I'm mad pissed off about this!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

K-Funk

I'm mad pissed off about this!

Post by K-Funk »

ghost718 wrote:I wouldn't expect many dudes from Phila to know if it exists on vinyl since only about 4 members own a real record..alotta maxtors and seagates though
Guess where i found this? Clue arrow: V.A. :roll:

Before i will say something else about this, i will leave you guys to comment on this!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

step one

Post by step one »

they were inadvertantly covered in the 'worst album..' thread last week:
Thun wrote:

The vast majority of the artists mentioned had 2, 3, or 4 songs on their albums that were better than 80% of the fucking super-rare recorded in a basement in Brooklyn, rereleased in Japan $600 vinyl singles that get jocked here by Belgian lads who can name every member of Sunz of Man's social security number but have never heard a Big Daddy Kane album.

I often get that feeling myself that theres lot of 'heads' who run around after all this super rare and obscure stuff, most of which - i'll be honest - I've never heard of (and I've been listening since the late 80s) yet they dont own basic essentials like PE, EPMD, LL etc.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

that was definitely a reach right there. an ugly one
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

ral278

well I'm sorry to say so but ghost is telling the truth! I visit phila from time to time and often find dudes postin (copying) my blog-posts in there. them is even such assholes makin fun of my work (as I usually leave a message that peeps should leave some feedback and those fuckers copy that in the forum and comment it with a big "haha")....
Jaz - be honest: Phila guys are mostly leecherz that don't possess any freakin record...all they have is virtual sound-archives they copied from all over the net and then spread it like it was their own shit!
crds

No, that is just a gross generalization ral, if I ever take anything from your blog I give you a credit and props and I know others do as well, the core of the T.R.O.Y. set are avid vinyl collectors and have big collections, sure we get the leechers and the virtual sound-archivers, but so what, so does every forum.

Ral, everyone takes posts from everyone, that's just the internet, shit Dante Ross took my whole Brand Nubian piece and didn't give me credit for it, I was surprised but also grateful that he liked the post so much that he wanted the whole thing on his blog.

You can't base your view of something, just by a view rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i'd just like to say i'm willing to bet i OWN more vinyl than most people on that fucking site. i'm somewhere between buckwild and ?uestlove levels bitches. tell all those euro-fags who have issues to know this one simple mantra.

No matter how good they think they got it, somebody always has it better.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

oh internet :lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

:shit: I been rocking vinyl since 19 eighty motha fuckin' Six. I've had a few major losses throughout the years that would have retired them fags from the whole game. Still diggin'. Jealosy is a bitch, innit?

Thun

Post by Thun »

I've only ever owned a few crates of vinyl in my life.

More importantly, though, I can easily break a Eurofag's jaw with one swift uppercut.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

remind me, didn't vinyl addicts start as a good blog that posted tons of single rips but then got shut down because the owner threw a huge fit about not enough gracious comments being left by the downloaders?

we should send mindbender over there, let them stare in the abyss for a second. motherfuckers acting like it's easy posting on the baby blue, shit's a jungle out here
Last edited by drizzle on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

Vinyl`s will contributing war in the "Rich World"

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i just skimmed that whole forum, there's TONS of links jacked from other blogs. what a bunch of hypocritical faggots

Verge

Post by Verge »

Verge wrote:I been rocking vinyl since 19 eighty motha fuckin' Six.
Just a slight exaggeration. I got my first piece of vinyl in '86. I didn't really start diggin' until maybe '94. But in between those years, I was a tape fiend. And why the fuck am I defending my diggin' habits, anyway? :roll:
Fuck them. You handled the situation well, Jaz.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

comments about phila will always pop up .. i cant really "vouche" for one side.. wouldnt it have been for sites like phila i would've never discovered dope underground joints and slept on classics, and if VA didnt exist i could've never made those connections to get some hard to find wax.. i can understand both sides (as a vinyl buyer and a dude that always needs a mp3/soundsnippet first before he buys said 12"/lp/cd )..but yeah ignoring is the best option imo

tape maniak

Post by tape maniak »

Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:Vinyl`s will contributing war in the "Rich World"
Yaaaa you took my sign from VA - nice one isn`t it? heheh actually i`m right about my sign :) :lol:

serch you are right on VA the people can take much more , much more knowledge about the records.
I prefer to buy vinyls , because i feel alike drugs for my body :gyeah:

Don`t want to take a side. What serch4 said.... ignoring is the best option.
I don`t want to talk about collection - everyone has his own dope collection.I started buy records since 88' should i write the NOTE? hehe take care guys.
Last edited by tape maniak on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

step one

Post by step one »

proof that some people take their hobbies way too seriously.
its music - its there for entertainment and enjoyment.

ral278

Post by ral278 »

Jaz wrote:
ral278

well I'm sorry to ......
crds

No, that is just a gross generalization ral, ........a view rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch.
JAZ: I'm fully aware that such files are copied, posted , copied...anywhere in the net. I think I wrote this message on VA not cuz I wanted to go on a holy war against all peepz who ever might have used my rips (if so I guess I'd have to start in youtube first anyway...). when i decided to run my blog I knew that ish like dat's gonna happen. of course I get pissed when I realize that feedback in my blog is lil compared to where my ish is later on posted over all by exactly such leachers but you're rite mang, if I don't wanna support this anymore then I could simply close dat blog...
I guess what pissed me off was that aggressive tone u had rite @ ur 1st comment in this VA-thread (fuck this n that....nah mean!?!). also cuz I know some dudes in here using my rips on the regular - puttin them in here n makin fun of the origin source "got that from a blog....as he says "leave a comment"....bwahaha:fuck that". shit like that didn't only occur once in here so that's why your senseless aggressive tone got me over my boiling point.
one also needs to be able to admit a mistake and this i certainly have to for the generalization I did when claimin' that most of phila-peeps don't have any records at all n only leach for virtual files. this was an emotional phrase and i apologize to those headz in here who actually own records n worship them like every good collector does...
btw: talking bout behaviours in the internet => guess it's also very common that peepz get so freakin crazy n start talkin stupid shit bout "euro-fags" and breakin dem jaws n shit....this only-in-the-internet-i-can-be-a-tough-guy-but-in-the-real-worl-I-suck attitude is just kindergarten....

well, nuff said from my side. to me this whole issue is "ad acta" - as reasonable voices said already: "it's bout good music n enjoying it - goddamnit!"

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Feelings. :lol:

There are a lot of cats over there that have been digging for years and are really knowledgeable about their stuff. Not to say there aren't any here, but I don't see people posting up label scans and comparing bootlegs to OG pressings... pretty useful stuff if you're into collecting records. But here @ :phila: you can find those rare mp3s that nobody else has and I feel we're much more willing to share actual music here for the sake of it.

Both forums are a bit different, but both are dope. I could really give a shit what that person at VA said.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Crash likes this post. It's to be read with a cool head. :pause:

What's the big deal ? I don't get it yet.

I have a shit ton on vinyl. casettes. vhs tapes. cd's. etc.

Largely.. I enjoy going through that set of music using any method of play more than listening to mp3's. Because they are MINE. I own em. It's right here, look at this shit. I have it. You might.. but maybe I have 2... Ha Ha...

The whole blog-o-sphere "they got that from me" shit is crazy... Did you make it ? O.k. if so awesome.. If not cool you FOUND it somewhere already existing on some media and spread it out there... Just like the next person that passes it on.. Sure folks should let em know the source.. How much time (ripping blogging etc.) do you guys spend on this stuff ? I go maybe 15 places on the internet.. and follow links maybe from here but not too many places else..

Are most of you behind the comp 24/7 ? I have been lately but only because I'm jobless.

Don't get me wrong.. recently I've dug into a gang of music off the wonderful world that is T.R.O.Y.

It's a community.. you have leech's that don't up the ante. ever.. some that have a few times but should a lot more (myself).. and some of you we should just paypal a good 300 a month for the freebies they toss at us..

Anyway I say put it out there.. someone bring it here... It's a good system.

I just don't care about the blog as much as hearing the actual tracks. MP3's even sound better to me when I own the real physical piece. :gyeah: But again.. in the blogosphere much of it never even has a physical counterpart....

I dunno. Thanks for the music ?
Last edited by CRASH DDZ on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

:didntread:

step one

Post by step one »

i get the whole OG pressing vs bootys thing but posting pics and talking about run off etchings is too much.

just enjoy the music people!

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

^ Do you think these cats enjoy music any less? I tend to think they care for music more than some people who only leech mp3s because they actually go out and dig for them and pay for them (big difference in price value between an OG pressing and boot, etchings can be critical - i.e. the Cenubites EP). It took me 2 years to find a copy of this record but I finally did 2 months ago, after relentlessly searching and negotiating... Sure I had it on mp3 (most of it) but it's the thrill of the chase I guess... having it in your hands and owning it. It can also be a source of addiction. haha

godmc

Post by godmc »

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I'M WAY MAD RIGHT NOW.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Ho1ogramz wrote:^ Do you think these cats enjoy music any less? I tend to think they care for music more than some people who only leech mp3s because they actually go out and dig for them and pay for them (big difference in price value between an OG pressing and boot, etchings can be critical - i.e. the Cenubites EP). It took me 2 years to find a copy of this record but I finally did 2 months ago, after relentlessly searching and negotiating... Sure I had it on mp3 (most of it) but it's the thrill of the chase I guess... having it in your hands and owning it. It can also be a source of addiction. haha
they simply are the Trekkies of the hip hop world.
I'm a Trekker.

BTW What's you're paypal account ? :bow: :lol: :megaman:

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

CRASH DDZ wrote:
Ho1ogramz wrote:^ Do you think these cats enjoy music any less? I tend to think they care for music more than some people who only leech mp3s because they actually go out and dig for them and pay for them (big difference in price value between an OG pressing and boot, etchings can be critical - i.e. the Cenubites EP). It took me 2 years to find a copy of this record but I finally did 2 months ago, after relentlessly searching and negotiating... Sure I had it on mp3 (most of it) but it's the thrill of the chase I guess... having it in your hands and owning it. It can also be a source of addiction. haha
they simply are the Trekkies of the hip hop world.
I'm a Trekker.

BTW What's you're paypal account ? :bow: :lol: :megaman:
Forreal? Send me funds! :lol:

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

gimme yo addy and I \'ll snail mail you a 5 dollar bill. surusly. :lol: :cheers:

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Nice, that'll cover shipping for this record I just purchased on eBay. heh

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

what you're describing is appreciation of owning a piece of plastic, not appreciation of a song that's actually etched on that piece of plastic. the two concepts are in no way mutually exclusive, but the distinction is very significant. VA seems to be oriented towards the former, this forum focuses on the latter. you might disagree, but I feel that in terms of proliferation of this genre of music and promoting awareness of obscure artists, the latter is far more important.

tangentially, griping about not receiving proper credit for ripping/uploading something has far more to do with bruised egos and entitlement than it does with any kind of real fandom of anything.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

drizzle wrote:tangentially
:killacam:

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

^ You should watch this documentary called Vinyl, it's sad as fuck and deals with what you're talking about to a pathetic degree. I agree Drizz.

However, I feel like these people are doing their part in spreading music once they rip it. Without blogs like ral's for example, people wouldn't hear those records, because face it, people in general don't want to buy records they just download it out of convenience. Without diggers there wouldn't be music to spread (talking pre-2000 indie hip-hop). So yeah, I hold respect for these people and feel they deserve more credit than they get sometimes. No hard feelings. This discussion is getting tired though.