagon w/Sir Menelik: pretty sure this didn't get released and I got
it from a Bobbito show.
Trends Of Culture-Who Got My Back Remix w/Treach and Method Man
Ras Kass, Saafir, Voodu!, Aarogant-Handle The Truth (rough)

I forgot to include the other unreleased Trend Of Culture track "Coming From The Underground" (Featuring Da King & I and Pudgee) so if anyone needs that let me know and I'll post it.

I'll be adding more to this thread later....

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

whoa, thanks again kevin :cheers:
and yesss, post that trendz track
:cheers:

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Thanks Kev! :bow: T.R.O.Y. Member of the month!

I've always been looking for that Who's Got My Back Remix in "Good" Quality!

kimani

Post by kimani »

thomasv wrote:Thanks Kev! :bow: T.R.O.Y. Member of the month!
:cheers: :bow: :cheers: :bow:
Phenomenal stuff lately Kevin.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Those Stretch & Bobbito shows hold gems. What I'd give to hear a show like that nowadays... Mad props on everything thus far. I will be awaiting that Coming From The Underground track. :cheers:
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hm7p2v

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

kevin beacham wrote:my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

:ohsh: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

Is it from a radio show? (didn't download yet)

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

no I think it might be from Grapevine himself. He is/was friends with Grav (Gravity) who dropped that Kanye produced album in Chicago in '96. At the time, I was hanging out with Grav on the reg so I got it from him I believe.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Hmm. Sounds like it was from a radio show or just a rough take... they're freestyling and doing shout-outs towards the end. Nevertheless, it's ill.

Edit:
kevin beacham wrote:no
Didn't see that there.
Last edited by Ho1ogramz on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

kevin beacham wrote:my pleasure good people. here's that other Trends track "Coming From The Underground"

This one contains a sample of Jack McDuff's "Shadow Of Your Smile". It's the same track that was used for these three:

Rhymefest - Lazy Rap
De La Soul - Ego Trippin' (LA Jay Remix)
Da King And I - Ghetto Instinct

Jack McDuff - Shadow Of Your Smile
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6245996-c09" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6245996-c09" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

that smoothe the hustler freestyle is crazy good looks.

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

Mansfield Status wrote:that smoothe the hustler freestyle is crazy good looks.
Yeah, I was helping out Profile Records at the time so I was with him on his radio and retail runs for this so I got to record it at the station. That day I also interviewed him for Caught In The Middle (for issue #3 that never dropped) and we did a big dinner for him at this soul food place with all the key retailers in Chicago. He was real cool peoples.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

hey kev,
thanks for all these. it's much appreciated.
random request though, you have any songs by raggedy man? all i ever had was a demo stretch and bob played. he was dope and i've always been curious to hear more.

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

kevin beacham wrote:no I think it might be from Grapevine himself. He is/was friends with Grav (Gravity) who dropped that Kanye produced album in Chicago in '96. At the time, I was hanging out with Grav on the reg so I got it from him I believe.
cool.

yeah, Down To Earth is a great album!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

:ohsh: :bow: :cheers: I'm yet again speechless, good looking out Kev B

thebridgeisover

Post by thebridgeisover »

The Trendz remix and the Kris freestyle are must have for anyone. great post!

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

Blockhead wrote:hey kev,
random request though, you have any songs by raggedy man? all i ever had was a demo stretch and bob played. he was dope and i've always been curious to hear more.
Funny I was just doing some Raggedy Man research recently. I hit up Bobbito about a Raggedy Man freestyle with a a beat box and I was trying to confirm if the beatbox that night was Biz Markie, but Bob said he didn't remember... I was asking because some of the lyrics that Rag kicks in that freestyle are lyrics Biz uses later on "All Samples Cleared". I'm pretty sure that Raggedy wrote "I'm The Biz Markie" and "I'm Singing"....

Anyway here is all the Raggedy Man stuff I have found and converted so far:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ux0mc0

there is:
Raggedy Man Stretch Armstrong Show freestyles (w/beatbox...BIZ??)
Positive K w/Raggedy Man demo
Raggedy Man-Can U Feel Me (from Def Jam "Spring Breaks & Beats
Sampler '97" cause he had just gotten signed to them)

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

kevin beacham wrote:
Blockhead wrote:hey kev,
Funny I was just doing some Raggedy Man research recently. I hit up Bobbito about a Raggedy Man freestyle with a a beat box and I was trying to confirm if the beatbox that night was Biz Markie, but Bob said he didn't remember... I was asking because some of the lyrics that Rag kicks in that freestyle are lyrics Biz uses later on "All Samples Cleared". I'm pretty sure that Raggedy wrote "I'm The Biz Markie" and "I'm Singing"....

Anyway here is all the Raggedy Man stuff I have found and converted so far:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ux0mc0

there is:
Raggedy Man Stretch Armstrong Show freestyles (w/beatbox...BIZ??)
Positive K w/Raggedy Man demo
Raggedy Man-Can U Feel Me (from Def Jam "Spring Breaks & Beats
Sampler '97" cause he had just gotten signed to them)
you're the man!
i posted about him earlier last year and someone upped a shitload of freestyles he did on jersey radio stations. i'm wondering if that link still works. there was some dope shit on there.

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

yeah, I would love to hear any other Raggedy Man stuff for sure. he was dope!

Yakub Shabazz

Post by Yakub Shabazz »

Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's "Biology 101." I'm sorry to say I no longer even own a tape player, so I can't verify, but I know the one you uploaded was indeed on the cassette and the lyrics talk briefly about biology. Which means I'm not entirely sure what "On Production" is.

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

Yakub Shabazz wrote:Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's "Biology 101." I'm sorry to say I no longer even own a tape player, so I can't verify, but I know the one you uploaded was indeed on the cassette and the lyrics talk briefly about biology. Which means I'm not entirely sure what "On Production" is.
hmmm....you might be on too something. Automator told me he planned to release that album with different versions having different songs. I just didn't know (or remember) that he actually did that. I would have to find my original Bulk tape to verify....but actually I don't know if mine is the officially released version. Automator gave me a copy a while before the album came out and it was just a promo cassette.... I'll try to do some research on that.

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

i just finished listening to this rarites
pfff
thanks again KB
this just is, i dont know
west coast avengers track is bomb
ras kass verse is :ohsh:

godmc

Post by godmc »

ill shit. word.

question - minister too bad has three or four joints on those cater to the dj compilations and i've been wondering - does he have any other solo material? if someone could up those compilation joints plus any additional raps into one file, it would be appreciated.

godmc

Post by godmc »

holy shit - and rubberoom's GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE would be a FUCKING AMAZING upload if possible.

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

Wow!!!! Thanks for this monstrous post.

Been waiting to hear the Rag Man "Can U Feel Me" joint for a long time, the Pos K/Rag Man track is actually titled "E&J", it was on a Pos K 12" put out on Echo International somewhere around '98-'99. I know of another Rag Man track titled "Gravitation" (he was part of Chino XL's Gravitation crew, not sure if any of those cats are on it though)

Had no idea the Trendz track existed, that's heat right there. Thanks again.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

thanks for these.. but that sendspace shit is a bitch!

Verge

Post by Verge »

:cheers: Thanks again,kev.
Yakub Shabazz wrote:Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "unreleased" track from Keith & Menelik you uploaded is actually "Biology 101" from the cassette version of Dr. Octagon, on Bulk Records. -- Funny, I just now looked and Discogs claims that the cassette came out only on Dreamworks and not on Bulk, but I'm holding it here in my hands. The Bulk cassette has a couple other variations as well: no Halfsharkalligator, Blue Flowers remix or 1977, but has an Earth People remix and another track called "On Production."

'Dropping the skills on production,your mind gets splattered already headed for corruption" Yea,I had that tape,too. I'm pretty sure that 'On Production' was on the og pressing of the Dr. Octagon vinyl,too. Not positive,you know how shit gets re pressed and changed up. And discogs fucks up every once in a while. Oh well.
Last edited by Verge on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

Thread is unreal

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Digital Stimulation wrote: I know of another Rag Man track titled "Gravitation" (he was part of Chino XL's Gravitation crew, not sure if any of those cats are on it though)
i found this old link for it cause i posted a "who is this"? thread a while back.
hope it still works...
http://rapidshare.com/files/140587856/1 ... d.mp3.html

also, i found the link to the raggedy man freestyle's and it's down. i'll repost it later when i get some time.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

godmc wrote:holy shit - and rubberoom's GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE would be a FUCKING AMAZING upload if possible.
csentry upped it on here in mid-December:

http://www.zshare.net/download/5261111448e94428/

A monumental upload of a tape that I'd been trying to find for 10+ years.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?