Godfather Don - Billy Bathgate 12"

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Verge

Godfather Don - Billy Bathgate 12"

Post by Verge »

The good people over at DWG have released a limited amount(300) of this Godfather Don 12" of unreleased material from his 'Hazardous' Era. I can't offer enough thanks and praise to the heads that actually go out and unearth gems directly from the artists themselves. For me, the joint to really check for on here is 'Billy Bathgate', a classic story telling cut about the rise and fall of a drug dealer. The other two tracks, 'FromDaMental' and a remix for the track from 'Hazardous' called 'On And On', are also worth checking out.
The 'On And On' Remix has a slower more mellow type beat, which is fine by me.
Check out DWG's interview with Don here.
While we're at it, check Onelegup's interview with Don here and Unkut's interview with Hydra label founder Jerry Famolari here. He mentions some other Don stuff that may still not have been released yet.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="85" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7242491-b54" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7242491-b54" width="335" height="85" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

Downloads of this Billy Bathgate 12" and the Hazardous album here-
http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... te-12.html

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dope shit :cheers:

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Good sh!t Verge.
:phila: :phila: :phila:

philosophic

Post by philosophic »

Nice, this is why i LOVE :phila:

Thanks V

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

:cheers:
godfather don rivals tupac with the amount of unreleased material that comes out of nowhere.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

ill shit.....

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Blockhead wrote::cheers:
godfather don rivals tupac with the amount of unreleased material that comes out of nowhere.
Word!

Except Don's music is actually good.

Tim Burton

Post by Tim Burton »

Thanks so much!!

JustDuWitt

Post by JustDuWitt »

godmc

Post by godmc »

i dunno who has it, but all the joints featured on that 12" are on don's '90s sessions album - save for the clean and instrumental versions, of course. if someone had the instrumental joints that would be cool, but all in all i'm satisfied with having the main versions.

kimani

Post by kimani »

"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

JustDuWitt

Post by JustDuWitt »

Oh my fault i didnt realize they were on The Nineties Session. Good looks on the quick link though Kimani, lol.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

lol too slow

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0385333350
well so much for that.. i would really like to have this piece of wax but thats too much even for me lol

Verge

Post by Verge »

No prob, fellas. I hope the well never runs dry with all this Don shit.
serch4beatz wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0385333350
well so much for that.. i would really like to have this piece of wax but thats too much even for me lol
Jesus christ. I had doubles of that vinyl. I paid $5 each.
Someone dropped off a grip of them at SandboxAutomatic in like 1999 and they didn't sell much, I'm guessing. Cause they still had copies in 2001. Unless it was a different pressing, but it looks exactly the same to me. It had that big S on it and everything. It came with a piece of paper in the sleeve with pictures of the circular vinyl sticker label. Looked like the rest of the Hydra Don singles.
Oh well. Still got the music. The version of Status is different on that. Only slightly, though. It doesn't have that little bit of singing in the intro.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^That singing I'm talking about was on Status when Bobbito played it and was also on the version that's on the 90's Sessions.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

WHAT THE FUCK?!! $355?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in their right fuckin mind would pay money like that for ONE damn record??? I mean, unless you are very well off, then it's like, you would have to be a crazy ass muthafucka to even pay $50.

I'm very thankful to have bought most of my shit when it came out and then the others I have always found in used bins while out diggin, usually for only a couple of bucks. FUCK these crazy amounts of money that people spend.

Yo serch4beatz, tell me the truth, what's the most you've spent on a record???

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Word!

:rofl:

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

Verge wrote:No prob, fellas. I hope the well never runs dry with all this Don shit.
Jesus christ. I had doubles of that vinyl. I paid $5 each.
Someone dropped off a grip of them at SandboxAutomatic in like 1999 and they didn't sell much, I'm guessing. Cause they still had copies in 2001. Unless it was a different pressing, but it looks exactly the same to me. It had that big S on it and everything. It came with a piece of paper in the sleeve with pictures of the circular vinyl sticker label. Looked like the rest of the Hydra Don singles.
Oh well. Still got the music. The version of Status is different on that. Only slightly, though. It doesn't have that little bit of singing in the intro.
yeah i think that was actually godfather don who dropped them at sandbox haha..

@wicked

man lets just say i spend A LOT if i really want a record and i know im never gonna have the chance to come by it again

kimani

Post by kimani »

WiCkEd, you ever been to vinyladdicts.net? I meant to put this in the thread you started about record credits, that's pretty much what they do. And if you think 300 bucks is crazy money for a record, boy will they have news for you.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Word!

:lol: obviously

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

kimani wrote:WiCkEd, you ever been to vinyladdicts.net? I meant to put this in the thread you started about record credits, that's pretty much what they do. And if you think 300 bucks is crazy money for a record, boy will they have news for you.
Yeah I been to their site, but haven't really gotten too deep into it. Those are the same cats that used to have that Vinyl Addicts Blog, right??? Main guys name was/is Smoov? I guess I'll really have to peep that site harder.

But damn, $300 is nothing for a record??? I guess some of these people are some rich ass muthafuckas?!! I mean, I'm a regular guy making regular money and have always gone broke buyin Vinyl and CD's over the years, but I'm never spending crazy amounts of loot for ONE record. I think the most I ever spent on a record (including shipping) was around $25, and that was for some Japan release. I think it was a Muro 12"??? At the same time, I haven't done too much online shopping for older/used records. Being that I've always lived here in the Bay Area, I have alot of different record stores to go diggin. I always come up on shit, especially in the dollar bins and/or clearence section. I easily come up on and come accross shit that sells anywhere between $5 and $100 online. Thing is, I'm not trying to profit off what I love so if I already have my 2 copies, then the shit I come accross I just leave, unless I know someone who needs it and then I get it and just sell it to them for the price I paid.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

yo its not like they actually buy tons of records for these prices each month.. i mean the majority saves up cash for a really rare record that they want.. if you think this is much then check out some northern soul/ rare funk/ rare soul auctions.. there was a northern soul 45 that sold for 20k

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

[quote="serch4beatz"]yo its not like they actually buy tons of records for these prices each month.. i mean the majority saves up cash for a really rare record that they want.. if you think this is much then check out some northern soul/ rare funk/ rare soul auctions.. there was a northern soul 45 that sold for 20k

Cantin

Post by Cantin »

ive spent a lot of money on vinyl lately. case in point when i bought the whole one leg up series in one purchase.........but i havent spent that much on 1 record, yet. maybe ill come acrross a record that i feel i will never see again and must have. all in all, its how much pleasure these records bring that really counts. not how much it took to get them. especially if u plan to keep them for as long as u can, which for me, is til i die. been thinking about burying them......or passin them to my kid, but only when hes like 18...

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

godmc

Post by godmc »

serch4beatz wrote:yo its not like they actually buy tons of records for these prices each month.
2casesofbeer was doing this on the regular for a while.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

godmc wrote:
serch4beatz wrote:yo its not like they actually buy tons of records for these prices each month.
2casesofbeer was doing this on the regular for a while.
did you ever see him on VA? i doubt it hehe..plus this mimiz911 dude is spending thousands of $ a month on ebay.. check his feedback lol

godmc

Post by godmc »

is 2cases a member on va? i wonder what that dude does. he was ridiculous. he even paid a third party site to bid at the very last second for him. i'll have to check out this mimiz cat.