Ganjah K - Danksta Life (1992 Los Angeles,CA)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Hobus Maguire

Re: Ganjah K - Danksta Life (1992 Los Angeles,CA)

Post by Hobus Maguire »

:cheers: basta
Freezy Pazzy wrote:Which makes me think the CD you bought is probably more of a bunch of unreleased tracks put together under this title than the real "Danksta life" album.
:fail: goddamit.

...Speaking of which:
DKNODEAL's Folk Hop Blues

So probably not a lot of you know this, but DK NODEAL (aka DK Toon for all you old timers) dropped a street-level album last year entitled "Folk Hop Blues". This was not a release of the unfinished 90's DK Toon album of the same name, but an entirely different work, one that was much more realized and complete. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to hear it, and here's what I wrote about it at the time:

This [record] is spare, and straight to the point. Beats are minimal (as in less is more) and rhyme styles are direct and more boom bap than Dk's usual soul-inflected stuff. What's dope is that despite the combination of such angular and hard-hitting elements the album is quite restrained, and sober, and poetic; which seems contrary to the styles and tools used to create it. You'd think with the beats and heaviness Dk would be inclined to thug out, but It's really a mature and elegant work, actually - The folk, the blues, and the hip hop are all present. It makes me think of Jacob Lawrence's Migration work, with it's combination of historical reference, solidity, and maturity. It's evident that Dk is speaking from a moment in his life that is a high water mark, and he can see his past and future laid out with some clarity. It's introspective and weighs in on life's accomplishments and which roads to take in the future. And Dk presents that with dynamic styles that evoke primary colors and strong lines.
Awesome record, my hat is off to Dk. I bump it daily, and I'm grateful that I can contribute my 2 cents in some way.

This is a pretty hard album to track down - DK said this was only for the Mom and Pop stores, and as far as I can tell, the only place to cop it online is at the DK-affiliated Feminine Hustle. A link to that site is provided below. Do what you can to check it, it's a world removed from anything he's done previously and opens an entirely new chapter on the artist's work.

Feminine Hustle
http://beetbak.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/ ... blues.html
FOLK HOP BLUES AVAILABLE NOW!

FOLK HOP BLUES IS NOT FOR SALE!

ITS AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY "FOLK HOP BLUES" APPAREL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENJOY. -DKNODEAL
http://www.femininehustle.com/?_escaped ... ists/c24vq

:fail: :fail: :fail:

...Anyone have this?

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

remastered version of harvest for the world - https://ganjahk1.bandcamp.com/album/har ... -the-world" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyone have a link?

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Bit expensive with a minimum of 20$, you can buy the tracks separate for $1 (which makes the costs 15$)

basta

Post by basta »

I can up if is that not a problem 4 anyone....????

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Id appreciate that harvest for the world. I refuse to spend 20.00 on digi only. Do you have V0 by any chance?

basta

Post by basta »

Harvest( from web ):

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/70cf421094/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

basta is the god mc :bow:

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

only 128 kbps fuck that aka a bandcamp streamrip...thx for trying

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yea saw that. No thanks B