The Cross Movement - Christian Rap...give props on these!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Mr. J Selectah

The Cross Movement - Christian Rap...give props on these!

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

That's right, christian rap...like the word expresses, christian, makes you think about Christ and all that, which probably is not so appealing as a rare dope underground finding...and so you might consider The Cross Movements contents, strickly on that God level...but by the way i see it, although the messages within "spread some light", the beats are strickly dark shit, some even sound kinda like horrorcore, and the flows are mad tight...i'm posting four LP's here, three from the colective The Cross Movement, and one solo LP by The Ambassador (a member of the group), which is his best to me...if you never heard of them, i suggest you to start with their 1999 LP, and then with their 1997 one...fucking dark production, heavy...they have several more LP's, but the type of style changes, almost like every fucking LP after 2002/03....
Thrust me, you won't regret having these in your collection!

The Cross Movement - Heaven's mentality (1997)

The Cross Movement - The house of representatives (1999)

The Cross Movement - Human emergency (2000)

The Ambassador - Chrystology, in laymen's terms (2000)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8143 ... eaa7bc68bc

Eyedea

Post by Eyedea »

kewl..will check this...nice one again dude!

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

I used to have a Cross Movement album...I think it was "Holy Culture."

Not too bad, I usually don't get down with Jesus rap but these guys seemed genuinely talented, pretty nice on the beats and thier flows weren't too shabby either. I seem to remember that they shied away from that narrow-minded preaching shit that seems to plague most Christian rap, too.

Anyway, they eventually grew tiresome and I traded the album and Chase Phoenix's "Cut To The Chase" for "Bizarre Ride 2 The Pharcyde." :megaman:

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Dope group imo. Appreciate the uploads.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

yea they had some dope shit out back in the late nineties, had a dope video that got constant play on BET also. Their production was pretty good from what Ill remember, props on the links Ima check the album from 99

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

Dope indeed, props for this.

godmc

Post by godmc »

stu dent is dope - i'll get his album up here later on. there's also a few individual cuts i'll up that go hard. there's a ton of ill god-hop out there.