Notable Rap Albums Never Released Officially

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

vaporized

Notable Rap Albums Never Released Officially

Post by vaporized »

I was reading the liner note of that Prince Paul 'Gold Dust' comp. he had out a couple of years ago...said he did an entire album with BIG SHA in 1995 that has never seen light of day, and he say's probably never will be released in the liner notes...now I would really like to hear this.

also the K-Def interview on fromdabricks where he says he is sitting on 2 unreleased albums from the mid 90s (the mid 90's :bow: ) by SAH-B and DE'1 , or something like that...

is there any more shit you guys have heard about that is lying on a shelf somewhere.

here's one I have heard about but never seen:

BAS BLASTA: THE MOUTH THAT ROARED

I was talking with some guy on soulseek a few years back who claimed he was in some crew called MAD VISIONZ, and had heard this album, and had a promo of this.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

both of F.T.'s New Line albums that he completed
O.C. - Love, Hell Or Right
Mekolicious - The Rude Youth
Consequence - Hostile Takeover
Ali Vegas - Sony Album
Money Boss Players - Cop N Go
CRU's 2nd Def Jam LP
24/7 - Loud/Franchise LP
Lord Have Mercy - The Ungodly Hour
D.V. Alias Khrist - The Attack Is On
Golden State Warriors Album
Bad Seed's Debut LP
Large Professor -The LP (the real retail has never leaked)
Krs-One - Maximum Strength

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

DredScott wrote: Consequence - Hostile Takeover
oh maan, are you kidding? If Consequence has an unreleased album from back in the day (I'm talking 94-96 especially) then I need to hear that shit. absolutely...damn. I never hear about that before

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

DredScott wrote:Krs-One - Maximum Strength
Wasn't there a Maximum Strength 2008 with those unreleased old KRS joints? Correct me if I'm wrong..

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

thebigk wrote:
DredScott wrote:Krs-One - Maximum Strength
Wasn't there a Maximum Strength 2008 with those unreleased old KRS joints? Correct me if I'm wrong..
nope...that was a mistitled lp full of new shit. the worst part is that koch released a press release talking about Maximum Strength finally being released for the last 3-4 months.

instead koch or krs (or both) decided to not put that album out and instead drop this boring sh1t full of new tracks instead and label it as his last shelved album on jive. there's no "5 boroughs" on here, no "boogie down clap em (warning shot)" on here, nothing that krs dropped back then that was from the o.g. maximum strength lp. nothing from the original tracklisting for maximum strength.

the thing is that i wouldn't even care if it wasn't for them hyping this up for months, dropping a cover and tracklisting and press release telling the world this was that shelved album (that i had been waiting to hear since '98) when it's just some cut and paste job with new tracks from a rapper that hasn't made a really good album in over a decade.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

wow, that shit is gay. hopefully it gets released sometime

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

DredScott wrote:both of F.T.'s New Line albums that he completed
Ali Vegas - Sony Album
CRU's 2nd Def Jam LP
24/7 - Loud/Franchise LP
Bad Seed's Debut LP
I think You mean the "Golden State Project" that Ras Kass, Saafir and Xzibit were sapposed to drop.....yeah, I had my eye on that forever and was pissed when it just never came out.....prolly was that punk muthafucka Saafir's fault; there's been tons of rumors about how hard he is to work/get along with....he even beefed wit Pac back in the day......I just don't know how that fell apart man....I remember all three of them were touring together and everything....how did we not get that album!?!?

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Rakim - Oh My God

stevieebola

Post by stevieebola »

Lord have mercy - the ungodly hour
Saw a load of adverts for this in the source but never heard anything from it.

step one

Post by step one »

Dre & Cube 'Helter Skelter' (I dont think any of this ever even got recorded despite showing up on release schedules)

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

DredScott wrote:both of F.T.'s New Line albums that he completed
Ali Vegas - Sony Album
CRU's 2nd Def Jam LP
24/7 - Loud/Franchise LP
Bad Seed's Debut LP

you already know your list is on point

how about Troubleneck Bros. - Love/Hate album or that Erule album on Pallas
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

CASH MONEY CLICK - 11 TRACKS ALBUM

BLACK MADNESS - WILD BROOKLYN BANDITS LP

Q-BALL & CURT CAZAL - '92-'93 UNRELEASED ALBUM (i talked with Curt Cazal last week and he sayd he is finally strugglin' to put this shit out)

THE WHOOLIGANZ - MAKE WAY FOR THE W (1994-1995)

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

soopacee wrote:or that Erule album on Pallas
^ something like "Synopsis: The Album"? I hear that was supposed to have been made but not released.

K-Funkadelic wrote:
Q-BALL & CURT CAZAL - '92-'93 UNRELEASED ALBUM (i talked with Curt Cazal last week and he sayd he is finally strugglin' to put this shit out)
^ that would be dope I really like the Q-Ball remix of mama mystique "tremendous" and have heard a 12" by q-ball and Cazal that was good as well. one track had a sample from Kool & the Gang 'Summer Madness and was nice

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Rampage - Red Oktober
Omniscence - The Raw Factor (a full CDQ version)

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

PopsUK wrote: Omniscence - The Raw Factor (a full CDQ version)
yes, got a murky demo version of this, very good though.

got an even murkier version of Crustified Dibbs - Night Of The Bloody Apes, would like to hear full quality of that, I think Erick Sermon produced a few of those tracks on there

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

vaporized wrote:

got an even murkier version of Crustified Dibbs - Night Of The Bloody Apes, would like to hear full quality of that, I think Erick Sermon produced a few of those tracks on there
I developed an unhealthy obsession with getting that Omniscence album, and the shitty quality version that is floating around has just made it worse.

On his myspace last year he said he was finalizing a deal to get it released, along with another album "Raw Factor 2", but nothing happened, and he has gone from updating his page with new tracks, to doing nothing at all. Guess the deal didn't work out.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

There's an unreleased second Ghetto Boys album with the Johnny C lineup.

Also Pharoahe Monch's Innervisions.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

multsanta wrote:There's an unreleased second Ghetto Boys album with the Johnny C lineup.

Also Pharoahe Monch's Innervisions.
Wow - I know nothing about these two. Do you have any more info?

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

PopsUK wrote:
vaporized wrote:

I developed an unhealthy obsession with getting that Omniscence album, and the shitty quality version that is floating around has just made it worse.

On his myspace last year he said he was finalizing a deal to get it released, along with another album "Raw Factor 2", but nothing happened, and he has gone from updating his page with new tracks, to doing nothing at all. Guess the deal didn't work out.
shame...

any idea who did the beats on the version that got demo'd? sounds like BIG KAP had a lot to do with it but I don't know if he produced anything on there. they are excellent mid 90s beats

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

oh yeah , how could i forget about Rampage - Red Oktoba.dude is an asshole anyway , asked $2000 for the a bootleg cd of it!?

and of course , the most highly waited album of all time :

RAW BREED - KILLA INSTINCT (1996)

Marc Live asked some decent money for it and i would gladly pay for it but i don't know if the guy is legit.i trusted that Merdah member and he acted like a bitch!

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

I want that Whooliganz joint more than any of those really and it bothers me more that Alchemist has it and we don't.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

Oh man, I agree with pretty much everything mentioned (CMC, GSW, Khrist, QNC, and 24/7 especially)

anything Pete Rock was involved with (Meccalicious and Grap Luva's albums namely, if Grap even had one, they did a few rare cuts together that could've been from a shelved release)
Snaggapuss
Paula Perry (might've been bootlegged?)

Innervisions was supposed to Monch's follow up to Internal Affairs, and based on the songs that leaked from it, it would've surpassed Desire by far. It's like Monch just scrapped all the hard shit he was doin for Innervisions and went soft for Desire.

I think these are most of the songs that were leaked...

Never Walk Together
Stadium
Tooley Crew Personified
Agent Orange (of course)
Ghetto World
Glorious
War ft. Mos Def
Jungle ft. Talib Kweli & Last Emperor (I only have a freestyle session with the trio, I think this was supposed to be a real song)
I believe a song with Mr. Complex (they have like 5+ together already on Complex's releases, so I'm unsure to that as well)

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

vaporized wrote:
PopsUK wrote:
vaporized wrote:

shame...

any idea who did the beats on the version that got demo'd? sounds like BIG KAP had a lot to do with it but I don't know if he produced anything on there. they are excellent mid 90s beats
I think the whole thing was produced by Fanatik (or Fanatic?) - he produced Amazin' and Touch Y'all, right?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Apathy's album for Atlantic, whatever it was called, will probably be lost in the vaults forever. Say what you will about him now, but this was him in his PRIME. Plus, is has a song called "The Kingpin" that was recorded for the Daredevil soundtrack that was never released.

Not a full album, but DJ Evil Dee produced a song for OC for the Jewelz LP that didn't make the album because it used the "Rocket in a Pocket" break that is near impossible to clear. Both raved about it as one of their best songs when I spoke to them.

Did I miss it, or did Audio Two's "The Last Dead Indian" not get mentioned here? Usually that's the first one that comes out in threads like this.

Let's see, M.O.P.'s Roc/G-Unit albums would be nice. As would DJ Lethal's Death Row album. Charli Baltimore's debut would be great too.

As for rappers who made films that never came out, "Killa Season 2" is apparently in the can and ready to screen, although nothing is happening to put a release in motion.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

Strictly Def - Tales From The Darkside (1987??)
I.G. Off & Hazardous LP??

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Apathy's album for Atlantic, whatever it was called, will probably be lost in the vaults forever. Say what you will about him now, but this was him in his PRIME. Plus, is has a song called "The Kingpin" that was recorded for the Daredevil soundtrack that was never released.

Not a full album, but DJ Evil Dee produced a song for OC for the Jewelz LP that didn't make the album because it used the "Rocket in a Pocket" break that is near impossible to clear. Both raved about it as one of their best songs when I spoke to them.

Did I miss it, or did Audio Two's "The Last Dead Indian" not get mentioned here? Usually that's the first one that comes out in threads like this.

Let's see, M.O.P.'s Roc/G-Unit albums would be nice. As would DJ Lethal's Death Row album. Charli Baltimore's debut would be great too.

As for rappers who made films that never came out, "Killa Season 2" is apparently in the can and ready to screen, although nothing is happening to put a release in motion.
Is Charli Baltimore's debut "Cold as Ice"? If so, it did get released in europe but got pulled off teh shelves immediately. I actually saw it in a store in the UK, then two days later they were gone and they told me he had to return them to the distributor or something...

There's always rumours that "The Last Dead Indian" is about to surface, but it never seems to happen, unless I missed it...

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

DJ Premier just recently did an interview (the one where he was talkin about producing Fat Joe's song "Thank God For That White") and he said that he was sapposed to release an album through Fat Joe's Terror Squad Records imprint back in the late 90's....he said that Joe even gave him the dough for it and enough dough to throw to his people for working on it as well.....forget why the album didn't happen, I think Premier said he turned in the album to Joe, but for some reason Joe wasn't able to put it out or whatever....

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

vaporized wrote:

man, I been tryin to find a cassette copy of that Night Of the Bloody Apes for a minute....I know they're out there I remember my boy had a copy, I don;t know how cause I'm not sure that they were ever released but I know they gotta be out there somewhere....

step one

Post by step one »

I've got that Monch joint 'Never Walk Together' somewhere (albeit a tagged MP3) and its fucking heavy. Shame that LP never materialized

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

what a waste of a post
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>