NICK WIZ ג€“ ג€œCELLAR SELECTIONS VOL. 1 2LPג€ [NSR2LP-001]

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Andyman187

NICK WIZ ג€“ ג€œCELLAR SELECTIONS VOL. 1 2LPג€ [NSR2LP-001]

Post by Andyman187 »

Found this out via Nick's Facebook! Next up is some new unreleased D.I.T.C. flava!!
NICK WIZ ג€“ ג€œCELLAR SELECTIONS VOL. 1 2LPג€ [NSR2LP-001] LIMITED RELEASE!! [Sealed / Sticker cover / 250 quantity mail order]
Peace vinyl collecting world! After the great success of our last EP, Godfather Don, we are back as promised to continue our series: Nick Wiz ג€œCellar Selectionsג€ Vol. 1 is here! By popular request we are finally putting on vinyl most of the tracks from Nick Wiz ג€œCellar Soundsג€ Vol. 1 2CD that have never been pressed up before. We are also including a couple bonus tracks from the forthcoming No Sleep Recordings 2CD, ג€œCellar Soundsג€ Vol. 2!
Nick Wiz has been a Hip-Hop mainstay since his teenage years. Having first impacted the early 90ג€™s scene with his beat contributions to Ecko Unlimitedג€™s ג€œUnderground Airplayג€ cassette series; Nickג€™s sound was a considerable part of the early Lyricist Lounge movement. This continued into working with Lounge alum, The Cella Dwellas, as well as the likes of Rakim, Chubb Rock, Mad Skillz, Channel Live and countless others. Producing in his own studio, appropriately named ג€œThe Cellarג€, his sound was a unique fusion of filters, horns, smacking SP-1200 drums and dense bass-lines. With round the clock recording sessions, Nickג€™s studio was constantly flooded with both Hip-Hopג€™s elite talent and the best of the underground scene as well. While a lot of the material produced and recorded by him found its way to full-length CD releases, countless other tracks were unreleased; only heard on underground radio shows and rare demos.
This release focuses mostly on the mid-90s demos from the first 2CD, specifically the highly sought after Lyricist Lounge ג€œUnderground Airplayג€ tracks and the rare Stretch and Bobbito demos that have never been on vinyl. This release is the first of two Cellar Selections 2LPs, as the second will be released in early 2011 and will mostly feature tracks from ג€œCellar Soundsג€ Vol. 2 with a few leftovers from Vol. 1ג€¦.
As with our last release, we have made some changes to improve on how we release these records. First, this is already in stock (and sounds great) and all packages will ship in bulk on Monday or Tuesday of the week of August 2nd. So there is no extended wait time after processing your payment. Also, we will be trying to reduce prices on these types of releases as much as possible going forward. This greatly depends on the deals we make with the artists, but this particular 2LP will retail for only $40 plus S&H. Thatג€™s right, for double wax!
Thanks for your support as always and stayed tuned for our next releases. Next up is some new unreleased D.I.T.C. flava for all those who have been asking. Keep supporting as we again intend to reward all the consistent customers/collectors (who buy directly from us) of the 2010 series ;-)
God Bless,
James ג€œDLג€
Ordering information and snippets are posted below. RECORD ONE
SIDE A. 1. CELLA DWELLAS - "IT'S TIME" 19972. LSD - "PARKSIDE MADNESS" 19943. SHADOWZ IN DA DARK - "BRIGHT LIGHTS" 19944. PUDGEE - "GET DOWN" *+ 1995 SIDE B. 5. SHABAAM SAHDEEQ - "CAN'T BE YA LOVER" 19946. MIILKBONE feat. K-BANGER - "DIRTY DELANEY" 19947. RAN REED - "BLACK BOOK INTERLUDE" 19948. RAN REED feat. THE CELLA DWELLAS - "THE DEFINITION" 19979. NAUTILUS - "UNTITLED" 1994 RECORD TWO SIDE C. 1. RED HOT LOVER TONE - "4 MY PEEPS" REMIX 19942. CHUBB ROCK - "VERSE" 19963. SHADOWZ IN DA DARK - "BREAK FOOL" 19924. CHUBB ROCK, RAN REED, THE CELLA DWELLAS - "LYRICIST LOUNGE FREESTYLE" 19955. NAUTILUS - "CONTACT" *+ 1994 SIDE D. 6. SHABAAM SAHDEEQ w/ BLACK SUN (SHADOWZ IN DA DARK) - "WHEN THE SHIT HITS THE FAN" 19957. DARC MIND - "WE IN THIS" 19968. SHABAAM SAHDEEQ feat. BAYBE - "SEXY" 19949. HITMAN - "REAL NIGGAS" + 1994 * Previously unreleased+ Tracks appear on forthcoming Nick Wiz "Cellar Sounds" Vol. 2 CD (NSR-005)
SNIPPETS of all tracks on the 2LP can be heard here:
RECORD ONE:http://www.zshare.net/audio/786778482d289600/ RECORD TWO:http://www.zshare.net/audio/7867818112a60dda/
DETAILS & PAYMENT INFORMATION:
- I will start responding and sending out Paypal invoices at 8am, EST on July 26th, 2010. I will start from the back to the front so please be patient. If you e-mailed us earlier then that, I will invoice you in queue and allow you 24 hours to pay to keep your place.- Orders are being taken immediately. Get your order in and reserve your copy.- Limited to only 250 copies, this collector's 2LP will not be repressed. -The 2LP comes sealed in a black jacket with color sticker at top right corner.- Price is 40.00 USD plus shipping & handling fees.- These records are sold on a first come, first serve basis.- We are accepting payments worldwide with PayPal in US currency.- Records are in stock and will be shipping top of the week of August 2nd, 2010.
To PRE-ORDER now, send an e-mail to: nosleeprecordings@gmail.com
In the subject please write: ORDER: NSR2LP-001 NICK WIZ
Provide the following information in your e-mail:
1. Your PayPal e-mail2. Your full name (first and last)3. Your full shipping address, printed as it should read for the postal carrier in your region4. Quantity5. Shipping option (choose from below, either REGULAR or EXPRESS) *
Price per copy is $40.00

***INPORTANT*** Some shipping costs have CHANGED. Make sure you read the new prices clearly. Most prices have stayed the same but as I found out in my last mailing, the price of EMS has increased overseas. The initial price is higher, but the costs for additional records are lower. For those who order multiple records and pay with EMS, it should balance out. Airmail prices for Europe/UK have stayed the same, but USA Priority and EMS shipping have increased. Please look below to learn the new postage rates. We make nothing off of this btwג€¦

**IMPORTANT** If you live in FRANCE, it is mandatory that you pay EMS (express mail service) for insured shipping with tracking. I know it sucks but I had a lot of French postal issues.
***IMPORTANT*** If you buy more then three copies, you MUST use EMS. That way we have insurance / tracking for an expensive package like that. Thanks.
REGULAR SHIPPING (no insurance/tracking)For shipping without insurance or tracking provided, please add:
$8.00 - USA [USPS Priority Mail 2-3 days]$8.00 - CANADA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]$14.50 - UK & EUROPE [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]$17.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]
Add $2.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.
EXPRESS SHIPPING (with insurance/tracking)For shipping that includes insurance and tracking details, please add:
$26.00 - USA [USPS Express Mail next day]$25.00 - CANADA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]$35.00 - UK & EUROPE [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]$30.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]
Add $2.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.
EMS is FASTER then Airmailג€¦If you need to be the first person to get one, PLEASE order with EMS. You also get tracking with this option.
Please verify carefully that your shipping address is 100% correct to avoid any shipping errors.
After your e-mail is received, I will send you a PayPal invoice with the proper total. When your payment is complete, your copies will be reserved and in queue to be shipped the week of August 2nd, 2010.
In the event that we have sold out all 250 copies, you will receive an e-mail notification that all copies have been sold and you will not receive a PayPal invoice.
Any and all inquiries regarding this release and/or purchasing questions can be directed to me at: nosleeprecordings@gmail.com
Best Regards and thanks for supporting,
James ג€œDLג€
Track Info (by Nick Wiz)The Cella Dwellas ג€“ ג€œItג€™s Timeג€ 1997 - One of the first tracks we recorded after "Realms and Reality". It was deleted because the bulk of the second album was recorded in 1999 and this track was considered old by the time we got a release date.LSD ג€“ ג€œParkside Madnessג€ 1994 - This was a crew from East Orange that was affiliated with Kay Gee (Naughty by Nature). They actually introduced me to the Miilkbone situation after I produced several tracks for them.Shadowz In Da Dark ג€“ ג€œBright Lightsג€ 1994 - This was actually co-produced by Monochrome (one of the group's emcees). This was for their demo.Pudgee ג€“ ג€œGet Downג€ 1995 - This joint was one of many tracks recorded during the "King Of New York" sessions, but did not make it on the album.Shabaam Sahdeeq ג€“ ג€œCanג€™t Be Ya Loverג€ 1994 - This was off of Shabaam's demo that he was shopping in 94/95. It appeared finally on one of the "Underground Airplay" cassettes.Miilkbone feat. K-Banger ג€“ ג€œDirty Delaneyג€ 1994 - K-Banger was another one of Miilkbone's artists that he brought around while we were working on his album. This track did not make the final cut for the LP.Ran Reed ג€“ ג€œBlack Book Interludeג€ 1994 ג€“ This was a short freestyle done with Marc Ecko for the "Underground Airplay" series.Ran Reed feat. The Cella Dwellas ג€“ ג€œThe Definitionג€ 1997 - I was working on Ran's project and the Dwellas 2nd LP at the same time. Everyone was always around and this collabo naturally happened.Nautilus ג€“ ג€œUntitledג€ 1994 - This was a group from Jersey City that was under my production company. This is one of several joints we worked on.Red Hot Lover Tone ג€œ4 My Peepsג€ Unreleased Remix 1994 - This was a remix that I submitted for the 12" release, but it was not chosen.Chubb Rock ג€“ ג€œVerseג€ 1996 - Chubb Rock came by the studio to pick up some beats to write to, heard the track and dropped an impromptu verse.Shadowz In Da Dark ג€“ ג€œBreak Foolג€ 1992 ג€“ This was an track off of their earlier demo.Chubb Rock, Ran Reed, The Cella Dwellas ג€“ Lyricist Lounge Freestyle 1995 - Another collaboration track done for Ran Reed's demo. We eventually gave it to Ecko Unlimited for one of the "Underground Airplay" cassettes.Nautilus ג€“ ג€œContactג€ 1994 ג€“ Another track from their demo project I worked on.Shabaam Sahdeeq w/ Black Sun (Shadowz In Da Dark) ג€“ ג€œWhen The Shit Hits The Fanג€ 1995 - This was another track recorded for Shabaam's demo. Darc Mind ג€“ ג€œWe In Thisג€ 1996 - This was an unreleased track that we worked on for Darc Mind's debut album on Loud. They were dropped before their project was ever released.Shabaam Sahdeeq feat. Baybe - ג€œSexyג€ 1994 ג€“ While we were working on Shabaam's demo, Guru from Gang Starr brought Baybe down to the studio to work on her project. She jumped on the hook for this song and actually she also sang the hook for The Cella Dwellas single "Perfect Match". Hitman (Ran Reed) ג€“ ג€œReal Niggasג€ 1994 ג€“ This track was done for Ranג€™s early demo when he was still using the name Hitman. Eventually this made onto one of the ג€œUnderground Airplayג€ cassettes.

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

:jiz:

kartman

Post by kartman »

i already got the cd plus i'm damn broke, so i'm not copping

hope they release cellar sounds vol. 2 soon, i'll cop that for sure

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

:spidey: oh my god
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Just ordered my copy - props to No Sleep for making this limited but affordable.

:cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

kartman wrote:i already got the cd plus i'm damn broke, so i'm not copping
There's one track that's not on the CD and some tracks that are gonna be on volume 2.
hope they release cellar sounds vol. 2 soon, i'll cop that for sure
Me too, can't wait. Quarter To Midnight will hopefully surface by the end of the year. :gyeah:

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Verge wrote:Quarter To Midnight
Have you got a snipped of this, curious to hear it!

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kartman

Post by kartman »

Verge wrote:
kartman wrote:i already got the cd plus i'm damn broke, so i'm not copping
There's one track that's not on the CD and some tracks that are gonna be on volume 2.
Yeah i saw that, i'll definately cop vol. 2 when it drops on cd format. As for the one unreleased track, maybe i'll buy that if it comes out as a digital download, I can't afford the 2lp. I'm happy that the limited edition pressings get instantly sold out though :D
As I don't have a myspace page or a facebook profile, does anybody know anything about cellar sounds vol. 2? Any news? Will it be a double cd? Will it have tracks back from the 90s? Anything?
Thanks in advance.

Verge

Post by Verge »

I'm sure Volume 2 will be all tracks from mid to late 90's, but no, no info has been given out anywhere about it yet.

kartman

Post by kartman »

Thanks Vegre, please keep posting any updates :thumbup:

Deejay Essemdee

Post by Deejay Essemdee »

Wow, great news! I already have the CD and will soon order the LP. $40 isn't that bad at all considering some of those limited EP's only have 5-8 songs on em and you pay up to $80 n shit.

And wow, Volume 2 coming on CD later this year??? Nice!! I'm glad No Sleep is back doin their thing.

Any word on One Leg Up yet?????????

schenectadyfan

Post by schenectadyfan »

i dunno, 40 bucks for the vinyl seems outrageous to me. especially considering the 2 cd set i bought was less than half that..

dont get me wrong, i've bought many records that cost more than 40 dollars but this set already came out on cd, and the limited edition thing doesn't really justify the high price, imo at least.