Notable Rap Albums Never Released Officially

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Mista93

Re: Notable Rap Albums Never Released Officially

Post by Mista93 »

Still no body knows where or how to find that unreleased BushWackASS LP - lay it on me or how it was ?

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

In case you missed it...

Sold for $355 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251794204155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Debonair_P wrote:In case you missed it...

Sold for $355 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251794204155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As far as I know, Paula doesn't even have this CD. That's crazy.

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

I just spoke to Paula that isnt even the full album several tracks are missiing. She says she plans on releasing the full lp one day
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Yeah, I've been in touch with Paula the last 2 years, I arranged her interview with Werner Von Wallenrod and gave her a helping hand with this shelved album. One indie label seemed really interested, but meanwhile she apparently signed a deal to get her rap career back on track, and we didn't talk about "Tales from fort knox" again after that. It's weird to see "Paula's jam" and "Reasons" on this CD, these tracks were 2/3 years old already, which made me think maybe this wasn't the definitive retail LP as she intended.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

If Paula herself doesn't have this - how can she be able to release this "one day" ?
Or what that "gave her a helping hand with this shelved album" means if she still doesn't have this - even after that "helping hand"?
Just wondering to get the facts straight...

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I got it. The seller has 3 more copies. His boy worked for mad sounds/motown

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

He anticipated it selling for more bread. I bid 325.00. Got beat by the winner but on the DL got a copy for a hefty price. Long story short mad sounds was a sub label of motown that folded and the album was shelved immediately after. They were ordered to distroy all promo copies. A few survived. Maybe a few tapes as well. AS far as the seller knows he has the only 5 in existance until he sold the ebay one and then a copy to myself. Id love to share this joint but part of the deal was not to leak it so he can eventually sell the other 2 for decent prices. I obliged since i myself paid 300.00

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Blanco wrote:If Paula herself doesn't have this - how can she be able to release this "one day" ?
Or what that "gave her a helping hand with this shelved album" means if she still doesn't have this - even after that "helping hand"?
Just wondering to get the facts straight...
Not owning a promo CD doesn't mean she doesn't have access to her Masters, for example. But my part of the "job" was to get her in touch with a few labels, and I did it for free, so the technical part was up to her. And according to what Mike Nice previously said, seems like she has other tracks intended for this album in the stash.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

A couple of tracks could be "yall chickens make me laugh" and "4 p's in a pod" im positive this promo is how motown woulda dropped the LP. She said in the interview w Werner motown let her keep the masters. Im sure she had a few more tracks from the sessions. I been listening to the promo for a couple days. Its a typical major label hip hop album from the late 90s few street joints alot of cross over radio shit. Lol even Ace is on the club tip on "im fuckin wit you". Que 45 all over this joint too with the puffy adlibs. Its not a classic by any means but an album i wanted back in 98 after paulas jam, reasons and the extra extra single dropped.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

madstadik wrote:She said in the interview w Werner motown let her keep the masters.
From what she told me, every artist involved (producers, guests) have been paid in advance by the label, which is definitely a good point if she eventually decides to release it. As long as she makes sure the credits are right so people can get their royalty checks, I doubt somebody would try to block her. She had some harsh words for Ace though, and he's supposed to be credited as one of the executive producers, so I'm curious to see how she will handle it.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yea she is also pretty nieve thinking now is a good time to relaunch her career. Esp seeing the direction some of her music has gone in...

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

http://www.discogs.com/Trends-Of-Cultur ... se/5953682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; me want this...no need for PP

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:upload: that rip.

yeah paula should have dropped that a decade ago. nobody is checking for her. nobody really knows her outside of this forum and borkland.

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Philaflava wrote:yeah paula should have dropped that a decade ago. nobody is checking for her. nobody really knows her outside of this forum and borkland.
Well, you know how it goes... Ego is mankind's worst enemy.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Ive peeped some of the youtube videos and was unimpressed. Her twitter is littered with shots fired at Nicki Minaj (which i am positive arent even on minaj's radar) and she came off kinda douchey on werners interview. Ah well her work with the Inc. was dope so ill leave it at that

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Hey congrats on finding that, I know you've been looking for years. Maybe leak it eventually when the statute of limitations expires, or on the DL for the right trade.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Lol thanks Normy. I know u were on a mission to find it for me for that Ras Kass trade. My original offer to the seller was a decent money offer for a flac rip after i lost the original ebay auction then he hit me up with the eye brow raising info of more copies

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

yup and I've found the stuff I've wanted too since then. although I'm still looking for that full catch me if you can LP if that ever surfaces!

that and I'll just continue on my never ending mission to find the old cve tapes

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yea man i want that catch me if u can too. U would think ras would have access to his shit but as we have learned he is quite irresponsible w that

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I def want a higher quality cleaned up rip of pudgee's king of new york promo tape. That 128 half ass rip is appreciated but the sound is horrible

tibo

Post by tibo »

I didn't check if this album already came up inthis topic but the Cypha 7 Got Struggle! should have had an official and professional release.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

I'm sure there was an Ill Gotten Team / IGT thread here once but I can't find it... anyway, seems like their previously unreleased Loud album from the early 00's is now out: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/igt1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Debonair_P wrote:I'm sure there was an Ill Gotten Team / IGT thread here once but I can't find it... anyway, seems like their previously unreleased Loud album from the early 00's is now out: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/igt1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wonder if its different from this release (haven't peeped it yet), track lists look very similar

http://www.datpiff.com/IGT-Alpha-And-Om ... 26299.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

Came in here to talk about a Long Island hip-hop classic, realized I should've kept up with this thread. Anyway,

1) Too Poetic - Droppin Signal: This album is amazing and I can't believe it hasn't gotten a proper physical release yet. Maybe it has something to do with Poetic's estate requesting that the digital copy be taken down from Jesse Serwer's site a few years ago ... https://web.archive.org/web/20120305173 ... log/?p=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2) KMD - Black Bastards: I've now read two times in about as many weeks about the sub-standard mixing/mastering of this album. This is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I really can't imagine it getting any better, but I'm not an expert in this area -- maybe it's just the CD copy I've been listening to for so long has helped endear its lo-fi quality to my ears. Either way, I'd be interested in hearing a remastered version.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Damn that IGT cd is outta stock on cdbaby. I did track down an mp3 scene release of the album though. Shits real dope. I do remember G.I.T. live from college radio back in the day always wondered if dudes had a completed LP. Thanks for the heads up

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

That digital copy of the Too Poetic wasn't too good. Too bad nobody gave it a proper release yet. That might come with greedy wives (bitches) being involved.

Somebody gotta have that KMD in better quality. I mean like I said see the Ruffs and Rare's EP.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Ended up ordering that IGT off amazon digital. Worth the 8 bucks

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Lol some spanish dude trying to sell that paula perry promo for 1200.00 USD

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

K-Solo speaks about dropping an album on Death Row in this 1995 interview, I think that would've been interesting.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;